the darkest night ♛ kylo ren...

Av kyl0ren

"Only in the darkness can you see stars." - It has been six years since Ben Solo succumbed to his fate and b... Mer

introduction & cast ♛ with care
prologue ♛ the smuggler
chapter two ♛ trade deal
chapter three ♛ the ball
chapter four ♛ familiar tug
chapter five ♛ i mourned
chapter six ♛ fatally vivid
chapter seven ♛ holding cell
chapter eight ♛ snowy visions
chapter nine ♛ his door
chapter ten ♛ slivered hope
chapter eleven ♛ pain inflicted
chapter twelve ♛ a disturbance
chapter thirteen ♛ don't go
chapter fourteen ♛ the prisoner
chapter fifteen ♛ mind lost
chapter sixteen ♛ another reunion
chapter seventeen ♛ new purpose
chapter eighteen ♛ little resistance
chapter nineteen ♛ popped stitch
chapter twenty ♛ burning intensity
chapter twenty one ♛ seeing stars
chapter twenty two ♛ puppy eyes
chapter twenty three ♛ the gala
chapter twenty four ♛ morning after
chapter twenty five ♛ the mission
chapter twenty six ♛ unexpected ally
chapter twenty seven ♛ a reconciliation
chapter twenty eight ♛ the plan
chapter twenty nine ♛ the duel
chapter thirty ♛ stars falling
chapter thirty one ♛ last glimpse
epilogue ♛ one blessing
sequel ♛ dawn

chapter one ♛ new life

4.5K 120 45
Av kyl0ren

When Leia Organa sent me to Naboo six years ago, almost to the date, I was certain I would called be back to fight alongside the Resistance within months. I kept my comlink with me at all times, every day since then, hoping and praying that they would finally need me... but to no avail.

Even sadder than that, I had only one person on the entirety of this planet who I could vent my true frustrations to, the only one who knew of my true identity- but it is near impossible to find alone time with her.

"Hale, the queen has requested that you set her hair this morning in place of her maid." Derlei once again enters my chambers without my permission, something she has certainly begun to make an annoying habit of. I glance at her petite figure, standing just inside. She had always wanted the title I held long even before I held it, but she sadly wasn't quite up to regulation height. So, she became a glorified messenger, relaying information to residents and guests of the palace by holo, or in this case, on foot.

"I'll be only a moment." I dismiss, waving my hand once. I shrug on the cloak of the handmaidens' coordinated Tuesday outfit, slipping the comlink in my pocket. I check that my weapon of choice is nestled safely at my hip under my multiple layers one last time, before leaving the room brusquely.

I make it to the queen's door quickly, and I stand outside waiting to be announced.

"Lady Hale Quaye, your majesty." Announces her page.

"Hale!" She throws open the door from behind her page, grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside.

"That was hardly proper!" I tease, the astonished look on the page's face after witnessing our exchange sending us into a fit of girlish giggles. I follow her to her elaborate vanity and she settles into her chair, facing her mirror.

"I love your hair today, Hale. Could you set mine that way?" She makes small talk, the reflection of her flinty eyes boring into my own. Her hair, an identical shade of white-blonde to mine, hangs loose over her shoulders, ready to be fiddled with.

When I escaped to Naboo, I dyed my hair to match hers so that we may look more similar, as is custom of Nabooian handmaidens- and it didn't hurt anything when it came to hiding my true identity.

The pair of us subtly wait for the rest of the staff in the room to slowly clear out, and I weave her hair together in the meantime. The second the last maid ducks out of the room, I speak.

"It's nearly 6 years to the day, Nikana." I say, sparing the formalities as I address my closest friend. She turns in her chair, looking to me with honest sympathy.

"I can't believe it's been so long. Are you holding up okay?" She furrows her eyebrows, putting her hand over my own comfortingly. "Do you miss them?" She adds a beat later.

Visions of the friends I had grown up with, who I loved so dearly, flash across my mind. Donati's sarcasm, Luna's kindness, Sybil's stubbornness, Marco's adventurous nature.

Ben's smile.

I purse my lips and smile to my friend, trying to shove the intense pain I start to feel in my chest into oblivion. That is what he does to me now- a stark contrast to the way I used to feel when I thought of him.

"Of course I do." I admit sadly, pausing my work on her hair.

"I'm here for you Lyra, and so are the girls, even if they don't know anything about it all." She looks back at her reflection in the mirror thoughtfully, and I thank the Force for having someone like Nikana by my side from the moment I arrived here.

"Thank you." I finish her braids, patting them a few times to check that everything's in place.

After that, she insists on finishing the traditional moon-faced Nabooian makeup herself, which she is admittedly good at, and from then on we make simple chitchat.

-

Later that morning, while Queen Nikana held a private meeting with the Advisory Council, the other handmaidens and I took a walk in the palace garden.

"They're set to hold negotiations with the First Order once again today, just after luncheon." Quil tells us all, to which we all react in varying levels of exasperation. A pang of fear strikes in my chest for reasons unknown to the others, but Nikana already assured me that they would never find out my identity, as they believe Lyra Escara, padawan learner and former apprentice to Luke Skywalker to be dead.

"Surely they should have negotiations done by now. They've been here over a week!" Mariko points out. At that, everyone begins to blurt opinions at the same time, and the conversation is steered in a bad direction.

"I just hope Nikana feels safe with all of their officials around so often." Baya adds, above the noise, and Ahti nods her head in agreement.

"I certainly hope she doesn't. I know they're up to something." Sheva mutters to me only, meeting my eyes. We pass some brilliantly pink lillies, and the girls all stop to admire them. Sheva and I stand behind, too preoccupied with our thoughts of the snakes lurking in our midst.

"Mommy!" A tiny voice calls, feet swishing in the grass as they quickly draw nearer. The pair of us turn around to catch the sight, a small smile adorning my face.

An adorable little boy no older than five with dark curls and bright brown eyes approaches, grin wide as ever and hands outstretched.

"Raze, I missed you, baby!"

Raze pitches himself into his mother's arms, and Sheva laughs as she holds the back of his head close with her palm. A blush warms my face, and the other girls gush over the scene, delighted whenever Raze is able to visit.

Of everyone I've met here, Sheva is the one I would most like to trust with my true identity, besides Nikana. She was in a situation similar to my own- her husband is a prominent figure in the Resistance, and she's been hidden along with their son, Raze, to keep them safe from the enemy. I've never met her husband, but from her stories I can tell he is a good man.

I wonder what would have become of Ben and I, if our lives hadn't taken such a drastic turn. Well, mine at least, as I'm not even sure he's alive.

"Ladies, the queen requests your protection in her negotiatory meeting with our honored guests." Derlei announces, obviously meaning we are expected for her meeting with the First Order.

With that, Sheva bids her son fairwell and we hook arms, sharing a look of unease.

-

welcome to the first official chapter of the darkest night. this chapter is sort of long, but tells a lot of important information- plus, i'm going to try to make chapters longer in this book than they were in covet!

what do you guys think of the new characters? or of lyra's identity on naboo?

what's gonna happen with the first order?

what about ben??

all important questions!

thank u all for reading as well, please be sure to vote and comment as much as possible to let me know what u think! thank u!

-kait

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

741K 20.2K 23
Herana Iris is the sole heir to the throne of Waruia, a planet that sits between The Republic and the First Order. Cunning, smart and strong, Herana...
20.9K 298 54
The Head Technician of the First Order. An orphan from Corellia. Ree Keelor. One day, fixing a broken cooling system, the next, being taught how to w...
10K 589 48
--Sequel to Ben Solo-- Ben Solo has turned to the Dark Side. The First Order, led by Snoke through his puppets, Kylo Ren and the young General Hux, i...
17K 2.2K 42
RATED #1 IN REYANDBEN RATED #2 IN REYANDBEN RATED #4 IN DAISYRIDLEY RATED #3 IN CHECKITOUT RATED #5 IN STARWARSSTORY In a fleeting act of desperation...