Wildest Dreams [ I ]

By Descentlife

Harriet Jones A basic college student staring a new life. Living with her best friend she doesn't have any pr... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
*Author's note* - S E Q U E L

N I N E T E E N

868 29 0
By Descentlife

"Wait so let me get it straight. Stephen invited you for dinner?" I tucked my phone between my shoulder and ear. "Exactly and I have a feeling that this is gonna get awkward as hell." She chuckled. "Well let's just hope that you present yourself well and don't humiliate yourself in front of your ex." I rolled my eyes. "He's not my ex since we never dated in the first place."

"Whatever then your little boy toy. Now go there and show him what he's missing." Harper was getting on my nerves right now. "Did we just leave out the fact that he shot my father." Why do people always pretend like everything is fine when it's clearly not. "Ok I get it but it was four years ago and I know this situation is not so convenient for you but still try." I wish I could see it that way but hope I don't get over it.

Drama queen? Absolutely. "Ya ok I'll go and hope that we don't end up clinging on to each others throats." She chuckled. "It's fine hun. Anyways I gotta go have fun at your little date." God no. "Harper it's not a date." She hung up. Bitch. I packed my little purse and took my car to the place where he wanted to meet. Although I'm trying to deny it feels like some sort of date. At least I hope it's a friendly one.

Although I wouldn't consider us as friends. And for sure would I never reconsider to date that douche. Ever since Kash came into my life I drifted away from the whole Stephen thing. But now thinking of the possible chance of working with him makes me doubt if I really wanna work here. At least I hope he appreciates the fact that I'm even willing to talk to him after that stunt.

I found myself in front of a pretty high class restaurant. I knew this one. But I've only seen it from outside and on pictures. This place is for absolute millionaires. A wine costs hundreds sometimes. With that I could eat for a week so nah never gonna come here again. So I gotta enjoy the class. As I entered the restaurant I was greeted by a charming young man. "Hello miss welcome to Emperor's palace."

He extended his hand. I hesitantly took it and he lead me into the restaurant. It was absolutely elegant. It was held in black and gold. Very rich. Never would thought of being in such a place. "May I know your name?" I feel like I'm in a palace. The treatment was very unlikely but I loved it. "Harriet Jones." Just then entered another man. "Ms. Jones. Mr. James is waiting for you. Follow me." He held out his arm leading me into the elevator.

Gosh. This building had 20 flours. For a restaurant that's huge. He brought us to the 14th floor and I entered. The Aroma of that fragrence filled my nostrils. "Miss end of the hallway and left." I nodded and he dismissed himself with a smile. Walking down the way felt some what of relieved. The whole scenario was warm even though this place was not for my class. I found myself in front of huge doors at which I wanted to know but they opened up.

I entered the room as my eyes wandered over the huge massionete apartment which was mobilised with style. "Wow." I found myself gasping. "Harriet." His voice. I turned around his intense eyes boring into mine. His eyes wandered over my body and the old me would have felt shy and uncomfortable. But I didn't. I felt confident and happy in some weird way.

"Hey Mr. James." I couldn't suppress laughter. That sounder hilarious. He smirked a little. "Never call me like that again. Stephen." I shrugged walking over to him not to close but like 1 foot distance. "So um to get to the point. You invited me here because?" He motioned on the sofa for me to sit and I did sighing. "Ya a few things actually but how about we eat something?"

"Can I be honest with you?" He nodded. "Sure go ahead." I placed my purse in the table. "I don't want things to get awkward you know. I mean we kinda had a thing for each other in the past and now sitting in front of you is kinda weird." He nodded. He stood up grabbing himself a bottle of bourbon. "Excuse me. Would you want some?" I shook my head. He gulped down a glass of it.

"I know this whole thing is kinda weird for you but trust me when I see I don't have any of such intentions. I wanna keep things friendly and professional between us." Ouch. It slightly hit a nerve but it didn't bother me that much. "Ok but that still doesn't change that fact that things will be weird." He sighed. "What do you wanna do huuh? Not take the job?" Wait. "Does that mean I'm?"

"Yep you're appointed. I know you just finished college but you're still absolutely qualified for this job." I smiled.  My first Job and it was for such a big company. I could have never hoped anything better. Although working with Stephen might become a little problem. "And this place?" He pointed around him and got up. "Is yours. My eyes whidend as I also got up scanning the apartment. "Oh my god you can't be serious." He nodded.

"I'm absolutely serious Harriet. This place is all yours. And you're gonna work in that restaurant beneath." Wow that's just amazing. It was everything anybody like me could ask for. I couldn't help but throw my arms around him. "Thank you so much Stephen." Hesitantly he wrapped his arms around my waist. I just held on to him thankful for this generosity he had shown.

If I wanted I could have had a place like this. My father is a mafia boss. But I wanted to earn it and not get everything for free. And this is what I got for my qualification and not for my dad. I realise I was still holding him and pull back awkwardly. I gave him a simple smile and let got of his shoulders. "Your welcome." He smiled with his dimples showing of. I missed that honest smile.

"So now would you mind? Joining me for dinner?" He asked extending his arm. I took it and smiled. "Of course." We both took the elevator. Elevators huuh? Typical scenarios for you know what. I looked anywhere but at him. Just like he avoided my gaze. When we arrived downstairs a member of staff leader us to our table in the back of the restaurant where only less people were sitting.

We both sat down and Stephen handed me the card. "Order anything you like." I nodded and my eyes roaming over the menus. My eyes whidend at the prices. That's usurious. "Stephen I can't. After ordering one thing I'll be broke." He chuckled. "Don't worry it's all me. I mean it's my restaurant after all." I sighed. "I don't want you to..." He raised his hand. "I insist. You're my employee now and I know to treat them properly."

I had a feeling that it had a double meaning. But I shook of the inappropriate thoughts and looked back at the card. "So I think I'll just go with the spaghetti." He nodded. He raised his hand. A young waitress came smiling at us. "Mr. James what a pleasure. And good evening to you miss." Her smile beamed with joy. I smiled back. "Katherine could you please bring us one spaghetti." He looked back at the menu.

"The Samundari Khazana. A glass of  Château Lafite-Rothschild 1990" I knew that one. That was one of the most expensive wines. After the waitress left my eyes whidend. "Fucking hell that wine 9.570 €." He chuckled. "You know about wine?" I shook my head. "No but my dad loved that one so I have little knowledge but still OH MY GOODNESS." He laughed. "You should taste it. It's one of the finest."

"That's the reason why I never entered this place." He rolled his eyes. "Come one. It's just one expensive place but not everything is like that. This is the 5 star part. In the front we offer normal things which is not as expensive as this one." I nodded. "And in which department am I working?" He smirked. "Here possibly. If you do good I'll let you stay." My eyes whidend. "Stephen that's enough for one evening."

"I mean you fucking gave me an apartment. I'm gonna work in this gorgeous place. It can't be better. All thanks to you." He smiled. "You earned it. I mean your grades and qualifications are really good for this department. I mean you just finished college and it's surprising so I did what I had to do. I mean I would be regretted not choosing you." I smiled thankfully.

"I'll always remember those words. I appreciate it." Katherine came back with our food. "You're welcome. Bonne apetite." I couldn't wait an just dug in not carrying about my luxury surroundings. "Mmmh it's so good." I slurred down the spaghetti. Stephen just laughed. "Same old foodie." I smiled. "That'll never change." He pushed me a glass of wine. "You should try this then."

I hesitantly took a sip waiting for the bitter Taste. But it was sweet. It ran down my throat like silk. " Wow it's good." Stephen tossed his glass with mine before drinking down the whole. The rest of the evening we spent catching up and talking about old times. And for my surprise it was not awkward at all because he didn't have that flirty manner on which he used to have when I was younger. And I was glad.

Now at least I knew he wouldn't try anything because he promised me that we'll keep things friendly. He dropped me In front of my apartment also getting out of the car. "Thank you Stephen. The evening was very nice." I smiled stopping at the stairs. "No mention. I enjoyed it too and it felt good catching up." I sighed. We both stood there just enjoying the moment. He took a step forward. Standing just In front of me.

He pushed a strand away from my face before placing a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at the little gesture. "Thanks." He smiled slyly. "Good Night Stephen." I patted his arm. "Good Night Harriet I'll meet you on Saturday when you move in." I gulped but still smiled before walking into my apartment. Just for a few more days apartment. As I entered the whose it was super quite. Jenna was asleep I guess because I could hear her quite snores.

I walked into my room stripping out of my clothes and jumping into the shower. I let the warm water flow down my body. It calmed down instantly. I still felt his lips on my cheek. I put some soap rubbing it of me. I can't let him get under my skin. Again. It would be absolutely disrespectful towards my dad. And I didn't want that. I'll always put family first. He's the only one I have left apart from my mother from whom I'm not hearing anything anymore.

I put on a pair of joggers and t-shirt pulling my hair into a low bun. Then I jumped into my had sinking into the soft mattress. I sighed. It had been a long day and I still gotta solve the robbery problem. But that's for later. Now I need my well needed sleep. Good Night Harriet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776 15 9
She-- is engaged to be married. He-- is a handsome British bachelor. They live worlds apart, but their souls are drawn together despite all obstacles...
470K 14.2K 41
"Do I make you nervous, Sweetheart?" He spoke lowly. "Psh, no! I just-" I gasped when his tongue flicked out and touched my neck. My hands flew up t...
607 72 8
What would happen if every repressed emotion suddenly came to life bringing your biggest faults to reality? For Ann Stark this exactly what happens...
1.4M 37K 52
**X-Rated!** MATURE SCENES HIGHLY ADDICTIVE 18+ **This story is currently being split into 3 separate books. This part is all 3 books into one as a "...