Betrayed To Frosting Point

By PiersonNyx

When the world is in danger again, from something more dangerous than a titan, or even worse than Gaea, the g... More

Chapter One - Explanation
Chapter Two - Eyes
Chapter Three - The Huntress and Her Hunters
Chapter Four - Hopelessness and Hope
Chapter Six - Revenge?
Chapter Seven - Capture the Flag
Chapter Eight - Attack
Chapter Nine - Names
Chapter Ten - Chaos
Chapter Eleven - Camp Jupiter
Chapter Twelve - Storytelling
Chapter Thirteen - Again
Chapter Fourteen - Punishment
Authors Note
Chapter Fifteen - Time
Chapter Sixteen - Sacrifice
Chapter Seventeen - Relax
Epilogue

Chapter Five - Return

19.3K 390 87
By PiersonNyx

Percy, Piper, the hunters, and Artemis walked up to the throne room, worried about what was about to happen. Out of all of them, Artemis seemed the most nervous. She knew that most of the council still wanted to kill Percy and Piper, including Athena, even when reason was presented to the council. It seemed like the only ones who didn’t want to kill them were Hestia, herself, and surprisingly Zeus. She knew that Zeus tried to hide that fact that he didn’t want to kill them, but Artemis could tell, given how he would act during any council meeting where the subject of Percy and Piper came up. Artemis and the hunters had agreed to come with Percy and Piper to Olympus, so Artemis could explain some things, while making sure that, for one, no one killed the two powerful demigods, and so that she could make sure that the hunters used the ‘code names’, Polaris for Percy, and Ivory for Piper. Artemis didn’t know why they chose those names, but they did, so she and the hunters would call them that to protect their identities for the time being, until they were ready to revel themselves.

Artemis pushed to throne room doors open, and was startled to find that the throne room was empty except for Zeus, who was looking worried.

“Father?” Artemis asked her voice soft and worried. She knew that it took a lot for Zeus to look worried. “What is wrong?”  Zeus looked up, surprised to find Artemis at the doors.

“Daughter, it has begun. We found out that Nyx is the primordial that we are fighting.” Artemis was saddened by this, before she realized the reason why she was here in the first place.

“Father, I must ask, after these five years, what do you think of Percy Jackson and Piper Mclean?” Zeus looked startled. It had been a while since anyone had talked about them, even in the council. He decided that it was time to share his true feelings towards them, especially since it was just Artemis who was asking. 

“To say the truth, I am saddened. They were heroes, and we treated Percy like he was a traitor. At first, I thought that I was doing the world a favor, but as I thought about it, it made less and less sense. Percy’s fatal flaw was enough to convince me that I had made a mistake. If they were here, I would want to apologies to them, and try to make their lives as nice as possible. May I ask why did you ask?” Zeus said. Then, he noticed the two new people in the ranks of the hunters, but wearing different clothes, and what surprised him most was the fact that one was a male. “And who are they?” He said, pointing to Percy and Piper.

Artemis walked over to them, and whispered something in their ears, and they nodded, much to the confusion of Zeus. He had never seen Artemis act this way to a male. Artemis turned to Zeus.

Percy was nervous about what Zeus would say, even if he had said that he wanted to apologize. He knew that it was good that Zeus didn’t want to kill him, but he was still nervous, until Thalia put a hand on his shoulder, before whispering “Don’t worry, the hunt will protect you if need be.” Percy smiled at that.

Artemis started off slowly. “Father, I need you to promise me something.”

“What?” Zeus asked, getting more and more curious.

“I need you to keep your head about you, swear it on the Styx.” Zeus looked confused, but none the less agreed to her terms.

“Father,” Artemis said before she lost her nerve. “Over the past five years, I have been able to locate Percy and Piper.”  Zeus looked shocked, and was about to yell at his daughter, before remembering his promise. “They ran away to Alaska to escape the wrath of the council. After about a week, I heard from Hermes about a car crash near the boundary of Alaska and Canada, involving two teenagers. As you know, the hunters and I did not believe that Percy and Piper were traitors. When we heard about the crash, we immediately made a beeline for the crash site. When we got to the hospital, Percy and Piper were being treated for minor injuries. I helped disguise them from the gods. When we finally saw Percy and Piper, they had been treated and had walked out of the hospital, I then noticed their eyes. Father, do you know of the ancient prophecy about the two heroes that would receive the blessing of Chaos?”

“Yes.” Zeus said his eyes wide. 

“Well, it seems to be that Percy and Piper were the heroes that were prophesied to be blessed. Over the past few years, I have helped them train, and the released them to save demigods from their families, and monster attacks, and now they are almost if not as powerful as I am. I have brought them here to help in the war effort.”

Zeus was beyond speechless when the two outlier’s stepped forward, and threw off their hoods, which until that point had been hiding their faces. He slowly got down from his throne, and to everyone’s surprise, hugged the two demigods.  He looked at their eyes, and was very surprised to see that they were now multi colored. When he finally found his voice, all he said was, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t know that you were still alive; I assumed that you were dead. I’m sorry, if I had known, I would have helped Artemis.”

Percy and Piper were stunned. They had never seen Zeus act like this. After finally getting over their surprise, Zeus demanded them to tell the full story, so they did, including the small changes in their appearance, matching the descriptions that the campers had provided. He was shocked to say the least. After explaining that they wanted to keep their identities a secret for now, he agreed to call them Polaris and Ivory, after asking why those names. Percy had chuckled and said that they just liked the ring that they had. Zeus laughed at that. Artemis was surprised that her father had taken this so well, and even went as far to thank her for keeping them safe. He and Artemis decided that it would be good to call a council meeting about these events, and made sure that Percy and Piper put their hoods on before Zeus raised his Master Bolt, and called all the other gods to the throne room for a meeting. When the entire council was assembled, most looking at the new demigods with curiosity, Zeus spoke.

“Now that we are all here, I can explain the reason for this meeting. The first matter is that Nyx has begun her attack. There is an army marching towards Camp Jupiter as we speak, but they will not be there for about a day.” The council looked saddened and worried, before Athena spoke up. “We will send the best from Camp Half-Blood to help defend the camp, as the two camps now get along much better. Now, what of these two demigods, if you can call them that, they seem to radiate power like a god?”  Zeus smiled at Percy and Piper before speaking.

“You have all heard the ancient prophecy of the two heroes that would be blessed by Chaos himself, well I introduce to you Polaris and Ivory, the blessed of Chaos.” The council erupted into chaos, most of it yelling at Zeus to explain. Zeus raised his master bolt before shooting it into the ceiling, shutting up the council. “I know that you all have questions, but I have been requested by them to keep their identities a secret, as they have powerful enemies. Artemis has watched over them for a few years, and has made sure that they are loyal to Olympus. They are here to help, and it would be wise to treat them like gods, because it is possible that they are more powerful than we are. Do not question them, or you will face my wrath. Do you understand?” The council was stunned at Zeus’s speech, but they all nodded, knowing that it would not be a good idea to get on the King of the Gods bad side. The council stared at the two demigods, a little frightened, but the female spoke.

“We are not here to cause trouble, but as Zeus said, we will be fighting with you, but if you make one move against us, it will not end well for you.” Percy was startled by her claim, but couldn’t agree more, they needed the fear in the council to keep them from asking 1too many questions, but of course, that didn’t really work. Athena spoke.

“Who are you, I demand to know.” Percy smiled, before raising his hand and focusing on the water in the air around Athena, freezing it into a cage of ice.

“I am Polaris, and this is Ivory, I thought that of all the gods and goddesses, that you would have figured out that we will not revel our identities, because it would be bad battle strategy.” Athena looked at him with a small bit of fear, before trying to break the cage, but she couldn’t break it, when she tried, the ice would break, but would immediately be replaced. She tried again and again, until the ice around her turned to fire, blocking Athena from view of the council. After a few moments, the council began to hear sobbing. Not sobbing as like the ‘I’m somewhat sobbing’, but full on, racking the body sobbing coming from where Athena would be sitting inside the wall of fire. The entire council looked at the two demigods in shock. Both of their eyes were glowing, and their aura was almost unbearable, as if the entire council was forced into one body.  Polaris’s eyes were glowing an orange color, the color of fire, while Ivory’s eyes were glowing with a golden color. Then, Ivory spoke.

“Athena, it would not be wise to go against your father, and especially not against us. We hold no grudge to the council, but we could easily change. This war is more than you know, and you will fail without us.” With that, the fire disappeared, and Athena stopped sobbing. The council, with the exception of Artemis and Hestia, who knew of the powers that the demigods possessed, were terrified, even Zeus. Athena slowly nodded, and wiped furiously at the tears streaming down her face.

“Father, you have seen what they can do first hand. I believe it is time to introduce them to the Councilors and the Praetors.” Artemis said, with a hint of pride in her voice.

“Excuse me, Lords and Ladies.” Percy said before he smirked. “I have an idea for how to do that, but I will need help from you.”  Zeus looked at Percy, before realizing that he and piper would probably want some type of revenge on the camp, and if Percy was willing to help out with the war, then he should let him have his fun, at least for a little bit.

“Alright, I suppose we can listen to your idea, but we will have to decide whether or not to do it.” Percy nodded and explained his idea.

  <-><-><->

Nico was sitting inside the Hades cabin, thinking about the upcoming war. He knew that weird things were happening, especially in the underworld. Within the underworld, there was an entrance to the pit of Tartarus. Normally, anyone could technically access it, but for some reason, it was closed off. Nico had talked to Hades about it, and it wasn’t his doing. Although, he did seemed to know something about why, but wouldn’t share it. For the past few years, everyone at camp had noticed a change in the demur of the gods. They seemed to be colder, and less open, even though they would still claim their children by the age of twelve, something that Percy had asked them to do.

Percy

It had been five years since the gods had sentenced him to death, and Nico, along with the rest of the camper’s believed it, but after a few months, a small group of campers began to form because of one connection. They all knew that Percy would never betray the camp, or the gods. It just wasn’t him. It seemed like this small group were the only ones to realize this, but it didn’t help that Annabeth and Jason were running the camp like a military academy. There was hardly and laughter and almost no pranks were pulled. The group of rebels only could meet at one time to discuss what they wanted to, and that was after curfew, and then it was dangerous to meet, because, not only of the harpies, but because of the patrols that the camp had. Annabeth had decided that they needed to protect themselves more, and so she set up patrols along the border of camp. If they caught you out after curfew, you would have to deal with Annabeth personally, and no one wanted that. She had grown cold and mean. She almost never smiled, and when she did it was only to Jason. 

Nico was brought out of his thoughts by a commotion outside. He got up from his bed, and ran outside to see what was happening. When he got to the cause of the commotion he stopped in his tracks.  In the middle of the camp, right over where the camp fire normally is, was the words “We have Returned” made out of solid ice, with flecks of gold.  Nobody in camp knew what it meant, or who was retouring Over the years, there had been many demigods who had disappeared. Nico got a weird feeling in his stomach when he thought about who could have returned. He hoped that it would be Percy and Piper, but he knew that would be impossible. The gods would never allow them to come back, even if they had finally figured out that he was not a traitor, but he still hoped. As everyone stood there, trying to figure out who was returning, and what it would mean, the temperature dropped, causing everyone to start shivering immediately.

“What in Hades is going on?” Shouted Annabeth, and everyone had to agree with her. They had no idea what was going on. Even Chiron, who had just shown up, had no idea, and he was the one who was supposed to know everything.

There was a bright flash of light, and the hunters flashed in, all of them smirking.  Chiron immediately bowed, noticing that Artemis was with them, and slowly the rest of camp did too. Artemis or the hunters did not speak or move, they just stood there, smirking, causing a wave of nervousness to go through the campers. It went on like that for about a minute, before everyone felt a powerful being enter the area. In a flash of fire, a man appeared in front of the hunters, between them and the campers. He wore a hooded icy blue cape. Then a second aura entered the area, and in a flash of gold, a woman stood next to him, wearing the same thing, except her cape was completely gold. From their height and size, they looked to be in their mid twenties, and there aura was the same, if not more powerful than the gods aura. Annabeth finally spoke up.

“Who are you?” She asked, somewhat shaken from the aura emitting off the two beings, because they definitely weren’t human. Surprisingly, Artemis answered the question before smirking at the campers faces.

“They are Polaris and Ivory, the Blessed of Chaos.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 3.1K 45
What happens when Percy Thalia and Nico are raised on Olympus as their mother died during childbirth? Read and find out what happens after they are...
315K 7.3K 20
(REWRITTEN) What would you do if everything you had was taken? Your family, friends, home? How about your dreams, your love, your life? Would you acc...
330K 4.8K 32
Percy has been betrayed, but where he ends up is what people would call cool, he's in avengers tower! Living with his uncle, attending school. Learn...
179K 1.9K 64
I think you know what happens. Rankings: Currently #1 in Betrayal Currently #5 in Chaos