Purple

By allmulti

𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 π˜‰π˜­π˜Άπ˜¦ 𝘠𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 π˜™π˜¦π˜₯ π˜–π˜³π˜’π˜―π˜¨π˜¦ 𝙋π™ͺ𝙧π™₯π™‘π™š Greens are geniuses. Blues are telekinetic... More

Purple was COPIED
Disclaimer + Challenge
Playlist
Songs Found & Where
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Epilogue
Sequel

Eleven

8.3K 238 176
By allmulti

Dedicated to sodonewithreality

It was early in the morning and Ruby was the only one still sleeping. She was woken up when she felt the bed move a bit. She looked over and saw Zu...holding a red dress with a smile on her face.

"Oh, no. I'm really not a fancy dress kinda girl."

Zu wasn't buying it as she gave her a look and directed the dress to her. The face she made basically read wear the dress I don't have all day.

"I would do as she said...wants?" Luce said as she got out of the bathroom. "She found me a pink shirt and she made my ass put it on. Oh, and I don't like pink."

That caused Ruby to raise a brow as she looked at her. Just by looking at her, she could tell she wasn't a fan of the color, so she believed her. "I think I'll wear the dress."

"Good idea," she said with a nod. "Besides, red seems like a good color on you." She got out of the bathroom and went to her bag that was on the couch. "I'll let you have your time in there. We'll be leaving soon though."

Ruby got out of bed. "Thanks." 

She took the dress from Zu and went to the bathroom. She did whatever she could as a morning routine and finished off with putting the dress on. She looked down at the dress before she looked at herself in the mirror. Even if it was just a piece of clothing, she didn't recognize herself. Never has she worn something this presentable.

When she got out of the bathroom, she heard a whistle. She figured it came from Luce and she couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not used to wearing something like this."

"I think it suits you," she told her with a smile. "What do you think, Zu?"

She held up her gloved hands and gave a thumbs up with a smile.

Ruby chuckled. "I'm gonna go outside now."

"Make them drop their jaws while you're at it."

She shook her head with a small smile and left the motel room. She saw Liam scraping paint from the van. "Hey."

"Hey," he said before taking a double-take. He looked at her as she posed, both chuckling as he stood up. "Where'd you get that?"

"It's stupid," she said as she suddenly grew a bit shy.

"No, no. It's, uh... It's been a while since I've seen a girl in a dress. Or anyone in a dress." He chuckled. "I feel like I should ask you to prom or something."

"Well if that's the case then I'll be the chaperone," Luce said as she brought her bag to the van, interrupting them. She pointed at the two. "I better not catch any of you spiking the punch bowl."

"Do you think if we weren't taken that would happen at our prom?" Liam asked.

"Oh yeah. When has it never been a thing?"

"True," he said with a nod.

"Well, unfortunately, I'm already going with the captain of the football team, so..." Ruby walked over to the van, hands behind her back.

"Conner Jenkins?"

"Oh gosh," Luce mumbled with a small laugh.

"Did you just make that name up?" Ruby asked with a laugh.

"No, Conner Jenkins was at Caledonia with us," he told her.

"Even though I wasn't around any of the other kids, I even knew who he was," Luce said as she closed the van door.

"He was an idiot, though," he added.

"And that's how I knew him."

Ruby nodded her head. "Well, in that case, gotta dump him." She smiled at him, both looking at each other until they were interrupted.

"Why don't we start with scraping these letters off this minivan and then we'll see where it goes from there?" Luce asked as she rolled up her sleeves from her long-sleeved shirt. "I'll actually help you this time."

He chuckled. "This time? Well, I think that's a done deal."

He and the two girls started to scrape paint off of the van. Underneath the black paint was silver metal.

"So do you always carry a cocktail dress when you're on the run?" He playfully asked Ruby, earning a chuckle.

"No, Zu gave it to me."

"She likes you," Luce told her with a kind smile.

"Careful, though," Liam said. "She might need a friend this time and not just a mom."

Luce knew she was being called out on purpose. "Okay, dad."

That caused Liam to smile and Ruby to chuckle.

"I think she might turn you into her own personal dress-up doll."

"She's not turning Luce into one?" She asked with a slightly raised brow.

"She won't let her, although I will say that I feel like at times she'll give in. Right, Luce?"

"Keywords: at times."

A door opened and that caused the three to stand up and look where it came from.

"Tracers," Liam told them.

The man held a hand up in a protective way to who was assumed to be his wife. Compared to the world, those with abilities are heathens. The way the adults were told, of course he would be protective with her, even though they're the older ones.

Ruby looked at them, her eyes turning orange for a moment before returning to their usual browns.

"Come on, let's just go," the woman said before her and the man went to the car and left.

"Wait, what just happened?" Liam asked.

"I don't know," Ruby said.

"Did you do that?" He asked Luce. "Did you control them to leave?"

She looked over at Ruby and saw the expression on her face. Instead of answering, she looked at Liam and shrugged her shoulders, not saying yes but not saying no either. "I'm gonna go get Zu. We should get going."

"Yeah..." He slowly nodded his head, looking at her before he went to the back of the van, leaving the two alone.

Luce looked at Ruby, her eyes turning purple. I don't know what exactly you are, but you're not a Green, she told her in her head before she went to go get Zu.

Hearing her voice in her head made her eyes go wide. She went to look at her, but she was already out of her sight. The only word she could think of: shit.

§§§

They were back on the road. Liam was driving while Ruby was on the passenger seat. Luce was sitting in between them with the provided space and the two were in the back.

The radio was on and the speaker spoke, "And now the president's son, Clancy Gray, with his message of hope."

Clancy's voice can be heard through the radio, "If I can be cured, you can be cured."

Chubs spoke over, "Wonder king, Clancy Gray. 'If I can be cured, you can be cured.'"

Ruby chuckled. "You had those stupid posters, too?"

"Seven shades of bullshit," he told her.

"More like fifty shades of bullshit," Luce mumbled, earning a playful smack from the Blue next to her. She looked at Liam and smirked as she was sure he understood that reference.

"That's right," Ruby mumbled, completely unfazed.

Chubs looked over at Zu's notebook. On it contained numbers, but they appeared to be turned into pictures instead. "You gotta stop drawing the cats all over the nines and sixes." That caused the group to start laughing. "She needs her numbers. You have to learn," he said with a laugh.

edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 39 13
[ᡀʰᡉ ᴰᡃʳᡏᡉ˒ᡗ ᴹⁱⁿᡈ˒] Greens, Blues, Yellows, Reds, Oranges, Purples. Each possessed unique and extraordinary abilities, yet they were deemed a threat...
7.2K 306 41
"How do you make living look so difficult?" "I'm not living, I'm merely surviving." After being lab rats in a dangerous experiment, Ashley, Marina, R...
18.8K 767 33
Alternate timeline to The Darkest Minds series. After being rescued from Leda Corp, Sheena found herself in another hellhole-The Children's League...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...