Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 59

293 10 1
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc.)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 2189

~~♛~~

Silver~

People began surrounding the body that had fallen from the building floor. They screamed with horror and despair at the sight, as mothers covered their children's eyes and some yelling for the police or Nurse Joy.

I once again dropped to the floor, realizing my actions.

'Lyra won't forgive me for killing someone,' I thought—no... Lyra was dead. I killed Archer in an act of vengeance, yet how come I imagined Lyra feeling sad, screaming and crying at the sight like the others? Why could I imagine she would never forgive me?

I heard footsteps behind me, to notice the two grunts appearing at both sides.

"Sir, are you alright?" the male grunt—Carl—asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

Sham approached the edge of the broken panel to stare at the scene in front of her. "What a commotion that's happening down there."

"Please forgive us, sir, but... Sham and I have heard the conversation between you and Executive Arch—"

"Don't speak his name," I responded with a voice laced with venom. Hearing that name makes me sick.

"My apologies, but we heard the conversation you had.  Don't worry, we will not breathe a word about it," Carl replied.

"Not a word to Green," I muttered, quietly but loud enough for them to hear.

Sham approached me and along with Carl helped me up onto my feet. Carl adjusted his upper body to accommodate my weight, especially how I wasn't willing to get up in the first place. As they did so, my chest felt heavy again, recalling the time I had carried Lyra on my back.

"Sir, what is your next command? To destroy or rebuild this organization, or to further seek out your revenge; we will follow you wherever you go," Sham asked.

"Why are you guys following me in the first place?"

I had asked the question that left me skeptical of their intentions. They had begged for their lives but I don't think that's the reason. For some reason, I felt like there's a different motive. Both of them chose not to speak for a bit, but Sham managed to get an answer out first.

"We remember you, sir, and Miss Green. The two of us—Carl and I—were also victims of the Masked Man."

It's him again; the Masked Man. They had to mention him, yet I can't remember those two.

"We had a feeling you didn't remember us so we stayed silent. Our unit follows us simply because I'm the leader, but for us—"

"You treated us well, while we were captives. Both you and Green were so determined to escape around four years ago that it inspired us. Back then, we were merely puppets of the Masked Man, with no purpose but to obey. We didn't know where to go after the events of two years ago," Sham explained over Carl.

I couldn't remember; they were right about that. Though I didn't care, it felt like I was missing a piece of key information. It's killing my head.

"Give me your honest opinion; if I told you I wanted to rebuild Team Rocket as an act of vengeance, would you and the others still follow me?"

They looked visibly shocked but turned stern.

"Whether your decisions fall in the dark or light, Carl and I will surely follow you," Sham replied, placing her fist over her heart.

"That's right; we also have a little vendetta against Team Rocket ourselves," Carl added.

"Sounds good to me," another voice spoke from behind us.

Carl released me, as I was able to stand. I turned around and noticed Green arrive, along with the other eight grunts under Carl's leadership. She passed a nod of approval towards my direction.

"I heard the commotion outside. Such a lovely sight to behold," she noted, leaning against the panel next to the broken one.

"Boss, we have secured the other executives. What would our next orders be?" one of the grunts informed me.

I heard Green tsked afterward. "You know, it was rude of them to not listen to me. I wanted to kill them in a way like how Archer was killed."

"Listen up, Squad. Boss Silver has decided to reform Team Rocket to initiate his revenge against the world. We will follow his ideals to a new era. Those who wish to not pursue his wishes should step forward now," Carl proclaimed.

No one took a step forward.

"You guys will be known as Unit 47, a personal squad under only me. The rest of the new grunts that might join us will be under the commands of Green and myself. Are they any objections?" I explained.

"I don't mind, Silver, but you don't seem to trust me," Green noted.

"I will say it one more time; I can do whatever I want. You need my help too, don't you?" I countered.

She let out an amused sigh. "Of course I do."

I shrugged her comment off and turned back to my squadron. "You guys will do what Green says for now. There's a place I need to go. Green, I'll meet you back at Ecruteak City."

Green walked in front of me and stood beside Sham.

"Got it. Don't be late now~"

~~♛~~

As the crowd grew larger, Ethan couldn't turn away from the sight of Archer's corpse on the ground. It made him sick to stare at, but he had a feeling about how it came to be. He glanced up and noticed Team Rocket grunts on one of the floors, their backs facing him.

However, he caught a glimpse of Silver's hair, immediately identifying it as Silver's without a moment of hesitation. Ethan wanted to storm the building to confront him. However, Lance realized Ethan's intentions and placed his hand on Ethan's shoulder.

"Morty informed me that the Barrier Station to Bell Tower was invaded, with the monks heavily wounded. This manipulator is influencing Silver more than we feared. We can't rush into things," he informed Ethan.

The latter couldn't bear to hear it. After all, he and Silver had a history together, two years ago at least. Ethan couldn't throw away his friends like that, especially how his childhood friend Lyra was so fond of him.

"Morty also told me Lyra's going to be in a sleeping stasis for a while, so we can't reveal Lyra's locations to him," Lance added.

"But why!? This could solve everything—"

"Shh!" Lance hastily hushed, placing his hand over Ethan's mouth, glancing around to see if people were listening.

He grabbed Ethan's arm and took him to the Tunnel.

"If this manipulator finds Lyra, he or she will do worse things than what's happening now, especially when Lyra's in her current stasis. In the end, they will both get hurt. A human life is being involved, so police would be more cautious which will give this manipulator more opportunities," Lance explained further.

Ethan was frustrated to know he couldn't do much to save them both. He clenched his fists beside him. However, Ethan trusted Lance to know what he's doing.

"Who is this person anyway? Why are they here?" Ethan muttered.

"Morty said they call themselves 'Evolver' and that it was a female. She looks like a woman who lives in Pallet Town. She and Silver had a history together," Lance answered.

"I want to hear the truth from Silver himself," Ethan declared.

Lance sighed in response, knowing that he couldn't stop this trainer any further. Despite that, he too is worried about Lyra's well-being. After all, Lance believed Lyra had a lot of potential in growing as a trainer.

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

Ethan rushed through the Goldenrod Tunnel, hastily trying to find the path to get into the Radio Tower. He thought that he could stop Silver from doing any more bad things if he could pursue him somehow. After having seen Archer's body, Ethan knew it's a must to stop Silver.

As he continued through the halls, he noticed someone approaching his direction; Silver.

"Silver!" Ethan called out, sprinting and stopping in front of him.

Because of this, Silver was forced to stop as well, as Ethan had hastily taken out Typhlosion to help block Silver's path. Despite Feraligatr standing by his side, Silver didn't want to fight at the moment. He wanted to do one more thing before meeting up with Green.

"Silver, that's enough. I know you're not this type of person. Please stop this; Lyra—"

"This is where you need to stop," Silver interrupted.

Ethan stared at him with shock, to notice Silver's guilty expression, one filled with pain and sadness, mixed with fury and anger.

"I don't need to hear any more lies from you," he responded, brushing past Ethan and Typhlosion.

Instinctively, Ethan tried to grab Silver's arm, only for it to be swatted away by Feraligatr's hand. Ethan stared at the Water-Type Pokémon in shock. To know that this was the Pokémon that Professor Elm nurtured at his lab, waiting for a trainer to select it, had turned out like this.

However, Ethan refused to believe what was happening.

"What lies, Silver? What have they told you? They are the ones lying!" he exclaimed.

"No!" Silver screamed, turning around with tears forming in his eyes. Ethan was startled at the sight, as Silver realized what was happening and hastily wiped his eyes with his sleeves.

Sneasel, who came out of his Pokéball from his will alone, grabbed the handkerchief hidden in Silver's pockets and helped him wipe away the tears.

"Stop lying to me... Lyra's dead... you hear me!"

Silver brought out Togekiss's Pokéball, staring immensely at it, before gripping onto it tightly. Ethan had recognized the Pokéball and was shocked that Silver gained possession of it. If Silver wasn't his friend, he would've beaten him up for it.

"I'm going to create a new Team Rocket. Lyra... Her death will not be in vein—I will avenge her. I will punish all Team Rocket members, even if it means I have to manipulate or destroy them internally. I'm warning you Ethan—or I guess it's Gold, huh... I think I remember calling you that."

Ethan refused to say a word, sucking his head towards the floor.

"You were my friend, and you're also Lyra's... I'll give mercy for now. Don't ever cross paths with me again..."

After hearing Silver's conclusion, Ethan didn't stop him from running away. Guilt crossed his mind. It intensified as Ethan knew how much he had wanted to tell Silver the truth, only to be stopped with Lance's warning, of how Lyra will be hurt once again the moment Silver realizes, not by Silver's hands but Evolver's.

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

Silver had stopped by the flower shop, the same one they went to after defeating Whitney. Nobody on the streets recognized him, so he easily made it without much effort. When he entered the shop, the woman was about to greet him, only to recognize him immediately.

Silver asked for the pink flowers, the ones Lyra was very fond of; Gracedea flowers.

'I'm sorry, Lyra. If I had known this would happen, I would've taken you to Sinnoh sooner, just to see you smile like an idiot again,' he thought.

Silver decided to make a grave for Lyra in Sinnoh, in a garden full of Gracidea Flowers. She was so fond of them, so the least he could do is to put a remembrance of her in a place where she would always remember. If only he had her body to bury her...

With a sigh, he thanked the storekeeper before exiting.

The storekeeper stared at the door in shock, wondering if it was the same Silver as the one who had been in the shop the first time. She knew with Silver's personality he would never thank anyone. However, she decided to ignore it, staring out the window to walk Silver walk away, with his eyes glistening in tears.

~~♛~~

Once again, another long chapter--*Just a reminder that it's a fanfiction and that not everything is officially canon, with some being purely fanmade*

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 49 16
Silver, son of the leader of team rocket, had grown up to be just as cold and serious as he always was, if not more than before. He and his feraligat...
1.1K 15 44
"Fear is just resisting ambition." 10 Years after a young trainer defeated the MissingNo Invasion, that trainer still held their Champion title. Gold...
24.3K 825 30
Silver never expected himself to fall in love with her. It was completely unplanned. Even though he was able to acknowledge his own feelings, he woul...
9.4K 466 14
𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓰�...