Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 55

241 15 5
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc.)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1673

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Miki was strong indeed, but Bayleef was able to hold on her own, though the damage marks on her body says otherwise. Exchanger patted my back once I had collapsed onto my knees after the fight. I heard Zuki's comment that it's maybe because I am coming to accept that I have to battle Silver.

A part of me was, but it was too real to believe.

"Let's take Bayleef to the Pokémon Center," Exchanger offered.

I nodded, taking his hand that was extended towards me. When I turned to Bayleef, I noticed a Feraligatr—Exchanger's Feraligatr—helping Bayleef to her feet. It was still a surprise Silver and Exchanger were the same person, with the same appearance, with similar Pokémon, with different personalities.

"Don't worry about that," I heard Sayo inform us. When we turned towards her, we saw Nurse Joy and her Chansey entering the theatre, with Nurse Joy holding a box of first aid. She smiled at us before walking up the stage to check on Bayleef and Jolteon.

"Lyra, we would like to talk to you and... Exchanger, right?"

Exchanger nodded and Sayo took both of us to the side of the theatre where she gave me a small bell with a small string attached to it.

"This is a Tidal Bell. Ringing it once, along with our special dance, in a very specific place will summon Lugia from the depth of the waterfall basin," Sayo informed me.

"There is a place called the Whirl Islands where Lugia will very most likely rest. We shall lend our assistance in helping you summon Lugia. However, I wish to tell you something regarding S, the woman who brought us the Egg," Miki added.

"So S is a woman—you're confirming this, right?" Exchanger questioned.

Naoko nodded for the rest of her sisters and herself. "Though she wore a mask to disguise her voice, her figure was no mystery to the common eye."

"However... S is no longer here... physically," Kuni concluded.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Sayo stepped forward in front of Kuni. "Yes, the woman was wearing a cloak, but it couldn't hide the sliver sight of her hands trying to cover her body. It was... transparent, you could say."

"So... S is gone?" I clarified.

Miki nodded. "Yes, we were the last people she came to when she cried to us for help. We couldn't deny a dying woman's request, especially when Ho-oh is being involved. Her request was... for you to commence the Trial of Lugia."

"The Trial of Lugia?" I questioned.

Miki went on and explained that the Trial of Lugia is an opportunity for me to be one with Lugia spiritually. She further explained how it will help me understand Lugia and how its powers worked, to the point of even controlling to, but it was also a way for me to meet S before she completely fades away. Lugia had heard the calls of S and agreed to let her spirit sleep in its chambers.

I was still surprised S continued fighting to stay alive at this time—not that I'm complaining.

"The only consequence is that it does take its time to complete the trial; it could be days, months, possibly years..."

Exchanger immediately pushed me behind him. I was startled by his actions, but I couldn't mistake the worry and anger in his eyes. His body slowly trembled.

"Do you think we have the time to do that? We're summoning Lugia to stop me from destroying everything!" he exclaimed.

"Exchanger... calm down," I tried to reason with him.

"On some occasions, time can solve things. This is no exception. Right now, Silver is not a threat, and also don't forget this is S's request. Lyra, don't you want to know the true reason why you and Silver were caught in this situation? This is your one opportunity to learn what's going on," Zuki informed me.

It was clear that S and Exchanger were not from the same universe—this is just confirming the facts. This means that if I asked Exchanger about it, he would still not have the answers I seek. I had always wanted to know the answer to my question.

Why did this all happen? What's the purpose of all this? What did S want?

Who is S?

They were getting more mysterious as time goes by. My curiosity kept getting the better of me and I didn't want it to expand any further. If I ask S all the questions I had in my head, then perhaps I can live in peace.

"Lyra, we will meet you at the Whirl Islands. Whether you choose to commence the Trial of Lugia or not is up to you. Do not worry; we will not force you to. This time, you get to choose. We, the Kimono Girls, would support whatever decision you make," Sayo declared, leaving the theatre with her sisters, with Jolteon sprinting to catch up with them.

Nurse Joy approached us afterward. "Your Bayleef is in good health now."

Thank you so much," I responded.

"Don't worry about the conversation. Yes, I did hear every word, but I will not spill any details to anyone. If anything happens, I want to let you know that if you ever need help, I will support you however way I can," Nurse Joy reassured, with Chansey agreeing with her from behind.

I bowed and thanked her once again, before exiting the theatre with Exchanger.

Before I was about to ask for direction, Exchanger turned me around to face him.

"Are you going to go through with this?"

I had thought about what Zuki said. To be honest, I was hesitant; was I ready to hear the truth? However, being a coward will get me nowhere.

I nodded, answering Exchanger's question.

"Lyra... what if you sleep for years—what if you never wake up again!? If that happens, I'll—"

I knew what Exchanger was thinking: he was afraid of losing me. Knowing this, I ran up to his and wrapped my arms around his waist. The way his body stiffened and trembled lightly, I could tell he was really scared of losing me... again.

But I wondered if I was pitying him because of his resemblance to Silver. If that was the case, I was no more than a bad, selfish person. However, I knew Exchanger and Silver were different people, even though they're technically the same.

"Exchanger—no, Silver... Don't worry, I'll come back; I promise," I reassured him.

I spoke his name for him to know my sincerity, that I never saw him as something that would be the end of me, of someone manipulating me with strings to perform a play.

"I want to know everything, and I believe that it's for the best for me to know everything. Maybe... if I knew the entire truth, I would be able to truly understand Silver, even if it's just a fraction of his past. I can't keep hiding in the dark like this. I can't let you and Silver continue protecting me, knowing that I'm capable of defending myself..."

With a breath, I said what was in my mind. I didn't know if Exchanger could process everything, but I hoped he was able to understand what I'm feeling. After a few minutes, I realized we would be wasting more time standing here.

I gently released my arms around his waist and took a step back.

"Let's go, Silver... Togekiss—and the others... are waiting for us."

I went on ahead, through Route 38 and Route 39. When I glanced over my shoulder, I noticed Exchanger following behind me. I felt a sense of relief wash through me, along with the small bumps from Bayleef and Marill.

We arrived at Olivine City. If I remember correctly, the Whirl Islands should be near Olivine City and Cianwood City. Exchanger helped me find the direction of the islands, despite the reluctance I'm noticing when he pointed out where it was located.

As I approached the beach, I realized I didn't have the Pokémon to help me across the water. I was about to ask Exchanger for help until I heard my name being called by something above me. When I glanced up, my eyes widened.

"Lyra!"

I noticed Morty on a Pokémon called Pidgeot, which was a Pokémon I didn't expect him to have. When the Pokémon landed on the floor, I noticed Morty holding my bag in his hands. My instincts caused me to run up and hug him out of relief.

"Thank you..." I muttered.

I felt Morty separate us and present a smile of gratitude. He handed me my bag and I immediately searched my bag for my Pokémon. However, I couldn't find Togekiss's Pokéball, which left me skeptical and worried. I glanced up at Morty, demanding answers.

He didn't say anything, simply motioning me to turn around. When I did so, I noticed a woman standing beside an Alakazam. Her hair was brown, blue eyes...—wait, is she...

"Green..." Exchanger whispered.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 164 41
A Silver x Reader Story Sometimes good people do bad things. Who's to say they can't turn things around and make up for things of the past. F...
446 63 7
"I thought I had no 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼... Now I realize 𝓘 𝓭𝓸." This was it - you were entering Giovanni's office, prepared to the the evil organ...
9.4K 466 14
𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓰�...
139K 7K 34
When you woke up, you didn't know what happened. You don't know how you got to the hospital. And you especially don't know the people who are aroun...