Secrets of the Island (Sequel...

By Sarah_Renai

Things have changed since the recent Full Moon. On top of Zac discovering he is a real merman, and the mermai... More

Chapter 1: A New Man (Moia's Curse)
Chapter 3: First Date
Chapter 4: The Merman Code
Chapter 5: The Siren
Chapter 6: Surprise!
Chapter 7: The Job
Chapter 8: New Orders
Chapter 9: The Last Dance
Chapter 10: Stay or Go
Chapter 11: The Truth About Evie (and others)
Chapter 12: The Trident Stone
Chapter 13: The Chosen One

Chapter 2: Be Careful What You Wish For

590 12 0
By Sarah_Renai

I was in the Grotto with Ondina, just hanging out. Sirena and Mimmi were out doing something, but we decided to stay. I decided to look through some stuff when Sirena and Mimmi entered.

"Hey, there they are," I say, before noticing the concerned looks on their faces. "What's up?"

"Just suppose someone from our pod-" Sirena starts.

"Well not our pod exactly, but another mermaid." Mimmi adds.

"And this mermaid was practicing magic."

"Which mermaid?" Ondina asks.

"It doesn't matter." Sirena responds, "just say they were practicing with Moon Pool water."

"And someone else touched it." Mimmi adds.

"Another mermaid?" I ask.

"Not exactly," Mimmi answers.

"Who else would be in the Moon Pool?" Ondina asks.

"Just say this wasn't happening in the Moon Pool," Sirena says.

"Just say you tell us what this is all about."

"We were teaching Evie to manipulate Moon Pool water."

"By the canal." Mimmi adds.

"Where people could see?" I ask, "Why?"

"It was a beautiful day?" Sirena says, though she seemed unsure.

"We'll come back to that," Ondina says, "So... Evie touched the Moon Pool Water."

"No, Cam did."

"Cam?" I say, "why did you let him touch it?"

"It was an accident!" Sirena defends, "We couldn't stop him!"

"He seemed all right though," Mimmi adds, "as far as we could tell."

"It couldn't hurt him, could it?"

"How would we know?" Ondina asks, "it's Moon Pool water, and he's a land boy."

"We don't know what it could do to him." I add.

~Jasper's POV~

I was meeting up with Erik to go to our next class when Zac came over.

"We might have a problem," he says, "Cam has powers."

"What?" Erik asks, "How?"

"Evie and the girls were playing with Moon Pool water, and he touched it."

"He doesn't have a tail, does he?" I ask as we started walking, Evie joining us.

"No." Zac answers, "But he can bend water like any of us. Maybe he's got other powers, too."

"Well, then we'd better make sure he keeps it to himself." Erik says.

"I know Cam." Zac tells us, "He can't resist showing off. And he's wanted powers for ages."

"I feel horrible about this." Evie says, "It's my fault he touched the Moon Pool water."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Zac assures her, "okay, I'm meeting up with him now. I'm gonna make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." He then starts to head off.

"Where are you going?" Erik asks.

"To the swimming pool." Zac answers.

"Not on your own you're not." I say, and the three of us make our way over there and find Cam in a swimsuit doing stretches.

"You can't do this." Zac says, "You don't know what's going to happen."

"Nothing's gonna happen." Cam says before calling over the coach, who came over to test him before formally trying for the swim team.

At the sound of the whistle, Cam dove into the pool and swam the test much faster than he normally does. The coach was super excited with Cam's performance and left while Cam pulled himself out of the pool and Erik threw him a towel.

"Did you see me?" Cam asks excitedly, "This is the best day of my life!"

"Cam, you can't be on the swim team." Zac says.

"With a time like that, I think it's a done deal."

"It's not you, it's the Moon Pool water." I say.

"It's a total giveaway." Erik adds.

"I'll be careful." Cam says.

"You don't think swimming like a world champion is gonna get you noticed?" Zac asks, "People are gonna start asking questions."

"And that'll lead straight back to us." I add.

"Stop stressing." Cam says, "I bet you no one even noticed."

That's when the girl's swim team captain came over and told Cam how great he was, and asked him if he wanted to hang out with her at the Cafe later.

"No one else will notice, huh?" Erik asks when she walks away.

~Back With the Girls, Manoa's POV~

Evie had come over later today and told us what had happened with Cam at land school.

"Cam with powers?" Ondina says, slightly sarcastic, "This just gets better and better."

"At least he doesn't have a tail," Sirena says.

"Not yet." I add.

"What are we gonna do about him?" Mimmi asks.

"Cam won't give up his powers willingly." Evie says.

"Who says we're giving him a choice?" Ondina asks with her 'I think I have a plan' look on her face.

She then told the four of us her plan as we headed to the Cafe. We were going to try and steam the Moon Pool water out of him. When we got there, we sat at a table close to him and another girl, and Ondina used her powers on him. A moment later, he looked over at us and exited the Cafe, and we followed him.

"Whatever you're doing to me, just stop it." he tells us.

"We're trying to steam the Moon Pool water out of you." Ondina explains.

"You're not meant to have powers," Mimmi adds, "you have to let us remove them."

"Not gonna happen." he says.

"It's not a request." I tell him.

"You guys seem a bit upset," he says as he raises his hand, where we turn to see a large wave of water. "I think you need to cool off."

He then dropped the water on us, and we all transformed. "Have a nice day." he adds before walking off.

~Back to Jasper~

It was the day of the tryouts. Zac, Evie, Erik and I headed over to the pool where we found Cam.

"Guess what?" he says, "Coach Norris called in a scout just to see me." We didn't respond, so he continued. "Oh, I know what you're gonna say, and you're wasting your breath."

"No, actually, I understand why you're doing this." Zac says, "It's a big deal. You want to enjoy your moment in the spotlight."

"Even though it'll put us all at risk." Erik adds.

"Even though we're your oldest friends who we trust with our deepest secret." Evie adds as well.

"Who needs friendship when you have glory, right?" I add.

"Nice try. No sale. I'm still swimming." Cam says, putting a hand on Zac's shoulder and walking away.

"What to we do now?" Zac asks us.

"The girls are trying to figure out how to fix it." Evie says.

"Well, they don't have much time." I add.

We moved over to watch when Cam walked off, Zac and Evie following. When they came back, Ondina and Manoa were with them.

"What's going on?" Erik asks.

"The Moon Pool Water has become unstable." Manoa says, "Mimmi and Sirena are working on how to undo it."

"They better hurry," I tell her. "Looks like Cam won't be able to stall any longer."

We saw Cam talking with the coach before all the swimmers lined up for the tryouts. Cam tried to disqualify himself with a false start, but it didn't seem to work. Suddenly, Mimmi and Sirena showed up and Cam, Ondina, and Manoa ran off with them. When they came back, Sirena told us that she and Mimmi freezed the Moon Pool water out of him. We then watched the swim trials, where Cam finished last.

"Whatever you did, it seems to have worked." Ondina says as we made our way over to Cam.

"Back to plain old Cam." he says.

"Just the way we like you." Zac adds.

~At the Cafe~

Ondina, Erik, Manoa, and I were hanging out when Sirena and Mimmi showed up.

"Where have you been?" Ondina asks.

"We took the Moon Pool water back to the Moon Pool." Mimmi says.

"We do not want anymore land people getting powers," Sirena adds.

"That freezing idea was clever." Manoa says.

"It was alI could think of," Mimmi responds.

"Look on the bright side." Sirena says.

"There's a bright side?" Ondina asks.

"If it ever happens again, we'll know exactly what to do."

"But let's make sure it doesn't happen again." Manoa says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737 14 11
This is a spin off to h2o and mako mermaids. This is my own story, it's going to be similar. Just keep in mind that it is not a real tv show. Though...
1.4K 43 23
Water dragons aren't real right? Theyre just people trapped in spells. Except, that's not exactly true. Water dragons have stayed hidden for years, B...
4.3K 88 13
*RECOMMENDED TO READ MY SEASON 4 STORY BEFORE STARTING THIS ONE* Nash finds his way back to the Gold Coast, to see things has stayed the same: He's b...
16.3K 296 14
Manoa Lai is an aqua-tailed mermaid that has lived with the Mako pod her whole life, but has always felt like there was something else out there for...