Somebody To Love (Ben Hardy!R...

By Staceeeeers

Rebecca Jackson's life is boring. She goes to work, comes home and that's pretty much it. Until she meets M... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight**
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one**
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy seven.five**
seventy eight
seventy nine**
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety eight.five
ninety nine**
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five**
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
PSA
500k celebration
Bonus update

twenty seven

13.3K 433 774
By Staceeeeers

The band were in Cheltenham and they'd just played one of their best sets so far and when they'd come off stage, Roger, who was still high on the adrenaline running through him, leapt up onto John's back, letting him carry him down the corridors to the dressing room, where he was dropped and he eagerly went for a beer that was set up on a table; popping it open before making for the phone that was on the wall just outside the room.

Brian gave him a pat on the back as he walked by, silently congratulating him on a great how and he grinned as he dialled Becca's number, waiting patiently for her to pick up.

Tomorrow. He'd see her tomorrow.

It took her a while to answer, which made him frown and look down the corridor to the clock that was on the wall. It had just gone nine thirty so surely she wasn't already in her bed.

"Hello?" she sounded tired.

"Hey, love."

"Roger," she yawned, "Hi."

"Were you in bed?" he asked, suddenly feeling guilty.

"No," she said clearing her throat, "Just taking a little nap on the couch."

"A nap? What're you needing a nap for? Got someone else there to tire you out?"

"Oh, yeah." she giggled, making him grin, "He's just left actually. Before you rang."

"What's got you so tired?"

He heard her moving around, probably trying to get comfortable again, "Just work. It's really killing me just now. So much to be done and not enough people to do it."

"Aw, Bex." he cooed, "Don't worry. You've got a short shift tomorrow and then you're off for the weekend."

There was no answer.

"Becca? Have you fallen asleep?"

"No..." she replied timidly and he felt the smile slip from his face.

He didn't like how quiet she'd gotten.

"Rebecca, you are off this weekend, right?" he didn't know why he was even asking. He already knew the answer.

"Rog..."

"Three weeks," he said, tightening his grip on both the phone and the bottle he was holding, "It's been three weeks since I've seen you."

"I know," she whispered, "But-"

"But what?" he asked, "Do you even want to come see me?"

"Of course I do!" she replied and he could hear the crack in her voice, "How could you even ask me that?"

"What is it this time, hm? What does Linda need you for this time?"

"She forgot tha-"

"Forgot?" he interrupted, "Please don't tell me you actually believe that, Becca. She's taking advantage of you because she knows that you'll do anything to help her. That you won't say no or fight her on her decision."

Last weekend, there was a huge sale on that Linda needed her for and the week before that, someone was out sick. And Rebecca didn't know how to say no to the woman but Roger'd had enough.

"She needs me to help, Roger." Rebecca sniffed, "I can't just abandon the shop."

"What about me?" he whispered, "I need you too, Rebecca. I miss you. I..."

"Come on, Roger!" Deaky called, slapping him on the back, "We're heading out now. Gotta be in Glasgow for tomorrow morning. And get this, we're staying in an actual hotel."

"Right," he nodded, waiting until he'd disappeared around the corner before speaking down the phone, "I've got to go."

"Roger," Rebecca tried but he stopped her.

"Forget about it. You heard Deaky, right? I'll ring when we get to Glasgow."

||-||

Back in London, Rebecca stared at the phone, taking a deep breath before putting it down.

She and Roger never fought. It was something they took pride in. Of course, there were the little things like Roger leaving the toilet seat up or she'd use the last of the milk and forget to tell him but they'd never had a proper argument.

If you could even call what had just happened an argument.

She understood his frustration. She was just as annoyed at the fact that her manager didn't want to give her time off - despite her saying that she was going to.

"Three weeks is a long time, Tiff." she sighed, looking down at the cat who she had in fact brought from Freddie and Mary's place just so she had a little bit of company.

She had asked first of course.

But she was also upset with Roger. How could he think that she didn't want to see him? She would give anything to be there with him instead of being stuck here.

She missed him more than she'd like to admit.

"What do I do, Tiff?" she asked, looking down at the cat as she leapt up onto her lap and curled up to sleep. "Yeah," she whispered, "Maybe going to bed is a good idea."

||-||

Roger was drunk.

The bus they were travelling on might not be the most lavish but there was a mini-fridge full of beer on it and somehow, he'd managed to go through at least a quarter of it on his own.

They'd also acquired a new passenger; a pretty brunette who had taken a shine at the show and wanting to have the full rock'n'roll band experience, Freddie took it upon himself to invite her along for the next gig.

She may have taken a shine to the guitarist, who had smiled and winked at her while he was on stage but her attention was now solely on the drummer, who was sprawled out across the back seat of the bus since Brian was too invested in a game of scrabble with John and Hannah, not paying attention to her anymore, she decided to go talk to him instead.

He'd give her the attention she wanted.

"Hi," she greeted, perching on the seat beside him as she held out her hand, "I'm Annette."

"Roger," he mumbled, ignoring her attempt at pleasantries.

"I know," she nodded, "I'm a big fan. I've actually followed you guys since I seen the Corn Exchange."

"Cambridge?"

She nodded.

"So you're a groupie?" he asked bluntly and she laughed.

"I guess you could call me that, yes."

Annette was nice. As they drank, she told Roger about how she had been brought up by her grandparents.

He wasn't really caring but it was nice to have someone talking to fill the silence - otherwise, he'd just be thinking about Rebecca.

"Roger? Are you even listening?"

He turned to look at her, unaware of how close to him she now was.

"You've got something on your face," she said softly, hand raising as if she was going to touch his cheek but he pulled back and so she settled with putting her hand on his chest, fingers toying with the numerous necklaes he had on.

Only Rebecca got to do that.

"These are interesting," Annette tried again, scooting closer once more to get a better look but Roger pulled away again.

He knew what she was doing.

"I have a girlfriend!" he announced loudly, catching the attention of Hannah, who had given up on trying to beat with the guys and she watched him go into his back pocket to grab his wallet.

Roger thumbed through his numerous receipts until he found what he was looking for; the folded up picture of Rebecca he took of her the night before he left.

"That's her!" he said proudly, practically shoving it in the woman's face, "That's my Rebecca."

The brunette silently handed it back and he looked down at it, unable to stop the fond smile that crept onto his face.

He'd taken it when she'd fallen asleep. She didn't know that he had it.

"Most beautiful woman in the world she is."

Hannah was still watching, nudging Mary with her foot when she saw that Annette, despite now knowing that he had a girlfriend, was still trying to make advances on him but Roger, bless him, was having none of it.

"John?" she murmured, leaning her head on his shoulder, "Are there any places coming up that we can stop at?"

"There's services just across the border," Brian answered, "Why?"

Mary nodded in the direction of thier drummer, "We need to drop someone off."

||-||

not too sure about this one. kinda like it, kinda don't

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 82 33
Y/n And Roger ~ 1973 - 1975 October 2021 A Crazy Hetic Life Of Queen And Other Events
3.6K 100 16
This is a story for the love of my life, Roger Meddows Taylor. You should know who he is. If not, he's Queen's drummer. I've always had this feeling...
8.8K 207 21
You just moved to London to study, and you find a band on a local pub. The encounter doesn't go the way you expect it, and neither does what follows...
83.9K 1.7K 40
Getting a job managing with John Reid is a dream come true for Elizabeth. When she's assigned a new group, an up-and-coming band Queen, she thinks it...