Old Me

By warriorpwr

Beatrice has just graduated college and returned home to help at her family business: a tattoo shop. She isn'... More

Author's Note
Main Characters
Language Key
1 - Not My Type
2 - The Meet Cute
3 - Sleepover
4 - The Set Up
5 - Flirting?
6 - The Date Part 1
7 - The Date Part 2
8 - The Date Part 3
9 - Meet The Fam
10 - The Interrogation
11 - Party Preparations
12 - Sharing Secrets
13 - Can't Relate
14 - First Dance
15 - Second Date
16 - Coronado
17 - Don't Tell
19 - Dinner
20 - Netflix & Chill
21 - Closer
22 - Band Practice
23 - ER
24 - Cool Scar
25 - Results
26 - Past Is Apparent
27 - His Fault
28 - You're cute
29 - Betrayal
30 - Apologize
31 - Cuddle weather
32 - Lights Out
33 - Secrets
34 - Stay
35 - Exclusive
36 - Spill
37 - Official
38 - Goodnight
39 - Out of My Limit
40 - Room for Jesus
41 - Love
42 - Consequences
43 - Fair
44 - Salt and Sun
45 - Road Trippin'
46 - My Lips Are Sealed
47 - Don't Stop
48 - Can I Join?
49 - Fireworks
50 - Desperate
51 - Girls Talk Boys
52 - Empty House
53 - Love Bites
54 - Five Years Free
55 - Cold Feet
56 - Just Say It
57 - Ready
58 - Better Man
59 - Old Me
60 - Dirty Laundry
61 - Everything I Didn't Say
62 - Before I Met You
63 - Can't Help It
64 - I.F.L.Y.
65 - Mine
66 - Back to You
67 - She's Kinda Hot
68 - All the Small Things
69 - The Best Years
70 - Epilogue
Mikey POV Ch 1
Mikey POV Ch 4
Mikey POV Ch 7/16/17
Mikey's POV Ch 21
Mikey's POV Ch 60

18 - ReDo

64 0 0
By warriorpwr

I woke up to several texts from Mikey and I couldn't help but think about our kiss. I cringed at the fact that our first kiss happened while I was probably really sweaty and I hit him in the forehead with my hat. I guess he didn't mind as he had confessed how much he liked me.

(Michael): I hope you're sleeping well.

(Michael): I'm excited to see you later.

(Michael): Text me when you're up and I'll give you a call.

I liked that he wasn't afraid to send me multiple texts, and he wasn't into playing games. I typed out 'good morning' with the sun emoji and sent it.

Last night, after asking me how I was feeling, we decided on a movie night in. Which I honestly was super excited about, except for the part where it was going to be at his house. He had clarified that we could do it at mine if I wasn't comfortable with going to his house and that he wasn't trying to pull any moves.

I agreed to go, I wasn't nervous that he was going to do anything, just that if we decided to, I'd have to tell him that I was a virgin. Which is a little embarrassing considering my age. And he seems like the type to definitely had some sexual experiences. I didn't want to do anything wrong or stupid because of my lack of experience. Not that I was planning to have sex with him or anything, the topic might come up though.

I climbed out of bed to get ready for work. Michael was working the day shift as well and was going to pick me up when he got off. I offered to drive, but since it's a little ways away from my house, he didn't want me to have to drive home if we stayed up late. I didn't mind anyway, because I don't like driving at night.

After showering and getting dressed, I went downstairs to eat something. Cat was already dressed and playing in the living room with some Barbies.

"Morning," I greeted, pulling out some yogurt from the fridge.

"Hi," she replied distractedly.

"How was your playdate yesterday?"

"Amazing! Wanna see the slime I made?" She got up before I could answer and raced upstairs.

I smiled at her innocence and decided to eat my yogurt and granola outside. The warm sun felt nice on my bare arms and I closed my eyes to soak in the moment.

The moment didn't last long, as Cat barrelled outside and shoved a container of her homemade slime into my face.

"That's cool, Cat. What's in it?"

"Glitter, duh," she said smartly.

"Of course there is."

My mom joined us outside and she kissed my head in greeting.

"How'd you sleep, stellina?"

"Pretty good," I said between chews.

"Good, good," she pulled out the chair next to mine and took a seat.

"So, how was your date? You were asleep when I got home last night, so I didn't get any details."

I paused and tried to collect my thoughts for an answer that wouldn't warrant too many questions.

"It was good. Good enough that we're going on another date tonight."

"Oh, really? That good, eh? So, you really like this boy?" She stared at me waiting for an answer while I finished the last of my breakfast.

"Yeah," I smiled remembering our confession to each other, "I really do like him."

"You're being smart right?"

Of course, she had to pull the concerned mom card and make the conversation about safety.

"Yes mom, I'm being smart."

"So where's this date tonight?"

"Um..." I paused contemplating how she would react when I told her, "Michael's house."

"Michael's house?" Her eyebrows shot up and she pursed her lips.

"But, don't worry. It's not like that," I promised. "We're just going to watch a movie and order in some takeout."

"Mhhm, sure," she said rolling her eyes, "I know what kids are up to these days. It isn't much different than when I was young."

"Mom, we're not having sex. I'd tell you if we were," I said looking into her eyes so she'd know I wasn't lying.

"Okay, okay. Give me his address just in case."

"Okay, I will."

She nodded and grabbed Cat into a bear hug that filled the air with giggles and squeals. I loved my mom and how she made it easy to talk to her. I almost felt bad about not telling her what happened yesterday, but the fact that she would have been freaking out if I had made me not regret my decision. She didn't need to worry over nothing, she's been through enough.

---

Work went by slowly, probably because I was so eager to get out of there so I could prepare for my date. Of course, Si had told Ale about our kiss, even though when I called her last night I told her not to because Ale gets really protective.

He spent most of the day prying for details and preparing me for this evening. He was really concerned that I was going to Michael's house alone, but I assured him that I would call him if I needed anything. And my location services would be on. He really wanted to go to my house so he could intimidate Michael when he picked me up, but I had to remind him that he isn't very scary.

When I finally got home I Facetimed Lucia to help me with an outfit.

"Hey Luch! So, any advice...what do I wear to a movie night?"

"Um..., "she paused for a moment, "Okay well definitely something comfortable, but also something cute. Please no sweatpants!"

"Okay, so does that mean leggings are a no?"

"As long as they aren't ratty it should be okay. Oh! Wear that cute cardigan you got for your birthday! You know, the chunky knit one."

"Oh, yeah okay. I'll just wear a camisole underneath and my Adidas?"

"Yeah, that's cute. Put it on so I can see it," she instructed.

I set the phone down on my bed and rummaged through my dresser for a good pair of black leggings. I slipped them on with a camisole and went to my closet for the cardigan.

"Hey, so spill the beans. I heard you guys kissed."

"Seriously? Does the whole family know?" I exclaimed with annoyance.

"Don't be dramatic. Now spill!"

"What do you want me to say, give you a play by play about how our eyes met and lips locked--"

"No, no, no. I mean like did you initiate it? Was it awkward? Cute?"

"Okay, honestly it was so cringe. I was sweaty...from riding bikes...and I was wearing a stupid hat so when I leaned in I hit his forehead...ugh...so embarrassing," my cheeks were burning with the memory.

"Okay, and?"

"And then he flipped my hat around backward and we kissed...and...then he said he liked me."

She squealed with excitement and I picked up the phone to show her my outfit telling her to calm down.

"So," I said flipping the camera so she could see my reflection in my floor-length mirror, "Is this okay?"

"Yes, I approve. What about your hair?"

"What about it?" I asked looking at my natural waves in the mirror.

"I dunno, do you have time to do anything with it?"

"Um," I checked the time, "not really, he's going to be here any minute."

"Okay, maybe just pull some of it out of your face."

"Okay," I set the phone down on the dresser and grabbed a couple of Bobby pins.

I pinned either side back and picked it up to show her.

"Okay?"

"Yes, perfect. Have fun babe. Text me!" She yelled as the doorbell rang.

"Okay, ciao. TVB."

"Ma the door! Per fa'," I yelled down the stairs as I quickly slipped into my shoes.

The alarm system beeped letting me know that she had opened the door and I spritzed some perfume on before turning off my light and heading downstairs.

"Hey," I greeted as my mom stepped aside.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yep," I turned to my mom and kissed her cheek goodbye.

"Have fun and be safe," she said, giving Michael a glare.

"Okay, mamma. TVB."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.2K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
255K 7.2K 24
Every good girl falls for the bad boy. That's like some unwritten rule that always seems to be respected. But what if he isn't a bad boy, just looks...
38.9K 816 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...