Uncertainty - Stiles Stilinsk...

By theresathanya

Amber's life turned upside down. One night changed everything. It all changed nine years ago. She eventually... More

Prologue
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
Epilogue

four

21.2K 425 94
By theresathanya

I told Stiles that I was at the power station. He asked why but I didn't give him an answer. He picked me up and drove back to where Scott was waiting for him. 

Apparently, Scott was at the hospital. He went to visit Derek after school, just like me. 

Scott told me that when he arrived at Derek's he smelled blood. I smelled it, too. But I thought that it was Derek's. Scott went into the morgue and smelled the exact same blood from the body so they counted one and one together and thought that Derek buried the other half of the body. I wasn't quite sure about that. Why would Derek bury another half of a body? He couldn't be the murderer. He was too "nice" ... well at least to me or let's say it's nice of him to help me. 

When we arrived at Derek's place it was already dark. Derek was still home so we had to wait around twenty minutes until he left. Stiles gave me one of the three shovels and we made our way to the side of his house.

"Something is different" Scott said. 

"Different? How?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know... Let's get this over with this."

Scott told us where Derek had buried the body and started digging. After a total of ninety minutes without any luck I threw the shovel away. "I'm not going to dig any further" I told them.

"And why?" Stiles questioned.

"I don't think that Derek buried the other half of the body. And I don't want to get involved" I groaned. "Well to late. Your finger prints are on the shovel. So help us!" Scott hissed. 

"What if he comes back?" I asked and lifted myself out of the hole. "Then we get the hell out of here" Stiles suggested.

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked.

"I have a plan for that."

"Which is?"

"You and Amber run one way. I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad" he said.

"I hate this plan" Scott groaned. "Yeah, same! Since Scott and I are both werewolves, he's going to follow us!" I stated. 

"That's why I run the other way" Stiles laughed.

As Stiles continued to dig, we all heard the sound of metal bumping against something. 

"Oh, stop, stop, stop!" Stiles said and put his shovel away. Both of them started to wipe the dirt away. Under the dirt was some kind of package. Stiles tried to untie it.

"Hurry" Scott said.

"I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing in like nine hundred knots?" He asked, rhetorical.

"I'll do it" I said and got back down. Stiles and Scott stood up. When I had all knots untied, I opened it and saw a wolf. Well half of it.

Scott and Stiles screamed and jumped out of the hole, while I stayed down here.

"What the hell is that?!" Stiles shouted. 

"It's a wolf" Scott replied.

"Yeah, I can see that. I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood" Stiles mentioned.

"I told you that he didn't bury the body" I stated.

"And I told you something was different" Scott reminded.

"This doesn't make sense" Stiles muttered.

"We gotta get out of here" Scott snapped. "Yeah. Okay, help me cover this up."

"What's wrong?" Scott asked me as he saw me looking to something on the ground. 

It was far away but still visible. It was small and purple and reminded me of the flowers my dad used in his office. 

"You see that flower?" I murmured and got out of the hole. "What about it?"

"I think it's wolfsbane." I mumbled.

"What's that?" He asked again.

"Uh- Haven't you ever seen the Wolf Man?" Stiles questioned him. 

"No" he replied.

"Lon Chaney Jr? Claude Rains? The original, classic werewolf movie?"

"No" Scott said.

"You are so unprepared for this, Scott. Do you have any idea what you're dealing with? Wolfsbane is poison for werewolves, us!" I explained. "So don't go near it" I added.

Stiles got my hint and grabbed the flower. It was connected to a rope and Stiles began to pull it out. The rope was buried about 3 inches in a circle under the surface. Stiles walked around the hole while Scott watched him. I, however took another look down and saw the other half of the body watching me with its lifeless eyes.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed and finally jumped out.

I got their attention and both of them looked down.

"Oh" Stiles mumbled and took out his phone. "I have to call my dad."

Scott called me the next day, saying that Derek was going to be arrested any minute. He asked me if I wanted to go there and watch it but I said no. I couldn't look Derek in the eyes. Not after he helped me. I couldn't let him know that I practically helped Stiles and Scott to dig out the body. My mind refused to think that Derek killed her, even though we found the body. On his property. I was sure that he had a reason for burring her. Since she was a werewolf too, there could be a slight chance that Derek knew her. I don't know what have gotten into me but I felt it. I knew that he was innocent.

My phone began to ring on my night stand. I checked the ID before picking up and saw Stiles' name flashing up. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Yes!" he shouted. "Scott is gone and I can't find him! You have to help me. I'm outside your house" he said before hanging up on me.

I watched out the window and saw Stiles' blue jeep parked outside. How did these two even survive before they knew me.

I got in my boots and grabbed my jacket and sprinted out. I jumped in the passenger seat and closed the door. 

"What happened?" I asked when Stiles started the motor.

"We were driving home from Derek's and Scott couldn't breath because I kept the wolfsbane and-"

"You kept the wolfsbane?! Are you out of your mind? I thought you did your research, Stiles. Should I repeat it one more time? Wolfsbane is poison. Wolfsbane. Poison. Scott and I, werewolves."

"Yeah, I got that but I didn't knew that it would have an effect on him even though it was in my backpack. So I pulled over and threw it away. As I returned back to my car, Scott was missing" he confessed.

"Okay. You have to drive me to Scott's" I told him. "Why?" he asked. "So I can get his scent and search him."

"You can do that?" he questioned. 

"Yes." I stated.

"Oh and one more thing" he said. "Derek said that you are able to stop him from playing."

"What do you mean?" I questioned confused.

"Well, I told him that I wasn't afraid of him but that was a lie, definitely. And I asked him why he killed that girl. He then said that he wasn't the problem. Scott would be problem. He said that he can't stop him from playing or shifting on the field, but you can. What does that mean?" he asked.

"I have to tell you something first... Well, I kind to seem to trust Derek. He helps me controlling. He showed me how to put the anger and the urge to kill into something else so I won't shift. He showed me how to search someone by scent. Derek isn't that bad, Stiles and-"

"He is! He killed that girl" Stiles started to discuss.

"You don't know that. We know that he buried her, yes! But we don't know why" I groaned.

"Face the truth, Amber. He killed her" Stiles argued.

"Do you want to argue now or do you want to find Scott? Because if you want to find Scott, you have to stop making me want to kill you right now!" I hissed.

Stiles went silent and drove to Scott's where he got me a shirt. I sniffed it in and could smell the fear towards Allison's dad and the anger towards Derek.

"I got it!" I said and jump out of the car.

"Where are you going?" Stiles shouted but I was already gone.

He had to be at Allison's since Derek is at the police station. So I ran those three blocks to Allison and hid behind a car. Scott was crawling on the roof, transformed as the werewolf. He was going to hurt Allison. He couldn't control himself yet. He had no one to show him. No one to teach him the werewolf 101. I wasn't even able to control myself all time, but at least I know how to put away those terrible thoughts.

I tried to concentrate and felt the heat behind my eyes. "Scott!" I whisper-screamed. Scott's eyes met mine and he seemed to realize what he was about do to. He jump down and ran straight into Mr. Argents car. Allison's father got out of the car, rushing to Scott. "Oh my god" he mumbled.

Allison heard what happened and ran over to them. "Dad?Dad! What the hell are you doing?" she shouted.

"He- he came out of nowhere, Allison" Allison's dad tried to apologize. 

"Are you trying to kill him?" Allison hissed and took Scott's hand. „No. No, of course not. He just- he just ran out of the driveway" her father explained.

This can't be good. If he recognized Scott being a werewolf this wouldn't end well.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'm sorry" Scott groaned still on the ground.

"You okay?" Allison asked him and stroke his face. "Yeah. Y-yeah, I'm fine. I swear. Sorry I hit your car. I was just coming to say hi" he lied.

"You sure you're okay?" Mr. Argent said while helping Scott up. 

"Yeah. Yeah, completely. Uhh. I should go, I've got a lacrosse game to get to. You're still coming right?" he asked Allison.

"Of course I'm coming" she replied. "We both are" her dad added and patted his shoulder.

Shit. He couldn't come. It wouldn't end well if Scott started to shift in front of him. Mr. Argent would see Scott being a werewolf. He would hunt him, maybe torture him, trying to get as many information out of him as possible. It would all lead back to me.

Scott said goodbye to Allison and her Dad and got over to me.

"How did you find me?" he asked.

"By scent" I answered and dialed Stiles number so he could pick us up. 

"And how did you do that?" he asked once again. 

"Doesn't matter right now! You have a bigger problem! If Allison's dad comes to the game tonight, he will see you. You can't control yourself yet. You can't play, Scott!" I argued and saw Stiles' jeep coming down the road.

I climbed in the backseat while Scott got in the passenger seat.

"Of course I can. I won't shift! I promise" he said.

"What are you two walking about?" Stiles asked.

"Amber is trying to tell me not to play" Scott answered.

"And so am I. This is too dangerous, Scott" Stiles warned. I agreed "Especially with Allison's father watching you."

"He's coming, too?!" Stiles shouted.

"Yes." Scott and I both said in unison.

"Okay guys stop it! Stop telling me what to do!" Scott groaned and turned his head around to face me.

"Just answer my question! How did you do it?! And why the hell were you able to control yourself?! I saw your eyes glowing but you weren't in your werewolf-you" he asked again.

"Derek told me how to do it" I replied.

"YOU WENT TO DEREK?!" Scott shouted.

"YES! Derek helped me. And he could've helped you, too! But you were too stupid and put him in jail! And now stop talking to me" I shrilled.

"But Amber, I think that-" Stiles added but I cut him off. 

"Stop talking to me! Both of you! And now get me home."

Stiles dropped me off and begged me to come and watch the game but I wasn't in the mood to. I told him that I got better things to do, since Scott doesn't want my help, or any help at all. He had to deal with it himself.

Half an hour later I got a text from Stiles, saying that he would probably need my help if Scott got into problems. I didn't reply but I changed my mind. If everyone knew about Scott being a werewolf, they would know about me, too. And I couldn't risk that.

I told Tess that I'd be at the school field, watching tonight's game and she was okay with it. I took her car and made my way to school. When I made it to the bleachers, the game had already started. I saw Stiles dad and decided to sit with him and Scott's mom. I climbed on top of the bleachers and sat next to Mama McCall, who greeted me friendly. 

"Are you okay?" she asked me but kept her glare on her son. "Yes" I answered and saw Stiles staring at me. He gave me a wink and turned around. He probably knew that I was coming anyways.

I was searching for Scott and found him lying on the ground. Apparently, Jackson pushed him so he couldn't get the ball. Jackson shot and made a point. While everyone was cheering, I recognized Allison's dad, staring at Scott.

While Allison and Lydia held up a sign which said 'We luv u Jackson', I heard Jackson's conversation with Danny and other players.

"Only to me!" I heard Jackson commanding his team.

"But was if he's open?" Danny asked, meaning Scott. 

"Who's the captain? You or me?" Jackson said. 

"Jackson, come on, dude. I just wanna win" Danny groaned and rolled his eyes.

"We will win!" Jackson hissed.

"But-"

"What did I say? Huh? What. Did. I. Say?" Jackson asked again

"Don't pass to McCall" Danny repeated and sprinted off.

Hell no. This can't be good. I could smell the anger out there. This wasn't good.

It was too silent on the field. Scott was breathing heavily and he had his head down. Stiles was nervous as well.

The referee blew its whistle after asking Scott if he was okay and Jackson got the ball. The ball was thrown up in the air and Scott jumped over one of the other team player, catching the ball. "Great" I muttered. I began to nervously bit on my lip. This was not going to end well.

Scott ran to the goal and shot the ball into the net. Everyone stood up and started cheering. I sprung up myself, cheering as well.

"To McCall! Pass to McCall!" Coach shouted. Everyone seemed to agree with coach. Even the other team, since another player purposely passed the ball to Scott. Scott took off running and scored another point. I, myself couldn't cheer anymore. I knew that Scott was so strong because he was near to shift.

Everyone was cheering once again as Scott got the ball again. He was standing near the goal but wasn't going to throw the ball.

"No, Scott. No, no no" I mumbled and stood up. For a moment I thought that maybe everything could be fine but it wasn't, Scott was about to shift in front of the whole crowd. But suddenly he threw the ball into the goal. The whistle blew and time was up. Everybody got off the bleachers and ran on the field.

I made my way down to Stiles who was searching for Scott as well. "I can't see him" I told Stiles. "Yeah, me neither."

Sheriff Stilinski started to talk on his phone and I told Stiles to keep shut. 

"Dad, what's wrong?" Stiles asked his dad. His dad told him to be quiet, too. 

"Can you listen to their conversation?" he questioned me. 

"If you shut up, yeah!"

"... the killer of the girl has to be animal. That means that Hale is free."

"What do they say?" he asked again.

"Medical examiner determines the killer of the girl to be animal and not human" I told him.

"That means that Derek is free?"

"Yes. But that's not all... The body was identified. It''s Laura Hale. His sister"

Stiles and I went to the locker room since we couldn't find Scott on the field. When we made it to the locker room, we saw Scott and Allison standing in the showers, sucking each others faces off. 

"I gotta get back to my dad" Allison said before giving him one last kiss and walked out. I grabbed Stiles shirt and tried to pull him away but Allison caught us. "Hi Stiles... and Amber."

Stiles awkwardly waved while I tried to smile. As soon as she left Scott got out of the showers. 

"I kissed her" he said, totally proud.

Stiles nodded "We saw that."

"She kissed me" Scott chuckled and smiled. 

"Yeah, we saw that, too" I coughed.

"It's pretty good, huh?" Stiles laughed. 

"I- I- I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled it back. Maybe I can do this. Maybe it's not that bad" Scott mumbled.

"So I am here for nothing? Wow" I groaned.

"We'll talk later then" Stiles said . I grabbed Stiles shirt and wanted to walk out of this bad smelling room.

"About what?" Scott asked and pulled us back.

"The medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found" I spoke.

"And?"

"Well, I'll keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer to be animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail" Stiles explained.

"Are you kidding?" Scott yelled.

"No and here's a bigger kick in the ass. My dad I.D.'d the dead girl. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale" Stiles added.

"Hale?" Scott asked.

"Derek' sister" I answered.

Edited 01/24/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3K 61
"When will it end?" I say in a small, weak voice. "All this... dying, murder, feud... I'm sick of it." "Me too," he agrees. "We just have to hold on...
1M 54K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
163K 3.5K 40
"I can't believe it, you literally had one job." "It's not my fault that my decoy was rubbish." "I'm gonna have to stop calling you hotshot because y...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...