The promised neverland .

By zidagoat

The Promised Neverland Shonen Manga Episodes are being currently updated every Thursday on Hulu and some ani... More

[1]Grace Field House
[3]Grace Field House

[2]Grace Field House

141 7 6
By zidagoat

As I woke from my long awaited sleep I had unfortunately heard Emma halfway shouting to wake the rest of our siblings .

"Morning already?" Phil cried out , dragging the dy part in already .

Yawning and rubbing my eyes slightly I nod my head . "Yeah . The night sure did pass pretty quickly ." I agreed with Phil .

Norman shook his head slightly chuckling at us . "Come on Bon , help us get the younger ones ready for the day ."

I moved from the edge of the bed to stand up and dust my nightgown off . A smile on my face as I gave a quiet alright .

Inside of the kitchen I was helping Don and Ray prepare breakfast . I was pretty awake since Emma was a little loud earlier .

In the kitchen it was quite quiet besides Ray humming softly to some tune he had made up I guess . Don was tapping his feet along to the rhythm that Ray was humming , I felt a bit left out but it didn't really matter much . But I was a tad curious so I decided to ask .

"Hey Ray , did you make that up or something ?" He had stopped from mincing the chives .

He looked up at me softly while Don stopped tapping his foot . He gave a small lopsided smile and he had answered. "Ive heard Momma hum it ."

I smiled back in return and Don joined the conversation . "Really ? I've never heard momma hum anything before . She doesn't really do music unless she's playing with the little ones ." He said in a matter of fact manner . And to be quite frank I agreed , but Ray has no reason to lie so it must be true .

As Ray was putting the minced veggies and herbs into the bowl of eggs he started to speak again . "You're right , she normally doesn't ." Don had turned to put the pan of bacon on the stove and I had moved towards the oven to check on the loaves of bread .

Ray continued to stir and he started to pick back up where he left off when we started paying attention again . "But sometimes when someone gets adopted and she leaves to take them you can hear her humming sometimes . She did it with Lao and a couple before him ."

"Oh ." I said softly .

"I've never noticed it really ." I said more to myself then to the both of them .

Ray shrugged his shoulders as he began cooking the last batch of eggs . I had pulled out the bread and began to butter it .

"It's not something that I'd hope you'd notice ." Ray said as I cut the loaf .

Sitting outside leaning against a tree far away from the other kids I took a quiet shaky breath .

I look down at my hands as I try to hold back tears . Thinking about it stresses me out to the fullest extent .

Why do I feel so alone ?

I have just about everything I could ever ask for , I have everything I need .

But even with that I always feel like I'm the odd one out .

Gilda has Don . We're the only ten year olds in the whole orphanage but yet , we just don't seem to click that well .

We used to be closer when we were younger but as we grew apart in smarts , we grew apart in mindsets . We just weren't focused on the same things .

As I grew apart for them I tried to find another group to be with .

I tried to be with the oldest kids of this place . Norman , Ray and Emma .

And even though I tried my hardest , it just didn't seem right . We didn't click either .

Even though I had always gotten perfect scores like them , I feel like that's what had driven us apart .

I love to learn but it feels like my love for knowledge is driving us apart .

I cover my face with trembling hands , confused , conflicted and hurt .

I want to be better , I want to do better .

The only one who appreciates me and the things I do is Mama .

Whenever I know I can't do it anymore I go to her . Sometimes she likes to sit with me and she'll hold me tight . She'll tell me that everything is going to be alright and even if I always have the feeling that she's wrong , I'll nod my head in agreement . Only able to pray that she's right .

I want things to feel like they're going to be alright . I want to feel good . I want to be happy , I don't want these random bursts of hurt .

I don't want to feel like I'm the only person in the room filled with children . I want to be happy , and I want everyone to be a happy with me .

I lean my back against the tree as I pick my book about edible wild plants back up .

I breathe a few shallow breaths then I continue reading .

"BonBon look !" Phil said excitedly as he jumped from his bed with his cover . He jumped attempting to fly but that didn't work so well .

I caught him right before he hit the ground and we laughed a bit .

I put him down and he smiled up at me . "Won't you be sad when Conny leaves ? I'll miss her a lot ." Says Phil .

I fight the urge to frown slightly , just thinking about her leaving frustrates me . "Yeah . I'll be hurt Phil ."

Phil frowns too . "I'm gonna miss playing with Conny . She's fun ." He says softly .

The normally noisy bedroom was eerily quiet as we all prepared for Conny to leave . Conny came in quietly and shuffled awkwardly around the room a bit before Don broke the silence . "We're gonna miss you a lot , Conny ." He said it with a few tears in his eyes .

Everyone knew Don was close to Conny , always helping her when she needed it . She might've been his favorite sibling , but now she's leaving .

I close my eyes and turn them look out the window . "I hope that when you leave , the family you've been placed with loves you . I hope they love you very much , Conny ." I have to stifle back a sob .

"I hope they give you enough love for all of us . I pray that when you leave you'll be happy , even if it's not with us ." I say .

Emma looks in at me then at Conny then turns her attention back to me again . She looks a little hurt but she smiles it off . "Those were really pretty words , Bon ."

She steps over and gives me a quick hug . I hug her back tightly , not wanting to cry in front of anyone .

As she lets me go I turn away from everyone . I have a headache from keeping the tears in so I move to the door .

Walking out I start to move towards the forest to find a tree to lean on to have time to think .

I don't think I could watch Connie leave up close and personal , I'd rather be able to watch her leave from a distance . Watching her leave to go stay with her new family hurts more than I would've expected .

I don't know why I feel so bad about it . Is it because I'm jealous ?

I shake the thought off , and I stand in front of the fence .

A sudden fear overcomes femme before I take a swift breath in , and hop over . I run towards the gate as fast as I could looking for a good hiding spot .

As I ran I can close to tripping , I had saw something horrendous . "W-what ...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.7K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
187K 8.6K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
484K 7.3K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
258K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...