Old Me

Autorstwa warriorpwr

Beatrice has just graduated college and returned home to help at her family business: a tattoo shop. She isn'... Więcej

Author's Note
Main Characters
Language Key
1 - Not My Type
2 - The Meet Cute
3 - Sleepover
4 - The Set Up
5 - Flirting?
6 - The Date Part 1
7 - The Date Part 2
8 - The Date Part 3
9 - Meet The Fam
10 - The Interrogation
11 - Party Preparations
12 - Sharing Secrets
13 - Can't Relate
14 - First Dance
15 - Second Date
17 - Don't Tell
18 - ReDo
19 - Dinner
20 - Netflix & Chill
21 - Closer
22 - Band Practice
23 - ER
24 - Cool Scar
25 - Results
26 - Past Is Apparent
27 - His Fault
28 - You're cute
29 - Betrayal
30 - Apologize
31 - Cuddle weather
32 - Lights Out
33 - Secrets
34 - Stay
35 - Exclusive
36 - Spill
37 - Official
38 - Goodnight
39 - Out of My Limit
40 - Room for Jesus
41 - Love
42 - Consequences
43 - Fair
44 - Salt and Sun
45 - Road Trippin'
46 - My Lips Are Sealed
47 - Don't Stop
48 - Can I Join?
49 - Fireworks
50 - Desperate
51 - Girls Talk Boys
52 - Empty House
53 - Love Bites
54 - Five Years Free
55 - Cold Feet
56 - Just Say It
57 - Ready
58 - Better Man
59 - Old Me
60 - Dirty Laundry
61 - Everything I Didn't Say
62 - Before I Met You
63 - Can't Help It
64 - I.F.L.Y.
65 - Mine
66 - Back to You
67 - She's Kinda Hot
68 - All the Small Things
69 - The Best Years
70 - Epilogue
Mikey POV Ch 1
Mikey POV Ch 4
Mikey POV Ch 7/16/17
Mikey's POV Ch 21
Mikey's POV Ch 60

16 - Coronado

78 1 0
Autorstwa warriorpwr

I smiled and opened the door for Michael.

"Hey," I said stepping aside so he could come in.

"Hey," he smiled back.

"Michael!" Cat yelled running from the kitchen.

"Hey, Cat. Good to see you."

"Put your shoes on, okay?" I said before filling Michael in on our pitstop.

"Sorry, but I need to drop Cat off with my mom. Is it okay if we do that on our way out?"

"Yeah, of course. Anything for Cat," he said winking at her, making her giggle.

"If you're driving, we'll have to put her booster seat in your car."

"Sure, no problem."

"Okay, let me get my keys from the kitchen."

I left Michael with Cat while I grabbed her booster seat from my car. I left it on the porch and went back inside to grab my purse.

"Ready?" Michael asked when I entered.

"Yeah, let's go," I said holding my hand out for Cat.

With Cat strapped in the backseat of Michael's car, it was slightly awkward to start a conversation. I mean we were meant to be on a date. I didn't really know what to say, and I was a little nervous.

"So, you're going to get on the 8 West. You know how to get there from here?" I asked as we pulled to the traffic light at the end of my street.

"Um, yeah, I turn left here and follow the road until I hit the freeway. Which side of the street is it on?"

"The right."

He nodded and put his blinker on as he pulled into the left turn lane.

I took a look around his car and noticed a pair of glasses in one of the cup holders.

"Do you wear glasses?" I asked noticing he was wearing sunglasses.

"Um, yeah, sometimes. But I mostly wear contacts when I can."

"Cool," I said.

Wow, that was lame, Bea. 'Cool'.

"Have you always needed them?"

"Uh, yeah. Pretty much...since I was a kid. Glasses are just inconvenient, so as soon as I could afford contacts I stopped wearing them."

I smiled trying to imagine the pair in his cupholder on his face. They were large black frames, that were slightly nerdy, but in the fashionable kind of way.

"What about you?" he asked, "Do you wear contacts?"

"No, thankfully I was lucky enough to not need them."

"How you doing back there, Cat? You want some music?" Michael asked looking at her in his rearview mirror.

"Yes, please," she squealed.

Michael pressed a button on his radio and some Top 40's music started to play in the background.

"So, where to now?" Michael asked as we merged onto the freeway.

"You're going to get on the 805S pretty soon, so stay in the right three lanes."

"Okay, Navigator," Michael said drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

When we finally pulled up to my aunt's house, I told Michael to stay in the car while I helped Cat out of the back seat. I released the booster seat and pulled it out of the car.

"I'll be right back," I told him before closing the car door.

I grabbed Cat's hand and walked up my aunt's driveway. I left the car seat on the patio and rang the doorbell. Immediately dogs started to bark and I could hear my zia telling them to be quiet.

"Ciao, bella," Zia Aurora said kissing my cheeks.

She looked past me to see Michael's car on the curb.

"Why don't you invite him in?" she asked as Cat pushed past her and ran inside.

"Um, we're kind of on a date."

"Oh, okay. Well, next time then, huh? Where you guys going?" she asked picking up Jock, the Jack Russel Terrier before he escaped outside.

"Coronado. To ride bikes," I said petting Jock.

Jock, and her other dog Trusty, a basset hound, used to live with us off and on growing up, hence their names from Lady and the Tramp. They are basically family members, very spoiled ones, too.

"Okay, have fun. Love you."

"Love you, too. Tell my mom I probably won't be home for dinner."

"Okay, see you later," she said waving goodbye.

I made my way back to the car and saw that Michael had entered directions to Coronado from where we were as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Shall we?"

"Let's go!"

____

When we arrived in Coronado, I directed him to park on a side street a couple of blocks behind the main drag so that we didn't have to pay for parking. Most residential streets on Coronado are permit-only, but if you know where to look you can get lucky sometimes.

I slung my purse over my shoulder and we headed towards Sam's bike rental shop across from Hotel del Coronado. The weather was perfect for bike rides, cool enough that I slipped on my jacket I had brought with me for just in case. The sun was out, but it wasn't very hot considering the summer had started.

"So...What have you been up to since I saw you last?" Michael asked as we waiting to cross the street.

"Uh, since last weekend?" I said, poking fun at the fact that we did just see each other at my party.

"Yes, in the last seven days," he said smirking at my remark.

"Just work, you?"

"Yeah, work and music lessons."

We paused our conversation as we entered the bike shop.

"Hey guys, how can I help you?" the young man at the counter asked. He looked like a high school student.

"Two bikes, please."

"Okay, for how long? It's $7 for an hour or $20 for half-day."

"Can we just do an hour for now, and pay extra if we stay longer?" I asked.

"Yeah, sounds good. That'll be $14."

"Great, thanks," Michael said pulling out a twenty from his wallet and handing it to the kid.

He rang it up on an old register and handed Michael his change.

"I just need one of you to sign this form regarding any accidents or injuries while I pull the bikes out front. Do you want any baskets or a bike lock?"

"Yes to both," I said as Michael signed the paper.

Michael picked up one of the maps on the counter and looked over the outlined bike path.

"Do you know where you want to go, or should I keep this?"

"Yeah, keep it just in case. But, there's a marked bike path that pretty much guides you around the island."

"Okay."

"Your bikes are out front and ready when you are. Let me know if you need me to adjust the seats. We close at 5 pm so bikes back by 4:30, please. Oh, sorry, I forgot to ask if you guys wanted helmets."

"Um," Michael looked at me for an answer and I shook my head, "I think we're okay. Thanks, mate," Michael said as we headed out to the bikes.

I swung my leg over the seat and realized that it was definitely too high for me. I adjusted it and noticed Mikey watching me.

"What? I'm short, okay?" I said a little defensively.

He just laughed and waited for me to finish.

"Lead the way," he said once I got on the bike and lifted the kickstand.

I slowly weaved through the crowd of people in the shops until we were on the street.

"So, I take it you've done this before?" Michael asked as we coasted downhill.

"Yeah, my cousins and I used to come here all the time as kids."

"Sounds like fun."

We rode in silence enjoying the view of the ocean as we rode along the harbor. We made it through the golf course and were now at the ferry landing. It would have been relaxing if it weren't for all the screaming kids and loads of people to watch out for on the walkway.

"Hey, Michael," I shouted as he was riding a little ahead of me.

He slowed to a stop and I pulled up behind him.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Let's get off the main strip and head towards the residential areas, there's some really pretty lookout points."

"Yeah, okay, I'll follow you."

We avoided the people walking and crossed over towards the main road. I turned down the nearest street that ran along the ocean and Michael rode beside me.

"Wow," he pointed at the house we were passing, "how much you think that one costs?"

"A couple million at least," I said, looking at the size of the house.

I wondered who could afford to live so extravagantly.

"Imagine having that kind of money to spend on just a home. I don't know, it just seems like there are a lot of better ways that you could spend your money," he said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, definitely. What would you do with three million?"

"Hm, that's a lot of money. Let me think about it. What would you do?" Michael asked.

We reached the end of the street and I turned at the stop sign heading down the main road that I knew had a little benched garden area with views of the harbor.

"Probably invest some and donate most of it."

"Very charitable of you. Now you're going to make my answer sound bad."

"I promise I won't hold it against you," I joked.

"Okay, well, I'd probably buy my parents a house and use the rest to open up more coffee shops with better space for live music and teaching opportunities."

"So, that's what the space downstairs is for, right? To teach?"

"Yeah, and just a hang out for some kids that need it."

"That's actually really awesome Michael, and totally something you could do in the future."

"I dunno. But thanks."

It started getting a little steep and I was falling behind Michael. I was way more out of breath than I thought I should be, and I started to sweat profusely.

Okay, this is weird. We're almost to the bench area and then I'll take a break. I tried to pick up the pace, but my heart was fluttering and I started seeing black dots in my vision. I pedaled backward until I stopped and planted my feet on the ground.

I saw Michael look back and he turned around to come back.

"Hey, everything okay?" he asked.

I put the kickstand down and started pulling off my jacket taking slow, even breaths.

"Bea," he said concerned as he got off his bike next to me, "you don't look good. Your face is really pale. What's wrong?"

"I..." I tried to get the words out but I felt like I was going to throw up, "I think..."

My legs were weak and I felt like I needed to sit down or I'd fall over. I didn't feel like I moved but suddenly Michael was grabbing my arms and I was sitting on the ground.

"Bea! Tell me what's wrong?" He sounded like he was trying hard not to panic as he scanned my body for an injury.

I took some deep breaths before trying to respond.

"I think I'm just dehydrated. I just need to sit here for a minute. I'll be fine," I said trying to smile.

"You don't look fine. Should I call an ambulance?"

"What? No! I'll be fine, I just need to cool off."

"Okay, um, I'll go get the car, yeah?" He looked around to see where we were.

There was nothing but houses and the ocean.

"I really don't think I should leave you here alone." He looked around again and his face lit up. He quickly stood up waving his arms frantically.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

255K 7.2K 24
Every good girl falls for the bad boy. That's like some unwritten rule that always seems to be respected. But what if he isn't a bad boy, just looks...
724K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
34.3K 1.9K 40
⚠ Mature content. ⚠ Follow up of my first (and worst) love story ever. Ash might have salvaged his friendship with Val, but when they start working...
391K 16.5K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...