Hooks and Seashells

بواسطة Meloetta246

A Harry x Uma Fanfiction What happened after Uma fled from cotillion? This is my own spin on the events that... المزيد

Chapter 1: The Tides Have Turned
Chapter 2: Rocking the Boat
Chapter 3: Deals and Deliveries
Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts
Chapter 5: Goodbyes and Promises
Prediction of the Future
Chapter 6: Welcome to Auradon
Chapter 7: Dorm Rooms and Discoveries
Chapter 8: Appointments and Answers
Chapter 9: Dresses and Dilemna's
Chapter 10: Hooked and Having
Chapter 11: Mermaids and Memories
Chapter 12: Seasons Greetings and Surprises
Chapter 13: Black Magic and Barriers
I Got Tagged!
Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets
Chapter 15: The Big Sleep Part I
Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices
Tag! I'm It!
Chapter 17: Births and Beginnings
Tagged Once Again
Tags Tags Tags
Chapter 19: Puzzles and Pieces
Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
Epilogue
Tagged Again
Waves and Embers is out!

Chapter 18: Figures and Family

1K 27 16
بواسطة Meloetta246

The hospital was quiet as a figure clad in red clothing slipped quietly through the window into Uma and Harry's room. The figure slinked silently through the room to Ulma's bassinet. "What a beautiful child." She whispered, taking one of the baby's hands. However, as the figure pulled back, she knocked the pacifier hanging on the bassinet into the floor. The figure froze as Harry stirred in his chair before settling once more.
🌟
The guard was standing watch outside the room when a sound from inside caught his attention. He peered inside to see a figure in red hovering over the bassinet. The guard slipped quietly into the room. "Why am I not surprised?" The figure moved towards the guard as she spoke. "Hello Aaron, seems I'm not the only one breaking rules tonight." The guard chuckled. "But we're not old friend. King Ben has overturned his father's ruling. We don't have to hide or keep our distance any longer."

The figure's eyes widened in surprise. "Is this true? We no longer have to keep our identities a secret secret?" Aaron smiled. "I have a copy of the decree. It's official." The figures eyes sparkled with delight as she took in the news. Just as she was about to ask for more details, their attention was drawn to the movement coming from the bassinet.

"Looks like someone is awake." She whispered, scooping the infant into her arms. "You should go and come back in the morning." Aaron whispered as he watched her cradle the infant. The figure chuckled at his remark. "It's 4 a.m., it is morning. However, I will go. Just let me put the little one back to sleep." The guard sighed as she began to sing.

Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For ever if I'm far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you
Each night we are apart
Remember me
Though I have to travel far
Remember me
Each time you hear a sad guitar
Know that I’m with you
The only way that I can be
Until you’re in my arms again
Remember me
🌟
The sound of quiet singing filled Harry's ears as he slowly awoke from his slumber. As he became more coherent, he began to recognize the words being sung. He opened his eyes and scanned the room, bolting up right when he realized they weren't alone. Harry turned on a nearby lamp, giving him enough light to see who was in the room.

It was then he noticed the guard and with him, the red-clad figure who was holding his daughter. "Put my daughter down." Harry growled, grabbing his hook. "You may have saved my life, but that doesn't mean I trust you." I figure stepped forward. "I'm sorry. Here, you can take her." He shook his head, pointing his hook towards the bassinet. "No, just put her in her bed."

A look of realization dawned on the figure's face as she stared at him. "You haven't held her, have you?" Harry glared. "That's none of your concern. Now put Ulma down." The figure placed the sleeping infant back in the bassinet and stepped away just as Uma awoke. "Harry what's going on?" She asked groggily.

Harry kept his eyes on the figure as he replied. "We have an uninvited guest." Uma looked at the figure, then turn to the guard. "Why aren't you arresting her?" Aaron sighed. "Because she's a friend and she means no harm." Harry looked at the figure with mistrust in his eyes. "Who are you? Why are you here? And why, why did you sing that song?" The figure's eyes sparkled as she responded. "The song is a favorite learned from an old friend. I came here because I wanted to find someone I lost long ago. As for who I am, well, I'm hoping you'll be able to answer that yourself Harry."

The figure reached up and carefully removed her mask. Long, curly blond hair cascaded down her back as she gave him a warm smile. Harry stared in disbelief as the realization of who she was hit home. "Mum?" He gasped, dropping his hook. The woman gave him a teary-eyed smile as she nodded. "Yes, it's me. I'm so glad you remember, it's been so long." Harry stood frozen in place as he processed this information. "I don't understand." He began. "Why did you leave us? Where have you been all this time?"

Jessica placed a hand on her son's shoulder. "My little buccaneer, I never wanted to leave you. But when the spouses of villains began to disappear, King Beast ordered for us to be evacuated. However, by the time he made his decree, only four of us remained. We begged for him to allow us to bring our children, he refused. King Beast said that villiany ran in your veins and it was too big a risk. I refuse to leave but the guards dragged me into a limo. I can still hear your father's cries as he called out for me."

Harry nodded as he took in his mother's words. "I understand but, why show up now? Why didn't you come to greet me when I arrived or CJ or Harriet?" She sighed. "When King Ben made his proclamation to give the villain kids a chance, King Beast made one of his own. He proclaimed that we were not allowed to communicate with or come near our children when and if they arrived. He said it would cause more harm than good and that seeing how you behaved on your own would be the most accurate way to judge your character."

Uma shook her head in disbelief. "How could he separate parents from their children? If anything, having a parent would make the adjustment easier." Harry nodded in agreement. "She's right. CJ, Harriet, and I all need you. Ever since I found out I was going to be a dad, I've been wishing you were here. I can lead a crew and captain a ship, but I'm not sure I know how to be a dad."

Jessica chuckled as she pulled him into a hug. "Oh Harry, being a parent isn't something you know, it's something you just do. Is that why you haven't held her?" Harry nodded. "I'm afraid I'll hurt her, she's so tiny." She pulled out of the hug and walked over to the bassinet, scooping Ulma into her arms. "Don't be afraid." Jessica told Harry as she walked over. "Just give it a try." She carefully placed Ulma in Harry's arms, guiding him so that he supported her properly. "See, you're doing fine." She smiled proudly. Harry chuckled as Ulma snuggled against his chest. "This feels amazing." He rocked her gently, before looking at his mom. "But Mum, if you're banned from seeing me, why are you here?"

Jessica smiled. "Well, I was determined to meet my granddaughter and see my son so I snuck in. But Aaron has informed me that King Ben has thrown out his father's proclamation. We no longer have to stay away." Harry looked at his mom and confusion. "We?" She chuckled at his questioning expression. "Yes, we. Aaron, I think it's time you tell them who you are."

All eyes turned to the guard who had been standing quietly on the sidelines. Aaron nodded as he turned towards the two teens. "I too, was taken from the Isle that day. I will never forget the sound of my daughter crying and reaching out for me. My little ocean princess." Uma's eyes widened at the nickname she only heard in memories. "Dad?"

Aaron smiled as he sat next to his daughter. "So you do remember." Uma nodded. "I remember the nickname and your voice." She said softly as her chin began to tremble. "Mom said you were dead." He wrapped his daughter in a tight hug. "Your mother was angry that they took me away. I have no doubt she told you that, but I'm here now."

The two released their embrace as a knock was heard at the door. "Come in." Uma called, drying her tears. A blur of red rushed through the door tackling Harry into a hug. "I'm an aunt!" Harry steadied himself as CJ peered at Ulma. "She's so cute!" But CJ's attention was drawn away from Ulma when Harriet's voice echoed through the room. "Mom? Mom!"

Harriet tackled her mother into a hug as Jessica laughed. "Oh Harriet! Look how you've grown!" CJ watched the scene in confusion. "Did you say mom?" Harriet nodded. "This is our mom CJ." Jessica smiled as she greeted her youngest daughter. "Hello Calista Jane. James always said you looked like me. I never believed it until now. You were so young when I left." CJ smiled. "It's nice to meet you." All my memories of you are stories from Harriet and Harry."

Jessica nodded as another voice cut in. "Are we invited to this party?" Uma chuckled as she beckoned them in. "Melody, Michael, of course you are. Come over here." The couple made their way over to the bedside. "Looks like a Hook family reunion in here." Michael chuckled.

Uma smiled. "It is, but they're not the only family that's been reunited. Michael, this is my father, your uncle Aaron. Dad, this is my cousin Michael, Aunt Morgana's son." Aaron extended a hand. "It's nice to meet you Michael. I grew up with your father, he was a good man. You look like him." Michael took his hand and shook it. "That's good to hear. Do you know what happened to him?" Aaron sighed deeply. "He disappeared along with many other parents, that's all I know."

Michael nodded somberly. "I was afraid you would say that." Aaron clamped a firm hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I can't give you more but, I'm here if you need anything." Michael smiled. "Thanks Uncle Aaron, I appreciate it." As the two families reconnected, a familiar red-haired boy peeked in through the window. He's smiled at the scene as he whispered, "Mission accomplished."

Author's Note

Wow, just two more chapters until this story meets its end. But don't worry, the adventure will continue. Until next time,

                     -Meloetta246

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4.5K 49 13
The Adventure kids are back! On another adventure as they return to Auradon Prep just in time for the Royal Cotillion. Arianna is hearing voices insi...
50.5K 1K 35
When Mal and the other VKs leave and never return, Magnolia feels nothing but betrayal. She had no sister and the person she thought was her mother w...
56.5K 834 21
Y/n, a pirate looking for trouble and some fun. 17 years old and 17 years of trouble. Living on the isle of the lost while she sees all over the TVs...
113K 2.9K 58
There's so many ways to be wicked. Here's mine. ____________________________________ Camilla De Vil was always the favorite in her mother's eyes. She...