The Love Bite [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

Alexander Lee Grey lives his entire life according to his clan's will. He has no freedom, especially when it'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

41.4K 2K 1.4K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Eighteen (Alexander)

I woke up in a cold sweat.

My whole body was trembling, sweat streaking down from my temples, making my hair stick to my face as I panted hard, staring up at the ceiling before looking around. The lights from the city outside peeked through the blinds over the windows, giving light to everything inside.

I glanced over to see Storm and Mark fast asleep. Storm was scooted all the way on the other side of the bed from Mark, lying on his side and facing the bathroom. Mark lay curled up facing the bed I shared with Amber. From this distance, even I could see that his eyes were a little red and puffy from crying, making my heart sink.

I looked at Amber, who slept on her back in the giant t-shirt Storm had brought back for her from Wal-Mart before I looked down at myself. I slept in just my boxers, but even then, I suddenly felt hot and sick to my stomach. I pushed the blankets back and brought my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them before shutting my eyes tightly.

I felt sick.

I felt... terrible.

I couldn't sleep knowing that, no matter what Mark said, this was my fault.

He could do whatever he wanted to try and cheer me up, but it wouldn't work because I knew when I had done something wrong and this was it. The one time I break free from my parents and I do something totally stupid and terrible.

I ruined everyone's lives.

I tricked Mark into thinking he loved Storm and they were meant to be. I tricked Mark into helping me jack off because my body ached for Nicholas. My heart ached for Nicholas and I lied, telling them it didn't matter when it did.

I loved Nicholas so much, it hurt.

Tears burned my eyes and I finally flopped on the bed again, pulling the blankets around me tightly as I shut my eyes, letting my tears streak down my face and onto the pillow under my head. I sniffled, wiping at my eyes, but the moment my fingers passed over them, more tears flowed freely, so I gave up and let myself cry until Amber put her arm around me, surprising me as she held me against her chest tightly, tucking her leg over mine.

"Sssh," Amber murmured, "It's okay, Ally cat." For some reason, hearing her try to comfort me only made me want to sob. I choked it back and just cried as silently as I could as Amber rubbed her hand up and down my arm, kissing me gently on the head.

"I'm so terrible." I whispered, choking for breathing, my voice shaking as my chest ached with wrenching sobs. Amber tightened her grip on me, kissing my cheek as she rested her head on top of mine.

"You are not."

"I am to. I'm a selfish liar."

"No, Ally cat. Totally wrong. Baby, you're a great person. You've just been on autopilot all these years and now that you can finally take the wheel, you're scared. You keep pulling off into the wrong lane, but you'll put yourself back on."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm your big sister and I know everything."

"Do not."

"Do to, now shut up and get as much rest as you can. We have a busy... well, future ahead of us." Amber said softly, kissing my temple one last time before falling back on her side. I felt lonely when she rolled away, so I rolled back to face her and curled up against her. Amber sighed, but smiled as she put her arm around me.

"Nighty night, Ally cat."

"Night, Amber."

I finally managed to fall asleep, only to wake up seven hours later to the sound of the television. My eyelids fluttered open, feeling heavy as I reached up to rub at my eye. I flopped on my back, realizing Amber had already gotten up. I opened my eyes and sat up slowly to see Mark sitting on the end of his bed, wearing a black sweatshirt and matching jeans. The sweatshirt was a bit too big on him, hanging past his waist. He was eating cereal and beside him was a cart full of breakfast food. By breakfast food, I mean instead of a gallon of milk, it was a water gallon filled with blood.

Instantly my fangs throbbed at the sight and I crawled across the bed, sitting on the corner and uselessly reaching out for it even though it was like five feet away. Mark looked up and smirked before reaching out, taking the gallon and handing it to me. I nodded my thanks, then took huge gulps of the sweet metallic liquid inside.

"How did we get this?" I asked tiredly, handing the gallon back. Mark lifted a spoon of cereal to his mouth. Lucky charms and instead of milk, blood. It was strange to see all the cute marshmellow shapes become red.

"Storm brought it for us." He answered, but that's all he would say. It made my stomach churn a little so I figured it was a good thing that I didn't know. I climbed out of bed, spotting a pair of folded up clothes on the dresser.

"Storm bought 'em for you." Mark said as I walked across the room, picking up a black and white striped elbow-length shirt and a pair of black cargos. I took them in with me as I went to shower, then came back all dressed as I ran my fingers through my hair. Mark was leaning on the edge of the bed before I spoke.

"Where're Amber and Storm?" I asked, sitting on the bed beside him. Mark only glanced up for a second, then shrugged.

"They went back to some general store. Dollar Something down the block. They said we need more clothes, but should go for the cheaper crap bought with cash." He answered, studying the screen. I sighed and fell back on the bed, folding my arms behind my head.

"I wonder how much longer we're gonna live like this." I murmured. Mark glanced down at me, cocking his head.

"Hopefully not too much longer. It'd be nice if I could sleep in a bed that I didn't have to share." He mumbled, averting his eyes. I blinked and looked at him, opening my mouth to question that statement when something flashed on the television screen, making my eyes widen.

"Oh no." I managed. Mark looked at me in confusion and turned to the television as a news reporter's face filled the screen.

"This is a news alert. Yesterday at 4:15 p.m. at the Wolf Creek Hospital, a patient was kidnapped. The patient's name being Markus Capulet. He was just diagnosed with emphysema. He was also suffering trauma to the head after being attacked shortly after Wolf Creek's first touchdown at the homecoming game. Witnesses say Capulet was heavily drugged after the pain had become too much for him to stay fully conscious. The kidnappers' names are being withheld, however, we've been informed that Wolf Creek Hospital's head of medicine, Kornelius Lee Grey's son was also involved in the kidnapping. We interviewed Mrs. Grey on the disappearance of her son and patient." The screen blinked.

A second later, I recognized my house in the background with my mother taking up the screen with the news reporter. I was stunned to see my mother's eyes rimmed in red, holding a tissue to her nose as my father put an arm around her tightly.

"I don't understand," She was stammering, "He came to visit his friend in the hospital and the next thing I know, he's taken by these... these people. Someone just snatched them out of mid-air."

A lie, I knew instantly, feeling like a fist had punched through my chest and clasped my heart tightly.

"Whoever's out there and has my son, and his friend, please. Bring them both back safely. Alexander was a good student. He worked hard. He had plans. He had a future." My mother choked on a sob and covered her face as my father held her close, looking at the reporter, who looked at the couple in sympathy.

"We've hired investigators to look into the situation more thoroughly," My father assured, stroking my mother's blonde hair, "We're doing everything in our power to return Markus and Alexander home safe and sound."

"And there you have it, folks," The reporter announced, turning to the camera with steely blue eyes and black hair hanging between her eyes, "We'll have more on what the police are now calling the Capulet case."

The emergency broadcast faded out back to the cartoons, but I couldn't focus on Spongebob as he blew an obscenely large bubble. I just stared straight ahead, trying to process things.

Kidnapping.

Wait, me?

They didn't even mention Amber! Or Storm! What the hell was going on? Did my parents know about Zephyra already? I couldn't understand it and it made my head ache. The worst part was the things my mother had said that pierced me right through the chest as I stared.

Plans?

A future?

Was she even talking about me?

I was her little robot. Her little dress up doll. My entire life she'd been picking out my clothes, the type of blood I was allowed to drink after eight, how I sat at the table, what silverware I used, what classes to work harder in and accept extra credit even though I was above average. She picked out my high school classes and my school lunches. She even ordered that I not bother getting my license. She wouldn't let me live the dream that all teenagers wanted. I wasn't allowed at parties. I wasn't allowed to have friends.

A future?

She was forcing me into a marriage with Storm, someone I had only met once my entire life and didn't even love!

And she went on national television, sobbing about how she missed me and wanted me back.

"Alex... Are you all right?" Mark asked quietly. I blinked, suddenly feeling something hot and wet slide down my cheek. I reached up to wipe my tears away, but Mark was already sitting in front of me on the bed, reaching out and using his thumbs to wipe them away. He studied my face as I took a deep breath, shaking my head.

"Goddess, I'm sorry. I didn't... I have no idea what came over me."

"Do you miss her?"

"Who?"

"Your mother. Your father. Do you miss them?" Mark asked quietly. I stared at him for the longest time.

Mark had no parents. His parents died in a car crash that could've killed him too if it wasn't for the miracle that kept him linked to life. Mark had almost died twice. The fact that he didn't meant he was never meant to die.

My parents were alive. They'd work decades trying to create me.... But unlike human parents, they weren't creating me as a seed of their love for each other. They didn't give me a cute nursery full of toys and games. No music box, no musical toys in general. I never had a favorite blanket. I never had a favorite cartoon. My parents didn't rush to me whenever I cried because of a nightmare or because I was hungry.

The only face I could remember watching me to make sure I was okay was Amber's.

My parents were alive, but.... Sometimes... It felt like they might as well be dead and thinking that, I suddenly felt even worse.

"No." I choked. Mark's eyes flickered before he reached out and caught me off guard as he hugged me tightly, pressing his cheek against mine. I blinked a few times in confusion before I fell to pieces and cried some more, tightening my grip on Mark.

"I'm so sorry, Mark. I'm really..." I couldn't speak anymore without blubbering as I gripped Mark to me tightly and he did the same.

"It's okay, Alex.... Your parents were never very nice." He added quietly. I blinked, pulling away a little bit as Mark used the napkin off the tray to wipe at my eyes.

"How'd you know?" I sniffed, taking the napkin from it and rubbing my nose. When Mark didn't answer, I looked up to frown at him. He stared back at me for a while and I noticed his tongue dip out of his mouth, like he was trying to fiddle with the piercing that was no longer there.

Then it hit me.

My eyes widened.

"You..." I didn't get to finish as the door opened to the room, making us both jump and look up. Storm and Amber came in, obviously not having had a good outing judging from the way Amber kicked the door shut.

"Mark, put a muzzle on your bitch because he about to be neutered!" She barked, tossing a couple bags of candy on the floor along with some candles, popurri, and other witchy things that made me tilt my head to look at them, then at Mark, waiting for him to get angry and tell her the truth. Instead, Mark just blushed and shook his head as Storm came over with a sigh, leaning over Mark's shoulder and dropping a candy bar there. Mark's face lit up and he picked the candy bar up, before tilting his head to look at Storm, who smiled warmly and pecked him on the cheek quickly.

I looked at Mark incredulously, ready to open my mouth, but Mark broke off a piece of the chocolate bar.

"Let me feed you!" He exclaimed, shoving the candy in my mouth, the sugary sweetness of chocolate assaulting my taste buds and fangs. I choked for a second, wiping the chocolate across my mouth. Mark glared at me for a second before I could only manage a nod. I was surprised as Storm came over, giving me a pat on the head.

"Glad you're awake. We let you sleep in." He said gently. I looked at him, utterly confused as he turned away to pick up a brand new backpack, stuffing his grocery bag inside. I looked at Mark, then at Amber to see if she was acting weird, but she was just her usual self as she set a candle out on the table.

"I don't understand." I managed at last.

"More candy?" Mark offered, but I pushed his hand away and rolled onto my hands and knees, facing Storm as he sat on the bed, jerking his boots on.

"I-I thought you were angry at me." I managed. Mark didn't want me to mention anything about his secret, so I kept that silent. However, I was stunned that Storm had gone from angry, betrayed fiance to calm, cool best buddy.

"There's no reason," Storm said after a while, glancing at me past his hair as he pulled his new jacket on, straightening it on his broad shoulders, "I've come to terms."

"My head hurts." I plopped back on the bed, then yelped as Mark leaned on my back, his arms around my neck as he looked at Storm, tilting his head onto my head.

"Are we leaving now? This episode isn't over with." Mark complained, but Storm shook his head as he rose to his feet, putting a hand on his hip.

"We have to. If we stay in an area too long, they'll jump us the first chance they get." He explained calmly, bringing his back pack up onto his shoulder. Mark and I shared looks before glancing at Amber, who swung her bag over her shoulder.

"I'm not arguing with King Kong over there. That is not my job." Amber responded, holding her hands up in defense before rolling her eyes and heading to the door. I glanced at Mark as he slid off the bed, stretching like a cat. I frowned as he got ready to go, shutting the television.

He remembered. Mark remembered everything.

My eyes widened in realization. Did that mean he'd remember why Zephyra was so interested in him? I wanted to ask, but it was obvious by Mark's reaction earlier that he didn't want me to tell Storm or Amber. Why, I had no idea. I just knew that I had to get Mark alone if I wanted to know more.

"Hey, we'll catch up with you. I still wanna do a few things before we go." I said aloud, glancing at Amber, who leaned on the doorframe impatiently, and Storm, who stood beside her with a frown.

"Like what? We don't have time to do anything that'll take long." Amber sighed. I blushed, shrugging a little as I glanced innocently out the window.

"I wanted to meditate before we left." I confessed, then looked at Amber, who brightened.

"Really? You never wanted to do it before. What's with the sudden change in attitude?" She asked suspiciously, putting her hands on her hips. I nibbled my lower lip as everyone looked at me, making me feel self-conscious, but I think I was getting the hang of this lying thing as I shrugged nonchalantly again.

"So much has happened... I want to do a chant for good luck." I responded shortly. Amber nodded, then linked an arm with Storm, who frowned at her, as if to ask just who she thought she was getting friendly with.

"We'll head down to the lobby. Don't dilly-dally too long. We have a long day ahead of us." She added, then tugged Storm out the door, the sound of him muttering vanishing as the door slammed shut behind them. I took my chance and whirled around, pointing an accusing finger at Mark as he sucked some blood from his cereal bowl off his finger. His expression was just owlish confusion.

"You remember!" I accused. Mark raised an eyebrow, dropping his hand onto his hip and smirking.

"Yea, so what? What're you gonna do? Kill me again?" He asked flatly, folding his arms over his chest now, making me wince and withdraw a little, dropping my arms to my sides as I shifted uncomfortably.

"That was an accident... But... I don't get it," I managed, confused, "If you remember everything, why don't you want the others to know? The reason Storm hates me is because I lied to you and told you that you guys were supposed to..." My voice trailed. Mark blushed a little, reaching up to ruffle his hair awkwardly before shrugging.

"Yea, well, why would I want to remember? My parents died in a car crash that was supposed to kill me too. I lived with some freak old guy that my mom listed as the next of kin. Our whole school hates me. I have some freakish vampire cult chasing me. It'd be nice if I could forget some things." He muttered dryly. It was my turn to blush now as his words sank in.

I suddenly felt a little guilty, again.

"And don't give me that look either," Mark snapped, making me blink in confusion, "I didn't know you blamed yourself this much for crap that isn't even your fault. Shit happens. It's... no one's fault. If we all blamed ourselves, then... It'd be my fault that my parents died..." He fell silent now, staring at me as I stared back. We were both quiet, just looking at each other, maybe trying to figure each other out?

Or maybe realizing what the other person was actually like.

Ever since I met Mark, I'd always thought he was obnoxious. He was a complainer and he was crude. He hurt himself constantly, but he always fought back to the people who hurt him. He was a hypocrite and he was just plain mean.

At least, that was my first impression.

After all the crap that had happened to us since he came over, I've realized it was just the front Mark put up. He was just like me. He was scared and he was doing something about his feelings.

"You love Storm." I concluded. Mark turned red, but he didn't deny it as he averted his eyes before looking back at me, embarrassed.

"It was easier to admit that when I couldn't remember who I used to be."

"Mark, you have to tell Storm. You... You can't get married. I hate saying that, but it's true. Storm's a pureblood and the whole point of his situation is to marry another pureblood. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want to marry him, but..."

"Why not?" Mark asked. I blinked and looked at him, surprised as Mark studied my face flatly, his fingers twiddling uneasily.

"What'd you mean?" I asked, perplexed. Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Why wouldn't you want to marry him? He's... you know, not bad for a freakish vampire that bit me the moment he met me." He answered dryly. I smiled a little, then rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"I just... don't love Storm."

"You love Nick." Mark stated. I blushed, but nodded in response. Mark sighed and plopped on the bed, looking down at his shoes for a while before looking up at me.

"This is like one of those stupid drama shows. You love Nick, but you have to marry Storm, who I like... That's not fair." He admitted with a shrug. I smiled faintly, brushing my hair back from my face as I walked over to Mark, sitting on the bed beside him.

"Life's sorta unfair... But, we can worry about who gets who after we figure out why Zephyra is hunting you down. It seems they want you dead or alive." I said, looking at Mark, who frowned, leaning back on his hands and studying the ceiling, as if hoping the answers were written there.

"I don't get why they're into me... I was human and they were still chasing me. I mean, what's so cool about me anyway? It doesn't make sense. They kept calling me.... something... At the game, when they jumped me... Damn it, what was it?" Mark muttered, rubbing his temple and grimacing as if it hurt to try and remember. I frowned, studying his expression.

"Well... All we know is that Zephyra's the one who killed your parents. They had to of because you knew how they were going to attack us on the highway. You remembered the car crash. So whatever it is, it has to do with your parents, Mark. What did they do for a living?" I asked. Mark blinked, glancing up with a concentrated frown.

"Uhm... I think my dad was an accountant or something... My mom was a stay at home mom. They were... I guess, just normal." He mumbled. I frowned, looking away before glancing back.

"That old guy. I thought he was your grandfather." I said. Mark shook his head, scrunching up his nose in disgust.

"He was a friend of my mom's. At least, that's how she saw it. He saw it differently. The freak was in love with her. He had to be, the way he talked about her all the time..." His voice trailed as if he were remembering something bad and shook his head as he rose to his feet.

"We should go now. I don't wanna stay here too much longer. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach after seeing that news report." He huffed, heading for the door. I got up and followed him quickly as we stepped out into the hallway. We took the elevator to the bottom floor and were just stepping out when we heard something. It sounded like a child sobbing.

"Do you hear that?" I asked. Mark frowned.

"Probably just some kid getting in trouble."

"It doesn't sound like that kind of crying."

"How do you know?"

"I just do." I retorted, then drifted down the hallway. Mark grimaced, glancing toward the lobby before hurrying after me as we stepped into a new hallway. The sobbing grew nearer, interrupted by sniffles and whimpers. I frowned before coming to the exit door at the end of the hall, peering outside the glass to see the source of the sobbing. It was a small boy, maybe eleven or so, sitting on a bench and rubbing at his eyes.

"He doesn't look like he's in trouble to me," I muttered, making Mark sigh, "He looks lost."

"Haven't you seen the scary movies, Alex? See lost child, help lost child, get killed by lost child." Mark ranted, rolling his eyes, then winced as I pushed the door open and he followed me anyway, but hesitantly. I approached the boy slowly.

"Are you all right?" I asked. The boy jumped, looking up with innocent baby blue eyes that made my heart melt. His hair was jet black, matching his corduroy overalls and the navy turtleneck underneath.

"I-I'm not allowed to talk to strangers." He stammered, sniffling as he slid off the bench and got behind it. I smiled in relief that Mark was just paranoid and the kid was probably just lost.

"It's all right, I'm not gonna hurt you," I said gently, taking a little step forward and holding my hand out, like I was approaching a scared dog instead of a scared child, "My name is Alexander. This is my friend, Mark. We were staying in the hotel. Were you staying there too? With your parents?" The boy nibbled his lower lip for a moment, then shook his head slowly.

"My parents said I could go outside... But I wanted to see the rest of the town, we just moved... But... I don't know where I'm at." He stuttered nervously, pausing to sniffle again and rub at his eye. I kept smiling gently and managed to step up to the bench to look closer at him.

"We can help you find your way, if you'd like. We'll just take you right back home and that's it." I promised, reaching my hand out again. The boy looked at it nervously before hesitantly reaching out to take my hand. I beamed and Mark sighed.

"You're such a sap." He told me. I glared at him quickly before smiling at the boy again, taking his hand in mine as I led him out onto the sidewalk.

"What does your house look like? Do you know the street name?" I asked. The boy blinked for a moment, reaching up to poke at his cheek thoughtfully before smiling up at me.

"Esther Ave. It's the big white one." He answered. I nodded and started to head down the sidewalk, leading the boy along with me as I glanced at the street signs. Mark followed close behind with a frown, glancing at the hotel.

"Shouldn't we tell Storm and Amber first?" He asked, walking up beside me and looking down at the boy, who was smiling brightly now as we crossed the street.

"It's fine. We'll be gone for a couple minutes. Esther Ave. is right near here." I replied as we walked along the sidewalk, my eyes skimming the signs. Mark sighed, then shoved his hands into his pockets, yawning widely as we walked. The boy squeezed my hand, looking up at me.

"I like your hair." He commented. I blinked, looking down at him, then smiled.

"Thank you, I like yours too." I replied. The boy blushed and squeezed my hand again as he walked closer to me.

"Yours is prettier. I like blonde hair... It's like gold." He added brightly. I blushed and Mark snorted, elbowing me in the arm and making me glance at him as he shook his head. I rolled my eyes and looked away as we stepped onto Esther Ave. It was a dead-end street with old, crumbling houses. Most them were being used as boarding houses, and most of them were gray or brown, except the very last one on the left. A three story white house with the windows covered in tarps with a large barn in the back where several cars sat, indicating that it too was being used as a boarding house.

"Is this it?" I asked, looking at the boy, who beamed.

"Yup! Thank you so much!" He exclaimed. I smiled.

"No problem." I said, letting go of his hand. The boy started to go to the front door, then stopped and turned to face me with a shy smile.

"Can I touch your hair before I go? I wanna know if its soft." He added. I blinked and looked at Mark, who raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. I shrugged and crouched down to his size. The boy smiled and reached out, brushing his little fingers through my hair before touching my cheek. I looked at him, confused before my eyes widened when the boy leaned in and kissed me smack on the lips. His little hands touched my cheeks as he held my face still, kissing me on the mouth and his little tongue poking against my lips before he let go, stepping back.

"Bye bye!" He said, waving before hopping up the steps and vanishing into the house. I stood up, staring at the house before Mark started laughing and I blushed hard, glaring at him.

"What's so funny?!"

"Are you kidding me?! You were just molested by a six-year-old! That's hilarious!"

"It is not! Quit laughing!"

"Hahahahaha! Wait until I tell Storm about this! This is just great! Alexander Lee Grey, super powerful vampire, molested by a little six-year-old human! Hahahaha!" Mark turned down the sidewalk, laughing as he walked back toward the hotel and I hurried after him, blushing angrily.

"Shut up, Mark!"

"This is the best day ever! Hahahaha!"

"Stop laughing! Mark!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 26.6K 16
[Sequel to Love Bite] After the horrific events last fall, Alexander Lee Grey has decided that it's the human life for him. Hanging out with his only...
41.8K 1.5K 39
Life as a vampire is nothing like the myths that humans made up in the middle ages. Regular humans know that vampires exist, they just cannot determ...
22.5K 543 12
Alex parents kept secret from him. Alex is a gay boy, who falls for Danny. Danny is a werewolf and hes Alex's mate. family secret is found out Alex's...
842K 21.9K 13
{Yaoi/Slash/BoyxBoy/MxM/LGBT} Being a werewolf was hard enough, especially with a sister, Camellia, who is abusive towards him. But when Ethan, a you...