The Trouble with Faking It...

dearxxreader

Tyler Seguin Fanfiction Story: When Daisy Winters friend, Tyler Seguin - a professional hockey player for the... Еще

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Maybe Crazy Is Just The Kind Of Change I Need
Chapter 2: Everybody Is Attached To Something
Chapter 3: La Douleur Exquise
Chapter 4: Drunk On A Feeling
Chapter 5: Gonna Take A Little More Than Sweet-Talk To Sweep Me Off My Feet
Chapter 6: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Part 1
Chapter 7: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Part 2
Chapter 8: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 10: Here Comes Goodbye
Chapter 11: Almost Home
Chapter 12: I'm A Sucker For You
Chapter 13: Say Something Cause I'm Giving Up On You
Chapter 14: Loving You Had Consequences
Chapter 15: Where We Gonna Go From Here?
Chapter 16: This Love
Chapter 17: Don't Give Up On Me
Chapter 18: Go Ahead And Break My Heart
Chapter 19: When We Were Young
Chapter 20: Make You Feel My Love
Chapter 21: Everything Is About To Change
Chapter 22: Let Me Write You A Love Song
Chapter 23: Family Is Forever
Epilogue
afterword
bonus chapters/sequel?
SEQUEL

Chapter 9: You Are In Love

3.4K 41 3
dearxxreader

this is BY FAR the longest chapter this book has seen lol

important a/n: I insinuated in the beginning of this book that after Daisy's relationship with Dylan, she didn't have any other serious relationships but ignore that lol this chapter we learn who she dated before moving to Dallas.

also i think that somewhere i made it seem like the twins were older than Daisy but they are actually 1 year younger - daisy is 24 years old and the twins are 23 

and pardon my language but the timeline for this story is fucked up

the start of this book it says is in 2015 but i changed it to start in 2018 because the year in this story right now is 2019. sorry if its confusing lol

also this isnt edited

---

Chapter 9: you are in love

"And in the end,
we were all just humans...
drunk on the idea
that love, only love,
could heal our
brokenness."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

January 10th

"One doesn't just leave for no reason, Jaxon. Tell me what happened."

I stare through my phone screen at Jax who has a look of panic on his face. He returned home from Dallas to learn that Axel had left California without telling a soul where he was going. I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later because the environment he was in, living in our parents house, was unhealthy.

"Mom said that Axe and dad got into an argument Wednesday. She wouldn't give me the details, but you know what dad is like, Daisy."

"I know." I mutter.

He sighs. "I can't take any time off work, but I think I know where he might've gone. Can you take time off to fly there?"

"yeah." I say, already knowing where I'm headed. Jax sends me a painful smile.

"I know things didn't end well between you and Jo, but this is about Axel. So remember that, okay?"

"I'm not a child, Jaxon. I can handle seeing him." I say sharply but not completely believing my own words.

Jax raises a brow. "if you say so."

***

My mom was born in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, so Jax, Axel and I spent every summer there growing up, staying with our grandparents. It was there that Jax and Axel became quick friends with Jonathan Drouin.

Despite being younger than me, the three of them managed to make my summers a living nightmare. But like something out of a teen romance novel, when we were teenagers, Jo and I grew to develop feelings for each other. They were harmless of course; I was seventeen and he was sixteen.

It was the summer after Clara was born and after Dylan left. I was in a bad place and Jo was there when nobody else was. Mom said that I latched on to the first person after Dylan to show me affection and looking back, she was right. I used Jo because although we were young, I was lonely, and I took advantage of the stronger feelings that he had for me.

We dated on and off until we were both in our twenties. Jo was playing in the NHL by then and I was still in California trying to decide what to do. He asked me to go with him to Florida, I said no and that was the end of us.

We left off on horrible terms and I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

***

January 13th

I decided it best not to tell Jo I was coming to Montreal because if Axel was there, it would scare him away. I also didn't know how Jo would react to me showing up at his front door considering we haven't spoken in three years.

But like Jax said, this is about Axel.

So as I stand in front of Jo's front door, I keep repeating that fact in my head but when the door opens and I'm greeted with the sight of Jo standing there shirtless, I forget what I was going to say.

"Daisy?" He asks, looking beyond confused and I start to second guess if my plan to not tell him I was coming was a good idea.

"Um, yeah. Sorry to show up unannounced –ʺ

"Yeah, that is one word for it."

He's mad. Somebody who doesn't know him wouldn't be able to tell because there's nothing in his facial expression or tone to show that he is, but I know him.

Well, knew him.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was coming but I knew would probably say no."

"Damn right I would have."

I can't help but become angry at him. "Can you stop being a jerk for ten seconds? I need your help with something. Also, why are you not wearing a shirt? It's the middle of January and you live in Montreal."

My question is answered when I hear the voice of a girl calling out his name. He grimaces and I stare up at the sky in regret. Why do I always end up in these awkward situations?

I hand him my business card and start walking backwards. "Call me when your girlfriend leaves. I need your help."

"She's not my girlfriend." He mutters, staring at my card.

"Even better." I tell him, turning around and pulling my phone out of my pocket to call a Jordie for a ride.

I have dinner with Jordie and his lovely girlfriend Jessica. I always got along really well with Jessica, especially when they lived in Dallas. They offer for me to stay at their house but I don't know how long I'll be in Montreal so I tell them I will book a hotel.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Jo to call me. Especially tonight but around ten p.m. my phone rings, and a number with Montreal area code, I know it's him.

"Hello?" I mutter.

"Hey. It's Jo."

"Yeah, I guessed."

There's an awkward silence for at least a minute before he blows out a breath.

"What did you need help with?" He asks and I know he's already regretting this.

"Axel." I say and he's quiet for a moment.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Maybe we should talk in person." He says. "Are you staying with Jordie?"

"No, I'm at the Delta."

"I'll come to you."

I agree knowing it's a bad idea but to Hell with it, I guess.

After we end the call I look down at my old hoodie and sweatpants, wishing I looked decent. If this were five years ago, I wouldn't care what I was wearing but now, everything has changed.

***

Growing up, Axel was always closest with Jo because they shared a love for hockey and after a couple summers of playing street hockey every day, Jo finally convinced Axe to try out for the local hockey team in California.

And he was great at it, surprising us all. He loved it, and it quickly became apparent that Axel had a chance at making a career out of hockey. So, he trained hard and our dad pushed him even harder. So much that sometimes mom had to step in. Our dad sometimes pushed Axel too far and you could tell that it was making Axel feel overwhelmed – he once told me that it began to feel more like a chore, and I started worrying that he would soon lose his love for hockey. He stayed with it though and got a hockey scholarship and started to get ready for college.

But of course, The Night happened, and everything fell apart.

Whatever happened to cause that car crash – I was never told the exact specifics – it ruined Axel. He lost the scholarship and it ruined his reputation enough that no other schools would accept him.

All I know is that dad pulled some very thin strings that night which kept Axel from doing any jail time, but he couldn't fix the rest of the damage. Axel lost everything and because of that, our dad never forgave him.

***

It's close to eleven when Jo gets to my room. He gives me a small smile before coming in and sitting on the bed looking comfortable. I remember growing up with him he was always like this, making himself at home no matter where he was.

I tentatively sit next to him and we're both silent for a few minutes before he breaks it.

"He stopped at my house. Seemed really upset but wouldn't tell me why."

"It's our dad." I say quietly, not having to explain because Jo knows everything that happened.

Jo sighs. "He is never going to forgive Axel, is he?"

"No." I say, risking a glance at him. He looks good, more than good if I'm honest with myself but I try not to be these days because it always seems to get me in trouble.

He must feel my eyes on him because he turns to look at me, smirking. "See something you like?"

I roll my eyes. "Shut up." But I grin. "You look good. I'm proud of what you've done so far."

He grins back. "You did well for yourself too, mon ange."

"It's been a long time since you called me that." I laugh and he shrugs.

"That's what you will always be to me."

"Does that line work for you often?" I tease but he just smiles.

"I have only ever called you that."

I raise a brow. "Not even your girlfriend?"

He rolls his eyes. "She was not my girlfriend. I told you that." Giving me a curious look, he asks: "What about you? How are things going with Seguin?"

"Do you not use Instagram?"

I feel upset thinking about that picture. I shouldn't let it get to me because I know I should've expected that from Tyler, but I'm still shocked by it.

He shrugs. "I honestly thought that was you until I saw the comments."

"Yeah, well it wasn't. Obviously." I say, staring at the floor because now I really feel like crying.

He knocks his shoulder against mine. "Hey, what's wrong?"

I shake my head and use my sleeves to wipe under my eyes. "I shouldn't get upset over it. But I just – I don't know why."

Jo shrugs. "It sounds like you are in love."

I scoff, still staring at the floor. "That's ridiculous. I don't love him."

"You cannot choose who you love. It is a feeling, not a choice." He sighs. "It would be a lot easier if you could choose."

"Well, I don't love him."

Jo just hums. "If you say so."

I glare at him before flopping back on the bed, watching him lay down too.

"You have practice tomorrow?" I ask.

"Not until after lunch."

I glance at the clock and see that it's almost twelve. "It's late."

"Yes, it is."

"You can stay. If you want." I say but quickly add: "In a totally platonic way, of course."

He grins. "Absolutely platonic."

We lay in silence for a few minutes because I sigh and roll on my side so I'm facing him.

"Wanna make out?"

"Thought you would never ask." He mumbles.

***

January 14th

Jo leaves around 9, so I get ready to spend the day trying to find Axel. He has to still be in Montreal because I can't see where else he would go. Besides, the only way he would have been able to fly out of California is if my grandparents paid for it.

So I rent a car and drive to Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts. From Montreal, it's about an hour and a half drive so I have plenty of time to overthink about what happened between Axel and dad and what I can do to fix it. I know there will be no easy fix – I don't even know if I can repair what happened at all.

It's around noon by the time I pull in my grandparents driveway. There's an unfamiliar car parked in it and I can tell that it's a rental which confirms my suspicion that Axel is here.

My grandma Frances answers the door and the knowing look she has on her face tells me that she knows why I'm here.

"Come in my darling." She says, ushering me inside. A wave of nostalgia washes over me and I smile. My grandparents house hasn't changed much over the years which I love because it's one of the only constants in my always changing life.

I spot Axel sleeping on the couch when I walk inside. He looks exhausted and I feel guilty about being so angry that he left.

"He showed up here two nights ago." Grandma says quietly. "Looking like he needed to sleep for a week."

I glance at her and see that she's looking at Axel with such sadness in her eyes. There was always a certain wedge between our family. My moms parents resented my dad because he asked her to move so far away from home when she was only young. I don't think they ever really forgave him so when the time came to pick sides, my mom's parents chose Axel's side while my dads parents chose dad's side.

"Poor thing." She says but then turns to look at me. "Come sit and have some tea. Catch me up on what you have been doing."

Fifteen minutes later I'm sitting at the kitchen table telling my grandma everything that's happened. She knew I was "dating" Tyler. Of course, she didn't know it was all a lie but halfway through telling her everything, I find myself blurting out the truth.

"I wasn't actually dating him." I burst out and she doesn't even blink an eye.

In fact, a small smile comes across her face.

"I know."

"You know?" I balk. "How?"

She raises an eyebrow and sips her tea. "I may not see you often, but I know you Daisy. Now, tell me how he managed to talk you into this."

I stare at my cold tea, dreading giving her the answer to that question.

"Clara." I say quietly.

"Ah."

I look at her and she's not giving anything away in her expression.

"He said he would help me find her."

"But you haven't yet."

"I'm starting to think it's not a good idea."

She frowns. "I'll be honest with you Daisy. If this were three or four years ago, I would agree with you. But now? You're almost 25, my darling. You may not be ready to raise a child, but I think that you are in a good place in your life to at least try to meet her."

I shake my head. "Am I? With everything that's going on with Tyler and Axel, my plate is full. I don't have time to –ʺ

She cuts me off. "Those aren't your problems. Whatever happened for Tyler to do that, it's on him. He has to fix that."

"But –ʺ

"But nothing, Daisy. He made a mistake and I know you love him –ʺ

"Woah." I cut her off. "I don't love Tyler. Why does everyone keep saying that?"

She shrugs, "it's quite obvious, dear." Then she looks curious. "Who else said that?"

"Jo." I grimace and my cheeks heat up when she gives me a knowing look.

"You didn't have sex with Jonathan, did you?"

"Grandma!" I squeak and I know my face is beet red.

She laughs. "No need to react that way. You're not a teenager, Daisy."

"That doesn't mean I'm going to discuss those kind of intimate details of my life with you." I mumble. "but for the record, I didn't."

"That's good. Remember what I always say: stay classy –ʺ

"and never trashy." I finish. "you've been telling me that since I was sixteen."

She grins. "It's a good rule to live by."

I shake my head and laugh. "That's true."

She smiles gently. "and your grandpa and I are going to do everything in our power to help Axel. You don't need to worry about that."

I nod even though I'm not going to accept that. I gave up on Axe years ago and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

And I won't make it again.

***

A couple hours later, Axel wakes up. He doesn't look surprised to see me here, but I do notice him look for Jax.

"He couldn't come." I say quietly and Axel nods, a little sadly. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He shrugs, "thanks for coming."

"Anything for my little brother." I grin and feel hopeful when he grins back.

Our grandma cooks a large supper while grandpa asks me how I am and how Jaxon and mom are. I note that he doesn't ask how dad is but that isn't much of a surprise and I honestly can't blame him.

I spend the night at my grandparents house and by the next day, I feel comfortable enough to go back to Dallas knowing that my grandma and grandpa can help Axel. I'm not done though, I still want to help him, but I know that right now he needs space and I understand exactly what that feels like.

They see me off to the airport and while I'm waiting for my plane to board, I receive a text from Jo.

Jo: It was great having you here and I hope you know that you're welcome to visit anytime. Also, I really hope you work things out with Seguin. I can tell that you love him!

Me: you sound like my grandma lol

Jo: you visited Frances without me?!

Me: yep! If you want to visit her, you know the address.

Jo: I may just do that.

I shake my head and smile. She would be delighted to see him so hopefully he keeps his word.

Me: take care of Axe for me.

Jo: always.

***

I'm relieved when I finally land in Dallas. It was a long day of travelling and I'm excited to crawl in bed and sleep.

I'm not that fortunate though because when the taxi pulls in my driveway, there is a familiar figure sitting on the steps. He hops up when I get out of the taxi and walks over clearly planning to help carry my luggage, but I smack his hand away before he can.

"Seriously?" Tyler asks and I glare at him.

"How did you know I was coming home today?"

"I swore secrecy." He says but I have a feeling I know who it was, so I make a note to text Jo later.

I start walking up the driveway and I can hear him trailing behind me.

"What do you want?" I mutter and he sighs.

"To talk?" He asks hopefully and I snap.

Turning around, I glare at him and drop my suitcase.

"I thought I was a brick wall?" I say sharply and he cringes.

"I didn't mean –ʺ

"I don't care if you meant it!" I shout, knowing we have neighbours but not caring at the moment. "The fact is that you said it."

"Daisy –ʺ

"No. You're a real piece of work if you think you can do what you did and say what you said and still expect to just waltz back in my live expecting me to forgive you. We weren't even dating for God's sake and you still did that. How do I know that you won't do something like that if we were a real couple?"

"I wouldn't."

"Wow, that was so convincing."

"Daisy, c'mon."

"You said you wouldn't, and you fucking did." I shake my head. "Go home, Tyler."

"Daisy –ʺ

"I said, go home." I growl and he grits his teeth together but turns and walks away.

When I'm curled up in bed an hour later, my mind is racing. What Jo and my grandma said is messing with my head. I'm worried that even after what Tyler did, I'll forgive him because that's always been my problem.

I can't stay mad. I always end up forgiving people, even when they don't deserve it.

-------------------------------------------------------

a couple notes:

- GUYS im so sorry cause I know this is supposed to be a tyler daisy focused story but im loving axels storyline so much i wanna dig deeper into it lol and i also love jo drouin 

- BUT don't worry, daisy and jo WON'T be a couple in this story because I hate love triangles lol (we are all team seguin I hope hahaha)

 - also I know Drouin has a girlfriend in real life but for the sake of this story just pretend he doesn't  

- And Daisy didn't sleep with Jo – she's classy not trashy (as grandma frances says) but she's allowed to have fun and friends make out with friends all that time, right? or is that just me lol

- I know most won't care but I wanted to say that daisy's grandma frances is named after my late great grandmother who was one of the most wonderful people I know.

i think thats all i wanted to say but if i remember ill add it haha

i hope you guys like this chapter and thanks so much for reading!

-- Alex

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Sophia - #1 in the ice series Cristina <3

Любовные романы

523K 6.3K 71
"You need to stop it with the fighting, Wade! On and off the ice. You can get killed out there!" She yells. She was so worried. His plumped red lip a...
96.9K 1.2K 22
Dallas Stars player Tyler Seguin is a natural born troublemaker. Sports journalist Heather King was born and raised in a prim and proper lifestyle. ...
356K 4.5K 38
Harley and Tyler have been friends all their lives but can one mistake and an NHL draft ruin all of that? **COMPLETED** DISCLAIMER *This is all fake...
459K 7.2K 50
Meet Jamie Benn's bestfriend, a green eyed, blonde haired, Dallas star journalist, Nicola. Nicola has a really low tolerance when it comes to immatur...