Heart of the Duel: A Yu-Gi-Oh...

By ImagiWorksNation

Left in the shadows of her duel hungry boyfriend Seto Kaiba, young Kira Ellen wishes to make her own way into... More

1: An Unfair Attack
2: The Changing Current
3: Attack of the Moths
4: Bracing the Sting
5: Disappointment of the Duel
6: Taking the Bait
8: Winner Takes It All
9: A Game of Roulette
10: The Shadow Realm
11: Seto's Return
12: Inner Wounds
13: Doubts and Demons
14: Tricks Up the Sleeve
15: Honorable Duel
16: All the Cards
17: The Millennium Eye
18: Relinquished
19: Trapped
20: the King of Games
21: the Power of Light
22: the Millennium Necklace

7: A Bet of Souls

560 16 0
By ImagiWorksNation

        "Wow, Yugi! Téa exclaimed as they walked along the shoreline. "I can't believe you already won six star chips!"

Tristan laughed. "Yeah! Pretty soon you'll have the ten you need to get into Pegasus' castle, and rescue your grandpa!"

Joey sighed. "I wish I had more star chips."

Kira smiled at him. "Don't worry about it, Joey, you're doing fine. You'll be able to help your sister out soon."

Joey looked at the ground bashfully. "I sure hope so..."

"HELP!" A shout echoed in the distance.

Tristan stiffened, getting in front of everyone protectively. "What's that?"

"Help me, somebody, please!"

They all looked ahead to see a boy being dragged away by one of Pegasus' men. Kira watched as she remembered his name was Kemo.

"Let go of me, somebody help me!" the boy shouted, trying to get away.

Tristan ran forward. "Hold on, kid, we're comin'!"

"Help, you gotta help me!"

They followed as Tristan charged into Kemo and they got into a scuffle. Kemo shoved Tristan to the ground before grabbing the kid, who had tried to escape.

Yugi shouted at Kemo. "What do you think you're doin'?"

Kemo frowned. "This is none of your business. This duelist lost his star chips. And the rules say he's to be kicked off the island!"

"But I didn't lose my chips in a duel, they were stolen from me! My cards, too!"

"I don't care what lame excuse you have, kid, you need star chips to duel and you haven't got any, so you're shippin' outta here!" Kemo rolled his eyes. "Those're the rules. Those are my orders from Pegasus himself." He started dragging the kid away, leaving them behind.

Tristan stood up, brushing the dust off of him. "Ugh, that big creep! I say we follow him!"

Everyone nodded in agreement and slowly followed behind Kemo and the kid. Kemo led the kid to the dock and forced him into a row boat.

"Hey, you!" Yugi called, as he and his friends walked onto the dock.

"You again?" Kemo groaned.

Yugi looked at the kid. "What did the guy who stole your star chips look like?"

The kid stuttered. "Well, I couldn't see his face. I-it was covered with a bandanna. But he was a little guy, and he challenged me in the meadow."

"He challenged you to a Duel Monsters game?" Kira asked in confusion.

"Yeah." The kid gave her a nod. "But as soon as I put my star chips and Duel Monsters deck down, he snatched 'em up and ran off with them!"

Yugi narrowed his eyes. "You shouldn't be shipped off the island for that! We'll get your star chips back."

Kemo shook his head. "This boat leaves in exactly thirty minutes. Anyone without a star chip ships out."

"Then we'll get his chips back by that time." Téa glared at him.

Tristan nodded. "We won't let you bully him out of the game!"

"Nope! We'll catch that little thief and bring him to justice! Believe me, kid, you can count on us to track him down and get those star chips back!"Joey assured the kid.

They quickly ran off towards the inner island, searching for a kid wearing a bandanna. After some time had passed, the beating sun was causing them to slip into exhaustion as they trekked onwards.

"Do you think the kid is doing this to other people too?" Kira asked, raising her eyebrows. She wiped sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand.

"I don't know, Kira," Joey answered, looking around.

"Why don't we rest for a bit. We've been walking for a while now." Yugi let out a deep breath.

The others all murmured in agreement and they stopped in a shady area close by. They sat down and enjoyed relieving their aching feet. Kira became relaxed in the peacefulness and let the sun warm her face. Suddenly a small person jumped out of the bushes behind them and everyone jumped to their feet. Kira gasped in surprise and clenched her fists up.

"That must be the kid we were looking for!" Joey exclaimed.

Tristan smirked. "I can handle him!"

Téa snorted. "I hope so, you're twice his size!"

The kid growled and spoke in a childlike voice. "Just try me, ya big dork!" Kira snapped her head in the kid's direction. She knew that voice.

Tristan fired back, "Back off, kid!"

Joey crossed his arms. "And hand over the star chips you swiped from that other duelist!"

Yugi turned to his friends. "Hold on. I think I know what this kid's after. He wants to duel." Joey and Tristan muttered in confusion and Yugi looked at Mokuba. "That's what you want, right? You wanna duel me?"

"Aww, you better believe it!" The kid's eyes lit up.

"Wait!" Kira shouted and the kid turned to face her. His eyes grew wide.

"Kira..." the boy said in surprise.

"Mokuba?" she asked and the young boy took off his bandanna to reveal that he was the brother of Seto Kaiba.

Everyone gasped and Mokuba nodded. "I've been trying to find you."

"Ugh, Seto's going to kill me. What are you doing here!" Kira said sternly. "I told you to stay at home!"

"I'm not here because I want to be!" Mokuba angrily stated.

"Why are you stealing star chips, Moku?" she questioned and grabbed his wrist. "Come on, you are going to give them back to the people you stole them from."

"No!" Mokuba shouted in fury and tore his wrist out of her grasp. "I'm not going anywhere until I duel Yugi!" He glared at Yugi.

"Mokuba this isn't a game," Kira told him.

'Let him duel,' Yami's voice said to Kira and Yugi.

"It's fine, Kira," Yugi responded, giving her a nod. "I'll do it."

Kira frowned. "Fine."

Everyone gathered on the sidelines of a nearby arena as Yugi and Mokuba took their places at the podiums.

Joey sighed. "I don't get it. Why is Yugi goin' to the trouble of duelin' this guy, when we can just take those star chips away from him?"

"Y'know sometimes I don't think even Yugi knows why he does half the stuff he does." Tristan shrugged,

Joey laughed quickly. "Huh. Yeah, it's kinda weird. D'ya think it has something to do with his Millennium Puzzle?"

Kira looked up as Joey said that and saw the Yugi was transforming into Yami.

Yami gave Mokuba a smile. "Now, how many star chips will you wager?"

"To wipe you out?" Mokuba yelled. "Five!"

Yami nodded with a small chuckle. "Then five it is, but only because I think I know why you're doing this."

Mokuba narrowed his eyes. "I don't care what you think, Yugi, 'cause I think you're gonna lose!"

Tristan, Joey, and Téa discussed something to one another but Kira looked worriedly up at Mokuba. How did he get here? Why did he want to duel Yugi?

"Duel!" Both duelists shouted.

Kira thought back to the moment she had noticed Mokuba's shift in behavior.

Kira was standing in Kaiba's office, trying to get him to go to lunch with her. He hadn't moved since the battle he lost to Yugi and refused to leave his desk chair. Kaiba was ignoring Kira as she tried to pull his attention away from his thoughts.

"Are you even hearing me, Seto?" Kira asked him and he flickered his eyes to her.

"Yes."

"Seto!" Mokuba entered the office suddenly, a smile on his face. "We need to start packing for the tournament!"

Kaiba stared blankly at him. "I'm not going, Mokuba."

Kira frowned as Mokuba's face fell. "Not going? Why not?"

Kaiba raised his voice in anger. "There's no point!"

"Seto!" Kira scolded.

"Whaddaya mean, "no point"?" Mokuba asked, his eyes starting to tear up.

"Kid, I am in no condition to duel anyone." Kaiba gave his brother a dark look.

"He's just had a bad day, Mokuba," Kira said quickly. "Why don't you-"

The young boy interrupted. "Whadd're you talking about? You always say, 'cards are power' and you've got all the strongest cards!"

Kaiba looked down, his eyes painfully staring at the floor. "Since I lost my duel with Yugi, I just don't know what I think anymore. Everything's different, it feels as if I lost a piece of myself that day!"

"But Seto, you're the best," Mokuba murmured. "You're the champ." Kira felt a tear fall down her face at how heartbroken the young boy was.

"Not since the day I was defeated by Yugi." Kaiba sighed and pulled a card out of his pocket, throwing it at his brother. "Here, Mokuba. I'm going away for a while. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Keep this. It was always your favorite."

"Seto what are you talking about?" Kira demanded. "You can't leave."

"Why? Why're you leaving?" Mokuba shouted in confusion as Kaiba started to leave the office.

"Because I don't know who I am anymore. Take care, kid." Seto gave a weak smile to Mokuba before leaving the room.

"Seto, don't go!" Mokuba cried out.

"Hold on Moku. I'll talk to him!" Kira told him before stomping after Kaiba angrily.

She entered his room and glared as he pulled a suitcase from his closet.

"Seto what's wrong? Talk to me," she begged him as he angrily packed things into his suitcase.

"I can't be here right now!" Kaiba shouted, slamming his suitcase shut. "I have to go!"

"You can't leave!" Kira exclaimed, hurt by his choice. "The tournament is this week. You are just going to leave me?"

"I can't go to the tournament. Remember I lost to that loser that you so bravely stood up for." He glared at her. "Besides don't bother going. You won't be there long anyways."

"What's that supposed to mean, Seto!" She shouted, following him as he stormed out of the room.

"These are the best people in the world, Kira! You are no match."

His words stung but Kira wasn't letting him go easily. "What about Mokuba! You're just going to leave him by himself?"

"He'll be fine! The Big Five will watch him!" Kaiba turned to face her, his hand on the door to the building.

"What about me?" She cried. "What about us?" She gestured between them. "You can't leave me like this. I love you."

Kaiba looked down darkly. "About that..." He faced her, his eyes cold. "You are a distraction and in the way. I think we need to take a break."

She let out a shaky breath, "What?" She was crushed.

"Don't follow me or contact me. Get your own life. Just leave me alone," he told her sharply, walked out the door. He held it open for a moment in hesitation. Kira felt hope course through her heart but it vanished into oblivion not a moment later. "Goodbye Kira."

Kira fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. She muffled a sob as she heard footsteps behind her.

"He really left?" Mokuba asked, also crying.

Kira nodded and cleared her throat. "He did." She tried to remain strong for the kid.

Mokuba shook. "What are we going to do?"

"Huh? My monster lost?" Mokuba's cry tore Kira back to the present. She looked up at the arena and saw Mokuba lose 600 life points.

MOKUBA 1400 - YUGI 2000

Yami smirked. "You can't win a duel with cards that don't rightfully belong to you. How could your heart ever live in cards that belong to someone else?"

"Be quiet. I don't believe in that Heart of the Cards stuff you keep preachin' about," Mokuba shouted in frustration. "Cards have nothin' to do with heart. It's all about power!" He frowned with narrowed eyes. "Seto Kaiba is my brother, and he's the best duelist that there ever was. He never used the "Heart of the Cards" and he was the champ." Tears gathered in the boy's eyes. "But now, thanks to you, he's gone! And Pegasus is trying to take over KaibaCorp!"

"Huh?!" Kira exclaimed in shock.

"Pegasus wants KaibaCorp?" Yami asked, clearly rattled by the news.

Mokuba looked to Kira. "Kira, after you left the Big Five plotted with Pegasus to get KiabaCorp. They kidnapped me and brought me here to this island. Without Seto, no one can save KiabaCotp!" He turned back to Yami. "I dunno what you did to my big brother when you dueled, Yugi, but ever since that defeat, he hasn't been the same. Ugh... It's all your fault! Seto deserted me 'cause of you!"

"You don't understand," Yami tried to explain. "Mokuba, your brother hasn't deserted you. He's searching for himself."

"Liar! He left me and Kira behind and alone!" Mokuba angrily shouted. "Tell it to my monster! Go, Krokodilus!"

Yami's monster, a Winged Dragon, easily wiped away Mokuba's attack and his monster. "Battling me won't bring your brother back. And we want to stop Pegasus as much as you do! He's taken my grandfather prisoner."

MOKUBA 1100 - YUGI 2000

Joey took a step forward, gaining the young kid's attention. "That's right! Pegasus is the bad guy here! Can'tcha see that, you crazy little kid?"

Mokuba scoffed. "You're wrong! I have to protect my brother's company, and Yugi's the one Pegasus has to beat in order to take it over!"

Téa suddenly stiffened and said, "Wait, I get it. Mokuba is trying to save his brother's company by defeating Yugi in a duel, so Pegasus doesn't get to face Yugi at all!"

Tristan and Joey immediately started squabbling over something in response to Téa but Kira interrupted them. "She is saying that if Mokuba can keep Pegasus from beating Yugi, he won't be able to take over Seto's company."

Yami spoke aloud to her. "Ah, that must be it! Hey, where'd he go?"

Everyone stiffened when they realized the boy was no longer on the podium. Yami let out a startled gasp and Kira turned to see Mokuba jump on Yami's podium and grab his star chips.

"If I can't beat you! I'll have you disqualified!" The kid shouted at them before running towards the beach.

"My star chips!" Yami exclaimed and raced after him.

"Mokuba! Mokuba stop!" Kira was close behind Yami, trying to help the boy little boy she knew so well.

"Hold up, ya little punk!" Tristan called from behind her, the others running as well.

"Mokuba, listen to me! You'll never save Kaiba Corporation that way!" Kira shouted angrily.

The kid stopped and Kira ran up to Yami's side. Yami had halted immediately was giving her a surprised look as a reaction to her outburst. They all stared at her as she and Mokuba glared at each other.

"Remind me to never piss her off," Joey whispered to Tristan.

"Shut up Joey," Kira ordered sharply, her eyes not leaving Mokuba. She paused before speaking again in a much gentler tone. "Mokuba, you know that this is wrong. Even if Yugi wins the tournament, Pegasus will still pursue KaibaCorp. I mean, think about it Moku! He kidnapped you to probably use you as leverage against Seto and because you are the heir to the company."

"So are you," Mokuba told her and her eyes widened.

"What?"

"You are also an heir to KaibaCorp. Seto and I sat down once to write up the document and you are third to take over if something were to happen to me and Seto." Mokuba looked pale and dull as if he was sickly.

"Could that be why those guys tried to kidnap you too?" Tristan asked and everyone looked to him.

"Possibly," Kira said quietly before looking back at Mokuba. "Whatever we do, Pegasus is not going to surrender. He steals people souls and is ruthless with power. He has no honor unlike you and Seto."

"Seto left us remember!" Mokuba cried. "What kind of honor is that?"

Kira tried to think of something to say, but Yami saved her from hesitation. "Your big brother is just confused." He took a step towards Mokuba. "After I defeated Kaiba in our duel, I opened his mind. I removed from him all the dark influences that clouded his thoughts and actions. Free of that evil essence, Kaiba is struggling. Now your brother realizes that his way wasn't the right way, and he's searching his heart for answers. And you know in your heart what you're doing isn't the right way either."

Mokuba closed his eyes. "But then... what can I do?"

Yami grinned lightly at him. "You can start by trusting in me, and together we will defeat Pegasus! I promise you, we can only bring Pegasus down if we stick together. We'll help you protect your brother, Mokuba, but you've got to help us, okay? You've got to go back and return those cards and star chips to the kid you stole them from."

Kira smiled at Yami's kindness to the boy and admired him for that.

Mokuba nodded. "You're right, Yugi. Then we'll take on Pegasus together!"

"We've only got three minutes left 'til the boat leaves!" Téa announced.

"Let's get going, Mokuba!" Yami said and began sprinting.

Mokuba followed him. "Let's do it!"

Everyone raced across the forest and bounded down the hillside to reach the beach.

"Hurry, we're almost there!" Téa encouraged.

Tristan grunted. "We're gonna just make it!"

Yami cried out as he saw the boats already crossing the ocean to where the ship was anchored off the shore. "What?"

They all panted as the reached the dock. Mokuba gasped. "The boat! It's already left!"

Joey growled, his eyes meeting Kemo's back. "And there's the sleazy lowlife that shipped 'em out!"

"You're too late, those losers are on their way back home," Kemo said in amusement, not bothering to face them.

Téa narrowed her eyes. "Hey! That's not fair, it hasn't been a half-hour yet!"

Kemo chuckled as he turned around. "Tough luck. Pegasus sets the schedule here!"

"That's it, I'm gonna give you a flat top!" Joey muttered through gritted teeth and Kira put her hand on his chest to hold him back.

"You've gotta call the boat back," Mokuba said to Kemo, approaching him with a palm full of star chips. "I've gotta return that kid's star chips to him!" Kemo smirked and knocked his hand away. All the star chips flew to the side and plopped into the water, falling quickly into the deep and dark water.

Yami gasped. "The star chips!"

"What gives?" Joey shouted and Kira now let him go. "A buncha those star chips belonged to Yugi, ya big jerk!"

Mokuba turned his back to Kemo and met Yugi's gaze with near tears. "I'm so sorry Yugi."

Kemo laughed with a scowl. "Ha! You losers should keep a tighter grip on your valuables, don'tcha think? Then accidents like that wouldn't happen!" Suddenly Kemo grabbed Mokuba violently. "Let's go, you; back to the cage! This little ingrate is a special guest of Mister Maximillion Pegasus, and he's been invited to attend a special dinner in his honor back at the castle. Right, Mokuba?"

Everyone exclaimed in shock, their eyes widened with terror.

Mokuba let out a small and panicked gasp.

Yami gritted his teeth. "Put him down!"

"Wait!" Kira sharply demanded and all eyes landed on her. She walked up to Kemo. "Let's solve this now! I challenge you to a duel Kemo, and if I win, Mokuba comes with us and you leaves all of us alone! If I lose, you can take all my star chips and I'll be out of the tournament,"

Kemo thought for a moment. "Okay, Kira Ellen. Meet me back at Arena One-Forty-Six in exactly an hour and you'll have your duel." Kira sighed in relief but then he continued. "But if you lose, you have to give up all your star chips and you will have to come with me."

'Say no, Kira!' Yami told her fiercely. 'That's too risky!'

She didn't respond and looked at her feet.

'I'll fight him.' He was trying to change her mind. But it wouldn't work.

Kira hesitated but then narrowed her eyes. "Deal."

"Kira wait," Yami urged.

"Ya.....Yugi, you have to take Pegasus down," she told him. "You can't afford to gamble away all of your star chips!"

Kemo chuckled and then pushed past them. "See you soon."

The others said nothing as Kira turned to the end of the dock and faced the ocean.

Yami walked up to her. "Kira..."

'It's too late to convince me now,' she mentally told him. 'I'm doing this.'

"I wasn't going to try to convince you," Yami said out loud softly, causing her to flinch in surprise.

"I'll be okay," she said, not facing him. "Don't worry about me. All you need to focus on is getting the rest of your star chips and beating Pegasus."

'Kira,' Yugi's voice sounded in her head. She looked and saw Yami still watching her.

Kira turned to face the others. "Go on without me. Joey you have prize money to win. And you..." She looked at Yami. "You need to save your grandpa."

"We aren't going anywhere, Kira," Joey said firmly, giving her a nod.

"Yeah, we have your back," Téa told her, walking forward and grabbing her hands in support. "Anyone who messes with you messes with us."

"Always. We are here for you," Tristan added.

She turned and looked at Yami who gave her a curt nod.

But Yugi's voice spoke in her mind for him. 'I won't let them take you.'

After an hour of waiting anxiously, the group made their way back to the arena where Mokuba had fought Yugi, Arena 146. Kemo was no where to be seen.

Joey looked around. "Well, we're here. Where's antenna-head?"

"Yugi! Kira!" Mokuba called. Kemo was holding him tightly, leaving bruises on his arms. "Get him off me!"

Yami pointed at Kemo. "Mokuba! Put him down, now!"

Kemo smirked. "I'll consider it, if you win the duel."

"No," Kira said, stepping forward. "You will once I beat you!"

"I never said I would duel," Kemo chuckled loudly before gesturing to the arena. "There is your opponent!" She followed his gaze and froze, every inch of her body in shock. "He's an old friend who's dying to see you again! He met with an unfortunate end earlier today, but, he's come back just to duel you."

Tears fell down Mokuba's face. "What're you saying?"

Kira shook as she cleared her voice, looking up to meet the gaze of her opponent. "Seto?"

Kaiba laughed loudly, the sound errily echoing around them. "Yes, my dear Kira. It's me, Kaiba! You don't stand... a ghost of a chance!"

Yugi exclaimed, "A ghost?"

Mokuba cried out. "Stop it, Kemo!"

"It's a fact," Kemo told them. "Two witnesses saw him fall to his doom."

All of them let out gasps of shock and fear. Kira felt her knees give in, her eyes falling away from the shadowy figure of her former boyfriend as she collapsed on her knees. Yami ran to her side, gently holding her shoulder as she took deep breaths. She covered her mouth with her hand and tears threatened to spill.

Mokuba screamed. "Liar! Take back what you said!"

"Get used to it. All that's left of Kaiba are your memories. Plus a very cranky ghost just lookin' for revenge!" Kemo taunted.

"It's not him!" Yami said forcefully. Kira stood up slowly and narrowed her eyes at Kemo.

"Well, he's seen better days." Kemo shurgged. "It's time to duel, with the ghoul!"

Kira held out her hand. "Enough with your banter, Kemo." Tears ran down her face as she turned to Evil Kaiba. "Whether you are Seto or not, I will duel you for Mokuba's freedom."

"Kira, you don't have to do this," Joey said as she walked the podium opposite of Evil Kaiba.

"Yeah, Yugi will duel him for you," Tea told her, looking at Yami hopefully.

'I will,' Yami told Kira as she stood on the podium, glaring at Kaiba.

"No, I must do this myself," she said aloud to everyone, not looking away from her former boyfriend.

Kaiba snickered. "Kira, you look like you've seen a ghost."

Yami gritted his teeth and shouted, "That's enough! Leave her alone."

Kaiba's head snapped towards Yami. "I am no longer of this world, and it's all because of you!" Yami stiffened. "I could have had it all, but when you beat me, you took more than just the match. You stole my life and destroyed my soul."

"You are wrong Kaiba," Kira spoke up, shuffling her cards. She felt more confident. "You already had it all. You have a family. You had Mokuba. You had me...." She veered her eyes up at him. "If you really were Seto you would know that because nothing is more important than family! You might look like him, but there is no way you can imitate his deck."

"You mean my deck."

Mokuba shouted out. "Beat him, Kira! He's nothing but a fake!"

Joey tried to help. "Yeah, that ghost don't even look like Kaiba!"

"That's right!" Tea agreed and the paused. "Wait, I mean, it's not a ghost and it's not Kaiba!"

"Kira you got this." Tristan smiled at her.

"We are all here for you," Yami said. His eyes were watching her and she smiled. It was odd seeing him down there with the others.

"Kemo, once I beat Kira, Pegasus can have Kaiba Corporation!" Kaiba ordered the man who was still strangling Mokuba. "And then send the souls of my brother and my beautiful Kira into the shadow realm."

"No!" Yami shouted.

Kaiba flashed Kira a smile. "Let's duel. Guess I'll go first.I'll start off with the Hitotsu-Me Giant!"

Kira blinked in surprise. 'That is one of Seto's favorite cards. Could it be a coincidence?'

"Hm, is something wrong?" Kaiba pressed. "It's your turn to move, Kira Kira."

'The Hitotsu-Me Giant... is how Kaiba began our last duel.' Yami exchanged a look with her.

'I know....'

Mokuba blinked, also noticing it. "There's a card just like that in my brother's deck..."

Joey tried to comfort him. "Hey, just 'cause it's the same card doesn't mean it's the same deck!"

Kira looked down at her deck before placing a card down. "I'll start with this card. Go, Spirit of the Winds!"

Kaiba's monster was destroyed.

Kira frowned. "So much for your giant."

KAIBA 1500 - KIRA 2000

"Starting out strong I see," Kaiba laughed at her smugly.

"Did you see that?" Joey hissed. "That carbon-copy Kaiba's laughin'!"

Kaiba smirked at her and she blinked as he teased her. "If you're wrong and this is my deck, you know you have no chance of defeating me. You are merely an amateur dueler and how you got into this tournament was a fluke set up by Pegasus to bring you to him willingly." Yami glared at him. "Kira you have no chance to win. Your fate is sealed."

"Are you here to play head games, or Duel Monsters!" Kira responded calmly, her eyes focused on her opponent. "It's time for your move."

Kaiba drew from his deck and then smirked. "It's gonna blow your mind! This next card's a blast from the past with the emphasis on blast!" He placed down the card and the Blue-Eyes White Dragon roared to life in front of her. "I attack with the Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"

Everyone gasped in unison. Yami was staring at the dragon in shock, not believing his eyes.

"That's impossible!" Kira shouted in grief, realization dawning on her slowly.

"Only one deck has got that card!" Joey said in horror, his mouth agap.

"That means..." Mokuba hung his head. "What they say, could it be true?"

"Looks like the advantage is mine!" Kaiba bragged, studying Kira's confusion.

'So this really is Kaiba's deck.' Yami thought to her. 'There's no other explanation. But does that mean that Kaiba... Kaiba is really...'

"Not having a real body isn't so bad," the evil person spoke. "You would not believe what I save in food bills alone. But I still get to enjoy the finer things in life."

Mokuba pleaded, "Shut up! Please, someone make him go away!"

"Ha, almost breaks my heart... if I had one." Kaiba started chuckling at Kira's shocked state. "I won't attack just yet. Why rush to victory when I can draw it out as long as possible instead?" He put a card upside down on the field.

"Spirit! Switch to defense mode!" Kira shouted frantically.

"Smart playing, Kira. Unfortunately, it wasn't smart enough. It's time! Blue-Eyes White Dragon, use your White Lightning!"

Kira's monster was destroyed as the Blue-Eyes let out a large blast of light.

KAIBA 1500 - KIRA 300

'How can I defeat his Blue-Eyes White Dragon?' Kira asked herself desperately. She looked at her deck. 'I'm toast.'

'Don't worry,' Yami said and she met his eyes. 'We are here for you.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transcripts used in this chapter was modified from . Thanks to the website host for allowing me to use them.

I do not own "Yu-Gi-Oh" or its characters and plot. I am simply adding to the original story with new characters and a few alterations. This a work of fan fiction.

ImagiWorksNation

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 145 31
Emiko Kaiba isn't exactly on the best of terms with her older brother, Seto. When Yugi Muto defeats Seto in one fateful duel, the eldest Kaiba is lef...
10.9K 172 17
Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, the Egyptian Kings played a game of great and terrible power. But these Shadow Games erupted into a war...
34.1K 877 22
Kaiba was known as a cold-hearted man who didn't believe in fantasies. Until now. When he saved Mokuba's life from the exploding ship, he thought he...
360 15 15
Duelist Kingdom is won and everyone is safe once more. Joey is able to help his sister and save her sight. Upon helping Serenity, Joey meets her frie...