Fake Smiles and Cut Wrists

By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

TRIGGER WARNING 14 year old Chandler Russell has a hard life to say the least. His dad is a drunk who beats h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: FINAL CHAPTER!

Chapter 24

112 5 6
By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

Chandler's POV
Andy and I were sitting in the waiting room, getting ready to see Laura before she had to have surgery. I was really nervous about her getting the surgery, even though she's as tough as nails.

I can't believe how strong she is, she doesn't even seem scared.

"Laura Weston?" I heard that nurse call out. Andy and I slowly followed her into Laura's room.

"Hey, Chandler." Laura said weakly when we came in her room. I know something wasn't right, she doesn't do anything weakly. I slowly walked over to her.

"A-Are you feeling better?" I asked her. "Honestly I feel like I just got hit by a bus." She said.

I felt really guilty, I pulled up a chair and sat by her hospital bed.

"I-I'm so sorry, Laura." I said quietly.

"I already told you it's not your fault, if you don't stop apologizing I'll beat you up." She said smiling.

"Okay, sorry. I-I mean o-okay." I sounded like an idiot. I swear I'm the most awkward kid that's ever walked the earth.

All of a sudden, Laura clutched her chest tightly and was groaning in pain. "L-Laura?!" I yell.

Andy went to get a nurse, but the heart monitor kept beeping faster and faster.

"I need everyone out!" A nurse yelled, but I couldn't leave her. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Andy.

"Come on, buddy. They'll help her but we gotta get out of here." He said.

I looked at Laura, they were pumping her chest and I noticed she wasn't breathing.

3rd Person POV

Andy practically had to drag Chandler out of Laura's room. Chandler was struggling and begging Andy to let him go, but he couldn't be in there while the doctors worked.

Eventually, Chandler calmed down and was crying into Andy's shoulder. "She can't d-die Andy. I-I love her." Chandler cried.

"She's not gonna die. She'll be okay." Andy reassured.

The next morning

"Payton did you brush your teeth?" Andy called from downstairs.

"Yes!" She called back.

When both Chandler and Payton came downstairs, Andy had already prepared breakfast for them.

"Eat, before you both miss the bus. Oh and I'm also picking you both up after school today. Payton you have soccer practice and Chandler I'm taking you to the hospital." Andy said to them.

"Y-yes sir." Chandler said, while Payton just nodded and kept eating.

"Chandler, you gonna eat anything?" Andy asked. "I-I'm not really hungry." Chandler mumbled.

"Okay, but eat lunch alright?" Andy said.

"Yes sir." Chandler replied. "H-how's Laura?" Chandler asked in a quiet voice. "She's stable, and the surgery was a success. She'll be okay, don't worry. You just take it easy, in case you forgot you're still recovering too." Andy answered.

"Yeah but, I don't care about me. As long as she's okay..." Chandler said, standing up and grabbing his bookbag. He still limped when he walked, but not near as bad as he was.

"You still gotta take care of yourself, kid." Andy said. "Yes sir." Chandler said and walked to the bus stop.

"Dad, is Laura Chandler's girlfriend?" Payton asked once Chandler was out the door.

Andy laughed. "Something like that I'm guessing." He answered.

--------------------------------------------------

Chandler stepped on the bus to see Jared sitting in the front.

"Awe man! They didn't keep him this time!" He yelled. Chandler ignored him and went to sit next to Zay.

"Are you okay? Is Laura?" Zay asked in a panicked voice.

"L-Laura's in the hospital. Sh-she got shot, but she's gonna be okay." Chandler said, voice threatening to break.

"She is. She's too strong to die now." Zay reassured.

"Sup losers! Guess who rides your bus now!" Zay and Chandler turned to see where the voice was coming from.

It was Parker, who came and sat in the seat beside them. They both noticed Parker had a fat lip and a black eye.

"Hey, Parker. What happened to you?" Zay asked.

"Oh, that guy on Friday, he got mad because I wasn't afraid of him, or death for that matter. So he pistol whipped me! Can you believe that?" Parker said as if it was something to be proud of.

"Yep." Chandler mumbled. Apparently not quietly enough.

"Oh, wait he was looking for you wasn't he? That guy is so creepy I swear, why was he looking for you again?" Parker asked.

Chandler shrugged. "He's a psycho." He said simply. "He took you guys too, I was freaking out. Did he do anything?" Zay asked.

"Yeah. He shot Laura." Chandler said and looked down. "That's all he did, right?" Zay asked.

"That's all he did that I care about. I-I've never wanted to kill someone before I met him but now..." Chandler trailed off.

"We get it, man." Zay said and put his hand on Chandler's shoulder.

---------------------------------------------------

At school, everything ran pretty smoothly. Except for after 8th period.

Chandler, Parker and Zay were all walking down the hallway. "Hey, freak!" Jared yelled, walking towards Chandler, Zay and Parker.

"What do you want?" Parker asked. "Nothing to do with you. Hey Chandler, did they pull the plug on your little girlfriend yet?" Jared asked, and everyone knew he went too far.

Chandler's back was to Jared, and he hadn't turned around yet.

But Zay knew it was about to go down. He still remembered when he himself pushed Laura, and how Chandler reacted.

And that was back when Chandler and Laura barely knew each other.

Chandler slowly took off his bookbag and threw it on the ground, Zay knew there was no point in trying to stop him.

Then he took his hoodie off, which he never did. Zay was beginning to think Chandler was getting ready to kill Jared.

Chandler took his hoodie off and threw it on the ground, turning to look at Jared.

Jared has never seen Chandler like this before. He knew he messed up this time, but he couldn't let Chandler know that.

"She's better off dead anyways." Jared said and Chandler punched him in the nose.

He followed Jared to the ground and kept hitting him and hitting him.

"Don't ever talk about her again, do you understand me?" He was holding Jared's head up by his collar. When he didn't say anything Chandler threw his head back on the floor. Chandler sure was lucky there weren't any teachers around.

When Chandler walked back to his friends he grabbed his bookbag and hoodie and looked at Zay and Parker.

"Sorry but I'm not letting anyone talk about Laura like that." He said, rage never leaving his eyes. "I-I didn't know you had that in you." Parker said.

Chandler didn't say anything but focused on his bloody knuckles. He felt the guilt sinking in, knowing he must look so much like his own father right now.

I hope y'all enjoyed, thanks for reading!!

And Chandler ↓↓

He's a little cut off lol but my friend (IBF) sent it to me for me to use so here we go!

Also

I know Autumn isn't a huge part of the story yet, BUT SHE WILL BE! and here she is

AND GUYS!

576 READS?! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?! THANK YOU GUYS!

Oki byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 2.3K 61
My name Is Audrey. I used to live in a prison, but not for a while now. I went back recently, to find it destroyed. I looked for my friends, thinking...
75.9K 2.8K 47
|Book Two of the 'Forever' trilogy| Sequel to 'Forever Alone // Carl Grimes.' "Your journey will be hard. It will test the limits to your love for th...
108K 3.5K 47
Julianna Wilson always had it rough ever since her mothers passing, men forcing themselves on her, Julia's grandmothers forceful religion, and her ab...
28.8K 966 38
James Martin Just moved to Woodstock Georgia with his parents and younger sister. James is obsessed with the show 'The Walking Dead'. Mostly because...