The Billionaire's Assistant t...

By ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... More

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Friendly Kiss
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Two Peas in a Pod
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
Violet Starr
The Wedding
Noah's Footsteps
Distracting Scarlett
A Big Family
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

Christmas Party

9.6K 489 6
By ShafiraSardar

Today was the Christmas party. Initially Lucian wasn't looking forward to it, it was too stressful for his liking but as he waited in Scarlett's living room for her to join him he got pretty excited about it. She showed him the dress she'd wear when they tricked his mother at the beach house. She told him he needed to match his suit to her dress.

That wasn't too difficult since he wore a classic tuxedo.

He was excited to see what she looked like the dress. He had seen her in her professional wear and also in her casual wear. She looked pretty in both of them but now he'd see her in a fancy dress which showed a bit of skin and he couldn't wait to see her in it.

She definitely got under his skin.

He shifted in his seat, grabbing his phone to check his messages. He smiled as he read the messages he received from his sister-in-law. Kim was also excited to go to this Christmas party today. He knew it was hard on them raising three kids and working fulltime too.

I made a promise to Liv the other day.
How about next weekend you and Noah go somewhere nice and I'll watch the girls?
That way I didn't exactly break my promise to Miss Olivia.

Lucian

He could imagine Kim laughing at him. Kim was a lovely woman but sometimes her sarcasm was too much for him to understand. Sometimes he wondered if she was joking or that she was being serious. He supposed that was what she was aiming for.

It was still very confusion though.

Liv is very upset Lucy.
She's been talking about your outing every night before bed.
Complaining that her uncle Lucy never comes over anymore.

Kim

He frowned reading that. There it was, he didn't know if Kim was serious or that she was just messing around. Clearly his dear sister-in-law would get along great with Scarlett. They were on the same level of messing with his head.

"I'm ready."

He pocketed his phone and raised to his feet, his eyes wandering her from head to toe. Her dress hugged her curves, fitting her like a glove. Her hair was down with soft curls and her makeup was subtle but still noticeable. She looked absolutely stunning.

He was blown away by her.

Her lips curled up to a smirk, "You okay?" She asked, "Do I need to get you some water."

Last time she said that to him was when she surprised him in his office. The smug look on her face told him she was well aware of what she was doing. He shoved his hands in his pockets and narrowed his eyes on her.

"Hilarious, Miss Archer." He tried to keep his gaze as steady as possible, "While you look very lovely tonight I'd suggest you get your things. The guests are supposed to enjoy tonight, we're still working." He reminded her.

Scarlett didn't hurry it up even though he suggested so. Instead she closed in on him, placed her hand gently against his chest and pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"You look handsome like always." She whispered to him.

He leaned in, wrapped up in her sweet perfume. Her warmth was very welcome but if they stayed like that a second longer he'd do something he shouldn't. At least not right now. Clearing his throat he broke the moment between them.

Scarlett pulled away, not looking too happy with him for breaking their little moment.

He pretended not to see and grabbed her clutch which she had dropped on the couch along with her long coat to be close to him. He handed her the small black clutch and then reached for the coat. He draped it over her shoulders and leaned in, pressing a kiss to her cheek which she had not been expecting.

He liked surprising her.

Staring down at her surprised looking face he couldn't help but to chuckle. She looked adorable with wide eyes and flushed cheeks. Pulling away from her he spun on his heels and walked to the front door.

"Are you joining me, Miss Archer?"

She cleared her throat, still flustered looking but on the move. She shoved her arms through the sleeves of her coat and then joined him at the front door. He greeted her with a little smile, gloating that she was so flustered by a simple kiss to the cheek.

"Let's head back to the hotel, I'm sure the staff is waiting for us."

He kept talking, knowing she'd pull herself together eventually.

***

Guests were arriving, slowly trailing in and filling the ball room with laughter. He glanced at the woman standing beside him he could tell she was enjoying it. He leaned in ready to whisper in her ear how it wasn't too bad being there with her when Noah interrupted him.

"Lucian." His brother greeted, looking cheerful and a bit mischievous. His brother knew he interrupted their moment and he wasn't looking guilty about it at all, "You two did a good with this. I'm impressed." He glanced at Kim who joined them looking very glamorous and her face lit up with a wide smile.

"Good evening, Lucy." Kim greeted, "Scarlett."

Scarlett shared a little smile with Noah, "Good evening, Kim." Scarlett greeted, "I assume Noah told you all about me"

Kim laughed, "He told me some things, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of opportunities to get to know each other better." Kim threw him a look which said it all.

Lucian uncomfortably shifted, not wanting his family to make this thing too obvious. They were still pretending to be subtle about their attraction even though it was clear to everyone how they felt about each other.

This wasn't awkward at all.

"I mean this place looks good." Noah nodded, thankfully breaking the awkward silence with his charming smile and glittering eyes, "But did you see the entrance and the lobby?" He asked his wife, "I managed to achieve that within two days. I'm just saying, some people were born to spread the Christmas spirit with little effort."

Kim grinned at her husband, "You did good." She agreed, "So Lucy, you owe us two favours the way I see it."

He knew he did.

"I already told you that I'm up for a babysitting weekend." He reminded her.

Kim smiled at Scarlett, "Are you joining him then?" She asked, "It would be a good opportunity to meet the girls. They'll be happy to spend some time with their uncle Lucy and his lovely girlfriend."

Scarlett was beyond saving at this point. Kim was going to push this until he actually called Scarlett his girlfriend. Maybe this was the push they both needed.

Noah chuckled quietly, "The girls would love that."

Lucian wrapped an arm around Scarlett's waist and pulled her close to him, she seemed to appreciate his support. He felt her calm down as she smiled at Kim and Noah, looking more at ease already.

"Let's get through the Christmas dinner first." Lucian quietly reminded them.

Kim nodded, "That's remind me, did you do your Christmas shopping. I know Mister Grinch usually forgets how much kids love Christmas and the presents they'll receive. You better have something to show the girls."

Lucian grinned at her, "No worries, Kim. I did some online shopping a while ago. I have so many amazing things to give them it will make you two look bad." His grin might have been arrogant but he wouldn't even feel guilty about it. Kim was going all out tonight so he assumed it was okay to go along with it.

Noah shook his head at them, "You two are like kids who need supervising all the damn time." He flickered his eyes to Scarlett, "Better get used to it. Lucy and Kimmi tend to argue like little kids but I promise you that they do like each other."

Lucian looked at Scarlett who seemed rather amused with them, "Yes, I like Kim a lot. She's great."

Kim grinned, "Stop, you're making me blush."

Noah wrapped an arm around his wife and pulled her close, kissing her temple, "Stop flirting with all the pretty ladies, Lucy."

They were glaring playfully at each other which made them forget their surroundings. He tensed up when his mother's voice interrupted their little staring match.

"Okay, boys, that's enough." Emma didn't sound upset at all, she sounded amused if anything, "It's nice to see you all again." She firsts hugged Noah and then him. She shared a smile with Kim and even Scarlett which made him sigh in relief.

His mother was really trying.

"I'm impressed." James let them know, "Good job, Lucian and Noah." He then flickered his eyes to Scarlett. His eyes warm with kindness, "And of course the lovely Scarlett. It's good to see you again."

"Good evening, James." Scarlett greeted shyly.

She was probably a bit taken back by his family now surrounding them and being very present. Thankfully Kim and Noah were very talkative, making sure there was never a really awkward moment. He kept Scarlett close to him the entire time, letting her know he was there for him.

He was sure that he'd enjoy Christmas from now on a lot more and he had Scarlett to thank for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 103K 50
I hesitated. Then sighed. "What would I have to do?" "Marry me." ______________ Lucian King doesn't care about anyone. The only thing that he cares a...
31 0 21
It all started when one of sapphire's best business man, Joseph McArdly, went bankrupted and offered for his daughter's hand in marriage which he gla...
3 0 1
Scarlette's life is far from perfect; having had a miserable past, she chooses to come over to New York to start all over again. she feels it's time...
355K 8.6K 63
~I shudder and lean over, staring into her chocolate irises. "Are you sure?" "Yes." Without another word, I crash my lips on her own, removing the ri...