Numinous

By leshworld

Hidden secrets Hidden identities Two kingdoms And A prophecy that would change Kiara's life completely... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 33

403 63 62
By leshworld

Elis and Alec were guarding us with swords in their hand as Jacob was performing the healing of Ethan. I looked behind and saw giant glass wall.

What is this wall doing in the middle of this deadly forest? And why is it so foggy?

I squinted my eyes to look inside it but it was too foggy to look inside. I looked back at Elis and Alec who were guarding in front of us.

What if the danger is behind that glass wall? How will we fight with them with two injured persons with us?

I looked at Aiden who was still unconscious. There was a cut on his lip and a deep gush on his forehead. Some strands of hair were falling on his eyes. I lifted my hand and brush them from his eyes. He was looking pale and lifeless. A single tear rolled down my cheek and dropped on his face.

He is in this condition only because of me.

"He's waking up!" Jacob's voice shifted my attention towards him.

Ethan was now moving slowly and opened his eyes. He blinked to adjust his vision to sudden light. Then he tried to sit up rubbing his temple.

"Ahh!" A groan escaped his mouth as he rubbed his temple.

He looked at Jacob with a frown as he tried to recognise him but of course he couldn't since we had never met before. He looked at Elis and Alec with little recognition. His gaze then shifted towards me and Aiden whose head was resting on my lap. His eyes widened as he looked at the condition of Aiden. He stood up quickly, and came towards me. Jacob also came towards me and he put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Is he alright?" Ethan asked me as he crouched down to inspect Aiden's wound. "I own my life to him. He saved me and took the impact from that evil ruiners that's why he's in such condition."

"How did they enter here? Isn't it supposed to be protected place? If this is not protected area then why you brought him here?" Jacob gritted out and I glared at Ethan.

"Something happened yesterday.." He then trailed off watching attentively towards the deadly trees. "Listen, we can't stay here for long time with Aiden in such condition. This forest is not safe anymore. We should move inside the protective place. Once aiden will be alright, I'll answer all your questions."

"He's right Jacob we need to heal Aiden as soon as possible." I said in a low voice.

"Okay, but how far is this protective place?" Jacob asked Ethan.

"It's behind us." Ethan replied.

I looked behind and saw that giant glass wall.

"We just need to move to the other side of the glass wall." Ethan said to us.

"Is this glass breakable?" Jacob said moving towards the glass wall as he tried to touch it with a dagger in his pocket.

"Oh No! Don't." Ethan yelled but it was too late to stop Jacob.

As soon as the dagger touch the wall, the wall repelled him with full force. He was now in the air like an arrow after it shot from the bow and landed on the ground far away from the wall with loud thud.

"Ouch!" He groaned in pain.

That must be hurtful.

Alec jogged towards him and helped him in standing.

"Are you alright?" I asked him softly.

He gave me thumbs up as they walked towards us.

"You can't cross the wall without this.." Ethan trailed off as he pulled some lockets from his pocket.

It was a snowflake locket made up of some kind of metal which was attached to a chain made up of same metal.

Ethan started to distribute lockets to us one by one. I took the locket from him and put it on. I shivered as the cold metal touch my skin and coldness spread through my skin. The metal was so cold that it felt like I was wearing a piece of Ice.

"Why is it so cold?" I asked Ethan touching the pendant.

"Don't worry about it. It will become normal once you cross this wall." Ethan explained me as he moved towards me. "Alec and I'll carry him."

I nodded and let him and Alec carry Aiden. Aiden was very heavy, so they both lifted him by putting his arm around their neck and holding him by his waist. Jacob was still healing from his landing on the ground. The wall formed a circular illuminating path, and they moved inside. Now Alec, Aiden and Ethan were already on the other side of the wall. And it was time for Elis, Jacob and I to move inside as well.

We were ready to move inside the wall when a fire ball hit Elis on her leg, and she dropped on the ground. Stratled, I look behind me and saw a shadow with fire balls in his hand. Instinctively, I grabbed my bow tightly in my hand and pulled arrow with cobalt gemstone. Raising my hand, I aimed at the shadow but it multiplied into several shadows with fireball in their hands, and they fired the fire balls on us.

"Jacob, move inside the wall right now and take Elis with you!" I shouted without looking behind at them and concentrate on forming the image of several arrows in my mind and shot the arrow.

The fire balls were now only one foot away from me and my arrow multiplied into several arrows as they moved towards the fire balls. As the arrows were moving, the cobalt gemstone formed whirlpool of water around it and collided with their fire balls. A loud crackling sound erupted from the collision as both fire ball and whirlpool of water vanished in the air.

"Kiara, come inside!" Jacob yelled at me as the shadows started moving towards me with wicked smile on their ash like face which revealed their pointed black teeth and fiery tongue. I shuddered in disgust at their sight.

I moved backward and instantly pulled the arrow with silver gemstones and shot towards them. They were ready to bombard us with more fireballs, but I was quick and hit the arrow near them. It formed a disastrous tornado which was very powerful. I tried to quickly ran inside the wall away from the disastrous tornado and that evil shadows. The land tremble slightly due to the tornado and I stumbled a bit as I was running backward and landed inside the illuminating path. I stepped out through the illuminating path and inside the protective place, breathing heavily.

"How is she?" I asked looking at Elis burnt legs as I dragged my feet towards them.

"We need to take her to healer as soon as possible." Ethan said hurriedly.

I looked at everyone and realised no one was in good condition right now. Aiden was unconscious, Jacob was little injured, Elis had a burnt leg and I had also hurt my leg little.

A sledge kind of long carriage was waiting for us. Ethan and Alec hurriedly laid Aiden in one of the seat and Elis on another. We all stepped inside and took our place. As I sat inside the carriage I realised that this place and everything here was covered in the snow. But I was not feeling cold. It might be due to the locket but it was not my concern right now as I looked at Aiden's unconscious body.

The horses were running so fast that in no time we reached the Palace which was made up of snow. This was small kingdom so the palace was not as huge as it was in Maprrier Kingdom but still it was big.

I didn't pay attention to any other thing as my gaze zeroed on Aiden. Ethan and Jacob carried Aiden inside the palace and Alec carried Elis. Guards hurriedly opened the door for us and let us in. Everyone was running to reach the room as soon as possible. There was chaos inside the palace as everyone looked at our condition with questioning eyes.

"Ethan!" A soft voice shouted. "What happened? Where were you?"

"Neysa, now is not the right time. Summon the healer right now," Ethan said still running upstairs and Alec followed the suit with Elis in his arms.

The guards were running ahead of us and pulled open two doors of two rooms which were opposite to each other.

"Take Elis to that room!" Ethan instructed Alec as he and Jacob put Aiden in the bed. "Healers will be there to help her."

"I'm going to heal him." I announced walking towards Aiden's side.

"Let me help you." Jacob offered but I dismissed him with shake of my head.

"You've already healed Ethan. I'm capable of healing him alone." I said holding Aiden's hand in my hand.

"You're also stubborn." Jacob muttered.

"You sure you don't need help?." Ethan inquired.

"No, I don't need help. Please go and check on Elis." I said to him without looking at him.

Ignoring everyone in the room I started to heal Aiden. The white light illuminated the room as our veins started to glow. His loud heartbeat filled my ears and my head started ringing. My palms were sweating now and suddenly I started to feel light. Aiden opened his eyes and looked at me with a frown. But then his eyes widened as he saw my falling figure.

He was quick to caught me before I hit the floor. He laid me down on the bed beside him and my eyes drooped slowly as the darkness consume me.

Aiden's pov:

I was feeling a huge flow of energy in myself and I started to open my eyes. As I opened my eyes, face of Kia came into my view.

Am I dreaming? Am I still in sleep?

I was thinking with confusion when suddenly she started to fall. Jacob was rushing towards her, but I was quicker to caught her. I laid her beside me and looked at her sleeping figure. She was exhausted. My gaze then shifted towards Jacob.

"How did you find me and why did you let her heal me?" I asked him with anger. "You know that she's going to be eighteen tomorrow then why didn't you stop her?"

"I told her to let me help her, but she's stubborn like you." Jacob said. "And before you I've healed Ethan, so I knew that I would not be able to help her much."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry. It's just.."

"I know Aiden what she means to you. No need to explain me." Jacob said smiling down at me. "Just so you know she also cares about you as much as you care for her and I'm going check on Elis."

He then patted my back and started to leave the room.

"Elis? What happened to her?" I asked him with a frown.

"It's a long story Aiden. I'll tell you later. For now, take care of Kiara." He said walking out the room and closing the door behind him.

I turned my attention towards Kia who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. Her soft hairs were disheveled and her face was flushed. It might be due to her journey here and healing me but still she was looking so beautiful. She never cared about her look and that was one of the many things I liked about her. She was beautiful the way she was.

I ran my hand through her hair when her eyes fluttered open and I retreated my hand back immediately.

She must be thinking I'm creepy.

I looked down and smiled at her. Before I could understand what was happening I was engulfed by her tight embrace.

"Why you didn't let me come with you? What if we were not reached to you at right time? From now, I'll not let you go anywhere alone. You are not going anywhere alone. Do you understand it?" She scolded me and I chuckled in response.

She pulled away and punched me on my chest. "I was not joking Aiden." She said with a frown.

A chuckle escaped my mouth. " I missed you, Kia." I said softly taking her hand in mine and intertwining them together.

They fit perfectly.

I thought looking down at our intertwined hand.

"Thanks for saving me." I said now looking at her. "Before you start punching me again I want to tell you something. When I got attacked I realised one thing that you should tell people how you feel about them before it's too late."

I looked into her eyes and locked our gaze.

"Kia, you hold a special place in my heart. I don't know how or when but you've become the most important person in my life not because you're going to be enchanter but because of you. I've never felt something like that before, and I don't know what it is but this feeling is so good. You calm me and give me strength. I feel comfortable around you that's why I told you about the things which I've never told anyone. I trust you, Kia. You train fiercely and you care about someone passionately. I love everything about you, Kia. You're a precious gem." I confessed her about my feelings and waited for her response.

She was silent and was looking at me with stunned expression. Well, I could understand. She didn't expect me to pour my heart out to her and it might have caught her off guard. My heart was pounding loudly as I waited for response, holding my breath.

She then blinked her eyes and smiled at me warmly.

"You know what, Aiden. I also don't know what it is but I feel the same about you."

I smiled widely at her and kissed her forehead then hugged her tightly but gently.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys,

Aiden is back. Comment to let me know what do you think about this chapter. Also, feel free to point out any mistake.

Tap the ⭐below, if you liked this chapter. It would mean a lot to me.

Also, share the story if you liked it.

Keep smiling and stay positive 😀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 411 48
'There won't be another me. There will be someone better, someone who'll love you much more deeply and for a much longer amount of time.' "He taught...
5.3K 2.3K 89
A storm brews so slowly that you hear your blood rush through your veins. How do you keep yourself sane when insanity is your best friend? Kiara is...
1.4M 28.1K 63
They don't play to win. They play to hurt. Sterling Academy's irresistible reputation all came crashing down last year when a list of the 'top thirty...
4.2K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...