Bhagvad-Gita: Treatise of Sel...

By BSMurthy

Bhagavad-Gita is the most beautiful, perhaps the only true philosophical song existing in any known tongue'... More

Copyright Page
Awe Unfounded
All about Interpolations
Chapter 1 - Arjuna's Dilemma
Chapter 2 - All about Life
Chapter 3 -Theory of Action
Chapter 4 - Practical Wisdom
Chapter 5 - Art of Renunciation
Chapter 6 - Practice of Restraint
Chapter 7 - Know the Spirit
Chapter 8 - Cycle of Creation
Chapter 9 - The Sacred Secret
Chapter 10 - Discern the Divine
Chapter 11 - Nature of Omnipresence
Chapter 12 - Doctrine of Faith
Chapter 13 - Field and Farmer
Chapter 14 - Proclivities to Know
Chapter 15 -Art of Liberation
Chapter 16 - Frailty of Thought
Chapter 17 - Science of Devotion
Chapter 18 - Thy Looking-glass

Introduction

1.7K 21 0
By BSMurthy

The spiritual ethos and the philosophical outlook that the Bhagavad-Gita postulates paves the way for the liberation of man, who, as Rousseau said, 'being born free, is everywhere in chains'. But equally it is a mirror of human psychology, which enables man to discern his debilities for appropriate redressal.

All the same, the boon of an oral tradition that kept it alive for over two millennia became its bane with the proliferation of interpolations therein. Besides muddying its pristine philosophy, these insertions affect the sequential conformity and structural economy of the grand discourse. What is worse, to the chagrin of the majority of the Hindus, some of these legitimize the inimical caste system while upholding the priestly perks and prejudices.

This rendition seeks to restore to the Gita, its original character by ridding it of hundred and ten interpolations, which tend to keep the skeptics away from it. And ironically these muddle the understanding of the adherents as well. In the theatre of man as nothing surpasses the drama of war, the stage for unveiling the Gita's unrivalled philosophy was set on the battleground of Kurukshetra at the threshold of the battle of Mahabharata.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 8.1K 53
She was a princess, he was a prince, it could have been a simple story but no, life isn't simple and love is not easy and it can never be simple and...
78.6K 6.2K 65
Book 2 of PandavaNandini Trilogy | AgnijaaSuta - The Fire of Fire - Born " The course of true love never did run smooth. " " My heart is grated wit...
6.5K 386 23
[This story doesn't go along the lines of the Mahabharata, not even initially. I have just borrowed the main characters and a few ideas from Ved Vyas...
3.9K 301 19
Sri Krishna is the beloved Boatman who untiringly plies His Boat of Consciousness between our unparalleled thoughts and his unrivalled spirituality. ...