Love is Family

By SuperAJK

Melissa and Chris are both single parents. Melissas Parenter/boyfriend from college left her when she was exp... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue
NEW STORY

Chapter 2

732 23 6
By SuperAJK

Melissa arrived home with a very happy Elissa. "So you had fun, you met to new friends?" Melissa asked her daughter "Yes, and I want to play with them every Sunday" she said excitedly. "Umm, ok. Let me think about it, why don't you clean up mummy needs to do some work for school." Melissa said to her daughter.

Melissa placed her bag down on her counter and walked over to where the small desk was in the corner of the living room, it was also the kitchen and dining room. She picked up the mountain of assessment and preparation of work she had to do for the week. She also had to do all the bills she didn't think that she would be out for as long as they were, but she was happy because her daughter was happy. But she couldn't help but think is it all too much for her and Elissa, maybe not but it was something to think about talking about and how she was struggling with everything, but she really didn't want to disappoint her daughter.

Elissa had cleaned her self upend brought out her homework that she didn't do yesterday and was meant to do today.

"Ok Elissa remember while mum is marking you do your homework, or practice your dances, and I'm too tired to cook so we will be having Pizza tonight" Melissa explained.

After a few hours of Melissa marking work, and Elissa doing her homework which Melissa had, to stop everyone and a while to help her daughter she thought I was time for dinner, thankfully Elissa was already in her PJ's so while the Pizza was been ordered and delivered Melissa told Elissa to get her bag and some of her lunch ready for tomorrow, so all she had to do was make her a sandwich.

Elissa was finally asleep. Melissa sat on the couch going through all her student's test and assessments, she couldn't believe, how some of them were very bad, she hated to give students bad marks, because usually the students that were bad at writing the assessments, were very talented performing, which brought their grades up.

Melissa looked at the time, and decided that she would have to finish grading them at school since it was almost 11pm. She sighed got up and packed everything away, and went to say goodnight to her daughter one last time then went to bed her self.

_____________

Once Morning Broke Melissa was up and doing her regular morning routine. Melissa would get up, have a shower, get Elissa up, and they would have a quick breakfast and then head off to school.

"Elissa, where's your dance bag?" Melissa asked her daughter.

"I'll go get it," Elissa told her mum.

"Ok, sweetie, but I would like to have a conversation with you before we go tonight," Melissa told her.

"Um ok, is everything ok?" Elissa asked

"Everything is fine baby, I think mummy is getting too old to do all thing running around," Melissa said trying to sound funny.

"Can I still do dance though?" She asked not as enthusiastically as she would before.

"Yes baby, but let's talk about it later this afternoon, because we're going to be late," Melissa said as she grabbed all her things and headed out the door, with Elissa trailing behind her. For school, both Melissa and Elissa was well tiring, Mel hides it but Elissa couldn't according to her teacher she feels asleep in class and wanted to join I'm at lunch with the kids playing baseball.

during the lunch break Melissa sat in her classroom eating her lunch and marking the students work the grew even more, and as usual, Andy one of the new and younger teachers came to visit her and ask her on a date, she swore she could just wear a fake wedding ring or a promise ring to get him off the back.

"Andy, how many times do I have to so NO!" Melissa says, trying to mark all the work, that she has. "I have a daughter and her outside of school schedule is very tight, I don't have any time to see anyone" she continues. "Not even for a quickie," he asked willing is eyebrows. Melissa tries not to laugh at his eyebrow, but was also surprised yet offended. "excuse me?" she said. "get out of my office now" she said angrily. "ok, I just saying I'm single and if you need one just let me know" he replied walking out of the room.

Melissa put down her pen and ran her hands through her hair, annoyed at what he said, but it got her thinking, she did everything for her daughter, wanting to make sure that she gets everything, but there was no room in her life for her self, she jotted it down, on a few things she wanted to talk to Elissa about before they went into dance class.

_______________________

Melissa picker her daughter up from. School and they went straight to dance, and as they were always early, they would sit and gave something to eat and have a chat about their day, but today wasn't the case.

"So you liked baseball, and you said that you wanted to keep trying it, and I've had to think about this a lot, it's not about the money, it's about me trying to juggle all your dance classes, I know you love to dance, and I haven't seen the excitement that you have had in the past" Melissa explained Elissa looked down, "I don't really want to dance as much anymore, I was doing it because I wanted to make you happy" she said and started to cry. "Hey, Elissa it's ok, how about this, you tell me if you want to continue dance, and which ones, I would love you to continue but not as hard as you are at the moment because when you were on the field playing baseball I saw a smile that I haven't seen In a very long time," Melissa told her daughter wiping away tea from her cheek. "What do you love to dance the most.?" Melissa questions her daughter.

"Jazz, contemporary, and lyrical are my favourite, maybe I could do those ones and a solo each?, and then I can play baseball on Sundays" Elissa said excitedly

"Umm let me think about it, did you want me to come in with you, so you can tell your dance teacher?" Melissa asked Elissa nodded her head. "Ok, so I'll go in with you and then go upstairs and do my work," Melissa explained, giving Elissa a kiss on the forehead, then getting out of the car. "Can I speak?" Elissa asks. "Of course" Melissa explained as she locked the car and walked into the dance studio.

The two walked into the hall studio since their real studio was been renovated. Thankfully Elissa's teacher was free. Ms Ardeen, may I speak to you?" Elissa asked

"Of course is everything ok?" She asked Elissa. "Um me and mum have been talking and we, I , her" Elissa started not really knowing how to put it, "I would like to stop doing exams and do maybe two or three classes, I feel that I want to try other things" Elissa explained Ms Ardeen looked up at Melissa "El, why don't you go start to stretch and I'll have a chat with your mother." Ms Ardeen said Elissa nodded talking her bag with her.

"Melissa is everything ok?" Ms Ardeen asked "yeah everything is fine, I think she feels like she is missing out, she saw a few girls and boys playing baseball and I think she feels left out, and personally I want her to broaden her experiences of her childhood," Melissa said to Elissa teacher. "Ok, she is an amazing dancer she gets it from her mother and I just don't want her to waste her talent," ms Ardeen said, "I understand, we are just thinking about it but she wanted to tell you so it wasn't something that came out of the blue." Melissa said "ok, will you be watching?" She asked Melissa. "I will stair but I will have to do some work to been a teacher for middle school and senior school drama and dance is harder then you think," Melissa said with a laugh as she headed into where Elissa was.

"El, you all good" Melissa asked. "Yeah is she mad?" Elissa asked "no honey, I think she is surprised because your so talented," Melissa says "yeah like you mummy" Elissa replies making Melissa laugh. "Go stretch I'll be sitting out there starting on some work ok," Melissa tells her daughter, she smiles and walks out to her class and start stretching with them.

Melissa got through one assignment until the rest of the mums started to come in. Melissa usually doesn't talk to the mums because she is always in the car doing work.

—————-

"So everyone Elissa has some news would you like to tell them?" Her teacher asked

Elissa nodded her head and went to the front. "Um so I am thinking of cutting back to two or three classes so I can do different things" Elissa explains and walked back to the line.

———————

Elissa continues with her dance class for the night, and by the end, she had decided she wanted to do jazz and contemporary her favourite dances.

Elissa walked out to her mother who was in the room. "Hi, mummy" Elissa says with a big smile.

"Baby girl" ready to go?" Melissa asks, Elissa nods

Melissa grabs her back and walks out, with Elissa trailing behind once they got in the car Melissa sighed. "Mummy, what's wrong?" Elissa asked

"Nothing baby, did u want to go get dinner? I'm tired to cook" Melissa asked, Elissa, nodded with a big smile happily and buckled in as her mother drive off. "You know I'm kinda happy that you want to cut down your classes, I think it would be good for you to do other things," Melissa said looking at her daughter in the rear vision mirror. 

There you have it second chapter done. it would be a great help if you could help me decided on how I can update on insta without having to make a poster for each chapter, as I found it really hard last year.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1K 33
In this fan fiction, all if the characters in Supergirl are in high school. Kara is an alien from Krypton, Clark/Kal el had arrived only 14 years bef...
19.9K 836 54
Melissa Benoist mother to her daughter Abby. She is knocked up at her senior High school Prom by her boyfriend. Melissa works in a dearly well know c...
36.3K 935 13
Kara gets influenced by Red Kryptonite again. Alex still has those horrible memories of her sister saying that horrible stuff. Everything goes wro...
48.5K 1.7K 38
•TRIGGER WARNINGS• -MENTAL HEALTH -ANXIETY/ PANIC ATTACKS -DEPRESSION -ABUSE -DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & MORE. 2 years after Melissa found out she was p...