Can We Fall One More Time? (S...

By 1Directioner13

Things change. Gracie's world has not been the same since returning from the tour, and everyone around her se... More

Can We Fall One More Time? (Sequel To Gotta Be You)
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-94-
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99-
-100-
-101-
-102-
-103-
-104-
-105-
-106-
-107-
-108-
-109-
-110-
-111-
-112-
-113-
SEQUEL

-5-

1.8K 19 3
By 1Directioner13

Zayn's POV

We were on a thirty minute break so I figured I'd go outside and have a smoke, before getting back to recording.

I went to the door and saw Shay and Gracie arguing. Gracie looked like she was about to cry, while he stood there lecturing her. 

I opened the door a little to hear what was being said.

"What are you saying?" Shay asked, looking rather annoyed.

Gracie sighed in defeat "I'm saying I don't want to do this anymore"

Do what anymore?

"Are you mad? Sales are increasing for both of us, and you want to ruin it by breaking it off?  Shay said, making a fist in his hand. It worried for Gracie being that close to him. 

"I don't know like you as a person and you bring out the worst in me. Agreeing to this was the worst decision I've made!"  

"Quit making things so damn hard. Just date me and make management happy" he got way too close to her face "Just be the good little pop star that they want you to be"  

From my view it looked like he might hit her, but he knew better. He had to know better.

She pushed him away, trying to get some distance obviously. It was clear that she didn't like how close he was to her face, which I completely understood. 

I was debating whether or not to walk out of the studio now and make him leave.

"Are you insane?" he asked, rudely getting in her face again "I'm be very tolerant, Gracie. Don't push it" he started walking away, but turned back to her with a smirk on his face  "Also, try hitting the gym. I don't want to be seen out in public with a fat girlfriend"

What the hell? No one should speak to Gracie like that, or any girl for that matter. 

Why was he even hinting that she was fat, she looked just fine. 

I watched her sink to the ground, looking overwhelmed by what had just happened. I walked out and looked at her, but she didn't notice me there yet.

She wiped her eyes and looked up, her face going pale when she saw that I was standing there.

I stepped forward, expecting to speak to her, but she quickly stood and went back into her studio.

What the hell happened to her? This isn't the same Gracie I know. She has bags under eyes, looks so shaken up, and beyond stressed. It was like she would break at any moment if someone touched her.

And what the hell did Shay mean when speaking about management?

Liam needs to know about this.

He won't even like the idea of Shay pushing her around and talking down to her like she's nothing.

Sure she and Liam have their issues and I'm not exactly happy about her decision to be with Shay instead of Liam, but nothing seemed right about this relationship. It was almost like she was being forced to date him.

Were they even dating.

I went back to the studio and walked up to Liam. Liam would be able to put two and two together.

"Liam, I need to talk to you" I said, pulling him away from Harry.

"What is it, it sounds important" he said, being his typical self.

"It's about Gracie. We need to talk" I said.

He looked down "Zayn I thought you of all people knew how I felt about talking about her" 

"But, Liam she's" he cut me off and yelled at me, which he's never done before.

"I don't want to talk about her Zayn! Hell I don't even want to hear about her" he said, starting to walk off.

"Liam, something is wrong with her you need to" he cut me off again, which kinda pissed me off.

"Zayn, I don't want to hear it" he said, walking off to the other side of the studio.

I sighed. He needs to get out of this state and from what I saw, Gracie's not doing to well either.

I groaned and walked out of the studio. I really needed a smoke. I walked down the hallway and saw Gracie walking up to the roof stairs.

Why is she going to the roof.

I followed her, hoping she wasn't going to do anything stupid. Once reaching the roof I saw her sitting against the walling, with her knees to her chest and it looked like she was taking deep breaths.

I lit a cigarette and walked towards her, taking a deep breath.

She noticed me and quickly wiped her eyes.

"So why are you up here?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

She shrugged "I needed fresh air" 

"This probably isn't helping" I said, taking another hit and putting it out.

She breathed through her nose and it sounded so stopped up. What was tearing her apart?

"Gracie?" 

She looked at me with puffy eyes. "Yes?" she asked, clearing her throat to cover the rasp of it.

"Why are you with Shay?" I asked, cutting straight to the point.

"Because I like him"

She also couldn't look at me when she said it.

"Can you look me straight in the eyes and tell me that?" 

She took a deep breath and looked at me, but not really focusing on me. "I like him" she said.

It was obvious she was lying.

Why is she trying to convince me, after what I saw.

"Great story, really. But I don't believe a word of it. So tell me how you really feel" I said, looking at her.

Her eyes watered and she looked down, pulling her legs closer to her chest "Management is making me date Shay" she said in a faint whisper. "I hate Shay. He makes me feel less of myself and I don't want to put on a charade, because it's making everyone hate me for 'moving on' after 'using' you guys" she said, beginning to cry.

"Who said you were using us?" I asked, mad.

"Everyone. Your fans, magazines, Shay" she continued, as her voice broke "Darren is trying to get Management to stage a break up, because I finally broke" she continued.

"Why haven't you told Liam this?" I asked, getting straight to the other point.

She started crying some more, so I put my arms around her, pulling her into a hug. "Because he hates me and wants nothing to do with me. I've tried talking to him, but he won't listen" 

"He's a mess, Gracie"

She looked up at me and it was like she was a little kid, so broken and fragile.

"What?" 

"He's a mess without you. He's not Liam anymore. He won't tell any of us, but we know he wants to be with you, only you" I said, making her cry some more.

"I still love him. More than anyone knows. I would do anything to be with him again, even if it means just being friends. I miss him" 

She really does have good intentions. Ever since Liam told me what happened when he went to get her back, I've hated her. I got her all wrong and I felt like a major ass for judging her when I should have known better.

Liam should have known better.

"I'm sorry I've been a dick to you. I didn't know"

She sniffled and hugged back, tightly. "It's alright" 

The fact that she could forgive me this easily, made me feel worse for treating her rudely.

"I'm going to do everything I can to get Liam and you to talk"

She pulled away and put her purse in her lap. "Thanks, Zayn, but I don't think anyone can help me at this point" 

She really wasn't the same, bubbly girl we all grew to love. She looked so depressed and beyond stressed. What happened to her?

I stood up and held out my hand to her.

She took it and I helped her up, but her purse fell and everything feel out of it. She quickly got down on her knees and started picking things up.

I got down and helped her too. I then saw medication. I looked at it and saw they were antidepressants. What the?

"Gracie what is this?"

She quickly snatched it out of my hand and stood up, with it still in her hand. "You weren't supposed to see those. No one was" she said, panicking a little.

"Gracie, Gracie relax. Just talk to me" I said, trying to calm me down.

"I went to a psychiatrist when I got back home; I'm taking medicine for depression and anxiety"

Why was she so scared to tell me about this. 

"Does anyone besides me know about this?" I asked, honestly scared to hear the response.

She shook her head

"Why not?" 

"Because everyone that cares is already treating me like some fragile doll. If they find out about this, it'll never get better"

I didn't say anything, I just pulled her into a hug. "Gracie, now that I know, if you get any weird side effects from the medicine, call me and I'll be there"

She nodded, hugging back. "Just don't treat me like some freak" 

"Gracie you'll always be a freak, but an awesome one" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

She lightly smiled and I felt accomplished. "Thank you, Zayn" 

I was surprised at how insecure and small she felt.She's always been open with being herself. I know I'm not going to like this, but I need to see what people have been saying, so I know how to prove her wrong.

"Please just come and talk to me and I'll do anything I can to help" 

"You really have no idea how much that means to me" 

"Everything is going to get better, I promise" 

We went back downstairs and we returned to our studios.

She didn't deserve the shit she's getting from Shay, and Liam isn't making it better.

I thought she was the one avoiding him, but after hearing that she's tried talking to him, it changed my whole view on them getting back together.

They needed each other and I was going to do whatever I could to bring them back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 5 38
One girl who loves a band except she doesn't know how to make them notice her! She wants to try a lot of things but knows other girls have tried alre...
3.2K 52 15
He's the jock. She's the nerd. He doesn't talk to her. She doesn't bother. But all they need is a chance. Just one little chance of them talking. ...
14.3K 139 52
Hannah O'Reilly was just looking to see a One Direction concert with her friend, but that all changes when they meet the boys and are granted backsta...
91.8K 1.8K 45
(Note: I wrote this a long time ago, so theres alot of mistakes and crap, honestly i dont even know how this got big but yeah just letting you guys k...