The Things I've Seen (A RWBY...

By MartinGraf98

(DISCONTINUED) "Don't claim that you know me, 'cause you know very well that I have seen through it all." ... More

Welcome To Haven
Dread In The Air
Unforseen Complications
Lighting The Fire/ A necessary sacrifice
Known By Its Song
Rest and decisions
Bad Blood
Together Alone/ A Perfect Storm/ True Colors
The More, the Merrier / Vault Of The Spring Maiden/ Downfall
Haven's Destiny
Argus Limited
Uncovered
The Lost Fable
On Hiatus

Volume 6 Kain Character Short

50 1 0
By MartinGraf98

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there guys,

happy new year to you. I knw it's already the second week of January that's passing, but I left myself some time to come up with something. i thought long and hard about how to go on about a character short. This may be as long as a normal chapter or not, depending on how creative I get while writing, so expect at least 1500 Words or more.

Anyways, I hope you had great holidays, a great christmas and new years eve.

I'll see you guys around.

------------------------------------------------------------------  

Three Days after the attack on Haven Academy

Kain P.O.V.

Things change. They change all the time and we can't do much about it. we faced ourselves more and more than anything or anyone else in our entire lifetime. It messes with us no matter what we do, but I'm someone who doesn't take it very well. The day Abyss left my side was the day I knew I had to rely on myself more in the upcoming future, so that is what I do...but not without a semblance that suits my new style.

I was on my way to a certain place in the woods. It felt different than before, not knowing what to expect on my way there. The Grimm are no match for me, bandits are just target practice and rogue huntsmen don't even dare to mess with a seasoned fighter. My weapon was tightly in my hand while my boots dug into the mud. That the rain was annoyung me was no secret, but I didn't pay any attention to it.

You may ask where I was heading at that time. Well...I was walking towards an abandoned temple of sorts. Some old man told me there lies an ancient power nobody has tried to get their hands on. Of course I was suspicious, but I took it upon myself to get there and to inherit my new semblance. I saw the building in the distance, despite my eyes not being in the best shape. Thunder was ringing in the distance while lightning bolts struck down. Nature was going crazy and not in a good way. Whenever storms rise up, it meant someone was gonna do harm unto others sooner or later. I'd prefer no harm at all, but then the world wouldn't be balanced anymore.

When I got to the temple, I was greeted by destroyed pillars and a few shattered bones from other adventurerers who failed their quest. I didn't ask why it was so difficult to achieve this power until I entered and saw a hall with some kinds of glowing gems in the wall.

(Yes, this will be like the Spheroid riddle for Ifrit in Final Fantasy X)

------------------------------------------------------------------    

The riddle wasn't that hard to solve after all, but I was questioning how the gems fot these flames in themselves all on their own.

Kain:" Whatever awaits me, I will do my best to achieve a higher power. I may not believe in gods, but for this i can sense the deity who guards this place."

I was walking along where tha path lead me and saw something I never would have accepted to believe. Encased in orange crystal was a man. He had his eyes closed, by had fiery red hair and scars over his body. On an altar next to hom was a sheet of paper with something on it. I took it in my hands and began to read out loud.

Kain:" Those who seek ancient power and knowledge shall brace themselves, for it is not an easy task to complete. If you read this, that means you completed the first part of the ceremony. To complete the second part, you will have to step into the circle in the middle of the room...You will have to kneel down and close your eyes. Do not open them until Ifrit himself allows you to...He will judge your soul, he will look through your soul and decide if you are a worthy carrier."

Confusion hit me first when I processed what would be happening to me, but that was replaced by determination and the will to do everything in my capabilities to save Remnant from Salem and her plans. Soon I did what I was told and kneeled down in the circle on the floor. I shut my eyes as the temperature rose up immediatly. I think fire was surrounding me while the ground in front of me cracked and something crawled out of it. Of course I didn't look at it and i never wanted, because if I did I may be dead soon. And I didn't plan on giving away so early.

After a moment, I heard growling and sniffling around me. A long claw pierced my shoulder as I felt the weight. The growl was turning into a real voice as it whispered to me, saying I'm allowed to open my eyes. When I did, I was met with a face that resembled a mix of a bulky dog mixed with an occult goat. It's fur was a darker orange and flames shot from its mouth everytime it exhaled.

Kain:" W-who? What are you?"

Ifrit:" I'm Ifrit, the Infernian. I am the guard of this temple and I was tasked to protect the flame."

Kain:" What is the flame?"

Ifrit:" The flame is a compilation of souls, burnt by the evil deities in this world. I am not here to lecture you on how you should percieve this power, but Iwould be glad if you used it for the greater good...IF I deem you worthy."

Kain:" What will you do to me?"

Ifrit:" Stay calm, child. I will not hurt you...yet. I will have a look at your soul and your memories. If my will to let you inherit the flame comes alive, I will notify you."

I just nodded at the creature as it put its claw on my head and began to get into my mind. It felt like I was in a coma while my life repeated itself on the inside. My childhood, my teenage years, the time I spent with my tribe, the years at Haven and the last years I traveled as a huntsman. I was seeing everything. The ggod parts, the bad parts and most of all, the ugly parts in my life. I was going through so much to come as far as I am now and I won't let anyone take that away from me. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Ifrit growl agan as his gaze wandered around. He wasn't in panic or so, he must have found a memory that didn't sit well with either of us.

Ifrit:" I see you have been hurt over and over again, child. But you don't seek revenge. You travel and fight to save this world...I know this woman that turned Remnant into chaos. Salem was an...intriguing individual when I first met her...But you, Kain Phoenix. You have carried a burden with you for decades and that ate away at you...You seek to sacrifice yourself for the people dear to you...Your family is still worried about you, although you can't see them........You have been chosen. I will grant you access to the flame."

Kain:" I promise I will not misuse this power. I will honor your gift and use it to rid this world of evil for as long as I live."

Ifrit:" I understand...Please walk into the room right next to you and hold your arms open. The flame will find its way to forge with your soul."

I smiled when I got up and said my goodbyes to the deity of fire and made my way towards the chamber where the flame will enter my body. There already was a spot prepared for me to stand at, so I mustered up all my courage and took my place. The temperature picked up again as a flash of fire surrounded me. It flowed all over me, from head to toe. I felt weird about it at first, knowing I will carry a powerful spirit with me for the rest of my life and although I had a different person in my body before, a spirit is something else. The flame stopped in front of my chest where my heart is, pulsing and glowing brighter before it shot right into it. I felt the fire immediatly and tried my best not to scream from the pain.

When the pain went away, I was on all four from being exhausted and completely sweaty. I didn't expect that it would take such a toll on me, but it did. I noticed something new on my chest and looked at it in a window reflection. On it was a pair of amber eyes circled by crimson flames. It hurt when I touched it, meaning it must be a tattoo or so. The next thing I noticed was that my hair was completely golden instead of black and gold. My beard stayed blck no matter how or why.

------------------------------------------------------------------      

Back in the house: present time

------------------------------------------------------------------      

No one's P.O.V

Kain:" And that's how I got my new semblance. I don't know exactly what it can do, but I promised to honor this gift with everything I can."

Ren:" That's incredible. Because of that, we may have better chances at saving Remnant."

Qrow:" So...do we have two firecrackers here now?"

Kain and Yang looked at each other for a moment before breaking into laughter. It was a good joke to both of them while the rest of the group didn't understand why.

Nora:" Guys? What's so funny?"

Yang:" Oh nothing, Nora. Everything is fine."

Kain:" Right. And no, Yang is the original firecracker of our group. I'll be the flamethrower. That suits me better than that."

Qrow:" Kain 'The Flamethrower' Phoenix. Hmm..."

Jaune:" I think it has a nice ring to it."

Kain was smiling as they kept discussing their next moves. Oz said to get the lamp to Atlas, but that may be more difficult than expected. First they need to get to Argus and then sail over to Atlas itself, although the borders have been closed for wuite some time. It wasn't easy to find a way to Argus, but then they decided on boarding a train when the time comes. Most of them have recovered to a good point where their health is alright. The wounds have been tended to, the clothes have been repaired and weapons are sharpened and loaded.

Their day ended with a big dinner filling all of their stomachs and getting tired after doing the dishes. It wasn't long after that when the majority of people went to sleep. Kain of course didn't. He went out to the balcony with his chest exposed, taking another look at the tattoo. The warm sensation he felt through his body was nice and he finally felt accepted by a power.

------------------------------------------------------------------      

Alright everyone. That does it for the character short. 

I hope you like it and will follow the story through Volume 6.

I will try to be a bit more creative and incorporate chapters that deal with Kain's problems.

Leave a like or a comment down below and I'll see you next time.

------------------------------------------------------------------      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 246 42
You are a grimm dragon faunus that is being created to destroy the world. Will you destroy the world or save it? I will try my best on this, it I my...
124K 1.8K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
27.4K 393 40
Hi I'm Jewel Rose. Ruby and Yang's Sister this is my story of my time at beacon with my teammates friends and family as the world continues to go on...
31.6K 301 13
Ok so this is my first story I hope it isn't to bad when you guys read it. Y/n: Your name Rivers H/l: Hair length H/c: Hair color E/c: Eye color W/n:...