Weasley and Granger

By Chloela6

In Hermione Granger's fifth year, she helped to start a rebellion with in Hogwarts with her friends, she took... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Harry's Hearing and the Prefects
Chapter 25: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 26: Umbridge
Chapter 27: Gryffindor's new Keeper and Peeves
Chapter 28: Hermione's Idea
Chapter 29; Dumbledore's Army Begins
Chapter 30: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 31: Quidditch Season with a Bang
Chapter 32: Disadvantaged
Chapter 33: Hagrids Return
Chapter 34: Bewitched Snowballs
Chapter 35: Thestrals
Chapter 36: Thankyou Mistletoe
Chapter 37: The Nightmare
Chapter 38: Visiting St Mungo's
Chapter 39: Harry's Slum
Chapter 40: Finally Christmas
Author's Note
Chapter 41: The Return to Hogwarts
Chapter 42: Valentines Day
Chapter 43: DA Exposed
Chapter 45: The Undoing of Dolores Umbridge
Chapter 46: The Department of Mysteries
Chapter 47: Recovery
Chapter 48: Reunion at Kings Cross Station
Chapter 49: Epilogue
Q and A

Chapter 44: An Unforgettable Exit and O.W.L's

1.9K 43 2
By Chloela6

Some how, Harry's story about last night had gotten around the entire school before lunch the next day. As well as the story going around the school, there were also Ministry notices everywhere saying that Dumbledore had been replaced by Umbridge as the Headmaster of the school.

As the Golden trio were walking down the hall they had had a run in with Umbridge's "Inquisitorial Squad". Which were really just Slytherin's who were given a shiny silver pin with an "I" on it and were able to take points away from any student in Hogwarts.

Of course the trio had run into Malfoy, who hadn't even battered an eyelash when he took almost fifty points away from the three of them. After Malfoy and his crony friends walked away, Fred and George came down the stair cases. "Had a run in with Umbridge's cronies have you?" Fred shook his head as he slung an arm around Hermione.

"This is absolutely ridiculous." Hermione huffed.

"I know. One of the Inquisitorial Squad members tried to take points off of us." George said as they all looked at the point counters in the Great Hall, as many of them were losing points except, of course, Slytherin.

"Tried to?" Ron laughed.

"That was until we shoved him in the vanishing cabinet." Fred added.

"Normally I'd be the first to object here-" Hermione started, which caused everyone to look at her with confusion. "But today, I'm turning over a new leaf since the Ministry is so corrupt and now this whole points system is corrupt too."

"I knew you'd come around to our way of life sometime or another love." Fred smiled proudly.

Then the twins started speaking in quieter voices, as they explained they didn't care about staying at Hogwarts anymore. "You all better get into the Great Hall for this next part." Fred said, as he and his twin tried to push them through the Great Hall doors.

"We don't want them to think you had anything to do with this." George added.

"Fred whatever you're about to do..." Hermione said as she turned around to him. "Just make sure you get Umbridge where it hurts." She smirked.

—————

Almost ten minutes later, there was a loud bang in the hall. Students all around the hall looked up from their food and stopped their conversations. Hermione turned to Ron and Harry, "You don't think..." She trailed off.

"Oh I don't think. I know." Ron smiled, as another loud bang and other explosions emitted from outside the hall.

Quickly everyone started to make their way to the doors to see what the commotion was. All three of the trio pushed through the crowd to get a better look. In the hall was what appeared to be a large amount of enchanted fireworks. Fireworks of all different kinds were going off, even ones that were giving the appearance of dragons, a few that were bats and the rest were the expected conventional fireworks.

But the thing about them was they weren't conventionally going out, instead they all seemed to be growing bigger, much like the crowd around Hermione and her friends. Within minutes, professors and then Umbridge and Filch had also joined the crowd. Some of the professors looked with amazement at what they were seeing, while others were trying to push everyone back into the Great Hall like there was nothing to see.

"Somebody stop those - those - those things!" Umbridge screamed from her spot on the steps. Within seconds Filch was scurrying through the crowd to get to a broom closet. To everyone's surprise he simply pulled out a broom and started to swat the fireworks. He jumped and ducked at the fireworks trying to swat them away, as if he thought that they would disappear like that.

Umbridge was using her wand and sending spells flying throughout the hall, in her effort to diffuse the situation. But no matter the amount of times she yelled for assistance, or the spells she sent flying, or the broom swats that Filch was attempting to do, everyone was laughing and in awe of the scene before them. Peeves came swooping into the room laughing maniacally unlike what anyone else had seen. Soon there was a pair of red headed boys also flying in the room.

The Weasley twins. An uproar of cheers from the students erupted as soon as they were seen.

When they arrived, Umbridge let out a loud scream and began to aim her spells at Fred and George. The twins were flying around the room, dropping more fireworks, and then Fred flew right past Hermione, and although it was for a split second in real time, to Hermione it was hours as she saw his smile brighten more as they made eye contact and he winked mischievously to her. 

Fred flew back up near the ceiling to George and Peeves, "Give her hell for us Peeves!" They yelled simultaneously and George let go of another firework. This one was bigger and unlike anything anyone else had seen that morning. It erupted into a fiery dragon that was ten times the size of any of the other dragons, and it headed straight for Umbridge. 

The pink toad like woman shrieked with fear as she ran down the steps and out down another hall as fast as she could. But the dragon continued to chase after her, and it was too fast for her to out run. As it caught up with it, the dragon opened its mouth and as it swallowed her it exploded into a fiery shower.

The Weasleys motioned for everyone to follow them outside and as the crowd squished and pushed out the doors of the school, Hermione could see the twins in the sky, each one with another firework in their hands. Fred threw his one up in the air at an alarming height, and when it erupted the works "F + H" inside of a pink love heart erupted. All of a sudden, people were looking at Hermione and everyone was clapping and cheering. The bushy haired brunette found herself turning as pink as the very firework in front of herself.

Then George threw the firework that he was holding, up into the sky and it erupted into a giant 'W', bigger than any of the other fireworks, even the dragon. 

Finally after this, the Weasley's waved excitedly to everyone, Hermione saw Fred blow a kiss to her and then they flew off, away from Hogwarts. 

—————

Nearly two months later, in June, Hermione and the other fifth years at Hogwarts found themselves under the pressure of studying for the OWLS to complete them within the next couple of weeks. The Weasley twins unforgettable exit wasn't forgotten, and it definitely inspired most of the students at Hogwarts to using their Skiving Snack-boxes to mess with Umbridge, but it was being put on the back burner for the sake of everyone's exam preparation. 

For Hermione, she had found a note on her bed the day that Fred and George had left, how if managed to get there she still didn't know, but the note explained to Hermione enough. It was Fred explaining to her that he was in no way abandoning her, and that if anyone was to mess with her that she couldn't handle, he would come straight back at that person would have a serious conversation with his most complicated spells. 

The rest of the note was about some rather inappropriate suggestions to Hermione about how he would want to spend the next time he saw her, that she would not repeat to a single soul. 

But finally, the OWLs had arrived, which meant all the fifth years were tired and half asleep walking into their exams due to trying to studying as much as they could the night before. Hermione was nervous, she wished Fred was there to give her a joke or to make her laugh to calm her nerves a bit, even for five minutes, but he wasn't. 

So instead she inhaled deeply, and walked into her first week of OWLs like a champ.  Monday was Charms, Tuesday was Transfiguration and Wednesday was Herbology. Then Thursday came with Defence Against the Dark Arts and then finally Friday came with Ancient Runes. On Friday night, she went to bed early, and slept in late on Saturday. She felt like she had accomplished a lot in her studies but at the same time, she knew she had another week of OWLs to still complete.

The Monday on the next week she was as nervous as she was at the start of the first week, and had already forgotten about the progress that she had made with completing her exams. So her week still went on slow and painfully with stress filled in each day.

Monday was consumed by Potions, Tuesday was about Care of Magical Creatures but Wednesday was definitely the worst. Hermione had Astronomy in the morning, but because of the lack of star visibility in the sky the rest of their OWL was held late at night. In between that time she went and had her Arithmancy OWL, and then she continued to practice her Astronomy until it was time to go up to the tower with her telescope. 

Finally, Thursday came with History of Magic and Hermione was still unsure, and near the end she wondered if she had written enough about the goblin riots of the eighteenth century or not. But her thoughts were interrupted by a loud scream. She, like everyone else in the hall, turned around in their chairs to see Harry fallen off of his chair and onto the floor looking confused and scared. All of a sudden he rushed out of the hall and shut the door behind him.

"Everyone continue the examination, I will check with Mr Potter on what the problem may be." One of the examiners said as he rushed outside the hall. 

Afterwards, Hermione grabbed Ron and they left the hall as quick as they could to try and locate Harry. As soon as they made it to the marble stairs, they were climbing them two at a time as fast as they could. When they reached the top of the stairs on the second floor Harry was running towards them. 

Before anyone could say anything, he had pulled them both into an empty class room, and he began to frantically speak as he pulled at the messy ends of his hair, "I had another vision in the hall and I saw Voldemort torturing Sirius!"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
149K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series β€’ β€’ sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] β€’ slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
1.2K 104 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...
54.8K 1.3K 153
Hazel Taylor is in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Things with Voldemort are escalating, and Umbridge is not helping anything. She's just trying to s...