The Hidden Stranger

hadeslilnymphet tarafından

”Can I ask you something?" the dark-haired boy asked in front of me. "And can you answer as honestly as possi... Daha Fazla

The Hidden Stranger
I Remember
My Best Friend
No Parties Tonight
In Your Dreams
Thats All That Matters
Hurt And Lies
Kitty Likes To Scratch
Tattle Tail
Brain Clicking
Its Too Late
Free Of Sarcasm
I Could Feel It
No Girlfriends. No Secrets
I'm Ready
Rumours, Fights And The Lies
Sleeping Beauty
That's Sweet
Will There Be Food?
Major Points
Snuggle Buddy
She Is A Beauty
Cry Me A River
Mama's Boy
AUTHORS NOTE

Did We Just Have A Moment

8K 240 21
hadeslilnymphet tarafından

Damon'S POV:

"Do you have any ideas why you are here?" Officer Jenkins questioned. His blue eyes stared into mine, not doing anything by means. If this is what he does to get people to start bawling out the crimes they've done, then those people are babies.

I shrugged, rubbing the dust off my leather jacket. I wiped the dirt from my shoulder, not paying attention to the police officer. He didn't scare at me at all. If he thinks wearing a dinky uniform with a shiny, little badge clipped to his shirt pocket makes him look tough, than he's got a lot to learn. I leaned back into the chair, crossing my arms and balancing myself on two legs. The officer stared at me, wanting and trying to get answers out of me. Yeah, right. He also wants me to get up and start doing the dougie. Well dude, hate to break it to you, but I'm not doing either one.

The officer finally gave up and slammed the table that separated us. "Ugh! I can't freaking intimidate this kid! It's like he doesn't even know I'm here."

I smirked, drumming my fingers against the hard table. There was a loud buzz and the officer that was supposed to be getting me to cave, stood from his seat and walked out of the room. I wasn't intimidated by officers anymore. I've been in here enough times to not be scared by them. And it was always for the same charges.

Trespassing. Speeding tickets. Under-age drinking. Stealing. Assault. Blah, blah, blah.

The door opened again as I continued to drum my fingers against the table. Suddenly, a cream coloured file appears in front of my face. I leaned forward, seeing the name on the side tablet. Damien Miles.

"Open it!" commanded the officer.

I ran my fingers through my hair before opening the file. My picture was in there along with information such as my full name, birth-date, age, parent's names, etc. I looked about fifteen in the picture. It was taken after I got caught for stealing and trespassing. I glanced at the charges. There wasn't many words on the lines besides the things I listed earlier. I wasn't arrested all the time. The only reason I was in here tonight was because a cop caught me drinking and driving.

The police officer was watching me as I continued to read over all the folder. There was a lot of blank lines, but there was numbers next to the charges. I bet they're keeping track of how many times I will do the same thing over again. Not many times for all of them. The most were for trespassing and stealing, since I do most of the supply jobs.

He stared at me with his intense blue eyes. Why does every cop have blue eyes? I mean, come on! Sorry, back to our discussion. I do the supply jobs which means (for the people who don't know what that means) is that I get all the supplies for the recruits that the boss is training. It may sound easy, but it's not. You have to know when to do it and how to do it. Not many people can perform it the way I do, but that is why Damon Miles is so special.

The officer tapped his fingers against each other. "So, Damien-"

"Damon," I interrupted him. I hated my full name.

He raised an eyebrow. Police officers hated being interrupted. Yeah, well I hate being brought into the 'intimidation' room. "Damon, do you have any idea why you are here?"

"Let me guess," I said leaning forward. "Um, something to do with under-age drinking and driving at the same time, ya-da, ya-da."

"It may sound like that to you, but you were dangering people's lives. Putting others at stake. Did you think about that before you started driving? Or better yet, drinking?" he asked. Oh, he was good. But I was better.

"Officer Valt, tell me somethin'. Have you ever had a wild side? I mean, before you became a cop. Or was it always your dream to become one? To wear a dinky-looking costume and have a gun that makes you seem better than others, yet you're not?" I smirked, resting my arms on the table.

The officer's eyes seemed shocked by my disrespect. He's not the first. "Mr. Miles, let me assure you that my personal life is not open to the likes of you-"

"To the likes of you? Are we going old English here or somethin'?" I asked.

"Mr. Miles, you better learn to keep your mouth shut or I'm gonna-

I wasn't the one to keep his mouth shut. That is why the boss loves me so much. "You're gonna what?" I leaned back into my chair. "Officer Valt, you personally wouldn't dare threaten the life of a gang leader, now would you? Because if you did, that would be pure stupidity."

Right when it looked like the police officer was about to deck me, the door buzzed and opened, bringing in the smell of a police station. I turned around to see my mother, wearing her nicest dress which was getting too old to wear, putting away her wallet. She looked at me with such disappointment in her eyes that it made me look down at the ground.

"He's made bail," said the officer who allowed my mom to come in. She made me stand up as she unlocked my hand-cuffs.

My mother shook her head and walked out of the room, bringing a hand to her mouth. I nodded my head at the two officers, grinning at the one who was talking to me before trailing after my mother.

This was going to be a long night.

SCENE CHANGE

When we finally made it home after the silent car ride, my mother sat in a chair and put her head in her hands. This happened every time she would bring me home from the police station. It was more money out of our pockets, more jobs that I have to do. I didn't know what to say besides I'm sorry which I kept saying on the ride home. I never said sorry except to my mother. She was the one who was getting hurt. I wasn't.

"Mom-"

"Just go to bed. I can't deal with this anymore," she said getting up from her seat and walking to her small bedroom. I watched her take off the few pieces of jewellery she had and set them on the coffee stand. My mother's eyes didn't meet mine. I continued to watch her until she shut the door.

I trailed to my bedroom, closing the door behind me. I tugged off my sneakers as I collapsed on the bed. It creaked under my sudden weight. Another item on my 'need to get' list. I pulled open my nightstand drawer (no side comments), wanting to get my pack of cigarettes. Something made me stop in my tracks though. The corner of a picture caught my eye. It was hidden under the pack of cigarettes, my gun, and a few sheets of blank papers.

I pulled the couple pictures out of the drawer. The first photo was of Maddison and I. We were at the beach, smiling at the camera. Her arm was around my waist as I had an arm around her shoulders. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a present for graduating elementary school. Well, it was my present, but I asked my mom if she could come.

The second photo was another one of Maddison and I. It was a close-up. We were sitting on the couch with my arm wrapped around her shoulders. She was laughing in the camera. We were about thirteen years old. The summer after seventh grade.

The last photo made my stomach churn with the knot of guilt. I glanced at the picture. It was at eighth grade graduation. My little brother was sitting on my lap as I sat in my blue graduation cap and outfit. We were both grinning into the camera. I was extremely happy that I was finished with middle school.

I threw the photos back into the drawer, slamming it closed. The picture of my brother and I continued to dance around in my head as I turned my back to the nightstand, trying to fall asleep.

SCENE CHANGE

Mrs. Dread was assigning us a project.

With our math partners.

Are you freaking kidding me?

I glanced over at Maddison who looked like she was about to burst. Her lips were set in a firm line and she was about to hit something. I personally think Mrs. Dread was handing us a first-class ticket to killing each other. Well, she wouldn't have to deal with me for the rest of the year. I rested my head in my hands.

I mean, it probably wouldn't be a problem with anyone else 'cause I could get them to do the project by themselves. With Maddison, that's a different story. She would strap me to a chair and make me sit there and force me to do something. I highly doubt I could get out of this situation.

I could ask Mrs. Dread for a different partner.

What the heck am I thinking?

Maddison held her hands in fists, swallowing the fact that she hated being my partner during school, now she has deal with me after school. Maybe this would be fun. I smirked.

"Whose house do you want to work at?" she asked.

I shrugged glancing over at her. "We can work at yours."

"Um, that may be a problem."

"Why?"

Maddison bit her lip before answering. "My parents hate you."

I chuckled. "I'm not surprised at all."

"Can we just work at your house?" she said turning to look at me. "It would be easier since you only have your mom and brother-"

"Only my mom," I corrected her.

Maddison raised an eyebrow. "But-"

"Um, why don't we just work somewhere else other than our homes?" I said, quickly changing the subject. "The place where you nerds go or something?"

"Do you mean the library, Damon?" she asked, a small smile on her face. I shook my head. "Can you handle being in a library?"

"Why don't we just go to my hang-out?" I said getting from my seat and grabbing my backpack from the ground.

Maddison stayed in her seat. "You mean where your gang hangs out?"

"Why? Are you scared?" I smirked.

"No, but it isn't like, personal property or something?"

"Yeah, but I'm the leader. I can invite anyone I want."

Maddison pursed her lips for a second before collecting her things. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she did it. I waited impatiently, tapping my fingers rapidly on the desk.

"Which vehicle do you have today?" she asked on our way out of the classroom.

I grinned, turning around so she could see it. She instantly groaned. "My bike."

SCENE CHANGE:

AT THE GARAGE

I opened the side-door to the garage, Maddison following me inside. Some of the guys were already there. Thomas and Gale were lounging on the couch, laughing at a stupid joke Ben made. He was working on one of the cars in the shop. Maddison sat next to Thomas on the couch, looking a little uncomfortable being in the gang hang-out.

Thomas was eating a twizzler. "What are you doing here, Maddison?"

"You know that stupid math project we have to do?" I said. He nodded. "She's my partner."

"Oh, joy," Gale muttered but I heard it loud and clear.

I stole a twizzler from the bag, walking over to where Ben stood. "What's up, man?"

"Nothin' much. Can you finish this for me? Selena's on her way over here and I need to clean up real quick," Ben said running up the small stairs up to the small apartment we owned.

Maddison appeared at my side. "When are we going to start on the project?"

"Whenever you want to. I need to do this," I answered.

She raised an eyebrow. "Um, I'm not doing all the work, Miles."

"I never said that, Rose. I said I need to finish this and then I'll help," I said tugging on a loose wire.

"Good, because I'll let Mrs. Dread know that you didn't help and she'll fail you," Maddison smirked.

I glared at her. "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't test me."

"Fine. I need an idea though on what we want to do. And I need your help to figure it out."

"Just use one of those topics in the textbook," I said not worrying about the stupid project.

"Thanks. That helps me a whole lot, Damon," she said sarcastically walking off towards the couch.

I grinned. About an hour later, I was finished with the engine and tires. Maddison was still wondering what to do for the project. I honestly don't give a crap about the thing. It's just another grade. I don't even care about going to college. I need to stay here and take care of my mom. I rather stick with the life I have now, then leave her alone.

I sat down next Maddison, looking over her shoulder as she studied the page. "What topic do you have in mind?" I asked, taking a sip of my water.

She sighed. "Which topic is easiest for you?"

"The first topic."

She laughed. "Typical Damon."

I grinned, peering over her shoulder to look at the first chapter of the textbook. The light breeze from the fan made me catch a whiff of her shampoo. Strawberry. The same kind we used when we were younger. I should know. I used to love it. It used to be one of my favourite smells. Maddison's strawberry shampoo. My mom's blue chocolate chip cookies.

"What are you doing?" Maddison asked.

I realised that my fingers were running through her hair. They were tangled in her ash blonde curls. Her eyes looked as shocked as mine must have been. I pulled my hand away from her hair, suddenly interested in the textbook in her hands. Maddison excused herself, walking towards the restroom. She shut the door behind her.

I leaned back into the couch, wondering what just happened.

Maddison'S POV:

Did Damon Miles and I just have a moment?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

267K 7.4K 39
My best friend Greyson McNamara and I have been partners in crime for a while now. Pranks, sneaking out to go to parties, joy riding in our parents'...
7.2K 410 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...
195 20 19
With Griffin it's different. His touch is comforting and tingly, definitely one of the most pleasant feelings in the world. "I get you miss him but d...
261 42 34
I always knew I had a thing for my brother's bestfriend the all too famous Damon Kingsley an effortlessly handsome specimen So you can expect that...