Rebel High

By RebelsDarkness

Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in sec... More

Note!!
Lesson One
Lesson Two
Lesson Three
Lesson Four
Lesson Five
Lesson Six
Lesson Seven
Lesson Eight
Lesson Nine
Lesson Ten
Lesson Eleven
Lesson Twelve
Lesson Thirteen
Lesson Fourteen
Lesson Fifteen
Lesson Sixteen
Lesson Seventeen
Lesson Eighteen
Lesson Nineteen
Lesson Twenty
Lesson Twenty-One
Lesson Twenty-Three
Lesson Twenty-Four
Lesson Twenty-Five
Lesson Twenty-Six
Lesson Twenty-Seven
Lesson Twenty-Eight
Lesson Twenty-Nine
Lesson Thirty
Lesson Thirty-One
Lesson Thirty-Two
Lesson Thirty-Three
Lesson Thirty-Four
Lesson Thirty-Five
Lesson Thirty-Six
Lesson Thirty-Seven
Lesson Thirty-Eight
Lesson Thirty-Nine
Lesson Forty
Lesson Forty-One
Lesson Forty-Two
Lesson Forty-Three
Lesson Forty-Four
Lesson Forty-Five
Lesson Forty-Six
Lesson Forty-Seven
Lesson Forty-Eight
Book 2!!! Please read
Second Book!!

Lesson Twenty-Two

14.3K 439 115
By RebelsDarkness

Lesson Twenty-Two - Some Are Lost In The Fire. Some Are Built From It.

"Lyra, you know I can't afford anything. My parents have cut me off completely you know that." Sighed Sky as she set down a dress she was just admiring a few seconds ago.

It had been almost a week since the face to face with her parents. It took me a few days to get her to get out of bed and today was the first time I actually got her out of the house. She was starting to look better than she did. Her eyes were more alive and she didn't look like a walking zombie. She was starting to look more like her beautiful normal self.

"This is why I have this." I said holding up a credit card as I still scanned through the rails with my other hands.

"I can't spend your money Lyra." Her voice was quite probably making sure no one around us heard. The word didn't need to know about her business. After all it would be all over the news if they did.

I looked at her with a grin on my face as I placed the card in her hand. "This isn't mine it's yours. My dad told me to give it to you. He said to use it when ever you want."

Sky looked shocked with the card sitting on the palm of her hand. Frankly I was waiting for someone to run past and grab it. It was directly links to my dads money. Imagine the spending spree you could have with that.

"I can't accept this." She tried to shove the card back at me but I just kept stepping away from her holding up my hands. There was no way I was taking that back.

"Just take it Sky. You need your own stuff anyway. I love you and all but you've got to stop stealing my clothes. There's a reason I enjoy being the only girl in my family."

Sky laughed and put the card in her purse. "I don't think you would do to well with a sister."

I shrugged and lifted a dress of the rail. "I have you, you're as close to a sister as I want to get."

"Thank you." Her voice was soft and I looked at her. I could seen the genuine gratitude on her face and I don't think anyone had ever looked at me like that before. I normally ruined people's lives. Not help them out.

I waved her off getting uncomfortable with the situation. She knew I didn't like cute moments like that. It just made me uncomfortable. I'm sure I wasn't the only one in the world though.

"Don't worry about it." I picked up another dress and threw it at her. "Let's find the stuff you're going to spend that money on."

********************************************

A few hours later and we were sitting in the food court looking at the many bags we had. I didn't really think this through if I was honest. There was now to many to carry and people were looking at us like we had a shopping problem. I didn't have a shopping problem, the only reason I ever went shopping was because of Sky, she loved it. Almost all of them was hers.

She didn't like the thought of buying the clothes with her own card so I did it with mine. Though she did put up a fight each time saying she didn't need anymore or that it was too expensive. I didn't listen though of course.

"I need to get a job or something." Said Sky making me scoff. She was playing with the lid of her bottle of water in her own world

"I don't think minimum wage would suit you." I took another bite out of my burger and moaned in happiness.

"I bet I could make you moan better than that."

I looked over my shoulder to see that it was Riker who had whispered into my ear. Of course it was him. He just didn't seem to know how to leave me alone these days.

"Riker Kennedy." Sky spoke sounding surprised. I forgot that she wouldn't be used to being around him. What I did notice though that he was with my brother Damon.

"Since when were you two so close." I asked narrowing my eyes at my brother. "I thought you worked for Zane."

My brother scratched the back of his neck with a child like grin on his face. I was careful with my words knowing that Sky was sitting right I front of us.

"He let me go." He said looking at Sky carefully. She didn't seem to care though as she looked down at her phone. "He called it a peace offering to Riker."

Since when was Zane such a nice person. You couldn't leave Zane's gang without getting yourself killed or worse. For Damon to just be able to walk out, something was going on and I didn't know if I wanted to actually know.

"What are you guys talking about?" Asked Sky as she glanced between us with a curious expression. I cleared my throat going to answer but Riker beat me to it.

"Damon used to work for Zane's family but he now works for mine. His lovely sister here is taking over theirs so he wanted something else." Riker placed his hands on my shoulders to prove a point when he said 'lovely sister'. I just looked up and glared at him. It wasn't to far from the truth but of course there was a big part missing. The fact that they were basically the Mafia.

Sky though looked satisfied with his answer and turned to look at my twin brother. "I'm happy you found what you want to do outside your own family."

I watched as Damon's eyes softened at the sight of her. "You'll find that to Skyler don't worry."

I watched as a blush creeped onto her cheeks which made me raise my eyebrows at the sight. What the fuck was that about. Riker gripped my shoulder tighter as he let out a scoff under his breath clearly trying to hide his amusement.

"You've been spending money I see." I looked down to follow Riker's gaze. That's when a idea popped into my head.

"It's not for me it's for Sky." I took grabbed a hold of his hands that were still resting on my shoulders and pulled him forward. His face was right beside mine and he turned to look at me with a curious glance. "It would be really nice of you though if you could help us carry the stuff back to the car."

"You know Princess if you wanted me to be this close to you all you had to do was ask." He completely ignored my question but I knew he would. I don't know how I knew he would, but I knew it. There was something different between the two of us lately and I'm not going to lie. I liked how well the two of us got on these days.

"Do you mind not flirting with my twin sister right in front of me Kennedy." Damon voice sounded annoyed as he spoke. Riker might be the big bad gang leader but I was still Damon's baby twin sister and nothing would change that.

Riker gave me a kiss on the cheek before standing up straight a smirk on his face. He punched my brother on the arm in a playful manner. I could see his muscles tense as he did so. I didn't look away not caring if he caught me. He seen me staring and sent me a wink before going over to the many shopping bags.

"Come on." He said lifting the first few bags. "Let's help the Princess and her friend back to the car."

As we walked back to the car park me and Sky were walking ahead of the boys laughing as they trailed behind. I looked over my shoulder to notice Damon glaring at me. It was a menacing glare, one that told me he wanted to rip my head off.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked as I stopped walking to let the boys catch up with us.

"I said we would help you not carry them all." There was a bite in his voice but I didn't care about it. I was well used to that from him.

"I am carrying a bag." I held up a small bag that held a necklace inside it. It was pretty and one of the few things I actually bought for myself. Though it probably cost more than everything that was in the bags the boys were carrying right now.

"ONE!" Shouted my brother as he gave me a pointed look. "One small one does not count compared to the amount that we have right now."

I waved them both off and turned around with Sky laughing beside me. "Details, details."

"I'm going to murder you when I get the feeling back in my arms." Growled out my brother.

Sky looked at him concerned and went over to try and grab a few of the bags of them but they didn't let her take any. Damon stepped away from her each time she approached and Riker just sent her a warning glare.

"I'll help, give me some." Her voice was soft as she spoke almost afraid Riker was going to rip her head off or something. I hated how soft her voice was sometimes, it made me sound like a male rapper when I spoke.

"Keep walking Wilson." Those three wording coming from Riker was enough for her to turn around and catch up beside me again.

We finally reached my dad's Dodge Durango. It's one of the more normal cars we would have in the garage. I knew we would be coming back with a lot of stuff so I made the smart choice and took this. I didn't think the stuff would all fit into my baby that was for sure.

Sky had gotten into the front of the car and Damon went to grab his own car. Apparently the boys had drove down in his and Riker's was sitting in our drive way. I watched as Riker closed up the back of the car his eyes trained on me.

"What were you even doing here?" I asked. I didn't think a shopping mall would be his type of place to hang out.

"You're brother actually wanted to come here. He knew you and Sky were coming here and he wanted to check up on her."

I was going to ask why he would do that when there was the squealing of tires from behind us. It was a costumed black SUV, with the windows tinted out. I knew something wasn't right from the second I seen it. That wasn't my brothers car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Chaos High By Nat

Teen Fiction

234K 8.4K 51
Lyra Anderson had spend the last three years focusing solely on getting what she wanted. Now she was starting to make that mark on the world that she...
1K 104 24
"You guys I had the most epic night," I say as I take my seat, sipping from my bottle of coke and then I glance round the table and I see him, I almo...
134K 2.9K 64
It has always been Rose and Will. Although they hate each other, they can't deny the pull towards each other that they've had since they were 6. The...
159 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...