Guardian Alliance Book #1

By JoKing101

A new generation of highly gifted shape the future as they forge alliances to battle the opposing forces. As... More

1. Hostage Situation
2. Seraiah The Jinn
3. King And Queen Of Fire
4. Leading Lady
5. Royal Mutilation
6. Alter Ego
7. Drake
8. Declaration Of War
9. Trials Of Battle
10. Trials Of Battle 2
11. The Agile Feline
12. 2 Teams 1 Sided
13. The CuWei
14. The Power Of Gold
15. Saved By The Gold
16. Infiltration
17. Triple Threat
18. Confrontation
19. Conclusion
20. Truth Be Told
21. Intake
22. Outmatched
23. Blood Lust
24. Rest And Relaxation
25. Peace Of Mind
26. High Speed Action
27. Born A Flame
28. Rise Of The Phoenix
29. Rise Of The Phoenix 2
30. Rough Day
31. A Friend In Need
32. Temper
33. Trouble At Sea
34. From Beauty To Beast
35. Meeting
36. Technical Difficulties
37. Misunderstood
38. Vendetta
39. A Sudden Twist
40. Issues Of The Heart
41. Fire Vs Ice
42. Cunning Strategy
43. A Swift Appearance
44. Showmanship Of Power
45. Meeting The Secretary Of Defense
46. Rough Winds
47. Teamwork
48. Trust
49. D.N.A.
50. Out Of The Frying Pan
51. Back Up
52. Hostile Visitor
53. Heavy Metal
54. Un-Expecting Guests: Beginning
55. Un-Expecting Guests: Arrival
56.Un-Expected Guests Confrontation
57. The Crafty Race
58. No Breaks
59. Guardians To The Core
60. The Top 10
61. Learning The Basics
62. Legend In The Legend
63. Frustrating Pride
64. Friend Or Foe?
65. The Light Of Courage
66. Fated Encounter
67. Choice
68. Blast Off
69. Regret
70. Training Day
71. The Living Legend
72. The Storm Incident
73. Oya
74. The Art Of War
75. Big Problem Tiny Solution
77. The Battle For Oya
78. The Battle For Oya /2
79. The Battle For Oya /3
80. The Battle For Oya /4
81. The Chosen One

76. Uneasy Feeling

7 0 0
By JoKing101

"So let me clearify this.... You had her cornered, trapped I should say, but she somehow got away from a high classed warrior like you?" Uwad asks as he sits on the throne in his usual way.

"Well, yes my liege. In my defense, she was trained by Oya's finest." Zotoro says while kneeling in front of the steps.

Uwad rubs the bridge of his nose out of annoyance.

"General. Could you explain to me how that little sappling of yours performed this feat?" Uwad says while still rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I must admit I am to blame my liege. I have taught Nixoto quite the multitude of techniques due to her unusal lack of control over the darkness." Kugoto says also on one knee.

"And I suppose that you have no clue as to how she created that massive quake?" Uwad

"None in the least my liege. I am afraid that in the short amount of time that I have not seen my daughter, she has learned something quite dangerous." Kugoto

"Hmm yes quite. And how do you plan on dealing with her this time may I ask?" Uwad

"Personally my liege." Kugoto

Uwad thinks for a brief moment before he waves his hand giving Kugoto and Zotoro permission to leave. They both rise up, perform one final bow before turning and then make their way towards the exit. The doors close behind them ut they continue their pace.

"I must apologize to you personally Kugoto. I-" Zotoro

"Not another word." Kugoto

Zotoro is cut off with a sudden snap from Kugoto and holds his head down in shame while keeping his pace. Zotoro follows Kugoto to the lower levels, makes it to ground level and exits the palace.

"General! Is there any order you wish to give?" A soldier posted at the entrance of the palace asks the moment Kugoto got close enough.

"No. Remain vigilant until our return." Kugoto says without slowing his pace.

"Yes General!" The Soldier

Kugoto a long with Zotoro make it off of the palace grounds, crosses a bridge over the moat surrounding the castle and head through the town area. Before Uwad came the Oyans were living in a much more lively and peaceful time. That all changed when Uwad took over and decided to rule the way he saw fit. Before, the people of Oya would have greeted both Kugoto and Zotoro with bright smiles, but now, ever since Uwad came into power, the hearts of everyone has shifted and have turned somewhat cold. Paying tribute has been added to their everyday lives and those who did not like the idea of it were casted out, if they were lucky.

"You cannot do this!! I beseech you!! Give us more time please!!" ????

That sudden plea catches both Kugoto's and Zotoro's attention. They look to where a small group of soldiers are gathered in front lf a small food shop with an elderly man standing in front.

"You are aware of the amount that is demanded. I am merely following my orders. If you cannot pay the required amount then someone will have to work off the payment." The soldier

He then signals for his group to force their way into the shop and start to search around.

"Hey!! Stop!! You can't go in there!! Stop them please! It's my responsibility!" The elderly man

"You are not suitable for what we have available." The soldier

"Hey! Release me!" A young girl demands.

The soldiers carry out the elderly mans granddaughter against her will.

"Grandfather!" The young girl

"No! You cannot have her!" The elderly man says as he reaches for her.

The soldier quickly slaps the old man with the back of his hand witch knocks him to the ground.

"Enough! I do not do this because I want to! I have no other option! If you want to avoid any fur-" The soldier would say but is immediately interrupted by a split second occurrence.

Shadow strings, that originated from the soldier's very own shadow, wrap around his limbs and body immobilizing the soldier on nearly every part of his body leaving no room for movement. This occurrence causes everyone to stop their motion. The soldier is unable to make any slight movement but immediately knows who used this shadow technique on him. During the silence, the next thing that is heard are foot steps coming up from behind of the soldier.

"General Kugoto! Second Zotoro!" Another soldier says as they all simultaneously salute them.

Zotoro keeps a little distance while Kugoto stops right next to the binded soldier. Kugoto pays no mind to the soldier beside him as he keeps his head forward.

"G-Gener-" The soldier begins to say but is cut off once again from Kugoto slightly moving his index and middle fingers downwards causing the shadow strings to force the soldier down on his knees, his back bent backwards, the palms of his hands pressed flat on the ground and his head stretched back.

That causes the other soldiers to flinch. Kugoto looks at the young girl and would Slowly gesture his hand toward the elderly man on the ground. She makes a second look at Kugoto before she rushes for him.

"Grandfather!" The young girl says as she drops to her knees to check on him.

The young girl helps her grandfather to his feet after he shakes off the impact to his head. He sees Kugoto and immediately feels his heart drops.

"G-G-G-General Kugoto?! Oh please have mercy on us! I-" The elderly man says but is interrupted when Kugoto raises his hand.

"I have heard quite enough of the matter." Kugoto

The elderly man flinches, lowers his head and stares at the ground. Kugoto uses the shadow strings to make the restrained soldier stand upright and releases them.

"This is the last area that you are collecting from correct?" Kugoto

"Y-yes sir!" The soldier quickly answered while saluting.

"Then you had better hurry and report that you have collected the entire amount." Kugoto

The soldiers, including the elderly man and his granddaughter were completely surprised by Kugoto's words. Zotoro simply grins and remains silent.

"Sir?" The soldier.

"Time is of the essence." Kugoto

There is a brief silence before the soldier reluctantly agrees and signals for the rest of his team to make their way back towards the castle.

"One more thing. Do remember that we protect and serve the people of Oya. If you do anything to break your oath like you did a moment ago... Well. Don't." Kugoto

That warning struck the soldier with fear and he would lead his group back to the castle with haste. The elder and his granddaughter both give their many thanks and Both Kugoto and Zotoro return on their way. They make their way out of the South gate entrance and walk a good distance where no one else was around.

"Kugoto. If you wish to search properly I can show you where-" Zotoro

"We are on a small time frame. Make it brief." Kugoto says interrupting Zotoro.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Zotoro

"What I mean is that I know you are hiding something. Unable to capture Nixoto? You? That is not even slightly humorous. Someone helped her correct? Someone able to shake the very ground beneath our feet?" Kugoto

"Y-yes." Zotoro

"..... She's here." Kugoto says to himself.

Kugoto then turns to face Zotoro who is somewhat confused.

"Tell me everything and leave out nothing." Kugoto

In the throne room, Uwad is sitting in his usual pose but is feeling a little different than usual. It begins to annoy him.

"....... That fool of a 2nd in command lied to me. One could only wonder why? What say you hm?" Uwad asks his question while averting his eyes to the far corner of the room where its most dark.

A small human sized cage blends in the dark with an elderly man lying on the floor of the cage in shackles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936 30 14
*Completed* Worlds are full of life and death, past and future, old and new. In this tale of new beginnings, King Nexus lives his new found peace aft...
24 4 6
Long ago before the time of the dawn of humans there lived celestials. Celestials were both good and evil. They were powerful beings. Although they s...
336 54 11
A boy on a coastal edge of the country dreams of becoming the world's greatest swordsman. Upon the death of his loving mother and father, a skilled m...
4 0 4
Humanity, Monsters, Gods, Champions.