Hooks and Seashells

By Meloetta246

A Harry x Uma Fanfiction What happened after Uma fled from cotillion? This is my own spin on the events that... More

Chapter 1: The Tides Have Turned
Chapter 2: Rocking the Boat
Chapter 3: Deals and Deliveries
Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts
Chapter 5: Goodbyes and Promises
Prediction of the Future
Chapter 6: Welcome to Auradon
Chapter 7: Dorm Rooms and Discoveries
Chapter 8: Appointments and Answers
Chapter 9: Dresses and Dilemna's
Chapter 10: Hooked and Having
Chapter 11: Mermaids and Memories
Chapter 12: Seasons Greetings and Surprises
Chapter 13: Black Magic and Barriers
I Got Tagged!
Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets
Chapter 15: The Big Sleep Part I
Tag! I'm It!
Chapter 17: Births and Beginnings
Chapter 18: Figures and Family
Tagged Once Again
Tags Tags Tags
Chapter 19: Puzzles and Pieces
Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
Epilogue
Tagged Again
Waves and Embers is out!

Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices

957 27 16
By Meloetta246

Audrey looked around the room, an evil grin forming on her lips when she saw Chad. "Oh Chad," she cooed. "Come here my prince." He took a hesitant step forward, keeping his eyes on her scepter. "Y-Yes A-A-Audrey?" She grinned as she waved her scepter, using its magic to immobilize him. Slowly, Audrey circled Chad as she spoke.

"Chad, Chad, Chad. Through everything that's happened you've stood by my side. You showed me loyal to usually only reserved for yourself. For that, I spared you from slumber. However, I'm going to use that loyalty to my advantage. She placed her scepter in front of Chad's face, causing his eyes to turn green. My loyal servant, you shall lead my army. I give you the power to awaken and control whomever you choose from their slumber. Protect my castle and await further commands. I sense the curse did not affect all our enemies." She lowered her scepter and released Chad from its hold. Ben watched in horror as he dropped to one knee and bowed his head. "Your wish is my command, my queen."
🌟
Outside the castle gates, the group reviewed their plan once more. "Does everyone understand the plan?" Mal asked. Her friends nodded in response. "We've got it Mal, don't worry. I'll make sure our attack goes smoothly, while yer dealing with Audrey." Harry assured her. "Just promise me Uma and our child will be safe." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "I won't let anything happen to them Harry, you have my word." Mal turned to look at her friends who were risking everything to fight alongside her. "Be safe all of you."

With those words, Mal was engulfed in a purple smoke. Within seconds she transformed into her dragon form. Gus and Tony helped the girls onto her back as Harry got the team into position. With one final nod Mal took to the sky as the others burst through the gate. "For Auradon!"

As they charged through the gates, guards began storming out of the castle. "They've been spelled! Be careful everyone!" Jay yelled, blocking an oncoming attack. Metal clashed against metal as the battle pursued. Evie and Carlos tossed smoke bombs to confuse the guards as the team made their way inside.

Harry blocked one attack after the other as he fought off the guards. "Is that the best ye got!?" He laughed as he knocked away the guard's sword. However, he was so busy taunting the guards in front of him, he didn't notice the sneak attack coming from behind. "Harry! Behind you!" Ryan shouted, blocking an attack. Harry whirled around just in time to see a sword headed straight for him. He started to raise his sword to block the attack when a blur of red moved in front of him.

Harry stared in disbelief as a masked figure in red blocked the attack, protecting him. "Go!" The figure yelled at him. "Help your friends, I've got this one." Harry shook himself out of his stupor and jumped back into the fight. The mystery person could wait, they had a battle to win.

Meanwhile, Gil held his dual swords as he fought off two guards. No matter how hard he struck they kept coming back at him. Suddenly, Gil's foot got caught on a nearby rug, causing him to stumble. One of the spelled guards knocked away his swords as the other aimed to kill. Gil braced himself for the impact, but it never came. Instead, he heard a loud grunt, followed by a thud.

He opened his eyes and was shocked to see Tony holding back the guard. However, his heart dropped when he saw Gus on the floor. "Gus!" Gil cried out, scrambling over to his brother. "I'm alright, I'm alright." He hissed as Gil flipped him over. "No you're not." Gil said, applying pressure to the gash. "Why did you risk your life for mine?"

Gus chuckled at his question. "Love requires sacrifice. I'm your big brother. I never tried to protect you in the past and I wasn't making that mistake again." Gil sat in disbelief as as his brother's word sunken. He was about to reply when Ruby appeared beside him. "Gil, go help the others. I'll take care of Gus." He was about to protest when Tony grabbed his arm. "Come on little brother. He'll be okay." Gil took one last look at Gus before nodding and running to join the others.

As the battle raged on, Quinn snuck away down one of the halls. She wasn't a strong fighter and decided to search for anyone who might be trapped within the castle. She rubbec her thumb across the inscription on the handle of her dagger as she walked, 'Never give up without a fight'. It was a gift from her Uncle Phoebus she kept with her for emergencies.

Just as she neared the end of the hall, Quinn heard shuffling coming from behind her. She started to turn around when someone grabbed her from behind, shoving her into a nearby room. Quinn struggled escape as she felt her dagger get wrenched out of her hand. The air left her lungs as her back slammed into a wall and she finally looked up.

Quinn stared in shock as her eyes locked with Chad's. However, she realized is normally pride-filled blue eyes were a poisonous green as he put the dagger to her throat. He chuckled darkly as he watched her squirm. "What's wrong Quinn? Cat got your tongue? Oh yeah, you don't talk." Chad grinned as he applied a bit more pressure to the dagger. "Would you like to try and say any last words?" Tears filled Quinn's eyes as her chin trembled. She knew she needed help and only one person came to mind as she screamed.
🌟
"GIL!"

Gil turned in the direction of the scream. He didn't recognize the raspy high-pitched voice, but whoever it belonged to was in trouble. Knocking down the guard he was battling, he ran down the hallway to find the source of the voice.

As he ran he noticed an open door at the end of the hallway. Gil charged inside but froze when he saw the scene before him. Chad was holding a dagger to Quinn's throat as she whimpered and cried. "Let Her Go!" Gil snarled as he gripped his swords. Chad laughed as he pushed Quinn harder against the wall. "Drop your swords or she dies."

Gil didn't hesitate as he let his swords clatter to the ground. "There, now let Quinn go. She's no threat to you." Chad grinned as he released his hold on Quinn. "Good choice." Quinn made her move and ran towards Gil. However, Chad turned and thrust the dagger at her back. "Quinn no!" Gil yelled as he grabbed Chad and thrust him against the wall. "You will not hurt her!" He growled.

Chad laughed as he grabbed Gil's arms and flipped him around so he was the one pressed against the wall. "You're not so tough big guy." He sneered. Gil looked over at Quinn who was staring at him with fear filled eyes as his brother's words echoed in his mind, 'Love requires sacrifice'. Quinn I'll be okay, go get help! Gil called out.

Quinn raced from the room, leaving the boys alone. Gil struggled to break free of Chad's grasp but the magic used to control him seem to have also increased his strength. "This will be a lot quicker if you don't struggle." Chad smirked. Slowly, the spelled prince leaned into his ear whispering as Gil felt pain shoot through his chest. "Long live the queen."
🌟
A loud roar echoed through the dining hall as Mal flew in with Uma and Jane on her back. As soon as they landed the girls slid off allowing Mal to transform back. "You!" Audrey snarled. "How are you not asleep!?" Mal grinned. "Because I have friends who look out for me. They sensed your spell and got us to safety." Audrey tackled. "And you thought bringing a pregnant sea witch and a weak fairy would help you? Really Mal, I expected greater things from you. This is just too easy."

Mal ignored Audrey's taunting is she noticed Ben trapped in a cell nearby. "Ben!" She called out as she raced towards him. Mal reached out and grabbed the bars causing them to glow red. She released a yelp as she recoiled in pain. Audrey laughed as she admired the shock on everyone's faces. "Oh Mal, didn't mommy ever tell you? Iron burns fairies."

Mal glared at Audrey as she took Uma and Jane's hands. "Alone our power has its limits, but together, our power is unlimited. Are you ready girls?" Jane and Uma nodded as Mal smirked. "Then follow my lead. By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!" Mal chanted. Audrey waved her scepter and began shooting fireballs at them. "Together!" Mal yelled as they began chanting. "By the power of three, at least the scepter and set her free! By the power of three, at least the scepter and set her free!"

"No!" Audrey screamed as she hurled more fireballs and beams of magic at them. However, a magic barrier had formed around the girls as they continue to chant. "By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!" As they said it for the last time the scepter flew from Audrey's hands and headed straight for Mal. She released her hold on the girl's hands and grab the scepter. As she touched it, a purple light shot out of the scepter and surrounded her.

Everyone shielded their eyes as the glow intensified. Suddenly, in a burst of sparkling light, Mal appeared and magic swirled around the room and out of the castle, spreading across the kingdom. Mal was now wearing a purple dress with green dragon designs and high collar. A gold crown with purple and black Stones rested on her head. The scepter too, had also transformed. It was now white and sported a purple gem.

"Mal!" Ben yelled as he pulled her into a hug. "Ben thank goodness." She sighed, returning the hug. "What happened?" They all looked over to see Audrey back to her normal self sitting on the floor. "It's a long story, but basically you went evil and tried to conquer Auradon." Jane sighed, helping her up. "I did?" Audrey gasped. They all nodded as Audrey sat down in a chair. "Yeah, but it's all over." Ben sighed in relief.
🌟
Tony had his back against the wall as he held back an attacking guard. His grip on his sword was faltering, but suddenly the guards eyes changed back to normal as he looked around in confusion. "What happened?" The guard asked. Tony was about to reply when he felt someone grab his arm. He looked down to see Quinn with fear-filled eyes. "Help... Gill..." She whimpered tugging at his arm. Tony nodded as she started running down the hall. He took off after her and seeing the commotion, everyone else followed.
🌟
Mal made her way downstairs with Jane, Uma, Audrey, and Ben close behind. "What's going on?" She asked Carlos, who was following everyone down the hall. "I'm not sure," he admitted. "But Quinn and Tony ran this way."
🌟
Tony followed Quinn to a room at the end of the hall. He watched as she froze in the doorway and released a horrified scream, before darting inside. Tony made his way to the door, his heart shattering when he saw the scene inside. Quinn was hunched-over Gil's lifeless body sobbing, as blood poured from his chest. Beside her, Chad sat frozen in disbelief as he stared at the bloody dagger in his hand.

"Gil no!" Tony cried out, racing to his brother's side. He pressed his ear to Gil's bloody chest and tears poured from his eyes when he heard no heartbeat inside. He sat up and glared at the prince in front of him. "You killed him!" Chad flinched at Tony's words as he released his own tears. "I-I don't know what happened. When I woke up the k-knife was in my hand and he was on the f-floor. I never wanted... I never meant..." Chad choked out.
🌟
Carlos was about to ask Mal about her new look when a scream came from down the hall. "Come on!" Mal yelled, running in the direction of the scream. They pushed their way through to the front of the crowd that had gathered in the small room, freezing at the scene before them. "Oh no." Uma gasped as Harry wrapped his arms around her, muttering quietly. "He's gone."

Everyone stood in silence with tear-filled eyes as they watched Tony hold his brother's hand as Quinn pressed her forehead to Gil's. "I love you." She sobbed quietly, making everyone's hearts drop. One of the guards stepped forward and pressed his fingers to Gil's neck. A look of sadness crossed his face as he removed his helmet and announced what most of them already knew. "He's dead."

Author's Note

*Peaks out from behind bedroom door*

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! The battle is over. Please don't kill me.

*Shuts door and the sound of multiple locks locking can be heard*

                        -Meloetta246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.1K 26
You grew up on the isle as Uma's sister- Ursula took you as a baby from your mother Ariel as payment for giving her legs. This is how you get to Aura...
6.2K 144 11
the coming months after cotillion have been intense for Ben and (y/n), fussing with the council trying to get more kids off the isle, dealing with th...
11.9K 180 7
When the pressure of being a royal becomes too much for Mal, she returns to the Isle to find out that her archenemy Uma, daughter of Ursula, has take...
5.5K 72 10
[Descendants 3 Jay x Fem!Reader] After Cotillion, King Ben let Evie and I be more involved with Isle affairs, and now we're finally bringing over mor...