Galaxias: Retaliation

By WingedWarrior1731

Second place in The Rising Star Awards # 9 in Science-fiction # 28 in Survival (A Wattpad featured story) "So... More

Author's Note and Copyright
Prologue
Never Getting On The Bad Side
Trouble Magnet
Capturing London
Rebel Sympathisers
Attacked by the Chitauri
Birth of the Rebel Alliance
Balance
Failed Mission
Being the Badass
A Clash with Destiny
Harsh Reality
Strange Confessions
X Factor
Confessions and Unanswered Questions
Captured by a Storm
Assistance
Twisting Circumstances
Betrayal
Answers (Part 1)
Answers (Part 2)
In Transit
In the Lion's Den
The Final Battle Begins
Retribution
Epilogue
Cast

We Fight Back!

15 4 0
By WingedWarrior1731

Soundtrack: Play "So Say We All" by Audiomachine while reading this chapter.

Steve's POV

The attack from outside was unexpected, and to be honest, I was worried that I would have to fight them as well. Don't get me wrong, i already have enough blood on my hands, but the human part of me doesn't condone killing my own species. However I saw Max explaining things to the newcomer who helped him up, gesturing at me. The newcomer's eyes widened on seeing me fight the Chitauri, but to his credit, he gave a brief nod, whipped out two swords, and joined the fight.

I smiled. Glad to have another swordsman in the midst. Whipping my blade across the throat of a guard, I ducked and rolled, coming up behind another and stabbing him in the back. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jim Kirk - wait what is he doing here? - run up to a fallen Rebel on the ground. The wounded person turned his head, and I was surprised to see it was Spock. I thought they died during the Battle of Earth.

I shook my head. Max does know how to make interesting friends.

"Can you stand?" Jim asked urgently. Spock groaned in pain.

Doesn't Jim know first aid? I grumbled as I tore off a piece of cloth from another fallen Rebel. "His wound's seeping, apply pressure and bind this around the area tightly."

Jim jumped back as if he had seen a ghost, clutching his blaster shakily. "What the- Steve???"

I sighed, forgetting that he didn't know about my other identity. "Yeah, now ar you just going to stand and watch, or are you going to help?" I asked while binding the wound tightly.

His face was ashen."My God, YOU are Nemesis??!" 

Finished bandaging, I stood up and grasped my sword."Can we talk about that later? We are in the middle of a fight after all." He nodded shakily.

I stabbed a guard sneaking behind me, joining the fray. As I was cutting down the Chitauri in front of me, I briefly heard Jim shout for a medic.

Duck. Roll. Slash. Repeat.

The same routine was repeated, but giving minimal result. Endless hordes of Chitauri seemed streaming in through the doorway and even with my enhanced skills I was finding it difficult to keep up.

I ducked as a blaster shot ricocheted off a wall and grazed my ear. Turning, I saw a whole squadron of the Titan's guards bearing on us, all guns blazing. I could see Rebels falling on the ground by the minute. This was getting out of hand.

I grunted. Dammit.

****

Narrator's POV

Lieutenant Tara Larkin grunted while dodging a shot. She and her team were getting cornered by the Chitauri squadron which had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. They killed her superior with their first shot, and Tara was having difficulty preventing the same to happen to the rest of them.

"I'm out!" she shouted while ducking into a corner, discarding her empty weapon. "Anyone, any ideas?"

Foot Soldier Simpson tossed her a thermal grenade. Pulling the pin, Tara tossed it in the corridor and ducked. A flash of light and cries of horror told her she hadn't missed.

"Most of us are empty!" Someone cried out. "Just a few handguns left!"

"Get moving!" Tara cried out. "Or we will be sitting ducks!"

Running down the blazing corridor, the Rebel team found themselves facing a glass door. The outside was a mess. The Chitauri barracks were under attack by the humans, but they had lost the element of surprise. Slowly and steadily they were being pushed back. They stood horrified on seeing the human army dwindling by the minute. A large tank exploded in a flash of heat and light, killing the Rebels inside.

Tara bit her lip. This was turning to be more and more of a loss for the Rebellion.

****

Steve's POV

I swevered and dodged as much as I could, but even I was finding it difficult to keep up. I launched myself at a guard, stabbing it in the neck. Flinging its corpse aside, I looked up to find Max being surrounded by the Chitauri. I swung my blade, cutting down as many as I could. Max took care of the rest.

I helped him up. "Having fun?"

He smirked, wiping the blood from his lips. "Good to have you back, Captain."

I chuckled at the irony of us having a conversation in the midst of a battle. "I'm glad you made it out of the Battle of Earth," I winced at the bitter memories that came forth, "and although I went down a different path, you continued my legacy and rose to be a prominent Rebel. You became the leader I wasn't. Thank you."

Max looked at a loss for words. The battle raged throughout the tower, on the ground surrounding it, yet all of it became a blur as the focus was just on the two of us.

I patted his shoulder affectionately. "You did an excellent job, but now it's my turn." Max's eyes widened but I continued. "Get your men out of the tower."

"No!" He protested, standing his ground. "We came here all the way-"

"Listen!" I shook his shoulder violently, my face potraying my raging emotions. "Your bravery is admirable, but continuing will be foolish. You are no match for his power."

"His gauntlet is disabled! Together we can take him down!" He argued.

"Do you really think Thanos will be easy to defeat just because you disabled it temporarily?" I all but shouted. "Thanos was always the most powerful being in the universe. Even without the gauntlet, he will easily lay you down."

"Then what-"

"You have explosives?" I asked. He seemed surprised with the sudden question but nodded. "Plant those explosives, get your men, and get the hell out of the tower! Leave Thanos to me."

Max seemed bewildered, not happy with my plan. "And you expect to take all of his guards and Thanos alone?? As you said, he's unkillable."

I brandished my sword, sporting a wicked grin. "So am I."

Without giving him a chance to argue,I leapt forward, crashing into a group of Chitauri. Making mincemeat of them, I made my way towards the far end of the room where the Titan was sitting on his throne with a devious smirk.

"You think you can stop me?" He asked as I reached the throne, my sword and kind screaming for blood.

"I don't think, I believe!" With a roar, I jump towards him, my blade extended. He simply say there, simply wincing as I drove my blade through his heart. He threw his head back and laughed.

"So naive you are, to think you stand a chance against me!" To my horror, his form simply dissipated, leaving behind an empty throne.

A chill ran down my spine as I yanked my sword back. If that was an illusion, then where was he?

Without warning, a gigantic fist crashed against my side, throwing me on the ground. I crashed on the hard floor, wheezing and clutching my side.

Thanos slowly appeared out of thin air, the Space Stone glowing bright in his gauntlet. So he had ripped off the EMP device.

All humour was wiped off his face, replaced by anger. "I gave you new life, a new purpose, and yet you betray me?" He bellowed.

I spit out blood. "I would hardly call being responsible for murdering innocents, a new purpose. And death was certainly better than being your puppet."

He shook his head, as if disappointed at my answer. "The universe is in chaos. Only I have the will and power to bring about balance. You cling on to a dwindling ideal of peace and freedom, while blatantly ignoring the dangers right in front of you. If I had not done what I did, life would cease to exist. Yet you do not understand.

Even now your forces are ignorant, scattered, losing. My army has overwhelmed yours. Here, and everywhere. Observe for yourself."

The Space Stone glowed. As I watched in astonishment, a scene unfolded in front of me. A rocky, grass terrain. Thousands of ships filled the sky, gunfire, explosions filling the air.

"This is what is happening on your Rebel base. Observe how my forces destroy yours forever."

The Rebel base? Shit! I thought as I witnessed the massacre of my fellow humans. I tried to get up, but my body failed to respond. Even on the ground, I saw the human army fighting with the Titan's elite army, the Outriders - horrible and powerful creatures whom very few have failed to defeat.

No! I mentally screamed on seeing the buildings burning, the humans getting torn alive. Losing.

My eyes widened on seeing lean figure fending off a horde of the mindless aliens, with a humanoid who wore the garbs of a Scavenger. Tania and Kragil?? How were they still alive? How much have I truly missed since the day I died?

As I watched, Kragil was flung off his feet. As he fell, caught off guard, a hoard of Outriders jumped at him, viscously clawing at his face. No!

In the distance, a man in a gigantic red-and-golden robotic exoskeleton was hurled down by nearly ten Outriders. His screams of agony could be heard clearly even from here.

"There's too many of them!! Aagh! Aaagh!!!"

My heart sank. Is this what happens to us? All of our fighting, for nothing? My insides lurched. Kragil. Tania. All of the Rebels-

BOOM!

The very earth shook as a laser beam the size of boulder slammed into the ground. Something sharp and blue shot out from the circular beam and zigzagged its way through hoards of Outriders, electrocuting them all, dead. It bulldozed past the weapon mounted on Kragil, incinerated the Outriders near Tania. It roasted the enemies over the exoskeleton, and whizzed straight back to be caught in the middle of the laser beam.

What the hell was that? I wondered. Thanos's face had become ashen with fear on seeing the scene. What the-

The white beam disappeared instantly, revealing a man in black Norse armour wielding an axe and a female human in a spacesuit holding a proton cannon beside him. Holy shit, that is Thor!

Cull Obsidian and Proxima Midnight, who were leading the ground charge, stood shocked and clueless by his miraculous appearance. "You guys are so screwed now!" The man in the exoskeleton put his helmet back on.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor hollered. And he ran. Ran faster than any God I'd ever seen, with every surviving fighter at his back. He began to sparkle an electric blue, and then jumped straight into the air, power and energy simply radiating from him. Gathering the lightning from his surroundings, Thor Odinson fueled himself with power before driving his axe down into the ground with the fall, obliterating every single Outrider in his path.

We've reached the climax! The Rebels have shown they will surrender not even an inch. Can Steve stop Thanos? What do you think?
Thor to the rescue once again! Changing the very tide of the battle! What will happen next? Let's wait and see.
The final scene with Thor is actually what happened in Infinity War in the Battle of Wakanda, with a few edits of my own.
The finals are approaching😥😥 and all the time is spent on studies. But the spirit of Wattpad triumphs as I give you the latest chapter of "Galaxias"! Hope you liked it.
Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Earth, After ✔️ By T

Science Fiction

38.3K 3K 37
Some fates are worse than death--survival is one of them. In the two hundred years since humanity left the Earth's surface to live in the sky, life...
32.6K 1.1K 28
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this story other than Indiana and Wesley. Spoiler warning for the following movies: "Avengers: Age O...
4.4K 46 36
[Completed] An ex-hydra test subject that had been in hiding for years was mysteriously found by none other than Nick Fury. But when darkness occurs...
1.5K 38 10
Finally taken from the depths of hell, all I want is freedom. Instead, fate demands I accept a new master. A relentless alien alpha with orange scale...