Ignite โ”€ Ben Hardy

Por itonya

โ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป. ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€... Mais

INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER ONE โ” PICK YOUR SIDE
CHAPTER TWO โ” BUMBLE
CHAPTER THREE โ” CURIOSITY
CHAPTER FOUR โ” ALMOST HAPPY
CHAPTER FIVE โ” SILENT TREATMENT
CHAPTER SIX โ” RIGHT HERE WAITING
CHAPTER SEVEN โ” MORE THAN WORDS
CHAPTER EIGHT โ” TELL ME A LIE
CHAPTER NINE โ” MORNING BELL
CHAPTER TEN โ” UNDER PRESSURE
CHAPTER ELEVEN โ” A CASE OF YOU
CHAPTER TWELVE โ” MOVING ON
CHAPTER THIRTEEN โ” FIRST LOVE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN โ” NOTHING BREAKS LIKE A HEART
CHAPTER SIXTEEN โ” UPSIDE DOWN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN โ” ETERNAL FLAME
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN โ” BLEEDING LOVE
CHAPTER NINETEEN โ” SOMEONE TO STAY
CHAPTER TWENTY โ” IGNITE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN โ” BURY A FRIEND

2.1K 81 35
Por itonya

𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.

2008

          TODAY SHOULD HAVE PASSED WITH MERRIMENT EVERYWHERE, but no, there was always a problem between them and Shanessa Woodley was adequately exhausted of it. A gloomy empyrean that had dominated the horizon since this morning had already ticked off that something would happen, something that neither of them wanted to take place, of course.

High school was somewhat predictable, you were popular then you survived, but if you were a nerd, a wallflower, were part of the club that infested the lowest existence in the school, there were an absolute odds that you would frequently hit the rock bottom. The pressure coming from a bunch of know-it-all students were extremely toxic, not everyone, but the majority of them was.

While Shailene decided not to take any extracurricular, a privilege of being the daughter of the school principal, Shanessa was part of the cheerleading team, thus conveniently drove her to enter the cool kids' inner circle. The amount of party, shopping invitations, chocolates and flowers from secret admirers on the Cupid's Day, every distinction that a popular girl received, she had them all. But, Shanessa never let it get to her head, she came to school to study, hang out with a few real friends and later, graduated. The girl had dreams, she wished to succeed in the future, made a name for herself, that was why a status at high school wasn't really important to her.

And in the process, Shanessa also found other bliss, a boyfriend more precisely. Eugene Lee was the name, a transferred student from South Korea, bumped into her on the first day of sophomore year. Both of them froze when they gazed at each other, stuttered out messy apologies before helped to gather each other's stuff that tumbled down the floor during the collision. They might be young at the time, but they recognized the term of first love, it would definitely happen in the phase of one's life.

Initially, they didn't see themselves as a piece of those two syllables, but they hollowed out deep feelings to one another ever since the encounter. Then, a few months later after heaps of stealing glances, partnering on assignments, sitting across each other at the canteen, tutoring lessons, Shanessa and Eugene agreed they were better together.

For Eugene, she was everything a man would desire and need, as well as everything a boy would not understand, value and take for granted. She was the best decision, the greatest friend and adventure.

For Shanessa, he was everything big and small, and all of them are wonderful. A place where there was nothing before, blossomed into love because of him. He was a kind of throwback to a time when love didn't cost a thing, but was everything.

They loved each other in a way that anyone could really only do the first time around.

Unfortunately, it came with various risks, especially after Shanessa was chosen to be the head of the cheerleading team. In a flash, mockeries were thrown over at Eugene, divers rude whispers from other students who questioned what exactly Shanessa saw in him, cynical gazes from the boys in the basketball team stabbed his skull every step he took, and even monition blows stigmatized his face in certain days. Sometimes it all occurred without her knowing.

"Maybe you should stop seeing me in the field," Shanessa suggested lowly as they sat face-to-face on the bench outside the schoolyard, her hands immediately working to clean his scantily bleeding bottom lip. "Tell me where you want to meet, I'll come to you. It's better than you have to get hurt first before you can pick me up."

"And watch them eyeing you with their dirty gaze?" A grunt fled off Eugene's lips, flinching a bit against the stinging sensation. Out of instinct, Eugene took off his school varsity and placed it on top of Shanessa's thighs, realizing that she was still currently wearing her cheerleader uniform, revealed some skins to the world. "I'd rather take these punches than do that."

"They're not going to do anything, Eugene. My dad is the principal, remember?" Shanessa reminded him softly. "What are you gonna tell your parents this time? You cannot just lie again, they'll figure it out sooner or later."

"Let me worry about that." A hint of uncertainty washed over the tone of his voice, but Eugene was great at covering things up. "You should focus on studying and practicing. I heard your team is going to Regional next week? Focus on that, Nessa."

"How can I even do that?" Shanessa exhaled begrudgingly before she also swabbed the speck of sweat on his forehead. "They ganged up on you because of me every single damn time."

"Here's the thing, they're a bunch of aroused juveniles that want to get into your pants, now what kind of boyfriend will let his girl alone after knowing their true intentions?" Eugene pointed out as a matter of factly. "If I keep coming to you they won't lay a hand on you."

"Yeah, but they will lay a hand on you!" Shanessa remarked exasperatedly. "I don't want to see you getting hurt everyday. Or at least, let me tell my dad, so those bullies can bid farewell from this school immediately."

"No. Leave your dad out of this." That was one thing about Eugene, he hardly liked to involve other people, particularly the adults, when the matter was only between the two of them and their friends. "I'm your boyfriend for a reason, I can handle this alone. Whoever tries to get to you, they have to get through me first."

"How can you even protect me if you get hurt?" A pout made its way to Shanessa's lips. "And you're not my boyfriend."

Eugene raised an eyebrow, amused. "Who am I to you then?"

"Other half."

Tranquility engulfed the atmosphere for a moment before both of them burst out laughing. "That is so cheesy."

The next two weeks were supposed to be exhilarating weeks for them, with Eugene's birthday in sight and Shanessa had prepared a surprise, the girl plainly wished nothing bad happen. But then again, why did the universe need to lend an ear to an adjuration from a teenage girl who was drunk in love?

It happened too fast, all Shanessa could filter in her brain was a symbolic birthday cake that was supposed to be one of the surprises, instead, it became a calamity, a nightmare that none of them could escape. Yes, the cake was ruined because those bullies decided it was a stigma to the scenery, and what made it more horrid they pushed it to Eugene's face straightforwardly.

Now, it wasn't about the cake anymore. With candles that were still burning, it cruelly devoured his eyes.

The excruciating cries of pain that streaming out of Eugene's lips dreadfully pounded Shanessa's world, shook her to the core, eroding her brain's performance for her to take the whole rumpus all at once. She was stunned upon the soil, grossly shocked at what happened. If it wasn't for Shailene who had come to her rescue, perhaps Shanessa could only stupidly stare at the boy and leave him to die.

"We'll take Eugene back to South Korea." The sentence Shanessa feared the most was eventually popped out of his mother's mouth. If she wasn't under the spell of petrifaction, she surely would voice out her disagreement, but she couldn't deny the fact that this partly happened because of her. "Maybe letting him move here is not the best idea. But, know that this is not your fault, Nessa, it's ours."

Even though it happened eleven years ago, Shanessa still thought that it was her fault up until now, she was the reason Eugene almost lost his eyesight. If on that specific day they didn't bump into each other, none of this would happen. There would be no life threatened, obscurity parting, and the agony of heartbreak afterward.

Having a shot at trusting the words of Eugene's parents at the time who alleged that it wasn't her fault did not make her any less unsettling because it didn't come from Eugene himself. Throughout her life after the accident, a part of her never felt at ease anymore. Each night she unconsciously kept looking for him, checked her phone and waited to hear from him, but it was pointless for his parents disconnected every relative Eugene had, including herself.

Shanessa thought she would be fine, time would heal her, but in fact, it didn't. Although she forced herself to put the past behind, replace and forget him, it only made her life feel fake. The same way when Shanessa declared she had feelings for Ben. She liked Ben, yes, but it wasn't the feeling she had for Eugene.

Shanessa took a sharp breath in, she couldn't get away from the burning pain inside her so she looked everywhere but him. The café they were in was already empty of visitors, no wonder considering it was past midnight.

Shanessa had a lot of questions, but she did not have the vigor to get them out at once, not after she also saw the pain in Ben's eyes when she opted to walk away with Eugene. "Why, um, why did you come back?"

"It's not your fault, Nessa." There was a smile, a warm one on Eugene's lips. It was as if he wanted to pull Shanessa out of the orifice of guilt, releasing the burden that she realized was still gibbeting heavily on her shoulders. Shanessa was quiet, she waited for him to continue, and when he did, it felt like the sun ultimately shines on her again. "I think my accident was meant to happen, and the two of us just happened to be there."

Eugene was the one who introduced her to everything, made her love him, loved her back, and also broke her heart. His love held youth and everything she thought love would be until she could do nothing other than constantly compare other person to him.

Reminding her of how much he meant and how much she loved him in the past, Shanessa realized she wasn't completely over him as much as she hoped.

Maybe this is the sign that Ben and I have to take the opposite direction. From now on.

𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎.

Blondie Ben
Hey, Shai.

Brunette Shai
Welp, there's always a
first time of everything.

Blondie Ben
Uh. . . what?

Brunette Shai
You never messaged me
unless it was an emergency.

Brunette Shai
Which I'm assuming
now is that time.

Blondie Ben
Lol sorry I will text
you more next time.

Brunette Shai
Haha, please don't.

Brunette Shai
I'll be super confused which
Ben is my boyfriend.

Blondie Ben
That honestly still
makes laugh 😂

Blondie Ben
Are there no available men
besides those named Ben?

Brunette Shai
Shut up, rapunzel.
What do you want?

Blondie Ben
I want nothing.

Brunette Shai
To think that I'd
believe your lie.

Blondie Ben

Blondie Ben
Alright, you got me.

Blondie Ben
I actually need a name.

Brunette Shai
Details.

Blondie Ben
Tall guy, dark-waving locks,
handsome face probably
the true Asian beauty,
has square-shaped smile,
seems to know Shanessa
really well?

Blondie Ben
Idk, he's very unexplainable.

Brunette Shai
No shit sherlock.

Blondie Ben
. . . . .
Who is he?

Brunette Shai
That's Eugene Lee!
Nessa's ex-boyfriend.

Brunette Shai
When did you see them?

Blondie Ben
Two days ago, I believe.

Brunette Shai
THAT SON OF WITCH.
Why haven't I heard this?!

Blondie Ben
You sound terribly excited?

Brunette Shai
Well, of all the men who had
been close to Nessa, my family
liked Eugene the most.

Brunette Shai
He's the best, no one is
comparable to him in
Nessa's dictionary.

Blondie Ben
Ouch.
To think I was incomparable.
ERASED

Blondie Ben
Oh, I see.

Brunette Shai
It's not too late, y'know.

Blondie Ben
Huh?

Brunette Shai
Take your time
and figure it out :)

𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖.

Liked by msimelda, lanacondor, coreyhawkins and 621.048 others
benhardy best friend appreciation post 🧡
[tagged: shanessawoodley]

View all comments

username AFTER 939371829 YEARS

username are they a thing now?

username LIKE THIS COMMENT IF YOU THINK THEY'RE FRIENDSHIP GOALS

username yikes i still don't ship them.

vancityreynolds you both looks familiar.
robertdowneyjr they're an AU
version of you and Blake.
vancityreynolds HAHAHAHA.
offended.

sophiet FINALLY SOME CONTENT FROM THE ACTUAL OTP. EVERYONE SAY THANK YOU.
itstyesheridan tHAnk u, next.
joejonas pls break up with your inner
fangirl 'cause I'm bored.

oliviamunn y'all are the cutest❣️

username mY fucking wig is gone did someone saw it???

username holy shit my hearteu.

username benessa > any other friendship!!!

username the two faces that make me the happiest jskslsls

zendaya PeRfEcTiOn.

joe_mazzello I bet my ass Ben has a huge crush on Shanessa :)
benhardy go to sleep, you're drunk.
imsebastianstan drunk!joe always
tells the truth.
shailenewoodley b-b-b-bingo!

mrgwilymlee oh my god I'm dead I died I'm deceased.

username you're so handsome I want to cry.

username this is: the cutest picture on this planet of literally all time

username name a more iconic duo, i'll wait.
username vmin taekook namjin
yoonmin sope etc etc. don't even fight
me on this.
username who the hell are they???
itsaubrey your future presidents.

username eww and suddenly everyone is a fan

lucyboynton1 keeping us well fed thank u.

bethivanova the lack of me in this pic makes me sad.
username YES, FACTS.
benhardy I have your picture
as my lockscreen, kween 🙌🏻
therealleech you little bitch, one is
enough.

jasonharper no one:
benessa: *breaks the internet*

username Ben is really out there stealing Roger's chaotic energy, huh?

username cut Shanessa from this picture.

username THIS SHIP IS SHIT EVERYONE!

username but shanessa is not that good???
tomholland2013 YaLL PLaYAs
haTAs yOU sHOuld lOVe yOURSELF
BRRR
       ↳ username a concept: tom's next
            lip sync battle song is cypher 4.

𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎.

Woody
Hey.

Buzz
Nessa! Hi :)

Woody
Can you do something
for me?

Buzz
Of course!
Anything for you, love.

Woody
Delete the picture.

Buzz
. . . .

Buzz
Why?

Woody
I'm so sorry.

Woody
But, it just feels wrong.

Buzz
Wrong? How is that wrong to you?

Buzz
So, you mean me appreciating
our friendship is wrong?

Woody
No, not that.

Woody
You're going to make
other people get the
wrong idea about us.

Woody
You know how the media
works, they're just going
to assume something more
than just a friendship is
happening between us.

Buzz
Since when is this about
other people? About the media?
This is about me and you, Nes.
This is about our friendship.

Woody
So, the minute I start
walking away from you,
are just you beginning to
appreciate me? How nice
of you :)
ERASED

Woody
You had your chance.

Buzz
What?

Woody
Just fucking delete it, Ben.

Buzz
Is this because of that guy?

Woody
He has nothing
to do with this.

Buzz
Then tell me the truth!

Buzz
Why can't I post a picture
with you when in fact
we've done that for the
past five years?

Woody
It's different now.
You don't understand.

Buzz
Try me.

Woody
Just delete it, please.

Buzz
No.

Buzz
Let that guy see it first.
I want him to know because
of him you changed so much
and I started to lose my best
friend.

Woody
Why do you care if you
lose me? You have Beth
and your BoRhap cast.

Buzz
Because I need you.

Buzz
I need you so bad that
I start thinking my life
depends on you.

Buzz
You helped me, Nessa.
You've helped me through
my difficult time after Katriona.
And if you think it's alright to
just walk away from me then
you're wrong.

Buzz
You're the only constant person
I have in my life after Kat,
and I just can't imagine losing
the both of you.

Woody
I'm sorry, Ben.
But, not all of us
are meant to stay.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
Oh the downfall, here we go.

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

442K 7.9K 45
"maybe you can show me how to love, maybe" social media x real life started may 2020- completed october 2020
948K 22.9K 78
๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„. i don't want you to be the one that got away, i wanna get addicted to you โช social media x real l...
126K 3.2K 40
in which a suit jacket saves the day and becomes the catalyst for a relationship. sebastian stan social media au x real life lowercase intended
59.6K 1.4K 51
๐–ซ๐– ๐–ฃ๐–จ๐–ค๐–ฒ ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ฆ๐–ค๐–ญ๐–ณ๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ค๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ซ ๐–ธ๐–ฎ๐–ด ๐–ฏ๐–ซ๐–ค๐– ๐–ฒ๐–ค ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ง ๐–ค๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ธ ๐–ฆ๐–ด๐–จ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ฒ๐–ข๐– ๐–ฑ ๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ฌ๐–ธ ๐–ง๐– ๏ฟฝ...