Best Friends (DISCONTINUED)

By latesleeper

Being friends for a long time now. Will you stay friends or become something more than that? More

Prologue : Meeting You Guys
1 : Early Morning Greetings
2 : Best Friends
3 : SCHOOL
4 : This Idiot
5 : Oh, no
6 : Sleepover
7 : Problems
8 : A Plan
9 : Plan Formation
10 : Initiating Plan
11 : Just Pin Her To The Wall
12 : Why Am I Doing This Again?
13 : Marinette Lips
14 : Date?!
15 : You Look- SEXY!
17 : Text Messages
18 : You...
19 : WHAT?!
20 : MY girlfriend
21 : She's Out
22 : NO!
23 : I'm Sorry
24 : Way To Ruin The Mood, Kitty
25 : Bye Luka
26 : Pizza Hangover
27 : Adrien Wears Panties?
28 : Bro...
29 : Kitty, Are You Okay?
30 : I Should Have Known
discontinued

16 : Strolling Around

4.1K 105 131
By latesleeper

Alya

It was the day of Adrienette's date and Plagg, Tikki, Nino and I are going to follow them. Hehe. The three of us are currently in the park, waiting for Nino to show up. He had left a few minutes ago, to go to Marinette's house and find out where Adrienette were going.

But now I'm starting to get impatient.

"Where is that idiot?!" I exclaimed and stomped my feet on the ground. Plagg looked at me and rose an eyebrow while Tikki giggled.

A few minutes passed before Tikki spotted him. "Look! He's there!"

I turned around and saw him running towards us. "You better have something." I sneered at him. My feet were aching so he better have something that was worth the wait.

"Yeah, earlier..." He panted. "Adrien mentioned a stroll around the city."

I groaned. Great, just what my aching feet need. Walking.

"Okay, any specific places he mentioned visiting?" Plagg asked.

Nino nodded, "Yeah, the zoo, then they're going to get some ice cream and that's all he mentioned." He finished and shrugged.

"Okay, let's go!" Plagg announced happily and Tikki and Nino's hands and began to drag them with him. He didn't grab mine because he knew I would hit him. Fun memories.

---

We walked into the zoo and began our search for our two dear friends. The four of us separated to look for them, whoever found them would alert the group via text message.

I was walking towards the panther enclosure until I heard a familiar laugh and I jumped into a nearby bush. I peek through the leaves and saw them, laughing and eating cotton candy.

I quickly took out my phone and texted the three through our group chat.

Alya: I found them. They're at the panther enclosure.

I put my phone down and listened to the conversation. Which is bad, I know. But I can't help it, they're right next to me. They were sitting on a bench that was only a few metres away from the bush I was hiding in.

"Yeah, I can't believe Nino was that smart!" Marinette said and burst into laughter, as well and Adrien.

What the heck are they laughing about? Nino? What did Nino do? How and when was he smart? I need more context!

I sighed. As far as I'm concerned, this two are just confusing.

The two of them stopped laughing and engaged in a quiet conversation. Just then, a loud scream filled the silence. Oh shit. I quickly took my phone and put it on silent mode.

"Was that yours?" Adrien asked.

"Nope, mine is on silent mode." Marinette said.

"Hmm..."

Please don't search for the sound. Please don't search for the sound. Your whole relationship depends on me not being found!

"Maybe it was someone from the other side of the board?" Marinette said. I then realized that the bench they were sitting on was in front of a sign board or whatever, I don't care! Just buy it you blonde chicken!

Adrien sighed.

Is he buying it?!

"Fine." He said.

Yes! Now, what unfortunate soul is going to face my wrath for almost getting me caught.

Tikki: Okay, we're on our way ^-^

Dammit! I can't hurt Tikki. She's too nice.

Nino: I just sneezed after you texted me. Are they talking about me?

Alya: WTF? How does that happen?

Nino: It's a gift.

Okay, maybe Nino. Wait, what? Does he have some kind of power that makes him to sneeze when people are talking about him? Cause if he did, people would think his allergic to air or something, cause we talk about him a lot. More like insult but they're the same thing.

Plagg: Where are you?

Plagg: I see them but not you?

Plagg: Where tf are you?

I peeked out of the bushes and searched for Plagg. He wasn't there.

Alya: Where are YOU?

Plagg: I asked you that!

Alya: No seriously, where are you?

Plagg: Where are you?!

Alya: WHERE ARE YOU?!

I was fuming. What kind of sorcery is this!?

Plagg: I'M THE ONE WHO ASKED YOU FIRST!

Plagg: WHERE ARE YOU?!

Tikki: Can you two quit it!

Nino: I can see you hair behind the bushes Plagg

Wait, the fuck? I turned to my left and saw Plagg crouching down behind the bushes. When did he get here?!

Plagg: Well, i won't till Alya tells me where she is. I can't see her anywhere.

I grabbed a rock and threw it at him. It hit his neck. "Owie!" He exclaimed and jumped out of the bushes. Shit! He's going to expose us!

Wait, where did Adrienette go?

"Great, we lost them." Plagg sighed and stared at the empty bench they were both sitting on.

"No, you two lost them." Tikki said and pointed at us while giving us both an accusing stare. I walked out of the bushes and sighed. "Well, none of this would happen if Plagg told me where he was." I crossed my arms and turned away.

"WHAT-"

"Okay, that's enough of both of you." Tikki interrupted. "Look, they're over there!" She point ahead of us. Sure enough, Adrien and Marinette were there next to the tiger enclosure.

"Aww, they look so cute!" Plagg cooed.

"Yeah." Nino smiled. He suddenly sneezed and rubbed his nose. "Today is not my day."

I turned back to the Marinette and Adrien, who were now laughing. Maybe they were talking about Nino.

---

After an hour of walking around and looking at the animals, they left the zoo and made their way to the bridge. I wonder why though. I mean, the bridge does have a nice view.. at night. A nice and romantic view that is. But these two are going now.

Why?!

I pulled Nino's had back behind the tree we were hiding behind when I saw Marinette turn around. They were currently in front of the ice rink where they entered.

I turned to Nino and gave him a confused glance. "I thought you said-"

"I don't know?!" He threw his hands up in defence when I glared at him. Tikki and Plagg approached us.

"What's wrong?" Tikki asked.

"Why are they going to the ice rink?" She asked again when she noticed Adrien and Marinette entering the building.

"Who cares! This boy's a genius!" Plagg exclaimed with a proud smile. He suddenly pulled out a couple of hats, scarfs and sunglasses.

"What are this for?" I asked and looked at him. He smirked and threw a scarf around his neck, "Disguises!" He said and gave us a hat, scarf and glasses each.

"Is this the best you could come up with?" Tikki asked as she put the hat on her head, covering her noticeable black and dyed red hair.

"Yes it is, Tikki. Yes it is." Plagg said and threw on his shades.

"Look, I even have a mustache!" Nino pulled out a fake mustache out of his pocket and planted it above his lips. I face palmed and took off my glasses and replaced it with the sunglasses Plagg gave us. Everything looked blurry and dark.

I didn't really have the best vision and basically needed glasses since I was little, Nino on the other hand was just short-sighted. But wears his glasses because he wants to showoff.

I took the shades off and frowned at the others.

"What? What is it?" Plagg asked with a confused expression.

"I can't see clearly." I said.

"Not a problem!" Plagg exclaimed and disappeared.

"What the-" I stopped when he returned with a pink helmet and put it on my head.

"There! All fixed!" He said and began to walk off. "Come on, guys!" He gestured us to follow.

"Yeah, how unnoticeable." I sarcastically stated before following.

---

We entered the ice rink and saw the two of them skating. Marinette wasn't a good skater to start with so, yay!

Thank you Marinette and your incapabilities!

We watched as Marinette tried to stand on her feet but miserably failed, falling on her butt.

"Ow.." I heard her groan. I chuckled and watched as Adrien skated over to her to lend her a hand. She took his hand and he pulled her up, a bit too forcefully, causing them both to collide.

"Sqee!" I heard a squeak. Nino and Tikki also noticed, and we also noticed that it was Plagg.

"Umm..." Tikki said with an uncomfortable glance. "How...manly?" She snorted and turned away.

"Shut up!" He waved us off angrily when Nino and I began to chuckle.

"Look! Look!" He pointed. We turned and looked.

---
Adrien

My heart skipped a beat when we collided. I stared into her bluebell eyes. I never knew they sparkled some much, I could also see specks of dark blue in them. I blinked when I felt her pull away. I felt disappointed that there was space between us.

She flashed a smiled and tried to skate but began to slip, but I quickly grabbed her waist before she could fall.

There it was. That feeling. The warm feeling I get whenever we're close together.

"Man, skating is harder than I thought." I heard her mumble under her breath.

I chuckled upon hearing her say that. In fact, Marinette has never been a great skater. And she knew that. That's why she barely came to the skating rink but today, I think she was feeling confident.

"Okay, I'm gonna try standing still when you push me!" She said and gave me a determined look. I nodded and pushed her.

Causing her to fall on the ice.

Oops.

"Not that hard!" She exclaimed and pouted angrily. I swear I heard a couple of smacks but it was only the two of us hear. I than realized that there were four people sitting on the back seats, watching us.

What a bunch of creeps. I mean, seriously. One of them is wear a helmet indoors.

"Adrien! When are you gonna help me?!" I snapped my head back to Marinette who was pouting on the ground, looking like a little kid. I laughed and hoisted her up.

"Okay, let's try that again." I said and put my hand on her waist.

"Ready." I whispered in her ear. She nodded in response. I gently pushed her back and she slid away.

"WOOOHOO! YEAH!" She scream in excitement as she slid to the ice, careful not to move. I laughed and skated over to her and turned back to face her as we skated.

She had the most brightest smile I have ever seen. I extended my hands to her, "Do you trust me?" I asked. She looked at my hand and then at me. "Trust you?" She asked and cocked her head to the side.

I nodded. She bit her lip and put her hands in mine. "Sure I do." I grinned and pulled her along with me.

"ADRIEN!" She squealed in delight as I lifted her above my head and spun her around. I put her down and she looked at me with excitement as I skated and pulled her along. I began to around her while slowly slid on the ice. She giggled when I came up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I held her hand with my free hand and let us slide along the ice. I heard her giggling as we skated. I wished this moment would never end.

She suddenly slipped and fell.

I stopped and looked at her while she look back at me.

We both burst into laughter. I honestly hope that whatever happens during this whole fake dating thing, it won't effect our friendship.

We stopped laughing and I went over to her to help her up. "Well, how about some ice cream?" I asked as I pulled her up.

She nodded, "Sounds good."

---

Marinette and I walked over to the bridge where André was. Early we had checked through Instagram to see if anyone had spotted him and alas! Someone had bought ice cream and posted it. He was supposedly famous for his ice creams that bring people together. And I'm here to find out if they work.

"I can't wait to taste it! My parents said it's the best in all of Paris!" Marinette exclaimed and skipped beside me.

"Yeah, and I hear they make people fall in love!" I grinned and gave her a suggestive look. "So do tell if you feel anything for me afterwards."

"Oh whatever!" She laughed in my face.

My attention was drawn to the guy who was shouting random things while scooping up some ice cream. He was a tall and plump man with dark hair that was mostly covered by a blue beret and a very french mustache.

"That must be him!" Marinette squealed and pulled me forcefully towards the stand.

"Hello Monsieur André!" She greeted politely. André smiled at us. I could see his eyes gleaming with interest.

"Ah! Young love!" He exclaimed and clapped his hands together while swaying side to side.

Marinette and I exchanged nervous glances.

"But what if this!?" He frowned and leaned close to Marinette. He clicked his tongue and shook his head.

Marinette looked frightened by the reaction.

He than looked me in the eye and smiled. "There is love in your eyes." He pointed out as if it was the most obvious thing.

"There is?" I asked.

"How?" Marinette asked.

André just smiled and took out a tall, thin glass and began to scoop different flavours into the cup. I think it was vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, blackberry and blueberry. And he said things like this is like her hair, her eyes and blah, blah blah. I really wasn't concentrating on what he was saying cause I wanted that ice cream!

He finally handed me my ice cream and I smiled at him. I took a while so me to notice that the colours were kinda reminded me of Marinette.

"There is love in your eyes." I recalled what André had said earlier. I smiled and tasted it.

"Mm!" I hummed in delight.

"LUCKY!" Marinette wailed.

"Uh, don't worry my dear!" André smiled at her and took out another glass and began to scoop some ice cream on. He finished and gave it to her which made her squeal in delight.

Marinette's was...really something... It was like some kind of abomination..No more like a collision of blue, black and green and yellow.

"I think I got it right..." I heard André whisper to himself.

"Yum!" Marinette smiled. "They're right! You are the best!"

"Aww," André gushed at the compliment. I nodded in agreement. "Thanks kids." He said.

We waved goodbye and left. "Hope I see you again!" He exclaimed.

"You can count on that!" Marinette exclaimed back.

"Let's go to the park and enjoy this!" She said as she took another bite.

"That is, if there's anything left by the time we get there." I chuckled.

"True."

---

We were sitting down on a bench in the park, finishing up our ice cream. It was a long day, but it was fun. And I'm also quite surprised that Nino, Alya, Tikki and Plagg didn't appear. Which, I must say, is quite impressive.

"What are you chuckling about?" I heard Marinette asked.

I turned to her and grinned. "It has been a nice day. No Nino, Alya and Plagg."

"And Tikki." She added.

"Right. And Tikki." I repeated and laughed.

"What do you think they're doing?" She asked and looked up at the sky. The sun was about to go down and the street lights were turning on.

I leaned back and sighed in content. "Who cares! For all I know, Nino is probably reading some fanfiction he wrote about us." Marinette giggled.

"Do you think Alya, Plagg and Tikki are the only ones who've read and voted for it?"

"I think the whole school."

Nino writing a story was plausible. Actually, it was true. He actually loves to read and is good at writing but he loves music even more. There was actually one time I found a file in his computer where he stored all his stories about Marinette and I. Some of his stories scared me for life.

I shivered at the memory.

"Are you cold?" Marinette asked, probably noticing my shiver. I shook my head. "No, I was just recalling something.." I said.

"What?"

"Nino's fanfics."

"Wait, he actually writes those?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"What made you think I was lying?" I rose a brow at her.

She just scratched her head and shrugged. "Seems about right." She said and gazed up at the sky. "It's getting dark." She stated and stood up. "Let's head back to my place. We can hang out there while you wait for your driver." She said.

"Yeah." I stood up as well and pulled out my phone to text my driver.
---

"Ahh, Marinette you're home. Hello Adrien." Sabine smiled at me from behind the counter as we entered the bakery.

"Hey mom!"

"Hello, Sabine." I smiled back.

"Did you guys enjoy your outing?" She asked. The two of us nodded.

"Mom, we tried André's ice-cream!" Marinette exclaimed. Sabine looked at her in amusement and grinned. "Was it good?"

"The best!" Marinette exclaimed. "Anyway, Adrien and I are gonna go upstairs and watch TV while waiting for his driver!" Without a response from her mother, she pulled me upstairs.

"Right!" She said and slumped on the couch.

"How was the date?" I asked her as I sat down on the couch next to her.

She grinned from ear to ear and nodded. "It was great! I really enjoyed it, though my feet still hurts."

I laughed at her as she pouted.

---
Plagg

Awww, look at my babies. So precious! I have to contain myself.

Today was something to behold. The best day of my life! I love everything about it!

"Plagg!" Tikki pulled me down by my shirt.

"What, woman!? I was admiring the view!" I exclaimed. How dare she pull me away from my babies?!

"Let's call it a day!" She said and gestured Nino and Alya, who were taking off their shoes and massaging their feet.

"Remind me why we walked when your car was right here?" Alya groaned and gestured my black car that was parked beside us.

"Cause, you slackers, if Adrienette's is gonna walk, we are too! Besides, I would've crashed or something..." I trailed off. There was definitely a 90% chance of me crashing because of frustration, excitement, fanboying or something along the lines of that. Couldn't have three lives on the line because of that.

"Right. Besides, i wonder how Adrien didn't notice it." Nino pondered.

"Eh, probably to smitten to notice." I laughed.

Then I saw a familiar black car that almost looked like mine pulled up behind my car.

"Oh shit! It's the driver. Adrien will be out in any minute!" I exclaimed and took out the key from my jacket pocket. I opened the car and hurried Nino and Alya to get in.

"Bye guys!" Tikki waved at us once we got in.

I lost grip on the keys and they fell to the floor of the car. "OH SHIT!" I cursed and reached my hands down and began to search for those damn keys.

"Plagg." Nino and Alya exclaimed. From my rear view mirror, I could see Adrien coming out of the door. But his back was turned.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!

He turned around.

Fuck!

..

Aha! I grabbed the key and quickly inserted it into the keyhole and the car roared to life. I changed the gear and stepped the accelerator pedal.

"Woo..he didn't see us." I heard Nino sigh from behind.

"What a day." Alya said.

My heart beat went back to normal as we came to a stop at the traffic lights.

"Shit! Is that them!?" Alya exclaimed.

I looked at my mirror and sure enough, the car was right behind us. "Let's take a detour!" I said and turned the wheel and stepping on the accelerator.

It was worth it, anyway.
•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 3.6K 52
Marinette suffers a life threatening disease. Only her parents know until she bumps into Adrien at the hospital. She begs him to keep it a secret an...
2K 109 14
When Adrien finds out he's a senti - human, a lot of problems start to arise. Adrien finally realizes his feelings for Marinette and Marinette realiz...
94.4K 2K 23
It's been one year since the day master fu gave Marinette and Adrien the honors of being miraculous holders, but the effects of special day might jus...
Princess By Ella

Fanfiction

96.5K 4.4K 22
"You are my Princess, Marinette. You know that. Don't ever forget it!" They say that words can change lives, but for Marinette, an ordinary Parisian...