Greed and Despond (Ban x Sin...

Bởi 0Shadow_Child0

!!!WARNING-SLOW BURN!!! {Seven Deadly Sins} ~ Completed ~ The Seven Deadly Sins- a group famously known for t... Xem Thêm

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Reader Appreciation Chapter
26
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
Apprecaiting You!
36
37
38
Request Chapter!
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
Extra Because I'm Bored And Too Lazy To Write Another Chap
63
QUICK THING
:)
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
KINKTOBERRRRR
84
Q&A Thing!!
85
86
Xmas Special
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100-END
That's All Folks!

32

23.7K 865 1.3K
Bởi 0Shadow_Child0

We had all gathered outside of the Boar Hat, discussing topics of various origin. We had come to this town due to a rumor King had heard about the Eight Deadly Sins being here, but we all thought it was pretty safe to assume that it was the group of kids that he heard about. There was little doubt in my mind that they had proclaimed to some Holy Knight apprentices that they were the infamous Eight Deadly Sins. 

I was sitting on the roof next to Ban, King hovering near Diane while Meli stood on the ground next to Ellie and Hawk.

"They were roommates, y'know!" King spoke, conveying his shock with his expression as he finished his story.

"Oh, my god, they were roommates?" I asked, face wide with surprise as well. Ban probably wasn't listening, it was pretty obvious that he was zoning out. He had this face that he did when he was out of it- his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he stared with his lips pursed into the distance.

I nudged him, and his head shot to the side. He glared upon seeing me, "Oh. It's you."

My eyes widened in shock. It had been a very long time since he addressed me like that, but it seemed I had the routine engraved in my bodily code. I shrank backward, pulling my hood down further over my head and looking away, a downcast expression making its way to my face.

"Sorry to bother you..." I muttered, frowning slightly. He didn't respond.

• Third Person •

King glared at Ban from the side, seeing my reaction to his words. He knew very well what was happening, and he was not about to allow that no-good greedy bastard tear down your already tarnished self-esteem like he used to. Ban looked away from you and towards the nearby woods, his face stoic, or rather, attempting to be stoic.

I don't care, he thought to himself. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care at all. Who cares?     (Y/N)'s just a dumb girl with a dumb crush. I'm in love with someone else. Yeah, I'm in love. I don't care.

King was about to cut in, his cheeks puffing out in frustration as he got ready to give Ban a piece of his mind. However, you had also been briefly rebuilding your courage as well. You weren't the shy, want-to-fit-in girl you used to be. You didn't care anymore what people thought of you- er, well... for the most part. The Sins, as well as a select few others, were the only exception to this rule.

Although, you never particularly cared for Gowther's opinion.... 

"Hey, Ban... did I-" do something to make you mad?

Your question was abruptly cut off by a surge of magical power coming from the woods, as well as a loud roar. It echoed loudly through the woods, seeming to reach the town easily. There was a large cluster of magical power around where it seemed to originate.

"Do you think that magical power is from the same monster as the roar?" King asked, turning to Meliodas, who was staring into the woods. "It's eerily similar to that of a Holy Knight's..."

"They should be separate," the blonde responded, "A man couldn't make that sort of sound."

"It's not just one either," You spoke, quickly standing and joining them on the ground. Ban followed suit, standing on the side of the group opposite of where you were standing. "There's a cluster around it- five or six Holy Knights, including the strong one, at least."

"RUUUUUUNNNN! THE ARMORED GIANT IS HERE!" Someone came barreling out of the woods, blood dripping from a wound just under his light brown bowl cut. He was a Holy Knight Apprentice, you and the other Sins could tell vaguely from the purify he was wearing.

"Armored giant?" King asked, watching the man run into the village. Several villagers rushed to his aid when he entered, feverishly checking his wounds and asking what happened. "Do you think it could be...?"

"Yeah..." Meliodas spoke quietly, then stepped forward, raising his voice. "We found him guys. It's Gowther."

"Really?" you asked, eyes slightly widened as you faced the captain. "You think so?"

"Dunno," Meliodas shrugged, and you and King sweatdropped. "But it's probably him."

"He is pretty big..." Diane spoke, "Especially with his armor."

"Shouldn't we go, then?" You asked, "There's a few Holy Knights with relatively strong magical presences out there with him. We should help."

"Yeah!" Diane cheered, grinning toothily. "Let's go save him!"

"Daine, I want you to stay here," Meliodas said, looking up at her. She frowned, quietly muttering a 'Huh?' "I need you to stay here and protect Elizabeth. Can I count on you?"

"Captain..." she muttered, staring down at him with her eyebrows slightly furrowed. The aforementioned man stared up at her determinedly. It was quiet for a few moments, the two of them just staring at each other. You, King, and Ban watched, unmoving, knowing Diane would eventually give in. Elizabeth's Nd Hawk, however, didn't keno this, and were curious as to what the outcome would be. Finally, Diane broke the silence, blushing and beaming. "Of course! You can count on me!"

"Alright! Let's get going, then!" Meliodss cheered, extending his legs outward and walking into the forest. "Bye, Elizabeth! Have fun house-sitting, Diane!"

You rolled your eyes, following behind him. King and Ban did the same, following Meliodas as you all ran in the forest. The four of you charged forward, occasionally leaving small craters in the ground where you landed. You also tripped a few times. That was fun.

Finally, you reached a clearing, stopping at the edge. This was the place where the magical energy was focused, and up close, it was somewhat surprising how large the concentration was. If it really was Gowther, you shouldn't be too surprised, but the Holy Knights he was near seemed to be rather formidable as well. The other Sins were thinking the same thing, and Meliodas was debating whether or not to go in and help.

You all saw it at once, recognition striking you instantaneously.

In this clearing stood a large body, purple armor covering it as it slouched slightly. That was no doubt Gowther's armor, it had its signature helmet, horns, and various metal spikes. Unbeknownst to any of you, a small piece had fallen out of it. Around him were four Holy Knights, and there was an additional one in the distance atop a small hill, holding a bow. One female, four males, all with mediocre magical presences. Easy enough. You five could take them all easily.

"Hey look," You spoke, pointing at the large armor with a stoic expression. "It's Gowther."

"(Y/N)," King snorted, "How do you manage to be the stupidest person ever at the most ironic times?"

"Dunno," You smirked, resisting the urge to giggle at his comment as your eyes darted momentarily in Ban's direction. He was looking at you sideways, but quickly averted his gaze when he saw yours. You sighed quietly, thinking he was glaring, continuing the punchline. "Guess it's just one of my many talents."

Why is she making not thinking about her so damn hard?

• • •

"It's been over half an hour, why haven't they moved?" King asked, laying boredly atop his pillow. You were laying on the ground, tossing a small rock up and down in your hand. You and found it on the small cliff you were all standing on, and had taken it upon yourself to use it as a source of pointless entertainment. Ban and Meliodas were leaning against a large tree, looking down at the six figures below you.

"Whoever makes the first move loses," Meliodas said, "They're waiting for the perfect moment to strike."

"Why don't we just get Gowthy outta here and leave those Knights to rot?" You asked, not averting your gaze from the rock.

Gowthy? You thought, cringing lightly at the nickname.

"Gowthy?" Ban asked, confusion evident in his tone as he echoed your own thoughts.

How come he gets a goddamned nickname... Ban thought before he could stop himself, frowning lightly as his gaze remained fixed on the scene below them. The thought of your various nicknames, which teased him about his unusual height, flashed through his head, as well as the one-time 'Ban-ee-boo.' His cheeks involuntarily heated up at the memory, and he attempted to calm his cheeks as soon as they flushed. Failure was the result.

"I'm bored, and my brain goes to stupid places when I'm bored," You explained, bored gaze still unmoving, "And thus- Gowthy."

"Our position will be compromised," Your captain answered.

"Who cares? We're gonna intervene anyway," You said, then furrowed your brows slightly. There was a group of small magical powers coming toward your group. Maybe just some animals.... You thought unsurely.

They were not animals, and your thoughts we're halted almost instantaneously by a loud shout.

"LET'S GO HELP THE HOLY KNIGHTS!"

Your body shot upward, eyes darting in the direction of the voice. The rest of the Sins did the same, eyes swiftly making contact with its source. A small boy with blonde hair and green eyes, followed by seven other children charged into the battlefield, approaching the four Knights.

"Pelio!" You whisper-shouted, scrambling upward and preparing to jump. Your entire body was alert, knowing what was going to happen next. You could see it in the gazes of the Knights.

"(Y/N), no!" Meliodas hissed, but it was too late. You saw the movement of the Holy Knight below the group, his sword glimmering in the light.

You jumped downward, releasing your whip from the clip on your side and pulling a small section of it taught. You quickly stepped in front of the boy and the other children, barely making it in time to stop the strike.

No no no, you stupid bitch! Ban thought, watching your furrowed brows and bared teeth, directed at the Knight. Get back here! You can't fight them alone! Not with the kids there!

He looked over at his captain, unsure of what to do, he was watching as well, eyes wide. Meliodas knew it was the right thing to do, but it might've compromised them, which was something they couldn't afford to happen. Not right now. He bit his lip, contemplating harshly as to what to do next.

You looked over at Ban, smiling, and he glared in your direction. Hide. Wait for the right moment. You mouthed the simple words, taking care to make sure that the Knight didn't notice where you were looking.

Ban looked over to Meliodas, seeking the go-ahead to help you. However, he did not give it to him. He looked over at Ban and King, both of whom were staring down at you, conflicted. King was worried about his younger sibling figure, and Ban was worried about his love interest. Never ever would he admit to that, but it was true. He was falling for you, and didn't know how to cope, for he was someone else's.

"She's right," Meliodas whispered, seeming sure, but upset. "We have to wait to reveal ourselves."

"What?!" Ban growled, "We have to help her!"

"Ban!" King hissed, causing the Fox Sin to look up at him with a look up frustration. He sighed, looking down. "Captain's right. We need.... we need to wait."

"But she'll get ki-"

"(Y/N) can handle herself," Meliodas interjected, stepping back out of broad daylight and behind a tree. King followed suit, staying out of sight in the shade of the forest. "She is one of the Sins."

Ban growled, looking back at you, then following his two comrades. You were looking at the white-haired Knight, growled as the children behind you looked up at you and him with a mixture of awe and fear. He had long, flowing hair, giving him the aesthetic of a female, but he was clearly a man. He held a sword that was at least two-times his height, although, he was pretty short. He wore deep maroon armor, reminding you vaguely of Ban's usual outfit.

"Hey, crotch-rot," You growled, pushing against him so that the dull side of his sword nearly touched his nose. He growled lowly. "Aren't Holy Knights supposed to protect children? Or, y'know, people in general?"

"(Y-Y/N)..." Emma's voice came from behind you. She was scared, and you could tell. She and all the other kids weren't sure what was happening- but there was a big monster, and you, a supposed criminal, just saved them from a Holy Knight, a supposed good guy. "What's he doing? Why did he try to hurt us..?"

You kicked the Holy Knight, sending him skidding across the ground. He growled, looking up at you with a glare once his body slowed. You turned to face them.

"What are you doing?!" You demanded, "You could've been killed if I hadn't come!"

"W-we're sorry," Pelio muttered. He was terrified, and tears pricked at the corners of his eyes. "We j-just wanted to help the H-Holy Knights beat the monster..."

The statement tugged at your heartstrings, but your couldn't focus on protecting them and fighting- there was no way you could. Dividing your attention between two extremely important things was sadly not one of your dominant skills. You couldn't beat the five of them with the children plaguing your thoughts. Especially with your comrades hiding.

You sighed, crouching down with a small smile. "Thank you, all of you. But this is too dangerous.... you need to run away. Now. Run back to the bar, remember the bar? Princess Elizabeth and Diane will protect you if these guys come after you."

"But (y/n)-" Emma started, but you interrupted her.

They need to leave now, you thought, knowing fully that the Holy Knights were watching from behind you, awaiting a command from whoever their leader was. Every second I waste here, the more danger they're in.

"No," you growled, standing up and turning to face your enemies again. You noticed vaguely that you were not wearing your cloak,  completely forgetting to grab your extra earlier. Emma was wearing it. "Leave. Now."

Your voice had become low and dangerous, and the children knew then that you were right. Any last bit of defiance had left with your statement. They began running away, a few of them crying.

"Slader," The white-haired man, Simon, spoke, looking at the kids. You weren't aware of their names, nor did you particularly care, "can we just let them leave?"

"They're children," Slader responded. He had long, navy blue hair, and was rather tall. He wore a mask, and was shirtless, holding a large, double sided blade, which had the edges similar to that of a saw, "just as (y/n), the second member of the Eight Deadly Sins we've encountered today, said."

"She's (y/n)?!" Asked the woman, Jillian, incredulously. She had short dirty blonde hair and held a standard sword, with an armored dress.

"Yeah, yeah," you said, interrupting them, slightly annoyed with their babbling. Although, you imagined this is what your opponents felt like when you were fighting them alongside the Sins. "Ooh, spooky, I'm the Raven Sin of Despond. Rawr. Now, please let my big, bad friend go or I'll have to kick your asses."

"Oh, a bold one, you are," commented Slader, amused with your cockiness. "Are you sure you aren't Escanor in disguise?"

"Shut up, tall shirtless guy," you snorted, lashing your whip. "Now, ass beat, or let Gowther go. Your choice."

"'Tall, shirtless guy'..?" Slader repeated, face scrunching up under his mask. She's like a child... he thought, looking at your confident posture and slightly annoyed features.

"Too slow," you sighed, rolling your eyes. You lashed your whip once again, preparing to attack. However, your motion was stopped by a loud roar. You looked over in the direction of the supposed 'Gowther,' eyes wide as you saw his fist coming crashing down above you. It caught you off guard, and you didn't leave yourself enough time to dodge or efficiently block. "Gowther...?"

"Do it."

The instant Slader's command was spoken, every member of Dawn Roar charged at the armored giant, preparing to strike. You had barely managed to block the hit, and were now in a crater that was getting progressively larger the harder the armored giant pressed his fist onto you. Both your arms shook under the force of the giant's fist, and you cried out in pain and your back dug into the dirt.

Ban jumped out, not caring if the other two advised against it or were following him. They were, in fact, and were going straight toward the Holy Knights. He, however, was going for Gowther's imposter.

Why the hell would he hurt her?! He thought angrily as his leg made contact with the supposed Goat Sin's fist. His hand shot to the side, causing him to stumble over. Ban grabbed your panting form, helping you up.

You shakily grabbed your whip preparing to fight as demonic markings moved over your forearms to heal the gaping, bleeding wounds. You looked over at the Fox Sin, who was again trying to keep up his not-caring-about-you attitude, looking at indifferently.

She's so stupid, so fucking stupid! She should've just let those fucking kids die. Then she wouldn't've gotten hurt and our cover wouldn't be blown to hell! Ban's mind raced with what he assumed was annoyance and anger, but what was in actuality worry. It all ceased as you pulled him into a hug, his eyes widening in surprise at the sudden action.

"I dunno what I did to make you mad, Ban... but I'm sorry. If it's about my nightmares, I won't be sleeping for a while. A-and if you want, when I do, I'll sleep outside. It's fine with me," You blurted into his partially exposed chest. Your brain ran wild with thoughts, trying to understand what had happened to make him revert back to hating you.

Stupid. I'm not mad at you, he thought, so badly wanting to say it and embrace you back. But for some reason he couldn't. Maybe the thought of Elaine in the back of his head is what made him stand there, wide-eyed and internally enjoying the feeling of your body against his. Not vocally. Not showing any emotion. Just standing there.

"I'm sorry, Ban... and... thanks. For saving me. I owe you one."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

135K 3.7K 40
Shortly after the kingdom is freed from Hendrickson, you feel a well to known strong power and know that the Holy War will continue. There is only on...
47.8K 829 10
Yandere Seven Deadly Sins X Reader This is a tale of ancient times, an era before humans and Non-Human worlds where forever divided. When the Holy Kn...
116K 2.1K 36
This is a story about when you watch an anime your friend is begging you to watch. But when you watch the anime you get knocked out. You find yoursel...
17.3K 503 26
You had been with Meliodas on and off for 3,000 years after you were both cursed for having betrayed the demon race, but who did you he truly love? W...