A Different Level System (Per...

By AmateurStoryCreator

What would Happen when a creation that Hephaestus god of the forge created long ago but was thought to have f... More

Ch.1 is this real?
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch.14

Ch.2 Observe?

5.3K 158 46
By AmateurStoryCreator

I stared at the bracelet did it answer my question? No, that's impossible it's an object of some sort I thought to myself, although it had answered my question about money why not about this. Looking at the bracelet for a little longer I decided to test this out after the seeing what the notification I got is about.

Touching the bracelet I thought of the notification page surprised at what showed up on the screen.

[You have unlocked Items]

[You have unlocked Item shop]

I guess that answers that question I thought as I looked at Items and Item shop. Touching the bracelet I thought Items it showed a black credit card so that's where that is now to check out the item shop I said as a screen popped up with what seemed to be a category? All but two were grayed out, so I clicked the first one clothes, as I looked at the list and prices of a dress shirt $60 and a pair of jeans $50, that's not too bad I said looking at similar prices for other clothes in the shop although the better the brand the more expensive it was. As I clicked on the next category, I stopped and stared at the screen, what is this I thought as I looked at the name of the category titled weapons and armor.

On the screen were swords, knives, guns, bows and some other weapons I did not care to look at the name of. Scrolling down as I looked at the price they were normal gun prices except for the swords those went into the thousands while a handgun I did not see the name of was only $500 as I was thinking about the prices and why the shop even had weapons the scroll icon stopped. Looking at it I saw that I had barely went down but no matter how much I tried to get lower on the screen tapping or dragging it did not help it go down.

Thinking for a while and not seeing anything I could do I decided to test the bracelet and see if it really answers my questions. Umm... so can I know why I can not see any more of the weapon shop or scroll down to armors? I asked a little awkwardly feeling weird asking a bracelet on my arm a question.

[Further features shall be locked until... information restricted your level is not high enough.]

Great, just great I thought sarcastically but at least I know it answers my questions. Thinking of another question I ask the bracelet. Bracelet how do I level up?

[You will have access on how to level in 9 hours.]

Happy that the bracelet answered my question again seems it was not a fluke I thought as I look at the clock. 11:00 pm so tomorrow at 8:00 I will find out how to level. I thought about just going to bed and getting nine hours of sleep but I remembered that I could level my stats so I decided to see if I could level strength.

As I was sitting down on the floor thinking on how to best level my strength, I decided to just do pushups and go on from there. Pushing up and lowering myself down it surprised me at how easy it seemed I felt like I could go on for quite a while different from a PE class I the week before. I had been sweating merely after ten pushups now I was going on twenty and only slightly sweaty, is this because of the bracelet I thought looking at my arm as I pushed myself up I would continue after a quick break when a thought occurred how am I going to keep track of my stamina. That was when I heard a [Ding!].

Whipping my head towards the bracelet I got excited, thinking about what the notification could be maybe another stat?

+ 1 to Strength

[Customization unlocked]

Seeing the gain to my stats I was ecstatic it was just further confirmation that not only could I level my stats to get stronger and smarter but that this was all real and not some dream of mine ending with me waking up in a hospital bed. Looking at the second bit of text I read customization thinking on what this could be I clicked it.

[Customization]

[You may customize how you look and what you see of your status when in the world.]

[Show Health]

[Show Stamina]

[Show Mana: Locked]

This will be so useful I thought as I finished reading. I immediately set my health and stamina to the top left of my vision making it easily visible but not a hindrance while ignoring the option to change my appearance, it was interesting but I did not want to change my appearance at the moment the status was more important. Getting into bed I laid down just as I was thinking over the list that appeared and what mana was and how to unlock it I fell asleep.

Groggily I opened my eyes then turned fast getting my head away from the sun shining in my face. I groaned not wanting to get up but shot up as soon as I heard [Ding!].

[Quest Alert!]

[Today it the start of your new life get to Yancy academy on time]

[Reward] 50 Exp, Unknown skill?

[Failure] No Exp for the next 24 hours.

Quests how are there quests I ask the system after reading the text then reading it again making sure I was not still asleep. The bracelet did nothing, so I guess there are questions it will not or can not answer I thought as I raced to get ready for my new school but at least I know how to level up. Running out of the room I looked to see if mom was here not seeing her I walked into the kitchen. Seeing no I glanced at the counter there was a piece of paper, Walking towards it I picked it up and read the message.

"Hey, Percy, I had to go to the store early today there is a map below to the boarding school I sent your bags to the school this morning they will be in your new room".

After looking at the map and making sure I had it all memorized, I left the apartment and ran towards the school I really wanted that Exp, there was no way I would lose it. I ran to the school and made it there in ten minutes to spare, not bad I thought it checking my stamina. It was 1 and regenerating 1 every minute was not that far either it seems the bracelet makes sure the quest is doable and not impossible good to know for the future.

As I crossed the gate entering the school ground, I heard three [Dings!]

[Quest Complete!]

[Today it the start of your new life get to Yancy academy on time]

+ 50 Exp

[You have gained a new skill]

Observe Lv-1 (0%)

Getting the Exp was good but what I wanted to know was what this new skill did, clicking on it I read.

[Observe lets you see the character status of a person by thinking observe while you look at them, as you raise your level it will reveal more information.]

This will be great to use to see where I am compared to other people stat wise I think as I open my character status, I have not checked the whole status in a while.

[Character Status]

[Name: Percy Jackson] Lv.1 Exp 50/100

[Age: 15] [Race: Locked] [Titles: None]

[HP: 100/100] Health Regen: (0.5 per min)

[Stamina: 100/100] (Stamina Regen: (1 per min)

[Mana: Locked)

[Affinity: Locked]

[Stats]

Strength - 7

Vitality - 4

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 7

Wisdom: - 2

Charisma: - 2

Luck: - 0

[Skills]

Observe Lv-1 (0%)

Running Lv-1(50%)

Cooking Lv-1(20%)

Languages: English Lv-4 (0%)

[Special Abilities: locked]

Items: Credit Card

Item shop:

Stat Points - 0

Skill Points: - 0

[Special Ability Points: locked]

Relationships: Mom - 100/100

[Reputation: Locked]

Money: $55

Little has changed I say to myself as I read down the list, looking at my intelligence I look up at the school. There should be a library I can use to raise my intelligence and possibly wisdom cause that's low.

As I walk towards the school, I get a [Ding!] opening the window I see another quest.

[Quest Alert!]

[Find out your heritage]

[Reward] 5,000 Exp

[Failure] Death

[Choose a time limit for bonus rewards]

[Time limit 1 year] + 1 to all stats

[Time limit 8 months] + 5 to all stats

[Time limit 6 months] + 5 to all stats and Unknown skill

After reading the quest I was shocked to see the consequences for failure and I could not refuse, there was no option, not that I would the rewards were just amazing having a bonus to all his stats is incredible. Looking at the bonus option I was very tempted to choose 6 months, but I decided against it, the skill may end up being amazing but those extra two months could mean life and death. The skill just was not worth the 2 months, Choosing 8 months was my best option it gave me a bonus of five to all stats as a bonus reward and gave me time to study and raise my stats if I could figure out how to raise the stats other than intelligence and strength.

As I clicked 8 months there was a flash, then I saw a timer for 8 months on the top right of my vision, well at least I won't lose track I thought as I walked into the school and looked to where my first class would be. After asking around I found the office for registration told them my name and headed towards my first class which appeared to be English. I went inside walking past the students to the teacher and introduced myself, "Hi my name is Percy Jackson I was assigned to this class".

"Ah yes, our new student", the teacher said, "well why don't you take a free seat and wait till I start the lesson". "Ok, then" I said to him as I walked down to the back of the class ignoring the stares I sat down. As I was sitting down I suddenly remembered I had that new skill Observe, looking at a classmate I thought in my head Observe. I stared at a screen that popped up.

[Character Status]

[Name: Nancy Bobfit] Lv.3

[Age: 15] [Race: Human] [Titles: Bully] + 2 Intimidation

I could not understand why she was a higher level than me or why I could not see her stats although the intimidation stat is interesting. I wish it gave more than the name race and title, speaking of title hers says human, my race is locked, am I not human I questioned in my mind. Maybe this is a part of finding my heritage. I asked the bracelet how to see more when I remembered that it said more will be unlocked when I level the skill. So I ignored the class that had just started and spent the rest of class spamming my observe skill.

I have a splitting headache I thought as I walked out of the class that had ended, turns out spamming a skill is not a great idea especially in rapid succession I learned that I needed to pause for a moment then use it again the good news is I got observe to level 3. After level 2 I could see stats and after level 3 I could see a small bit of information about the person. Opening skills I see.

[Skills]

Observe Lv-3 (27%)

Running Lv-1(50%)

Cooking Lv-1(20%)

Languages: English Lv-4 (0%)

Too bad after level three the Exp slowed down I think I need to observe higher level people. Speaking of classmates there was Nancy, let's see how much I can see of her now.

[Character Status]

[Name: Nancy Bobfit] Lv.3

[Age: 15] [Race: Human] [Titles: Bully] Grants + 2 Intimidation

[HP: 150/150]

[Stamina: 125/125]

[Stats]

Strength - 9

Vitality - 6

Dexterity - 5

Intelligence - 8

Wisdom: - 1

Charisma: - 0

Luck: - 2

[Nancy Bobfit is a fifteen-year-old girl who likes to Bully people at first it was to prevent being bullied herself in a new school but eventually, she started to enjoy it until she forgot the reason she started.]

That is an interesting bio I thought as I passed by Nancy. Stopping by another student I asked where the library is the pointed to the upstairs hallway saying thanks I walked up the stairs to where hopefully a place I can increase my intelligence and wisdom. Entering the school library I went through on how to raise my intelligence when I thought of chess that's perfect I said to myself [Ding!]. What could that be I thought as I opened the window?

[For making a wise decision]

+ 1 wisdom

Interesting, I thought to myself can I find a loophole and just sit and think of decisions to raise my wisdom, I'll try that later I decided now for chess. Going towards the librarian I asked where I could find books on chess she pointed to the signs and there it was on the sign strategy section 2 level B.

Heading up to the section I entered the row of books looking into the chess selection which took up a large portion of the hundreds of books I could see, reaching for a book I thought this is all on strategy I will easily be able to raise my intelligence. Opening the book I started the first of many books I will have read by the end of the next couple of months.

(Time Skip) 6 months later

I've done it I think to myself, I hear a [Ding!] as I put the last book on strategy back on the shelf I cannot believe there was a strategy section A, bigger than section B. I could have been done months ago if not for that. Oh well, I sigh at least My intelligence raised now you probably thinking your intelligence raised surely you would realize just raising your intelligence and nothing else for months on end was not the best idea. I had realized that and was planning on stopping months ago but then something amazing happened I unlocked a hidden quest.

(Flash Back) 3 months ago

I should probably stop I thought to myself as I finished the last book in the strategy section B I now know there is a section A but I should probably stop and train my other stats. as I was thinking this, I heard a [Ding!]. Opening the window I saw the screen and grinned.

[For reading every book in section B on strategy in Yancy academy you have earned a reward]

+ 50 Exp

+ 10 stat points

+ 5 wisdom

(Flash Back) End

That made reading the books well worth it for the level up and especially for the free wisdom points. Now time to check my new notification and as a bonus, I maxed out my English level, and I leveled up a different language I am now in a Latin class. Not to mention how many stats I gained in intelligence which slowed after 20 points.

[For reading every book in section A and B on strategy in Yancy academy you have earned a reward]

+ 100 Exp

+ 10 stat points

+ 5 wisdom

[For reading every strategy book in Yancy academy you may choose 1 out of 3 skills to learn.]

[Perk List]

[Perfect Recall: You can remember every detail in your life from this point on] Can level skills 25% faster.

[Night Owl: You can stay up all night and still have the energy to go about your day] + 10% permanent stat to intelligence.

[Knowledge Absorber: You can learn skills from books, the more advanced the book the higher the skill you get is.] Can raise skill level by absorbing books for that skill. WARNING BOOKS WILL BE DESTROYED AFTER USE.

Looking at these skills it surprised me to see what they could do and the descriptions but ultimately the one I picked and would get the most benefit from at this moment was Knowledge Absorber even if the books get destroyed. I have very few skills and getting skills from books would help me greatly, who knows maybe I can become a master chef. After picking the skill I opened my full character status.

[Character Status]

[Name: Percy Jackson] Lv.2 Exp 100/200

[Age: 15] [Race: Locked] [Titles: None]

[HP: 125/125] Health Regen: (0.6 per min)

[Stamina: 112.5/112.5] (Stamina Regen: (1.2 per min)

[Mana: Locked)

[Affinity: Locked]

[Stats]

Strength - 7

Vitality - 5

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 35

Wisdom: - 12

Charisma: - 2

Luck: - 0

[Skills]

Observe Lv-5 (84%)

Running Lv-3(73%)

Cooking Lv-1(20%)

Languages: English Lv-Max, Latin Lv-2

[Perks]

Knowledge Absorber: You can learn skills from books, the more advanced the book the higher the skill you get is.] Can raise skill level by absorbing books for that skill.

[Special Abilities: locked]

Items: Credit Card

Item shop:

Stat Points - 20

Skill Points: - 0

[Special Ability Points: locked]

Relationships: Mom - 100/100

[Reputation: Locked]

Money: $55

I raised observe to level 6 by just using it now and then on classmates when I remembered to but nothing changed I do not know what the level is doing hopefully I can find out soon. Reading the vitality stat I remembered after the level up how I found out that after every level or so I assume I am only level 2 my vitality goes up so nice to know I can raise the stat but there must be another way to do it. Another interesting thing about vitality is that it raises my Regen by 0.2 and my stamina raises half of what my health raises. The running skill I leveled up by just running here and there too and from class so that is slow.

The good news is that the school year is almost over and then I can experiment with this bracelet over the summer and see what to do about my heritage. I have just two months left till the deadline and I would rather not die I thought as I walked to my dorm room. As I was walking, I overheard students speaking, hey have you heard our English teacher is being let go, and a woman is taking his post. I heard he was embezzling money, ha that's nothing I heard something caught him drinking and threw the bottle at whoever caught him.

Hm... that's odd I did not know the teacher even drank it said nothing when I used the observe skill on him I thought as I reached my door. "Percy" a voice called out I turned it was the principal what was he doing here I wondered.

"Percy, I am glad I could catch you," he says with a smile, "I must say I was glad to be wrong about you. Looking at your record you would think you would be causing trouble and failing classes. Instead, you have all A's and you are a polite young man".

"Thank you," I say, though I think to myself all that trouble in my record was accidents and the A's are thanks to my new intelligence. "Well, I wanted to say keep up the good work and for this last month of school, you are getting a roommate", the principal said.

"A roommate for the last month of school,". I looked at him in confusion. "Yes, a boy named Grover will bunk with you he will be here tomorrow morning along with the new teacher's arrival", he says before he walks away.

Before he could get too far, I asked: "2 teacher's, sir". He turned "yes we also will also get a replacement for the Latin teacher, he fell sick so for the last month of school so we needed a replacement". So I am getting a roommate and two new teachers for my classes. As I enter my room, I think about what will happen with this new roommate and two new teacher's.

(I was very surprised to see that people had read my story especially since it is my first one so I wrote another chapter today. Thanks for reading.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 28 28
(Heads up. I wrote this story when i was younger and i went back and tried to re-edit it best i can. Its kinda cringe. Read at your own risk..) When...
220K 5.9K 33
What if, when he was twelve, Percy had been the one wearing the special trapped shoes? What if his friends and co-questers hadn't been able to catch...
19.3K 360 48
Book Two Percy Jackson is missing, and Y/n, his half sister, will do anything it takes to get him back, including going on a crazy quest with a proph...
154K 2.1K 22
Percy got betrayed by most of his friends, The gods, and his very own Mother. He Ran away to the only people he knows he can trust, The goddess Hecat...