Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player

By XMagicX

If someone had told me that Jesse Larson, the schools biggest douche bag had lost his sight, I probably would... More

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Prologue.
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 1
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 2
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 3
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 5
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 6
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 7
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 8
Author's Note ~ New Story :) (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 9
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 10
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 11
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 12
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 13
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 14
Saving Sarah Re-Upload! :D (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 15
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 16
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 17
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 18
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 19
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 20
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 21
ANOTHER New Story :)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 22
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Epilogue
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Final Author's Note (Cancelled FOR NOW)

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 4

11.5K 287 38
By XMagicX

Here is your long awaited, well deserved FOURTH CHAPTER :D

Remember guys, I love you and your COMMENTS :D ENJOY! <3

Chapter 4

After lunch, I was lucky enough to have the rest of the day off. I guess there are perks to being on Honour Roll. Of course, the first thing I did was head straight to the library. After that whole issue with Palmer announcing my identity to Jesse, and I didn't want to be around anyone. And no one who gave a shit about what happened in the hall would be here anyway. Which made it safe for me. 

" I see someone's deep in thought," a voice said from over my shoulder. I jumped, and turned my head to see my friend Lucas smiling at me.

"Hey! Come sit," I said, patting the empty spot on the couch beside me. "Where've you been all day?"

He shrugged and wrapped an arm around me in a hug. "Around. But now I'm here with you," he said, giving me a nudge. I giggled and punched his shoulder playfully. Lucas definitely had to be one of tee nicest guys I've ever known. And definitely one of the cutest. With his short brown hair that was always gelled up at the front, his deep brown eyes and sun kissed tan. not to mention he was completely in shape. "How was your summer?" he said, trying to get my attention. 

I looked up at him and smiled. "Good. I feel like I did a lot for myself this summer," I said, keeping my eyes locked on his. I felt like I could just drown in those eyes.  

"I noticed," he said, his eyes trailing over my body for a second before coming back to meet mine.

I felt a blush creep up my neck, and stood up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shelves. "I need to find something to read. If I don't I'm going to have a crisis," I said as I started skimming the mystery section. Lucas did the exact same thing, staying as close to me as possible. 

I heard the door to the library open, and I wondered who would be coming in. If anyone had wanted to be here at all, they would've came already. I peeked around Lucas to see Damien and Jesse walking in. I watched as Damien said bye to Jesse, and left him by himself. He pulled out his walking stick and unfolded it so it was long enough. He started tapping around the room with it, and I remembered that blind people used those to navigate around.

"Excuse me?" he said out loud, earning an irritated glare from everyone around him. Not that he would ever know. "Is anyone there?" I watched as he managed to skillfully navigate his way to the front desk, and he stopped there. "Excuse me, Ms. Fell. Do you know where I might find Melody? Is she here?" 

I was the only Melody at this school, why was he looking for me. Before I had a chance to hide. Ms. Fell saw me and motioned me over. "Melody, Jesse wanted to see you," she said, before disappearing into the library.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, my voice clipped. 

He frowned and his arms fell to his sides. "Look, I'm sorry about the way Palmer acted. He's kind of a douche. I should've stuck up for you," he whispered, his voice slipping into that similar tone he'd used before. I felt my shoulders tense.

I scoffed. "Jesse, you can not think that after everything you've done to me, you can just apologize and everythings okay!" I said loud enough to earn a few glares as well. 

"Melody-"

"No!" I said, taking a step back as he reached for me. "You're an ass, Jesse. The only reason you're talking to me right now is because you lost almost every single one of your friends. And what happens if you see again? Back to normal, I guess," I said before stepping around him, and walking back to Lucas. 

He looked over at Jesse and frowned. "What the hell does he want?" he asked, sneering at him from over my head. 

I just shook my head and quickly texted Damien. He was in fact, kind of my friend. I told him to come get his friend before he knocks over a bookshelf, and stuck the phone back in my pocketLucas lifted one eyebrow at me. "It's nothing. Trust me," I said quietly. 

We dropped the subject and quickly went back to searching the shelves. I found a book I definitely wanted to read. Sherlock Holmes. I never really wanted to read it before, but now I was feeling different. This year, I felt open to new things which included a book that everyone had told me was crap. I doubted that was true, but I'd check it out just to be sure. 

When we were back on the couch, Lucas continued to look at me. "What the hell is going on with you and Larson?" he asked me, his arms crossed over his chest. 

Lucas had never liked Jesse one bit. Neither did his twin brother Darren, but they both pretended to anyway. Well, Darren did. Lucas kept it simple and didn't talk to him at all. "Nothing, he just... I don't know," I said, shaking my head. And it was true. I didn't have one clue as to what was going on at all. I didn't understand why Jesse was being completely crazy and talking to me, after he knew who I was. 

"Your a terrible liar, Melody," he said with a simple head shake. I stuck my tongue out at him earning a pleased laugh. "Whatever, we don't have to talk about it," he said, flipping his newly chosen book open.

I grinned. "Good."

We spent the rest of the period simply reading in silence. It didn't take long for Damien to come get Jesse and leave. I was glad when he did. The feeling of him lurking around wasn't exactly comfortable. I didn't even understand why he had bothered to apologize for Palmer's behaviour. It's not like he'd ever made an effort to apologize for his own behaviour.

"Do you want my opinion?"

I looked up at my friend and smirked. "What do you mean?" I asked, a bit confused.

Lucas sighed and dropped his book on the table. "I think Jesse is just looking for someone innocent to use because of his new found problem. You, my friend have innocent written all over you," he said with a teasing nudge. "You should just keep away from him altogether."

"He's harmless," I said, not fully believing my own words. But I stuck to them. Jesse was only human, and he must have a really screwed up life to act the way he is. "But you're right. I should."

"Exactly."

~Jesse~

I couldn't take my mind off Melody. Of course, I hadn't expected her to talk to me, or forgive me for that matter. Not that I'd really apologized at all. Sure, for Palmer, but not for myself. Ever since then I'd been feeling like crap. Damien and I had been sitting out on the football field since. Being a senior had its advantages. Unless you're me, and you're blind.

"Dude, why don't you just try and talk to her again?" Damien asked, somewhere to my right. I turned my head, hoping I was looking at him. He laughed and turned my head a few more inches.

I shrugged. "I don't know, man. She hates me, what am I supposed to d?, Corner her and make her listen to me?" 

"Why not?"

I smirked and fell back against the grass, wishing I could do more than simply feel the sun beating down on my face. I wanted to see it. Knowing that it could no longer blind me more than I already am isn't comforting. "Because I'm not an ass!" I said, shoving my friends arm.

"Hate to break it to you Jess, but you kind of are an ass," he muttered. I could've sworn I heard the sound of him shuffling away from me. As if I'd hit him again. 

I took that moment to process his words. He was right. I was a horrible, selfcentred jerk. And I knew it too. I just hated to admit it to myself. I had my reasons for acting the way that I do, but I knew that if I ever tried to explain, no one would listen. I didn't even want to reply, knowing that whatever I said would be an excuse, to try and convince myself I wasn't as bad as I seemed. 

~Melody~

After the bell rang, I didn't waste one second to get out of the school. I just ran to my car on the far side of the parking lot, and pulled out of there as fast as I could. I knew Jesse would try to talk to me again. I'd seen him in the hall with Damien outside the library, as if they were looking for me. I had just ran past without giving them a second glance. 

When I got to my house, I noticed my parents' cars were gone. They must've gone to work early. I quickly ran into the house, only to be greeted by three rampaging little girls. 

I laughed as I fell to the floor. "Stacey! Rosie, Chelsea. Get off me!" I said, still doubled over with giggles. My little sisters rolled off me, each ones eyes sparkling with tears. I held out my arms and they all hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around them and kissed each of their heads. "How was school, you two?" I asked, looking at Chelsea and Stacey.

"Good!" they chorused. Chelsea was only five years old, and was identical to Stacey, who was ten. They each had shiny blond hair with natural darker undertones, and gorgeous blue eyes which they'd inherited from mom.

Rosie was simply a younger 'me'. She had my same chocolate brown hair and warm brown eyes, both of which we got from dad. She was only three years old, and definitely the shyest of all of us. I walked around Stacey and Chelsea, and lifted her into my arms. "How was your day?" I asked her, tickling her side. 

She kissed my cheek. "Fine," she said in her high pitched voice. I grinned and kissed her forehead before putting her down. It was only then did I notice who was missing. I looked down at Rosie. "Where is Skipper?" I asked her, placing my hands on my hips. 

Rosie lifted one finger and pointed to the ceiling. I sighed and quickly sprinted up the stairs.

I heard music coming from Skip's room down the hall, and I quietly walked towards it. I pushed open the door to see Skipper on the computer, music blaring from her headphones. I rolled my eyes and walked over to her, ripping the headphones off her overly dyed red hair. She spun around in her chair, glaring at me. "Melody! What the hell! What do you want?" she asked, taking the headphones back from me.

I rolled my eyes. Skipper was the complete opposite of anyone in this house. Bad, rebellious, complicated, confusing, hostile, and anti-social. "Would it kill you to actually watch them when I'm not here?" I said, glaring down at her. 

Yes. Thanks for asking," she said, her voice coated in sarcasm. Skipper turned back to her computer, placing the headphones back on her head, and instantly turned on the music. I groaned in frustration and stormed from her room, slamming the door shut behind me. I quickly ran back downstairs to see Chelsea, Stacey and Rosie all sitting on the couch in silence. "You heard that didn't you?" 

They each nodded and I slapped my hand onto my forehead, holding it there for a few seconds. "Don't be so hard on Skipper..." Chelsea said, her tone quiet. I sighed and walked over to the couch, falling down between Stacey and Chelsea. "She's going through a phase."

I smirked down at my sister. "How would you know that?" 

Chelsea shrugged. "Just a guess."

I was about to say something else when the phone rang through the otherwise quiet. Stacey placed  Rosie on my lap and got up to answer it. "Now who would be calling this house? I mean, we're an insane family," I said, crossing my eyes at Rosie. She squealed and tucked her head into my stomach. I laughed and patted her head lightly. 

"Melody! It's for you," Stacey said from the doorway to the kitchen. I plopped Rosie on the couch in my place and walked over to Stacey. "Here," she said, handing me the phone. 

I lifted it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Melody."

That voice. That sickeningly sweet, seductive voice. "Jesse. Now why on earth are you calling my house?" I said into the phone, peeking behind the door frame to make sure the girls couldn't hear me. Stacey and Chelsea were busy watching Toddlers in Tiaras, and Rosie was passed out on the couch. "I don't understand your reasoning."

He laughed a whole-hearted laugh and I let myself smile. "Maybe I feel bad," he said through the phone. 

I smirked. "That's highly unlikely."

"Oh come on," he said, his voice pleading. "You can't hate me forever," he said, his tone suddenly full of emotion. It was so tempting to give in to. I felt like I wanted to tell him I didn't hate him, and that I forgave him for every cruel thing he'd ever done to me. But I couldn't do that. Every time I even thought about Jesse, the pain of the torment and humiliation he'd caused me just came rushing back. 

I waited a few more seconds, letting the silence brand itself into his mind. "I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks hating you is the easiest thing in the world," I said. Before he had the chance to reply, I turned the phone off and slammed it onto the counter.

"Melody?" 

I didn't even notice that I had been tearing up until Chelsea walked in. I wiped the stray tears rolling down my cheeks and turned to my sister. "Hey." She frowned at me. "Chelsea, I'm fine. Okay? Now go watch TV, and I'll start supper." She nodded and left the kitchen without another word. I shook my head in amusement and turned away. Sometimes my sisters confused even me. 

About an hour later, we were all seated at the table, with the exception of Skipper. I didn't even bother to go and tell her for the fifth time that dinner was ready. 

"So, who's Jesse?" Stacey asked me, wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed and she stuffed a forkful of broccoli into her mouth. "But seriously. He sounded super hot. Does my sister finally have a boyfriend?" she asked, earning a pleased giggle from Chelsea. I shook my head and she shrugged. "Just checking."

I scoffed. "I will never date Jesse Larson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took a bit to upload :) I hope you guys liked this chapter, I'm not sure if its longer, but i tried >.< Its really just more of a filler, but luckily we'll be getting way more into the story NEXT chapter :D

Remember to leave your comments below and vote and fan aswell :) CYA :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
128K 2.4K 31
-I watched her in the halls everyday. She would hide herself from everyone. She wouldn't talk or look at anyone. She was a nobody... a broken girl t...
89.8K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...