Rags Meets Riches [Lashton AU]

By Larry_Lashton

Ashton is a Rich boy who just wants to have fun in his life. So, when he moves and explores the city of Sydne... More

Description & Warning:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 23

846 59 45
By Larry_Lashton

[Luke's POV]

It's been a couple days and Ashton wouldn't reply to my texts or answer any of my calls. It's weird, because he texted me on Christmas saying he wasn't punished too badly and that he loved me, yet when I try texting him he wouldn't reply.

At first I let it go, but when 3 days passed I was getting concerned and wondered if his dad did something, since he looked pissed off at the police station and I couldn't imagine what he would do to Ashton.

Then another day passed and the concern turned to anger. Surely he had his phone since he texted me from it and the only time he gets in trouble is with me, so I'm sure he didn't do anything to get it taken away.

The boys and I were gathered around the small living room. We had a couple of guests over and were just drinking, partying a bit with The 1975 playing, some Green Day too and I was on my 5th bottle of beer.

"Man, I'm bored...let's play truth or dare," Michael said from where his head laid in Calum's lap, gulping down some beer and Calum ran his hand through the small amount of hair on Michael's head. He'll be bald soon, I'm Raven and can predict the future.

Shrugging, I sat down on the floor where the boys and our two friends, Jason and Hank, were gathering around and Michael finished the beer, using it as the bottle and spun it. At first Calum just had to prank call someone and Michael had to put ice on his nipples.

It was pretty dumb, so I had Calum kiss Hank and Michael didn't like that. When the bottle landed on me, he smirked and said,"I dare you to kiss Jason."

I turned to the rather attractive guy, mind fuzzy with alcohol and shrugged. I gripped his chin, pulling him across the space between us and pressed my lips to his, gripping his neck and deepened the kiss.

Unaware of Calum taking a picture with my phone sneakily, I waited till Michael said we were good to stop kissing and wiped my mouth, grimacing at the taste of his lips and said,"You're such a jerk."

"Admit it, you loved the kiss," Michael teased, sticking his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes, cause no I didn't like the kiss.

I retorted,"I only like kissing Ashton, god dammit. He's so fine...did I tell you we had sex?

He's sweet on the streets but a freak in the sheets!"

"Luke, you didn't!" Michael gaped, judgment in his face and he shook his head in shame,"I can't believe you actually had sex with him. Is that where you were Christmas eve? We were suppose to go out."

I nodded eagerly,"Yeah, it was sooo good! He's an animal, I swear! Gosh, I love him sooo much. Hey, Jason, pass me a beer mate."

He did as told and I giggled, missing it and crawled over to get it. My mind was spinning and I clumsily opened the bottle, gulping it down and everyone was staring at me. Gosh, I know I'm hot but there's no need to gawk.

Shit, that rhymed. I'm gonna be the next Taylor Swift.

A sigh escaped Calum and he said,"Man, you're wasted. C'mon, Mikey. Let's clean up so we can get Luke to bed. I think he'll have a hang over in the morning. Jason, Hank you guys can stay if you want. Take the couch or something."

I snickered, rolling around and suddenly a wave of depression hit me and a tear fell as I exclaimed,"Why won't he text me? He loves me, he should talk to me. I miss him, Jason, I miss him a lot."

"Umm, I'm sorry" He said awkwardly, patting my shoulder and glanced at Hank for help. "Maybe he just lost his phone charger...?"

"No! He's a rich mofo, he don't need no charger! He has 50 million more," I whined, swaying when trying to stand and glared at them. "He hates me! He didn't like having sex with me, I forced him didn't I? Was I too rough? He told me to go faster!"

A blush coated the boys cheeks and Hank said while scratching the back of his neck sheepishly, "I dunno man, I'm not even gay. He could be busy, don't freak out or anything. Just wait till he texts you."

"Fuck you, you're no help," I stumbled down the hall and into my room, slamming the door and crawled into bed after stripping to my boxers and frowned when not finding my phone, I think Calum had it.

I groaned, burying my face in my pillow and sighed. I just want to see Ashton, but I don't know what's going on. I knew he'd be in trouble for a bit, so I figured he wouldn't be able to hang out, but he should at least text me.

After a bit of tossing and turning, head spinning and a dizzy spell, I got comfortable and fell asleep, dreaming of Ashton and I at the cliff we jumped at, flirting shamelessly before we even dated and smiled.

-Going to work after a hang over sucks, especially when you have to be on your feet all the time and can't risk not working. I made sure I looked sober before going, not wanting to miss work due to needing money.

The necklace Ashton gave me was tucked under my shirt, I love it and it's kind of girly, but it was special to us cause that's our song. I love the thought he put into it and whenever I look at it, I imagine he's looking at the key chain at home.

"What's got you down, hun?" Betty asked, giving me a curious look while handing me some more dishes and glanced out to where a couple people were eating, already served and turned back to me.

I shrugged, admitting,"Ashton's been ignoring me."

"That doesn't sound right. I met the boy once and I can tell he wouldn't do that to you, are you sure it's not something else?" She asked in confusion, eyebrows furrowed slightly and reminded me much of my mum.

I shook my head,"No, he has to be ignoring me. He texted me a couple days ago and now he just stopped and I was worried at first, but now I'm just hoping he isn't silently breaking up with me or something."

"Why would he do that, dear?" She took the dry plates, placing them with the clean ones and helped me out a bit.

I gave her a thankful smile before replying,"We kind of...did stuff together and I dunno, everything was great before and I can't think of a reason he'd dump me aside from that, but he seemed to...like it."

She snorted,"I know you're talking about sex, Luke. No need to act innocent, the boy was waddling like a penguin when you came in. There's no secret that you didn't do something the night before. And he seemed happy, so I doubt it's that."

"Betty, table four !" A worker called and she gave me a small smile then left the room to take the order.

I sighed, finishing up the dishes and worked flew by after that. When I got home, Ashton was once again on my mind like usual. I miss him a lot, I miss holding him and teasing him about the stupid facts he tells me and the adorable way he talks.

When I walked inside, I heard the shower on and noticed both Michael and Calum weren't in the living room, meaning they were showering together and a grimace formed on my

face at the thought.

I changed into some more comfy clothes and when I went back in the living room, I saw they were both shirtless, only sweatpants on and had damp hair. Calum towel dried and asked me,"How was work?"

I just shrugged, not in the mood to talk and looked at my phone. My eyes widened, seeing a text and I opened it. The number was unrecognizable, but judging by the correct grammar and context, I knew it was from Ashton.

[From: unknown]

Hi Lukey, I wanted to tell you there's a new years party at my place on new years, duh hehe. I want you to come, please? Love and miss you Lukey <3

A smile formed on my face and I replied.

[To: Unknown]

I miss you too, baby. Won't your parents kill me? Oh well, I'll go anyways just for you :) love you princess. x

"Let me guess, it's the brat that's been ignoring you and suddenly wants your attention?" Calum scoffed, wrapping an arm around Michael and gave me a raised eyebrow, even though he knew the answer.

I glared,"Can you give it up already? This hatred you have for Ashton is getting annoying."

"It's annoying how obsessive you are over him. You don't see him for 4 days and suddenly flip shit, like not being with him will kill you," Calum retorted.

I huffed, crossing my arms,"Excuse me, but I'd like to see you two separate for a few days without any contact and then tell me how obsessive I am." They didn't reply and I smirked, telling them,"See? I'm taking a shower, see ya."

While I got a towel, I saw Calum looking at Michael while a flash of something in his eyes. Before I could question it, Michael asked,"Can I use your phone? I have to call work and ask for a couple extra hours."

I rolled my eyes, nodding and tossed my phone to him then went to my room and grabbed my clothes, going into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I glanced in the mirror, smiling at the necklace and took it off, relieved that Ashton didn't hate me and everything was okay now. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 891 14
Luke Hemmings is the famous guitarist and singer along with Calum and Michael. Ashton Irwin is a small curly haired boy who lives in his hometown Syd...
66.5K 2.3K 26
[Completed] Luke has the ability to read minds and uses it to his advantage to swoon in ashton.
60.8K 4.2K 10
[Short Story] Where Luke wears nail polish and picks at it when he's nervous to deal with his anxiety. Ashton happens to make him very anxious.
9.2K 541 25
Ashton is a twink who attracts the attention of the football team at a party. They ruin his life and Luke tries to make it better.