Forced Royal

Av SugarCubes4

Arizona Touris is content with her simple but beautiful life with her brother, Miles, and her best friend, Ja... Mer

Forced Royal
Birthday
Castle?
Change...
A Lot To Get Used To
Dinner
Missing Him
May the Torture Begin
I Would Rather Have My Eye Poked Out With A Royal Fork
My Date With Prince Charming
My Two Left Feet
A Little Bit Of Freedom
I'm Going To Have To Say... Goodbye? For Good?
I Promise...
Recovery
Leave Me Alone
Let It Rain
Happy Thoughts
A For Real Work Out
Nice Catch!
Spying on the Love Birds
No Comment
Tested
Attempting to Make a Plan
He's On One Knee
Celebration
A Dip In The Pool
What Could've Been
This Is It
Charlie + Emerald
Let's Get Started
Oh my...
You're Kidding, Right?!
This Plan Is Becoming Dangerous
Dylan's Sweet Surprise
Important
The Moment We've Been Waiting For
Hopeless
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)
Epilogue (Part 3)
Epilogue (Part 4)
What Happens To The Characters?
Thank You
Outnumbered
SEQUEL-FORCED HEIR
Forced Heir Prologue is Up!
Wattpad Block Party Winter Edition III

Picture Perfect

36.6K 1.2K 374
Av SugarCubes4

Chapter 36- Picture Perfect

My head peaks around the corner to spy on the engaged couple kissing as they sit together on a velvet couch in the Sitting Room. Morning sunlight pours into the room, reflecting off of Dylan's diamond ring on her finger.

My eyes flick down to my ring. The giddy smile disappears into a frown. Dylan's ring is way more special than mine will ever be. No, I'm not talking about how expensive or how pretty it is. I mean, her's has sentimental value and strong meaning. Mine might as well just be a decoration.

When my eyes return to the lovestruck couple, and immediately, my smile returns. They pull away from their kiss and start mumbling to each other quietly.

Suddenly, I hear a few words whispered in my ear, "Aw, that is just full of adorableness!"

My eyes lock onto Robin's as a pair of dimples appear on his cheeks when he grins. Playfully, I slap his chest, "Oh, be quiet."

"Stalker much?"

"Well, sorry for--" Robin interrupts me.

"--being a hopeless romantic?" Robin raises an eyebrow.

"Guilty as charged." I reply, smiling.

He chuckles, "You like that lovey-dovey stuff, Arizona?"

I nod my head, causing my blonde hair to bounce. Robin smirks, "Nice."

The clicking of high heels brings me back to what I was doing, and Dylan and Miles walk out of the Sitting Room. Dylan has the biggest smile in the world, and she meets eyes with me, "Oh, Arizona! Thank you so much for letting this all happen," her arms gesture around to the magnificent surroundings, "This is just so... exquisite!"

I smile. "You're welcome. I am excited for your engagement! I'm sure you will be doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of planning."

Miles laughs and Dylan nods. "We are going to have huge ice sculptures, glitter and jewels everywhere, and a chocolate fountain!"

I hold up a hand, stopping her from continuing, "Woah, wait! If there is a chocolate fountain, then I know where I will be the whole time."

Dylan giggles and gazes up at my brother, ''The feeling doesn't even feel real yet. I am just so happy... I-I can't even wrap my around it all."

A servant walks up to us and stares at me, "The queen has said that it is time for their departure. Arizona, please say your goodbyes and the couple shall be off on their way." Then, he is gone.

Robin watches us as I hug Dylan and Miles. As I hug Miles tight, I whisper in his ear, "Please, tell Jasper next time you see him that I'm coming back." The thought that there is a chance of coming back and returning to my old life, and that this will be something of the past. This will all be old news and all these worries will disappear out of thin air.

Miles whispers, "That reminds me, last time I talked to him over VisualCall he told me that he misses you. I'll give him your message."

With that, we part ways and he is torn away from me, but this time, I don't think he minds as much. Miles's focus can't be taken off of Dylan for a long time now. Even if he was spending time with his sister who he knows has been through a lot, but he is lovestruck. I can't blame him for not paying me much attention. Plus, Miles was just here to propose to her.

Robin looks over at me with a smirk and one eyebrow raised, "Ready to dance?"

"Guess so." Robin picks me up bridal style again with a cheeky grin. His hair was a bit in his eyes, and his eyes stare into mine with a wild glint in them. The crazy boy's huge smile made crinkles appear by his eyes, and his dimples make another appearance. "Put me down!" I giggle but my giggles just encourage him.

Robin's heavy footsteps make a thumping sound that ricochets throughout the empty halls as he sprints to the ballroom. When we get to our destination, Robin sets me back on my feet. "Remember the routine we went over this week?"

My head nods. "Yea, I believe I remember the whole thing." Almost everyday, Robin has taught me a large chunk of a dance routine. We know all of them; this is our last routine. After we learn this routine, we have to practice all of them in order until we know we know all of them. Then, I practice with Charlie until the wedding.

"Good, Queen Chels wants you and Charles to dance together after this practice. You and Charles have less than two weeks until the wedding." Robin says.

Less than two weeks? I thought that it was farther away from that... time passes by quickly. Only that short amount of time? I need to discuss the plan with Emerald and Charlie and make sure everything is in place. Gosh... less than two weeks. The wedding is coming and it is coming quickly.

"Oh," is all I can say. Then, Robin grips my waist, yanking me into his arms and an inch away from him into the position I'm supposed to be in.

"Ready?" My nod in response forces him to continue, "Okay, step, step, turn..."

***

After an hour and a half, we finally stop, and my breathing is slightly heavy. "I definitely know the dance now... goodness, I am still bewildered... less than two weeks..." I speak to Robin in between breaths.

Robin creates a slight side smile, "Well, you'll do good, princess. You did great today, so good you didn't even step on my feet," A breathy laugh escapes from me as Robin continues, "Ya know, with some practice you're not as bad of a dancer. You did extra good today." His complaint forces a smile onto my lips. Suddenly, Robin plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh, and you need to go to your room."

Trying to ignore his kiss on my forehead, I reply, "Why?"

"They haven't told you? Jeez, they never tell you anything. Anyways, today you are having a photo shoot with Charles for large magazine companies, social media stuff, and all those popular thing-a-bobs." He shrugs with a serious expression on his face but a goofy face replaces it. "Now, get to it, princess! You're a busy lovesick woman who needs not to waste any precious second without her true love." Robin batts his eyes and makes a girly smile, mockingly.

My laughter encourages him to form new jokes, but I feel bad for lying to him about loving Charlie. In his mind, he thinks I do when I don't. In my old life, I frowned upon liars and a feeling of disgust would always creep up inside me whenever someone told a fib. Never did it occur to me that I would be the one lying, but not just lying to one or two people. My mouth has spoken what seems like a thousand fibs to thousands and thousands of people. In fact, I've been a liar to all of England.

The wild ginger pats my head and yells at the top of his lungs, "Robin is off, off, and away!" Then, he is gone with a sprint out the door.

***

Sasha adjusts a diamond pin that is placed in my hair; they have finally finished my hairstyle after about an hour and a half. They created light waves in my dirty blonde hair and pinned it up in a low bun. Queen Chelsea scans over every little thing to make sure everything is to perfection. Emerald dabs at my soft pink lipstick as I stand straighter.

The flowing French lace engulfs my body and the embroidery jewels surrounding my abdomen shimmer under the light. My fingers brush over the soft fabric and I can't help but fiddle with it. KC plucks large circular diamond earrings through my ear lobe.

They all stand back and stare at me as if I was a masterpiece; I shift my feet as their eyes keep soaking every detail of me and my sparkly cream high heels create a loud clicking noise.

"Perfect. Beautiful. Stunning!" Queen Chelsea exclaims. "Oh, you look like a bride." She begins to tear up, "My son is getting married! Oh the wedding day is coming closer and closer. Oh, how exciting!" My face must've looked bland and unexcited because Queen Chelsea looks at me strangely, "Well, aren't you excited?"

Oh my, I forgot. I am supposed to be a lovesick, giddy bride! Panic begins to crawl up inside me, and I open my mouth to speak but Emerald interrupts, "Well, Queen Chelsea, she is probably a bit nervous. It is a very important event that Arizona will remember the rest of her life and change her life. That will mess with your nerves. All brides have it..."

"Yea," I speak up, "I am just a lil' nervous..." Before I know it, my panic is ebbing away into nothing for now. Emerald saved me. Thank goodness for her! A smile settles across my lips and I send a silent 'thank you' to Emerald, and she returns the smile.

A small girl, that looks even younger than me, rushes in and whispers a message in the queen's ear. After the girl speaks, Queen Chelsea huffs, "What do you mean they aren't ready yet?!"

The girl stutters as she explains, "They haven't finished setting up all the equipment and props, your Majesty. The servants are still placing everything you requested and the photographers aren't done setting up the equipment they need."

"But we have a tight schedule!"

"Yes, I told them that, Queen Chelsea, but they're doing the best they can."

"Well, how long 'till they will be ready?"

"About half an hour."

Chelsea growls and grumbles to herself as the girl exits. The frustrated queen rushes out with her hands curled into tiny fists. "Ugh, nothing can be just right nowadays..."

KC and Sasha go out of the room to do their duties. Almost immediately, Emerald snatches my hand. "Follow me. This is important." Those simple words make me worry and we quickly walk through several halls, passing several servants that walk hurriedly.

We turn a corner where it's as if it is a ghost town. Nobody is there except my grandmother and my fiancé eagerly waiting for us. Wow, that sounded really weird...

"Okay, we are here," Emerald says before she continues, "We have our plan mostly figured out, but I wanted to make sure all of us know what is going to happen the morning of the wedding."

"I believe I know what I am doing." Bethany says.

"I know what I'm doing... pretty much just hoping that this works." Charlie shrugs.

"I have no idea what I am doing..." I say which is an exaggeration but I need to know more details.

Emerald laughs lightly at my words. "Okay, Arizona, this is what is going to happen. Charlie, listen to this anyways, and Bethany, this applies to what you're doing, too. The night before the wedding there will be a point where I will get 'sick' and a 'rash' will be on my face. Bethany will take me to 'recover' and inform the queen that I can't be in the wedding. Bethany will put a cloth over my face saying that it will 'cure' the 'rash', and I'll sleep there. Then, around four 'o' clock in the morning Bethany and I will come and wake you up. Bethany will dye our hair and then we will make the switch. After that, you can sleep or whatever while Bethany will get me ready and cover my face with the vail. When they ask her why did he get me ready she will explain to them that she felt like Queen Chelsea would worry so much over getting you ready that she decided to handle it so everyone else could work on decor and that stuff."

"KC isn't involved?" Charlie asks.

Emerald nods, "No... she told me she wouldn't tell and that she was being stressed and that she took back the whole threatening ordeal. KC said she wasn't going to be involved though."

Charlie's facial expression changes into serious concern. "What if she tells?!"

I shrug, "Well, wouldn't you think she would've confessed already if she was going to?" That made him stay quiet for now, but I hope that I am correct about her confessing.

"Sounds like a good plan to me, youngsters." Bethany comments.

We discuss more about the plan, double-checking that we have all the details correct. We talk and talk and I look at what Charlie is wearing. A black tuxedo with several different badges and pins along with a pearl colored tie and shiny, black shoes. His hair was neat and orderly. Charlie is very, and I mean very, handsome.

All of sudden, that young girl peaks around a corner. "I've been trying to find you, Prince Charles and Princess Arizona! C'mon, it is time to take pictures, and no moment to waste since your mother, Charles, is very frustrated with us already being behind."

Charles escorts me down to the garden where our first set of pictures are going to be taken. There is a photographer that directs us under the gazebo and he tells us to do a few poses that feel natural to us.

Charlie plays the lovey-dovey act so good, but he is used to this sort of stuff.

Charles plops down on the bench inside the gazebo and pats his lap, "C'mere, love." He smiles and places his hands on my waist and pulls me gently onto his lap. Queen Chelsea, who was watching the photographer, comes up to us and adjusts some of my dress before we can continue.

I giggle really girly as Charlie and I stare in each other's eyes. Snap. Some of the writers that are out there, too, kept observing us. For effect, Charles mumbles compliments to me on how beautiful the dress looks on me and how much he can't wait for the wedding. After that, he plants a small kiss on my forehead. Snap.

More pictures were taken under the gazebo and then we moved to the middle of the garden. Charles wraps his arm tautly around my waist and I slide my arms around his neck. Snap.

"Aw, how cute." One of the writers say, "Come on, Charles, we want some lip action."

Charles looks over at the lady, "I was getting there." A laugh escapes me as his lips land on mine. Snap.

A rumble of laughter begins with everybody at Charlie's words and actions. After that, one of the photographers makes a suggestion, ''Now, Charles, how about you hug her from behind and you look down at her and she tilts her head to look at you but pretend as if you are about to kiss."

We do as suggested and I decide to let out another forced giggle. Snap. It is a bit fun with the exchanging of jokes and all, but I can't help but think of the plan. It has to work, and I believe it will. My old life is so close, and I can see it. Now, I am just trying to reach it.

We take a load pictures and most of the day is spent that way. Halfway through, Charlie didn't need to attend since they were done with our couple pictures. Then, they wanted thousands of photos of me.

All of them are breathtaking and beautiful. Some they made me hold a rose and pretend to sniffing it with my eyes closed. Another one is me sitting on the glistening stairs with rose petals scattered across the stairs and my long train flowing down the steps. Also, one of me standing in front of the grand entrance to the luxurious castle that I don't want to call my home anymore.

"Okay, last picture. Arizona, why don't you choose where you want the picture to be taken?" The writer offers. Immediately, I know the spot I want. It is a spot where I think and sulk and rejoice and cope. The circular window in the Sitting Room.

When we get there, I lay down in the circular window and let my train flow down to the floor. Clearly in the background, the sight of blooming flowers is bright and colorful. Servants rush and bring a few flowers from the garden into the room surrounding the window, making it look even more breathtaking. Queen Chelsea adjust my train a little then backs up.

My eyes stare out the window to the beautiful garden, and my right hand brushes against my collarbone while my left hand hangs down by my flowing skirt.

Snap.

Later, when I look at that picture, I thought it was the most beautiful picture ever. To me, it resembles what I am going through, but the thought that I may be able to go to how things were before makes me smile.

It's funny how one thing can happen in a split second and change your whole life and before you know it, you wish it was back to the way it was before. Change is a strange thing.

A/N: Hiiiiiii!

Yes, yes, yes, I know. Long time, no update. Well, it is finally here. :) Sorry it took me so long.

Also, I have entered a short story into a contest, I NEED EACH AND EVERY WHICH ONE OF YOU FAIRY MERMAID UNICORN NINJAS TO VOTE FOR A REBEL DREAM! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET! :) For the ones, who have already, I LOVE YOU!

Anyways, here is some good news and bad new:

1. This book is about to come to an end. :( BUT IT STILL HAS SEVERAL MORE CHAPTERS TO GO SO STAY TUNED!

2. I recently got one of the lead roles in a play I am doing. Good for me, but sorta bad for you in a way. I will have less time to write due to all the practices.

Thank you, lovelies, for all the awesome support! :) I always love seeing how many people have actually read my book, people who vote for it, and the comments. Sometimes, they just make my day! :)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

85.3K 3.4K 24
'My mother used to tell me that life is just a series of battles; it is up to us whether we are brave enough to fight them' Arriving back to...
2.2K 111 15
"I am sorry. I thought it would lessen your headache without medicine. Too many medicines are dangerous, and you eat too many. I am sorry. Please don...
306K 10.8K 22
When every last technology-obsessed human is kidnapped from the Earth what choice do you have as one of the last two but to accept the conditions? ...
6.1M 208K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...