Here We Go Again.

By JANA_MADZ

Jo Carter, is a teenage girl that lives in New York, she's sarcastic, funny and not your typical girly-girl t... More

New dude
Video games
Nightmare
BBQ
Phone call
Get a boyfriend
Night time coffees
Character List
Party
Bored
School
Late night
Nothin much
Coney Island
Game night
Sick
Days
A/N SORRY!!
Family
Still sick
Hair cut
It should be tradition
Emotions
BBQ
Moody
Kind of a date
Crazy
Worst Night Ever.
Sad
Week 1
Finally
Back
In N' Out
Hot Cheetos
Pizza
Nope.
Thoughts
Chaotic
The Mall
Date
Happy
Studying
Naps and video games
Bruised
Boring
"Girls" Night
Mall
A/N
Birthday
Pre-Party
Birthday Party
Summer
Sad
Dinner
Bring a friend
A/N
Travel
Santa Monica
No Reply
Friends
Showers
Long night
Panic
Closer
One Last BBQ
NEW BOOK
SEQUAL!?
SEQUEL

Barbecue

1.9K 51 4
By JANA_MADZ

  We were all sitting around talking and shit, while people came, dad started the barbecue.
  "No, whoever plays cards against humanity will regret it. I'll ruin you, no doubt" I said and Brandon laughs.
  "Dude, I'm competitive. So we definitely need to see that," he tells me I roll my eyes. There's a knock at the door.
  "I'll get it!" Austin jumps up I give him a look but shrug it off. I continue talking to them about cards against humanity which we were gonna play tonight.
  "I'm not kidding. I'll destroy you," I said and Caleb laughs.
  "She'll destroy anyone in anything," he adds and stands.
  "Exactly," I nod. "I'm gonna go get some more drinks," I stand and turn to see who was at the door and then I see Sam there my eyes widen when he smiles.
  "I hope I'm not too late for the barbecue," he says.
  "SAM!" I literally yell and hug him he laughs. Wow, who knew going 5 days without seeing him and I'd even miss his smell.
  "Hey babe," he says and I kiss him.
  "Ew sorry, that was probably a hallmark movie thing," I step away from him.
  "Yeah, you clearly missed me" he smirks.
  "Shut up," I mutter.
  "It smells so fucking good," he says. "Honestly, your dads barbecue's the only reason I came," he tells me.
  "Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised you whore," I said and he laughs.
  "That's new," he says.
  "It suits you," I said. I turn to Austin. "You knew didn't you?"
  "Obviously," Austin nods.
  "You're both whores," I mutter. "I was wondering why you weren't replying to my texts."

  "Yeah, I've been traveling" he shrugs. "Any frat boys I have to worry about?" He laughs. "Where's your dad?"
  "Doing the barbecue," I roll my eyes.
  "Cool, gonna check that shit out. I'll be right back," he tells me kissing me quickly then turning. His smile drops. "I mean I was joking about the frat thing," he says in a low voice to me.

  "Austin invited them. Plus Caleb was a desperate bitch with no friends," I tell him. "Where is Caleb?"
  "Washroom," Austin tells me.
  "Guys, that washroom smells like.." Caleb comes out and see's Sam, his eyes widen. "Dude! What the fuck?" He exclaims and smiles. "Someone finally decent."
  "Hey!" I said and they do their bro thing.
  "I'll be right back," he tells Caleb and heads to the kitchen.
  "Kinda mad you didn't tell me," I hit Austin a bit he laughs shrugging.
  "It's a surprised for a reason," he tells me. I sit down further from Brandon so Sam can sit next to me when he comes back.

Sam walks in a bit later eating something.
  "Dude, your dad needs to make food for our wedding," he sits next to me.
  "Oh my god," Austin says and I roll my eyes.

  "So this is Sam, I'm Brandon. We met your girl at the beach," Brandon butts in. Sam looks at him.
  "Yeah, lucky for you right?" Sam says. "Jo in a bikini makes up for a lot."

Brandon laughs, but I could tell that Sam was wary about him.
  "How did Kyle like you leaving?" Caleb asks Sam.
  "Hated it. But whatever. I didn't even hang out with them much," Sam shrugs. I was actually so happy he's here.
  "So you guys live where?" Brandon asks.
  "New York. Did Jo not tell you?" Sam replies.
  "No, we actually haven't talked much.." Brandon shrugs.
  "Yeah. But what we have seen has been great," Dylan adds.
  "That's because you're obsessed with me without even knowing me," I reply and he laughs.
  "Hey Jo, what happened to you getting us drinks?" Austin asks me.
  "Yeah, whatever. I'll get them now," I stand.
  "Cup of ice too!" Austin tells me and I give him a look.
  "You'll get what I give you," I tell him. I go to the kitchen.
  "Where did Sam come from?" Dad asks with a grin. "Not complaining."

  "I don't know. It was a surprise," I shrug.

  "You happy?" he asks.
  "Why does it matter," I reply grabbing us all drinks.
  "Just asking," he laughs shrugging.
  "I know you're happy about it," I say. "You guys should be dating. Did he meet grams?"
  "No, grams went to get something for me," he replies.
  "Kay, tell us when she's here" I said and went out with the drink and Austin's cup of ice.

  "Here you go queen," I tell Austin and he smiles.
  "Thank you very much," he says. "You're hot."
  "Thanks," I reply sitting back down and Sam was on his phone. "Dude, off your phone" I tell him.
  "Check yours," he rolls his eyes and I pull out my phone from my pocket. I have a text from him.

SAM😈😍: Can we just get a room now!?!?

ME: I mean... it'd be too obvious

SAM😈😍: Does it matter. It has been 5 days since we've seen each other, what do they expect?

ME: My dad, Aunt, and Grandma are in this house. Let alone all these people.. sorry you'll have to wait a bit

SAM😈😍: 😒

I put my phone down and look at him.
  "They aren't even paying attention to us," he whispers to me.
  "I don't want to have this conversation," I tell him. "Because... you're not the only person that wants that."

  "EXACTLY!" He said louder than wanted and they all look at us.
  "What's up with you guys?" Caleb asks.
  "Nothing," we said in unison.
  "Something of Sam's wants to be up," Austin says I put a hand over my mouth. Sam laughs.
  "Yeah," he says and I roll my eyes while Austin and Sam laugh together. Brandon seemed uncomfortable. He's weird.
  "Barbecue's ready," Lila pops her head in. "Also your grandma wants to meet him," She tells me and Sam.
  "Grams get's to meet you finally!" Austin cheers.
  "You call her grams?" Sam laughs at Austin.
  "We're close shut up," Austin said. We all head out back into the backyard where there were some of dad's old friends and Uncle Nathan.
  "Hey, where have you been?" I asked going up to him.
  "I was a bit late. Just busy," he shrugs. "Hey Sam," he says confused. "When did you get here?"
  "Today," Sam replies.
  "We gotta go meet grams. See ya," I grab Sam's hand and drag him with me. "Grams!" I chirp and he turns and smiles. "This is Sam," I tell her she looks and grin widens. Wow, just has to look at him and likes him better than me.
"Hey, I've heard so much about you!" She hugs him he lets out a laugh.
  "Hopefully all good things," he says.
  "No, all horrible shit" I mutter he pushes me away and I roll my eyes.
  "It's great to finally meet you," he says to her.
  "You too. You're a handsome boy," she says.
  "Jo thinks so too," he grins I roll my eyes again.
  "Now I know why Mason likes you," she laughs.
  "Yeah. Told you they're best friends," I say.
  "Go on and eat you two, we can talk later," she tells us and we turn.
  "Barely said anything and she likes me," he nudges me.
  "Grandma's like everyone," I mumble and he scoffs.
  "I beg to differ," he states passing me a plastic plate and we go to get some food. I go to reach for some bread kind of over the table. "Come on Jo. I don't have that much will power," he says.
  "What do you mean?" I asked turning dropping my bread. "Look what you did."
  "I did nothing," he says. "You're the one bending and reaching to grab things... in front of me," he says as I grab the bread.
  "Calm your hormones. Caleb, here" I pass him the bread that dropped he takes it. He'll eat anything. I grab another.
  "We are definitely getting a room, or a car after dinner" he tells me and I laugh.
  "Or a car?" I asked he nods and we sit.

  "Yeah. If we can't get a room," he says.
  "What if we can't get a car?" I asked.
  "Then we tell everyone to leave. Including your grandma, and this is her house" he says and I laugh.
  "What are we talking about?" Austin asks.
  "Rooms," I said and Sam nods.
  "Rooms?" Austin repeats we nod. "I don't want to be involved with you two freaks. Who's interesting?" He looks around the table.
  "So when do you guys go back?" Brandon asks while me and Sam were whispering shit.
  "Week and a half," I reply.
  "Why aren't you staying the rest of the summer?" He questions and Sam was obviously annoyed by the guy. Which he was being a bit weird, but he hasn't done much.
  "Because, we just came to visit my grandma," I said.
  "Oh," he nods.
"Yup," I nod back.
  "Your dad makes a good barbecue," he says.
  "You should tell her dad then. Not her," Sam butts in.
  "I was just stating it," Brandon shrugs. "How long have you guys been together?"
  "What's up with the questions?" Sam asks.
  "Just curious, not trying to be annoying" Brandon replies.
  "Well you are," Sam says.
  "Sam," I say and he looks at me.
  "What? He said he just met you like once. Why does this all matter?" He asks I look at him. "Fine sorry."
  "What's wrong?" I said in a low voice when Brandon start talking to Dylan.
  "Nothing," he shrugs.
  "What was the point of that?" I asked. It's annoying because Sam is not the jealous type. At all.
  "He clearly likes you," he tells me quietly.
  "He barely knows me," I said. "It's not like I like him so it shouldn't matter, and you never get like this."
  "I just don't like how he's been acting since I got here," he tells me.

  "He's harmless," I say.
  "Can we not have this conversation?" He asks. "I wasn't starting to start anything. I was just annoyed of his questions. Sorry."
  "Fine," I said and I saw his jaw clench, and as annoying this all was... he looked almost too hot. Like I will actually get a room with you right now. He bites his lip and looks away. No. I want to make-out with him right now. No joke. I poke my food with my fork and take a bite out of it.

~

I was laying on the couch staring at the ceiling as everyone else talked amongst themselves after dinner.
  "Are you still mad at me," Sam pops up over me looking down at me.
  "I was never mad to begin with. What you did was just pointless," I said he sits on the floor next to the couch and plays with a piece of my hair.
  "Yeah. I'm just sexually deprived," he said.
  "You were with me for how long until we had sex?" I laughed. "You should be fine."
  "But once I did have sex... couldn't get enough," he replies and I laugh.
  "Honestly, I kinda like it when we have fights. You look hot," I tell him and he looks at me of a second.
  "Fine, I'll get mad at you more often," he grins I roll my eyes.
  "Yeah. Please do," I said and he laughs. "So. Did you get the same flight back with us?" I asked.
  "Yeah, obviously" he nods.
  "So, what happened to that game of cards against humanity that we were supposed to play?" Austin asks.
  "Go get it," I tell him not attempting to move at all.
  "Bitch," he gives me a look and I just stare at him. "Where is it?" He asks I smile.
  "Upstairs in the room we're in and in the drawer next to the bed I'm pretty sure," I tell him he nods and goes.
  "You guys are in the same room?" Sam asks I nod.
  "Yeah. We've got a spare but we stay up late most nights and watch movie so," I tell him.
"Cool. But you're staying in my room tonight," he tells me and I laugh rolling my eyes.
  "Every time you're around, I roll my eye's more than ever" I tell him.
  "Good," he smirks and I push his head away he laughs getting closer and kisses me.
  "EW!" Caleb throws a pillow at us. "No one cares about you two. Get a room or fuck off," he says.
  "LILA, YOUR SONS BEING A DOUCHE!" I yell and he rolls his eyes.
  "You're a child," he tells me.
"Sorry your own mom likes me better."
He flips me off and I do it right back.
  "Got it," Austin comes down with the game. "Are you playing?" He looks at me.
  "Dude, obviously. But I'm doing it laying down," I said and he shakes his head.
  "I'm always somehow disappointed in you," he tells me.
  "I'm disappointed in myself too Austin. So thanks," I reply and he throws a pile of cards at me and they spill all over my chest. "Dude.'
  "I'm giving Sam a chance to feel up your chest... cause you know," he says and I roll my eyes grabbing all the cards and giving 10 to Sam.
  "Knew you got my back Austin," Sam says.
  "You two make me sick," I say.
  "Watch you and him for a day from my perspective.." Austin says. "Who's starting?"
Dylan started and we all played.

~

We came into the room kissing. I close the door with my foot and he backs me up onto it. It felt so good to be making out with him. Who knew less than a week would be too much for me without him? I wrap my arms around his shoulders as his grip my waist and I honestly did not care for anyone in the house at the moment. Like at all. Pretty much everyone was outside it was 9:30 and there was a small fire pit that our friends were around. The parents by the tables. It was the perfect time for us to get away and be alone.

  "Honestly Jo," he mumbles, "I've come to realization that I can barely go 2 days without you."
  "Same," I breathe out as he moves down to my neck. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach. And I didn't know what it was, or anything really. But I liked it, and I knew it was about Sam. But it was also scary. Was I really starting to fall in love? I don't know. It scariest and best feeling I've had.
His hand slides down to the hem of my shirt when we were interrupted by a knock. He pulls away with a sigh.

  "Yeah?" He says.
  "Is Jo in there with you?" It sounded like Brandon. Sam glances at me for a second then looks at the wall beside my head. We were only inches apart.
  "Yes."
  "Austin... was wondering where you guys were. And told me to come find you, so.." he said.
  "We'll be out there in a bit," he tells him and the disappointment I felt was immense.
  "Kay," Brandon mumbles and we hear him walk away.
  "I hate our lives," he mumbles and I laugh. "I guess we'll have to do this later," he mutters and kisses me again.
  "Yup," I nod. He pulls away and takes a step back and we leave the room.

We head out and they were in the kitchen right now.
"Hey. Where were you guys?" Austin asks eating a piece of cake and I stand at the counter, Sam puts his arms on either side of me. Austin looks at us for a second when realization kicks in. "Oh my god I'm sorry! I did not think," he lets out a laugh. "You can go back."
  "You already ruined the mood," Sam says.
  "Sorry!" He exclaims.
  "You two are whores," Dylan says.
  "Shut up," I said and he laughs.
  "Is your dad not here?" Brandon asks and I immediately saw that Sam was annoyed of him.
  "Everyones outside," Austin butts in. "Also... none of your business."
  "Just saying. Sorry," he shrugs.
  "I'll be right back," Sam says.

  "Jerk the gerk?" Austin asks.
  "Oh my god Austin no. I have to piss," he mutters.

  "Alright," Austin says with a look and I roll my eyes laughing. Sam leaves and I sigh leaning against the counter.
  "Pass me some cake," I tell Austin and he shoves the whole cake my way with a fork and I just fork it.
"You know, today's been eventful hasn't it?" Austin smiles. "Full of sexual tension and surprises. What a great day," he nods.
  "You're so weird," Caleb rolls his eyes and I pick up a piece of cake on my fork and throw the cake at him. "Hey!"
  "I'm the only person allowed to say he's weird. Freak," I tell him.
  "You let me say anything else," he tells me. I know that Austin never likes to be called weird by other people because it makes him think that people are calling his gay-ness weird.
  "I don't care. Eat ass and don't call him weird," I say.
  "Fine, geez" he rolls his eyes I nod.
  "That was hot, and demanding," Dylan says.
  "She has a boyfriend. That you just saw," Austin rolls his eyes Dylan shrugs.
  "Doesn't make it not hot," he says. I just eat the cake and then Sam comes back stealing my fork from me eating some.
  "Dude," I said he laughs and shrugs.
  "I was too lazy to get another," he tells me.
I didn't really pay attention to anything I just ate this bomb ass cake. And hate myself for saying bomb ass.

***************************

A/N

So. Surprise, surprise. Sam came, don't know if any of you thought, but ya. What do you guys think of Brandon!? Tell me your thoughts and shit. I hope you like this chapter, and all that romance shit. ANYWAY... Enough babbling. More to come. Enjoy. Xoxo.

-Jana❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 394 49
Meet Cherry, the girl who really isn't much of a girl to be completely honest. She's nice, cheerful, cheeky in an incredibly childish way, is a looks...
8.5K 183 30
She was a nerd. He was Mr. Popular. Samantha discovers that everything can change with just a mere incident. As her journey into highschool begins...
50.9K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
8.8K 368 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...