Our Fooling Game

By CriticallyIntense

Percy Flynn is the school's golden boy that everyone loves, he has a girlfriend, friends he loves and the one... More

Our Fooling Game
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
Up Next
Epilogue - part 1
Epilogue - part 2
New Exclusive chapter

015

21.1K 1.3K 1K
By CriticallyIntense

Percy Flynn

"Hey." I greeted Paxton, falling down on the sofa next to him.

"Hey." He said back, concentrating on the television as he pressed the remote.

I stared at the changing channels for a minute before turning to look at Paxton. The first thing I saw was the red hickey mark on his neck. I rolled my eyes, "I see you've been having fun with Sebastian."

"Huh?" He raised a brow in confusion before he caught on and made to cover the mark on his neck. "Oh."

"How did that happen?" I ask and Paxton glared at me.

"I'm not telling you about my sex life."

I crossed my legs under me. "Why not? Mum told us about hers."

"One time and it was for educational purposes."

"Yours would be for the same reason." I say and Paxton gives me the eye that says 'really?'

"What could a gay guy possibly be teaching a straight one?"

"Lots of things and I could be gay too." I said my voice really small towards the last part.

Paxton snorted.

"What?" I challenged.

"If you're gay, then vultures have mane."

I rolled my eyes but I understood his disbelief. "I know. I might be a bisexual though."

Paxton returned his eyes to me. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Maybe it runs in the family. Like gene stuff."

Paxton shook his head. "That's ridiculous and you know it. Dad says I'm the first gay in the family."

"In his family," I corrected. "What about mum's?"

Paxton eyed me. "Percy, what happened?"

I sighed, I really want to talk about it to someone. My best friend and brother seemed like a great option but I wasn't sure he'd understand. It's worth giving a shot though. "Spen--" I stopped and coughed loudly. "Some guy kissed me at the last party."

Paxton's mouth shaped into an 'o'. I nodded. "Yeah and I liked it and I can't get him out of my head."

"Let me guess, he was drunk?"

I nodded again. "Yea but that's not the worst part," I ducked my face out of view, my hand findind a spot on my neck to massage. "He mistook me for some other guy he's in love with."

"Shit." Was his response and all I could do was nod. "That's bad Percy and did you really like the kiss?"

"Yea, I want to do it again." I confessed. "In fact, I'm pretty sure I almost kissed him today."

"Was he conscious?"

"Yup."

"How did he take it?"

I shook my head, "not good. He only thought I was joking, yet he freaked out. He just said something about not ruining our friendship."

"Damn." He relaxed into the seat, the television long forgotten. "It isn't Henry, right?"

"No." I sighed. "Don't bother guessing or asking, I'm not telling who."

"Do you really like him?"

"I think I do."

"You think?"

I groan, hitting my head back and covering my face with my hands. "I don't know okay. With J, it was so easy. Now it's so hard and it'll better if I didn't like him. Maybe I'm confused." I looked at him hopefully. "Yeah. That could be it. My sudden breakup could be messing with me."

Paxton smiled. "I think you really like him."

"You do?"

"You're making up excuses, that the number one green light."

"Oh my God, I'm screwed." I cried out. "Well, nothing is certain yet."

"Yet. You should see where this goes." He advised.

"Easy to say, he doesn't see me like that."

"You're Percy, you can do it." He encouraged. "I'd say leave him since he's obviously in love with someone else. That is the number one red light."

I chuckled. "We're crazy."

"Yeah, I've been crazy for a while now. You... are about to go crazy." He chuckled. "I can't believe you're bisexual."

"Me neither." I said with a groan. Maybe if it wasn't Spencer, it'll be a whole lot easier. I wish I can tell Paxton that it's Spencer, it's really hard to hide this from him, I have to watch what I say so I don't blurt the wrong thing out. We usually don't hide things from each other but I have to hide this until he becomes more rational towards Spencer. "Remind me how you felt when you found out you were gay."

"Scared out of mind," He immediately said and I burst out laughing.

"You cried for three days straight. Mum had to take you to the hospital for tests." I recalled.

"Yea it was horrible but unlike me, you're a lot bigger and mature now. You don't need to cry, right?" He asks studying my expression.

"Yea but I'm still scared out of mind." I admitted and Paxton patted his shoulder out for me. I took it, resting my head with a sigh. "It's going to be fine."

Paxton smiled. "I should be the one telling you that."

"Are you ready to tell me about your sex life now?"

"No."

"Why not? I'll tell you mine."

"I'll pass."

*

"I'm having a game today. You should come."

Spencer screwed his lips, "Football? I really don't like that sport."

"How can you say that?" I stopped us from walking, holding his arm back. "You know you're talking to the quarterback right?"

Spencer rolled his eyes. "I know but I really don't understand it. Its violent and the noisy cheerleaders freak me out."

"Oh my God, now you have to come make it up to me." I said placing a hand over his shoulder as I steered him towards his locker. "Football is the number one American sport. People live for these things. I do too and you're seriously hurting my feelings."

He raised his brows at me debating with himself whether I'm truly hurt or not. Eventually he sighed, "Fine, I'd come. But I'm doing this just for you."

I grinned, "Cool." And after I ruffled his hair up, I added. "And I'll be playing just for you."

"Percy, not cool," He said with a forced glare, running his fingers through his hair to make it look better.

"You do know that however your hair is, it looks great right?"

"Nah, its usual flailing everywhere and no matter how much I..." He trailed off when he saw I was narrowing my eyes at him. "Oh. Um... Yes, I do." He turned scarlet. "Thank you."

I grinned. "Adorable."

He raised a brow. "Is this another, 'I know' test."

"No." I shook my head. "I'm just saying you look adorable when you become all shy and blush."

He blushed again but looked confused before he could say anything though, his small blond friend interrupted.

"Hey Spencer," He greeted, and then turned to me. "Hey."

I moved closer to Spencer, speaking before he could. "Hey back. How can I help you?"

"Um..." His eyes moved from Spencer to mine, probably looking for whom to rescue him.

Spencer sighed. "Percy, back off." He slapped hands with the guy a little. "What's up?"

They took about three steps away from me but I could still hear them. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something together after school." Blondie timidly asked and I opened my mouth ready to answer but decided to wait and hear what Spencer would say.

"Sorry, I'm going to the game after school." He said, his hands reaching up to pack his hair into a bun. I rolled my eyes. "You should too. Percy promises it to be a bomb."

He glanced at me, then back at Spence. "I don't know..."

I jumped in then, putting a hand over Spencer and swiftly losing up his bun. "Yeah me neither, it'll be pretty crowded. You should skip it."

"Yeah, I should," He said frowning at me. "Bye Spencer, see you tomorrow."

"Sure." As soon as he was out of sight, Spencer shoved my hand off him and glared at me. "What was that for?"

"What exactly?"

"You're being a jerk to Truman and I don't think he's done anything to you."

I relaxed into the locker with a groan. "I just don't like him."

Spencer crossed his arms, fixing his eyes on me. "Why not?"

I shrugged, my neck feeling really hot, "Maybe its jealousy."

Spencer clearly did not expect that. "W-what?"

I cleared my throat. "I said, maybe I'm jealous."

He scoffed. "Why would you be jealous of Truman?"

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "I don't know, I don't like him hanging around you, that's all."

"Oh." He thought, starting to look nervous as his eyes lowered to his feet and back to his fingers that he started playing with. "Did you hear him say something behind my back?"

This time I groaned out loud, probably scaring Spencer and anybody who heard me. "Fine, I'm just going to say it."

"Say what?"

"You know how I'm not one to beat around the bush right?" I asked, stalling for time and building up courage.

"Yea..." He drawled looking at me curiously.

I closed my eyes counting to five. I did this with Janis, it shouldn't be hard with Spencer. One... two... three... four... "I think I like you." My eyes slowly fluttered opened, I could swear that this is the most anxious and vulnerable I have been in a while. I saw that Spencer's expression had not changed. He still looked adorably confused and I was sure. "Correction, I like you."

He blinked, his lips parting slightly.

"More than a friend," I clarified and I finally saw the change in expression I was expecting and was scared for. I swear I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, it wasn't anywhere like it was with Janis.

However, before either of us could say more— the cheer group appeared out of nowhere like a pack of bees, attacking me.

"Percy!"

"There's our quarterback!"

"Why aren't you ready?!"

I registered the hands on me, lips on my cheeks and my legs moving backward but otherwise, time stood still as my eyes remained locked with Spencer. He didn't look away and neither did I, he got smaller and smaller as I moved further until eventually I couldn't see him again.

God, I just hope I haven't ruined us.

*

The bleachers were filled up, sidelines too, coach was pumped and even we, the players were ready to play. My teammates were busy engaging in a glaring contest with the rivals, while I was searching for him on the bleachers. I've found Mel, with the school's colors painted on her cheeks and Dad with Tricia securely strapped to him as he tried to hold onto his beer and her juice.

Did he decide not to come again, after all? Did I piss him off by confessing? I knew I should have just kept my big mouth shut.

Just then somebody knocked into me and I stumbled back. The rival team, instead of apologizing he just sneered and walked on. I wasn't in the mood, lest, he would have been kissing the grass.

"Yo Perce, where is your head at?" Eric asked shaking me up. "We're starting. Come on."

I grabbed him by his shirt, drawing him closer. "Dude, have you Spencer?"

"Tracey?" He confirmed just before look over at the crowd. "Yea, there he is."

I followed his eyes and truly there Spencer was. His curls are covering up his face completely as he struggles through the crowd, bee lining for a seat with a handful of snacks. I was sure he was thinking he would be bored. A sigh of relief left me and I let go of Eric. God knows that if I didn't see Spencer, I was not going to concentrate. His presence here meant more to me than I knew in that moment. It also meant that we weren't over...yet.

I watched Spencer make it to his seat, exchange a word with the girl beside him, then huff and shake his hair like a wet dog would. When he decided to tuck his hair away from his face and behind his ears, which was when he finally saw me. Time froze for those seconds and for the first time, I was at a lost for what to do.

Spencer then smiled and waved to me, I smiled back and--

"Put on your helmet and get in the game, quarterback!" The coach yelled right in my ear and I jumped a feet into the air.

"Yes, Sir!"

When I glanced back at Spencer he was laughing so hard, I was sure tears were gathering up in his eyes. That brought some weird happiness to me and as I jogged into the game, I had a good feeling about us and the game.

_____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 397 30
Nico has a problem. He's in love with Percy Jackson. Mr.perfect with Ms.perfect as his girlfriend. He doesn't feel like he belongs and is desperately...
73.4K 1.6K 19
Spencer Cade appears to have an average teenage life, He is a great athlete, has an amazing girlfriend, top of his class, and just all around popular...
8.7K 815 26
[BXB] Romeo, exhausted by his apathetic relationships, is desperate to prove to himself that he can find love. Rodney, reckless and exciting, is unl...
13.5K 1.2K 44
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...