Unforgettable Second Chances...

By CeruleanBlues

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 17 (part two)

7.7K 215 6
By CeruleanBlues

Here's the second part!

Preferably most of this chapter would be on Fiona's PoV (for those who don't know her, read my first Unforgettable Series entitled UNFORGETTABLE PROMISE to know more about her)

Take note that I have a bonus character here, but you'll won't be seeing this person soon ^__^

SOng of the Day:  WITH YOU by R. MASON  (This is actually a demo produced and performed by R. Mason but this will be sung famously by ONE DIRECTION soon!!!! ;P)

This chapter is dedicated to:    janine257  for supporting this story!!!  ^_^

Note: not edited

Love lots,

~CeruleanBlues~

==============================================================

FIONA’S POV

“Raine just saw Gregory and wanted to avoid him,”

I noticed that Marcus began to stiffened for a moment, but then relax and went back to his usual cool demeanour. “How do you know about Gregory?” he asked.

“Well, technically, I don’t,” I said while shrugging. “We don’t know each other but from the conversation Raine and I had moments ago, I feel that I already know all about him.”

“Raine talked to you about Gregory?” Marcus said in disbelief, although there was a hint of humour in his tone. “Well, this is something interesting.”

“Tyrell also told me about him, when he visited Raine from the school,” I added.

“Speaking of him, where is that besotted husband of yours anyways?” he said while looking around the place, assuming that Raine and I weren’t the only ones in the café.

“He’s having an interview with the applicants who’ll be taking care of Ashton while both of us are working,” I replied.

He nodded at my answer, and seemingly no longer interested to talk about it any further.

Seemingly, people might find it awkward and odd that I’m having a conversation with my ex-fiance, who also happens to be the cousin of my husband. For some other couple, they tend to avoid their previous relationship since they find it unusual and ,indeed, awkward.

Somehow, in our case, Tyrell, Raine, Marcus and I are different. Instead of avoiding each other and holding grudges for stealing one’s fiance or fiancee, our relationship with one another grew more stronger everyday.

Although, I knew that Marcus is still confuse of his feelings towards me, especially whenever I mentioned Ashton. Perhaps, he might be thinking that if I were married to him, then he could be Ashton’s father. I wanted to asked him about this certain topic yet, I know he doesn’t want to talk about it so I decided to dropped the topic.

Of course, there will be a right time to ask him about it, but not just this time around.

“By the way,” I suddenly asked when I remembered Marcus and Gregory went out from his car. “Why is Gregory here in America, especially he’s with you?”

Marcus was about to answer when the man in question suddenly appeared.

“I think I know some ways that will be appropriate for my plans. I just bought something that would definitely—

Gregory paused, when he noticed that Marcus wasn’t alone. “I beg your pardon,” he flushed embarassingly when I was looking at him, chuckling. He then look at Marcus, “Am I interrupting your conversation?”

Marcus just grinned as I moved to my right side so that he could sit. “As a matter of fact, you just save me from answering her question about you,” he said while giving me a pointed look.

“Me?” Gregory asked confused of what Marcus meant. “What about me?”

“Seems you have forgotten about the first thing you should be doing, which would be introduction,” I said raising one eyebrow at him, but he just look at me with a boyish grin on his face. “I’ll introduce myself then,” I said before I face Gregory. “Hi I’m Fiona Knight, a pleasure to meet you,” I said in my most polite tone.

“I’m Gregory Blaire,” he said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

I was taken back of his gesture, but Marcus supplied, “Its their kind of way in greeting a woman at their place,” when Gregory released my hand.

I just nodded before I started my conversation with Gregory. “So what brings you here in America?”

Instead of answering my question, he gestured to the magazine I was reading awhile ago. “I would assume that you already read an article about me.”

I nodded once again, before it dawned to me the reason why he was here. A smile suddenly creeped on my face. “Then it is true then,” I said then added, “although, I would most believe it if it came from you.”

“Every word I said on the magazine is true,” he confirmed. “That’s why I’m here and,” he gestured towards Marcus, who was ordering their beverages to a waiter, “I asked for his aide.”

“And since you two are already acquainted with one another, perhaps Fiona could help you as well,” Marcus said, obviously he was listening to our conversation. After the waiter left, he turned towards Gregory. “I’m not quite the expert when it comes to romance, actually,” he said giving him an apologetic look. “Its no wonder that Fiona isn’t my wife since I’m not quite the romantic type of man, although her current husband is.”

Gregory just looked at him with a confused look, before he gaze towards me. “What does he mean?” he asked. “I’m seem to be lost of what he is saying.”

I inhaled deeply before exhaling as I faced towards Gregory. “Marcus used to be my fiance,” I simply said, which earned me a surprised look from him.

“Used to be?”

I nodded.

“And Fiona’s current husband is now Raine’s ex-fiance,” Marcus supplied.

Now, that information really did surprise Gregory. Well, who wouldn’t be especially when its more surprising that the four of us are still intact with one another.

“Now that you mention about it,” Gregory said as he recovered from the state of surprise, “Raine did mention to me once that she was about to be married, but I never knew. . .,” he trailed off.

No words were spoken of since it everything was all coming clear to him. He just cast Marcus a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry about you engagement,” was all he said.

Marcus just waved his hand in dismissively and said, “It doesn’t matter anymore,” although he wasn’t looking at Gregory when he said it, but his gaze was looking outside the window, so distant that it made me want to think he doesn’t want to bring the past to the present.

Marcus. . .

 I silently prayed that one day, Marcus would find himself a woman who will truly love him, and will never break his heart like I did. When that day comes, I’ll make sure to thank that woman for becoming a part of his life.

There was a mere silence from the three of us, although suddenly broken when the waiter appeared serving the beverage that Marcus ordered. I grasped both my hands on my lapped beneath the table to build up the courage to say something to converse, a topic that wasn’t upsetting or something that would lighten up the mood.

Before I could open my mouth to say something, Marcus decidingly began speak, “Are you going to help Gregory about his tragic dilemma?”

“Tragic dilemma?” Gregory mused. “I assure you someone, other than my mother, hasn’t died yet who is quite dear in my life as of moment.”

“Very well then,” Marcus acceeded. “How about unrequited love?” he suggested, now looking at Gregory with a grin.

Gregory shut his mouth since, he doesn’t have any remark regarding about what was true of Marcus said. On the other hand, Marcus’ grin broaden when Gregory didn’t have any retort, which earned him a silent glare from Gregory.

I just laughed silently at their childish bickering, before I face Gregory, “Anything I might be of help, you can count on me,” I said then added, “ escpecially if it is for Raine.”

Gregory showed me a grateful smile.

“Well, let’s start planning,” Marcus ruefully said, “we’ve got a long way ahead of us.”

“Why is it so?” I asked.

Marcus was now facing me. “We’ll start planning from the start until the end of the alphabet.”

Gregory and I shared a confused look to each other, before Gregory decided to asked, “Alphabet?”

Marcus nodded. “Plan A for a start and if it fails, then we still have Plan B for a back up, Plan C and Plan D and so on and so forth,” he said.

This time I couldn’t hold on to my laughter that I burst out laughing at Marcus’ way of humour. The two men just look at me before they joined in laughing as well.

“Raine will surely have the surprise of her life,” I silently said to myself as we began to discuss our plan.

                                                                *****    ****     *****

SOMEONE ELSE’S POV

I walked hurriedly since I’m already late for my appointment, when my cellphone rang inside my coat pocket. I look at my cellphone to see who the caller is, then suddenly winced when I saw the name registered on the screen.

MR. ANDREWS.

I was having second thoughts whether or not should I answer the call. In the end, I decided to answer it since, he was after all my boss. Before I could open my mouth, the caller immediately said, “YOUR FIRED!” and immediately hanged up.

I just sighed before I returned my cellphone inside my pocket. I already knew that I’ll be terminated but I never expected this soon, especially I’ve got three kids to feed at home. Now, I’ll just have to make another excused that I quit my job, instead of telling them that I got fired just because of my tardiness, and pretend that there are other jobs that are offering me a higher salary.

I continued to walked and paused to wait the go signal light to walk on the other side of the street. “I better print out another bio-data and other files needed for a job application,” I mumble to myself, tapping my foot patiently as I look at the stoplight.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a woman walking while her head was bowed down, as if she’s carrying such a heavy burden on her shoulders. I smiled wryly at the thought that she and I were on the same boat, since I just got fired today.

I immediately frowned when I notice that the woman was walking across the street, still her head bent down. I gave a quick glance at the stoplight, making sure that it was alright to across. But it was still in red light signalling that walkers weren’t yet allowed to walk across.

I was about to call out to her that she wasn’t suppose to walk yet, when a fast truck was coming to her direction. I tried calling out her attention, and when she saw me gesturing at her left side, she glanced and obviously her eyes widen when a truck was almost near her.

Thankfully that the truck was able to hit brakes in the mere seconds before it collided with the woman. Although, from the state of near-to-death experience, she collapsed and I felt my feet suddenly move towards where she was, and before I knew it, I was already shouting for help.

===========================================================

So what do you guys think?

quite the cliffhanger huh?

Well, yeah like I said you won't be seeing this person more in this story in the succeeding chapters, although.... *zips my mouth*

You'll find out soon enough  *winks winks*

Don't forget to leave comments and vote too  *big smiles*  ^______^

Next update:  JUST TUNE IN WHEN!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 17 26
How can you face losing the person you love? Nobody said it was easy... Sarah will have to face that now the love of her life is gone. How can she...
32.5K 679 29
"I admit that I don't deserve you, but you know how greedy I am for you, I am selfish for you. Cause I never wanted to give up on you. I almost lost...
4.3K 156 20
Raine had planned on ending it. Eda wasn't going to open up, and it was too much for both of them. Raine was sure of it. That was, until an unforesee...
2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...