Throne of Glass Oneshots

Bởi acourtofthrones

This book will be One shots for just ToG! Once one of our admins (cough cough) finishes ACOTAR we will probab... Xem Thêm

Say 'Will You Marry Me' Part 2
Say 'Will You Marry Me' Part 3

Say 'Will You Marry Me' Part 1

644 5 0
Bởi acourtofthrones

Elide's PoV

Elide Lochan made her way down the narrow halls of Perranth Hospital to the waiting room, silently rehearsing the name she had been assigned. She'd worked as a nurse for years and had treated many different patients, but none had stricken her as much as-

"Lorcan Salvaterre?" She called, turning her head to meet the gaze of a black-haired man sitting near the corner, arms crossed. His hair ran down his neck in long, straight strands, his eyes sparked a deep brown, annoyance and something unknown to her glazed over them. A fitted t-shirt and a loose pair of jeans hugged his body. She met his gaze and found herself taking a step back. His gaze was intense, but Elide found herself unable to look away from the man. She swallowed uncertainly as he and another man, who looked much kinder, made their way towards her, "this way gentleman, we'll be in room 289."

They followed her down the hall and into the room, where she instructed Lorcan to take a seat on the hospital bed, which he did with an annoyed grunt. She pulled out an old clipboard and pressed her pen to the paper, "so what seems to be the problem-"

"Nothing," Lorcan interrupted, rolling his eyes which caused the other man to give a stern glare before he turned his gaze to Elide.

"Sorry about him, he's a bit of an asshole. My name is Fenrys, it's nice to meet you." He said, granting her a small smile which she gladly returned.

"Oh, it's fine, I'm Elide by the way. It's nice to meet you as well. What brings you to Perranth Hospital today?"

"Nothing, this is stupid-"

"Will you be quiet and cooperate please? You're driving me crazy."

"I am cooperating Pup. You're the one who-"

"I told you not to call me that!" Fenrys hissed angrily, turning his apologetic gaze back to a patient Elide, "he's been coughing up blood for several weeks now and running a high fever." Elide wrote everything down and nodded slowly, showing she was still listening.

"Any diarrhea or problems urinating?" She asked.

"No," Lorcan grunted in reply.

"Have you been feeling tired or sleepy when you had gotten an appropriate amount of sleep the previous night?"

"Yes, he has seemed extremely sluggish today," Fenrys cut in to which Elide cast him a gentle glance.

"Any nausea or stomach problems?"

"No," Fenrys replied once more.

"Alright, headaches?"

"Yes, definitely."

"Um, sir, can you let Lorcan here answer these questions, just so I can get the full story." She smiled and looked back over at Lorcan who smirked up at Fenrys.

"Ya, let me talk Pup." His voice was teasing and the other male turned to glare at him again, but said nothing.

"Yes, of course. I'm sorry," Fenrys answered, smiling softly at Elide.

"Thank you. How long have you felt this way, Lorcan?"

"A few-" Lorcan started, but was again cut off.

"A couple months actually," Fenrys pointed out, seeming oblivious to their previous conversation. Elide moved on,

"Any mood changes?"

"Yes, he has been way more irritable and angry than usual." Again the shorter male was the one answering the questions. Elide sighed inwardly, but moved down her row of questions.

"Could any of this be caused by drinking, smoking, or taking drugs?"

"No, he-"

"Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room." Elide said sternly, Fenrys turned to face her, his face full of shock.

"Wait, why?" He asked. Elide opened her mouth to give a gentle answer, but Lorcan beat her to it,

"Because you won't let me answer the questions you idiot." Lorcan growled, leaning back against the bed. Elide smiled at him and the sickly man returned it.

"Oh, um, ya I can go, I'll be in the waiting room." Fenrys got up from the chair that he had been sitting in and gingerly opened the door before leaving. Elide turned back to her patient and studied him. His shoulders seemed much more relaxed now and she could tell from his face that he was actually very sick.

"So, were the answers your friend gave correct? Anything you'd like to add?" She questioned him, keeping her voice low and gentle.

"Ya, I guess," the male snorted.

"You guess?"

"I'm fine."

"No," she said, her voice going stern once again, and she cast him a glance over her clipboard, "you are obviously not."

"Fine, whatever, what else do you want to know?" Lorcan studied the posters on the wall.

"Well, I'm finished with my questions, but I was just curious if there was anything else?"

"Nope, Fenrys basically covered it." Lorcan looked back up at her and smiled. Elide smiled gently back and nodded, tucking her clipboard under her arm.

"Are you okay if I take a blood sample?"

"Sure, if it will help." His voice had taken a softer tone even as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright," she pulled on a pair of rubber hospital gloves and retrieved a needle from the kit lying in the corner of the small room. She took a step closer and wiped down his upper arm with an alcohol wipe before softly pressing the tip of the needle to his skin and then allowing it to go deeper so it could pierce one Lorcan's veins. She filled the syringe up before removing it and covering the wound with a sparkle band-aid.

Lorcan cast her a questioning look, but grunted a laugh and smiled slightly making Elide blush and smile back. She walked towards the door,

"I'll be back after the blood report is done. Doctor Towers will be in to see you in just a few moments."

Lorcan's PoV

Lorcan walked into his favorite bar just to see Fenrys Moonbeam sitting in a booth, a beer in his hand. He had been puzzled when he got a text asking to meet at the bar, a place they used to see eachother so frequently. As soon as Lorcan sat across from Fenrys he watched as the younger man's expression changed, immediately regretting his decision to come. Lorcan had always protecting Fenrys, had been the one to stick up for him. He had once seemed so tough so indestructible now seemed almost frail, his skin was pale, and he looked and felt thinner than ever. Lorcan had barley left his house the past few months, always had a fever and felt sick to his stomach, and most recently during his coughing fits, he would often cough up blood. He shook his head and plastered a grin on his face trying to ignore the look on Fenrys' face and enjoy his time there. Their 'cadre' as they liked to call it hadn't had a chance to be together lately with adult life and other responsibilities getting in the way.

The two sat for over an hour, eating burgers and drinking one too many beers, but as time went on, Fenrys' worry seemed to only increase, the wrinkle in his forehead becoming deeper with every minute he spent staring at the older man. Every few minutes Lorcan would break out in a coughing fit, hiding the bit of blood that came out on his napkin. He though Fenrys' head might explode so he got up, clapping a hand onto the boys' shoulder and said, "Well I should go Pup, but-"
Fenrys looked up and gave him a worried look, "Wait, Lorcan. I think you should go to the hospital. You really don't look well."

"I'm fine Pup. Really! I can take care of myself."

Fenrys shoved Lorcan's hand off of his shoulder, " I told you not to call me that! And do not tell me you are fine, you look like shit man. C'mon I'll even take you myself, I have nothing going on the for the rest of the day." He gave Lorcan no room for argument.

Lorcan did have to- reluctantly- agree he had been feeling worse in the past few days. He sighed and looked down at the kid he had protected so fiercely, and noted the worry all over his face, "Fine, but don't be surprised when they tell us nothing is wrong." He turned and stomped out of the bar, heading right for Fenrys' rickety old truck, "This thing looks like a gust of wind could make it fall apart."

Fenrys flushed, embarrassed, "Well I'm saving up for a new one. We could take yours if you'd prefer." They both looked over to the brand new sports car and Lorcan chuckled, waving him off. The ride to the hospital was silent except for the coughing fits Lorcan had every few minutes. As they neared the hospital he became more and more stone faced as if he were trying extra hard to convince himself nothing was wrong. They pulled into the parking lot, and stopped near the entrance. Fenrys lead the way in and watched as Lorcan gave all his information to the man behind the desk, he piped in every once in a while with another detail.
Lorcan watched as Fenrys shuffled from foot to foot, as the pair waited for a nurse to call them back. He repeatedly asked the younger boy to sit down, but dread began to pool in his stomach as the minutes ticked by and he eventually gave up on quieting the boy.

Lorcan looked up as he heard his name being called across the room, "Lorcan Salvaterre?" He looked up to see a young nurse looking around the waiting room wide eyed. She looked young, but had the curves of a woman. Her dark hair was kept pinned at the base of her head, and her white uniform hugged her nicely. There was nothing outwardly extraordinary about her, but the gentleness in her eyes made Lorcan look twice. He got up and stalked across the room, Fenrys trailing him like a lost puppy. She stumbled back a step when she saw him, but as her eyes fell on Fenrys she straightened, "this way gentleman, we'll be in room 289."

...

Two weeks later Lorcan would have been walking right back into Perranth hospital to get his blood results. Instead it was three days after the appointment with Fenrys and Lorcan was unconscious in an ambulance while it sped towards the ER. He had become light headed, his fever at 105°f and began vomiting blood all over the hallway of his apartment.

His neighbor came by to return some tools which were quickly forgotten and discarded as he found Lorcan on the floor unconscious surrounded by blood. He quickly dialed 911 and sent Lorcan on his way with the paramedics.

Lorcan woke dizzily, grumbling at the bright florescent light around him. He was sweating with a fever but freezing and grabbed for the blanket covering his legs. He opened his eyes as his arm was restricted. He was in a hospital room, IV's stuck in both arms and multiple monitors around him were beeping persistently. He opened his mouth to call out, but found it to be dry. He scanned the room and found no water, but did find the 'call nurse' button and pressed it immediately.

He waited for a few minutes, and soon heard soft foot steps as someone walked toward his room. He looked up right as she walked in.

Elide's PoV

The call nurse button illuminated for room 174 and she rushed along quickly, not quite sure who this patient was or what exactly what the problem was. The halls were crowded with different doctors and patients and nurses, each hurrying off in a different direction. She reached her required room and poked her head inside and was surprised with what she saw, "Lorcan?" She was surprised she remembered his name, but found herself hurrying to his side, "are you alright?"

He looked up at her in surprise, his eyes shaded over with happiness as he managed a smile, a drop of blood falling from the corner of his mouth. "Hi Elide," he rasped.

"You-" she hesitated- "you remembered my name?"

"You remembered mine," he replied simply and her face flushed crimson, "I'm sick."

"Yes," was all she said as she fetched a thermometer and filled up a glass of water, "tell me what happened."

"I don't know, I passed out I think. One minute I was at my house the next I was here. I'm sorry." Lorcan coughed, blood covering the white quilt resting over his body.

"Why?" She questioned handing him the water. He took a long drink and then set it down, his eyes shut tight.

"Huh?"

"Why did you apologize?" She repeated.

"Oh, well I just wish I could tell you more. I'm- I'm sure I'm fine though." She pushed the thermometer into his mouth after he was done speaking.

"Would you quit saying that?" Elide sat down in the side chair and sighed, "you are obviously not fine, but you just keeping saying you are and honestly you-" Lorcan broke her off with a sharp laugh, that ended with another coughing fit. "What?"

"You hardly know me and you're ready to tell me all about myself, it's hilarious." He started laughing again and despite the sharp words hissing on her tongue she only said:

"Stop laughing and drink your water," she instructed, getting up and pulling the thermometer out of the corner of his mouth and checking it, 102.

"You're funny," he snorted.

"Oh, now you know me?" She replied, sitting back down and writing a few things down on her clipboard.

"I have a good sense of others."

"As do I. And don't forget that I have your files."

"They don't have files on my personality."

"They files about what you've done," she snapped, irritation flaring in her eyes.

"Oh and what have I done Elide?" He replied, his voice never rising.

"You have several charges still present about a fight with Rowan Whitethorn-" Anger flashed through his face.

"That doesn't count," he growled, "I was protecting Fen- it doesn't count."

"Just cause you were protecting someone doesn't mean the charges don't count! They're on your records now until you die-"

"Shut up!" He yelled, "get out! Get the hell out!" He sat up in bed and Elide stumbled back, fear rising in her body as she ran out of the room and back to the nurse's station. As soon as she got there the call nurse button flashed once more and part of her told her to go back, but instead she looked over at Sorscha.

"Can you get that?" She asked.

"Weren't you just-"

"Please?" The other nurse sighed and nodded, walking off. Elide leaned against the wall and gripped her head. Why did she care? He was a patient, she should have remained calm, they both should have. Suddenly Sorscha came back in, looking rather irritated.

"He's asking for you," she snorted.

"Tell him I'm busy." She snapped and again Sorscha marched off. But once again she returned rather quickly.

"Elide, he refuses to speak to me." Sorscha gave her a stare and Elide found herself walking towards his room with a huff. She entered the room, her arms crossed and her face blank.

"What?" She huffed.

"I'm sorry," he sighed casting her a sad look.

"Whatever, how-"

"I'm sorry Elide." He said once more and she sighed loudly, shaking her head and chasing off the small smile requesting to enter her lips.

"It's..." She paused, "okay. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Do you know what's wrong?" Her eyes dimmed sadly and she shook her head.

"No, we'll only know in two weeks time," she replied.

...

Elide walked slowly towards Lorcan's room. It had been two weeks, and she had spent all last night pouring over the results. She had barely slept an hour when she jumped from her bed, got dressed, and rushed to the hospital.

She now stood in front of Lorcan's room, starring nervously at the number 174 marked on the door. She bounded on the balls of her feet before knocking and entering the room quietly. Lorcan was still sleeping quietly when she entered, but his eyes flickered open as she walked over to him and straight to the file that lay on her clipboard.
He sat up, "Is that-"

"Yes." She pulled a chair next to his bed and sat down. She opened the file and her hands were shaking violently. She looked up at him, his eyes were scanning her face for any hint of what was happening, "I have looked and looked and looked, but these match nothing I've ever seen before. I have a meeting with Mrs. Towers and a number of the doctors here today, and we will keep searching, but..." She looked back down at the results before continuing, "what I do know is... is that this will kill you. There is no way your body will be able to maintain these numbers and you already have a number of vital organs beginning to fail."

She looked back up helplessly. And only then did she realize that she was crying when he reached up to her face and brushed away the tears rolling down her face. "Hey, don't cry. It's gonna be okay."

She pulled away from him slightly, "I am so sorry." She wiped the tears from her face frantically with the sleeves of her uniform, "That was completely unprofessional," She shook her head, "Staying here under medical attention would be advised Mr. Salvaterre, it will provide our team a much better chance at fighting whatever is happening." She frantically gathers her things and heads to the door.

"Elide," She turns around at the emotion in his voice to find his face blank, numb. "Can you just stay, just for a couple minutes?" He looks down, his voice nearly a whisper, "please."

She sets her stuff down on the counter and takes a seat back onto the chair, she takes his hand in her and grips it tightly, "Always."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

620K 31.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
447K 30.4K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
363K 13K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...