Unexpected Late Night

By rachel_dulay

{completed} cover by @ mahgadahling Chloe Fisher, The radiant, talented up and coming ballerina preparing fo... More

Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.

Chloe.

6.3K 132 8
By rachel_dulay

chloefisher Found myself a cute little date for today's outting😊
tagged cassidylane

unknown66 the fact that Chloe is hanging out with her sister in law makes my heart melt.
luciefisher okayyy, I see how it is.......
kalanileblanc cutieeeee!!
mapleleafs See you at the game!!!
alexanderfisher jeez.
joellane ❤️

"Are you cold?" I ask Cassidy, she shakes her head and I nod.

"Did Sam tell you about Lucie and I's march break beg?" I laugh.

"She did indeed. The four of us going to Disneyworld?"

"I mean the boys can come"she smiles.

"You and Lucie are going to have to do a lot of begging for that to happen" I smile.

"Do you think that if we made like a PowerPoint it would work?" I laugh and she chuckles.

"Maybe, you never know until you try"I shrug. We continue to talk about a lot of things as we headed back to Joel's apartment, it's most likely he's home and is taking a nap or is still at practice. When we walked in we noticed Joel's bag near the front door telling us that he was home, Cassidy went straight for the living room area as I went to go check up on him. Joel indeed was asleep. He had been given a higher dosage of medication when he went a few days back and lately it's been making him super tired, which had me worried for tonight's game. He was assuring to everyone that once he stepped out onto the ice his adrenaline would be pumping because Toronto's fans always had that effect on him.

Walking back into the living room I take a seat beside Cassidy "he asleep?" I nod.

The two of us chilled on the couch, the tv at a good level of volume "so wait when do you go back to the studio?"Cassidy asks.

"Hmmm at the end of this week"

"Do you guys have to train for another performance?"

"Their suppose to tell us when I go back what's the next performance. It's probably our Christmas one seeing as we didn't do one this year"Cassidy nods. "How's cheer?" I ask.

She had been back at cheer for almost a few weeks and I knew she was having a hard time getting back to the swing of things again.

"It's been Hmm okay, I mean I'm still shakey and rusty but that's because I've been out for like four months"

"I'm sure you'll get into the swing of it again"I nudge her. I hear footsteps approaching and we both turn our heads "Hey"I smile at my boyfriend, he gives us a lazy smile before pulling something out of the fridge, a protein shake. He comes to sit beside me.

"How was your nap?" Cassidy gives him a teasing smile. He rolls his eyes.

"Good, I'm ready for tonight"

"You sure? Because it looks like you've been doing meth"She says, i hold in a smile.

"So kind of you Cass" she shrugs

"What time do you have to be there?"

"Half an hour" I nod "What the hell are you guys watching?"

"You've never seen Catfish?" I ask "it's on MTV"

"Never heard of it" he shrugs. Cassidy goes on to explain the show and as she does Joel reaches for my hand and kisses the back of it. I lay my legs on his lap.

"Sounds intriguing"

"It's actually quite funny"Cassidy nods, Joel leans over and puts his half empty protein shake on the coffee table, I kiss his cheek.

"Alright keep the PDA to a minimum please and thank you"Joel and I chuckle as I lay my head on his shoulder and turn my attention back to the tv in front of us.

As Cassidy and I headed into Scotiabank arena, I was stopped a couple of times by some fans congratulating me on my stellar performance. I thank them and we head into the arena. Our seats were somewhat ice level seats, their weren't many wags here tonight which was okay because I just wanted to spend time with Cassidy. We watched the boys warm up and Joel skates over to us, we were across the benches this time. He gives me the surfers hand gesture with a wink and I return it.

"How did that even become a thing between you two may I ask?" Cassidy asks as she shares her popcorn with me. We soon realized that us two girls loved our popcorn and we both knew that we will have gone through many bags after tonight's game. Glad to know someone I adore and love shares the same passion of popcorn as me.

"I honestly don't even remember? He randomly did it when he was leaving my apartment one day and we just kinda kept it up"

"Why don't you just move in together?" I laugh "I mean like your always at his anyways. My brother is to much of wuss to ask"she shakes her head. I did practically live at Joel's.

"We don't wanna go to fast"

"You went to Cancun for Bye week with his team, I wouldn't consider moving in with him would be going fast"I nudge her leg and roll my eyes. The lights dim and music starts to blare, signalling that the game will be starting soon. We stood up for the national anthems, considering we were playing Chicago we had to listen to the American anthem as well, which to me for some odd reason was tremendously long and I have no idea how young kids in elementary school remember every single word. Sometimes I forgot how to write my name.

Cassidy and I made small talk as we watched the game, cheering and yelling with the crowd. By the second period rolled around we were on our third bag of popcorn "they are seriously going to run out of popcorn by the rate we are eating this at"I tell Cassidy as I come back to sit beside her. She moves her feet so I could move past her. I sit the bag of popcorn on her lap and we dig in just as the second period began.

I cross my right leg over my left just as the puck dropped, Toronto loosing the face off. We had been winning with our face off's at all tonight.

Alex😬🏈
I saw your ugly face on my tv, eww. Tell Cassidy hi say hi.

Lu Lu 👼🏼
*gasps and slaps Alex* don't be rude.

Chlo💃🏻
How rude.

Alex😬🏈
Like I've said, you two have been watching to much Full House.

Chlo💃🏻
Guess I won't tell Cassidy hello......

Alex😬🏈
Fu*k

Lu Lu👼🏼
I'm not a kid, ya'll can swear.....

Cassidy gasps beside me and I look up from my
phone,Joel was on a breakaway with one of Chicago's men's after him. Joel shoots the puck and it goes in, Toronto stands up cheering as you see the Chicago player sweep the puck away. The ref doesn't call the goal and the stands of Toronto immediately start to Boo. Among like others Cassidy and I stand up booing as the refs go back to the tapes. Joel pulls away from Liam after their celebration hug and the two look up at the jumbotron as they skate towards the benches. Cassidy laughs as the crowd makes the arm motion refs make for a safe goal. I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

The refs take their time watching the tapes and Toronto gets louder with their boos. On the jumbotron they continue to show the safe goal and than the leafs bench. Joel was talking to Mike when they showed him, Joel nods and mike hands him a small bottle of pills discreetly, but I noticed it. The camera pulled away from Joel and showed the ref skating to middle ice.

"Shot made by number 45 by Toronto maple leafs will not count"the ref announces and Toronto gets angry. I shake my head and the camera shows Joel again, shaking his head he was mumbling something much of the lines of can't fucking believe this shit I laugh at my boyfriend as he moves down the bench shaking his head again. We did another face off, and of course lost that as well. Nothing new for tonight. I reach my hand in for more popcorn as Joel skated onto the ice. In a matter of seconds he got a hold of the puck and he finds an opening, immediately sliding the puck between the goal tenders legs. Another goal. Toronto cheers and Joel does the motion of a safe goal before the ref could even call it. Cassidy and I laugh.

"What a salty asshole"Cassidy says as we sit back down and the jumbotron replays that moment.

"Truly"I agree. The game had ended and we fell shot to the Blackhawks by one point, 3-2. As I drove Cassidy back to Joel's apartment, I watched her type away on her phone. She shows me the picture she's going to post on Snapchat and I laugh at her.

Two days later, I woke up in Joel's bed to find him silently but not all that silently packing for his one week road trip "You really do suck at this quiet packing thing"I mumble, he turns around and smiles, I watch as he walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"I'm sorry"

"No worries, I understand my 180 pound boyfriend can't be quiet for the life of him"he chuckles.

"I wanted to pack early so I could spend the day with you"

"Awe, your sweet"

"I try to be"

"Let me shower than"

"And I'll start on breakfast once I'm done, I've got a few things left to pack"I nod and I slide out of his warm bed. After showering and getting ready for the day, I exited the bathroom to indeed see his duffle bags zipped up, I entered the kitchen which opened up to the living room. He was just finishing the eggs. I grab the orange juice and plates for us. It had become a usual routine for us now.

"So I was thinking"

"Oh no, those are hardly good"he says as he evenly separates the eggs onto two plates. I roll my eyes at him with a light kick to his shin "we could bake all day"

"What are you trying to do to me woman? You know I'm on the road"I laugh.

"I know, let's be real when was the last time you actually used all of the appliances in this apartment hm?" I ask him as he sits beside on the island.

"Fair point, but I've got you who's always here to do it for me"I roll my eyes "and if we show off your cooking skills the guys will want to be over more often"

"I like to cook and bake, helps with stress you know"

"Yea I guess" we eat in silence for a bit "hmm actually I've been thinking"I raise an eyebrow at him as I sip on my OJ. "This may seem kind of fast paced and we agreed not to go so fast but like since your here all the time anyways"

"Joel, breathe. I can feel you shaking from here"I instruct him, already knowing where this conversation is going.

Joel rolls his eyes "Anyways, if you want. How do you feel about moving in with me?" He asks. I look at him and he raises his eyebrows "I mean you already have an extra key and shit" he rambles.

"Cassidy talked to didn't she?" I ask, Joel slowly nods and I laugh. "I'd love to"I smile and he sighs, I lean over and kiss his cheek "your cute when your nervous"

"Yea well, you do make me nervous"

"In a good way I hope"

"Definitely in a good way"he nods and gently kisses me. After breakfast we spent the whole day as planned, cooking and baking. It was a very eventful but relaxing day off, and this day just showed me how much I'll miss him while he's on the road for his three games.

During the day, mom had texted me that chestnut was in need of his annual yearly check up and asked if he could stay here. Joel and I agreed, me making the joke that he could keep me company while he was away. It was soon decided that chestnut would stay here for a while since Joel's apartment was aloud pets. Chestnut loves Joel and vice versa.

"Damn he's going to get some good cuddles"Joel chuckles as I laid on his bed, I guess our bed now. Shit I'm going to have to get started on packing up my apartment. I immediately texted Kalani.

chlochlo💗💗
JOEL ASKED ME TO MOVE IN WITH HIM! IMMA NEED HELP WITH THE MOVE BBG?!?

KK💗💗
I GOT YOU!! IM SO EXCITED MY SHIP IS MOVING ALONG QUITE NICELY.

chlochlo💗💗
A pain sometimes you know.

KK💗💗
😘

"So Kalani said she could help me move in"Joel nods from the spot on the floor as he played with Chestnut.

"Sounds good, you girls can do it while I'm away"he winks at me and I roll my eyes. I go back to Instagram and think of a caption to my new post I was gonna make.

chloefisher I'm seriously going to miss this guy while he's on the road for the next week but I've got my baby to keep my company while he's gone🥰
tagged joellane chestnutfisher

kalanileblanc the fact that they look like parents to chestnuts makes me squeal so loud!!
stephlachancee OML I AGREEEE!!! kalanileblanc SOOO CUTE!!!
samanthalane you guys are my favourite parents.
lucygardnier my babies are growing up, I'm worried for the day they won't need me😭
c_marleau don't make me cry now too lucygardnier
benpatrick little to young to be parents don't ya think???
alexanderfisher ^^^^^
liamken *slaps Ben for opening his big mouth*
TMLWAGS forever our OTP!!!
joellane love you both, can't wait to come home to the two of you!💙
marner_93 DID HE JUST CONFIRM THAT SHES MOVING IN WITH HIM?!?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 1.3K 19
#2 in the carolina colts series dimitri & nadia's story ~ his eyes focus on my lips briefly as he whispers "why do we always end our time together li...
9.4K 117 17
(This is Book Four in The Celly Series) Taylor Seacrest always dreamt of playing in the NHL and she has finally been given the opportunity, but she m...
34.4K 260 11
You and Auston had been friends since you were in kindergarten. You were close. Maybe too close from the outside looking in. But that was just you an...
58K 590 42
When a girl moves back to her hometown, Canada, with her best friend and roommate, a special someone falls into her life and life becomes more for th...