The Mafia's Surrogate (ON HOL...

By Adwitiya_Bagchi

【Highest Rank】 #2 in Love out of 1.84M stories, on 12th April 2019 #1 in Surrogate on 2nd November 2018 #... More

And here it begins!!
Acknowledgement
Characters and Cast
Chapter 0 ✔️
Chapter 1 ✔️
Chapter 2 ✔️
Chapter 3 ✔️
Chapter 4 ✔️
Chapter 5 ✔️
Chapter 6 ✔️
Chapter 7 ✔️
Chapter 8 ✔️
Chapter 9 ✔️
Chapter 10 ✔️
Chapter 11 ✔️
Chapter 12 ✔️
Chapter 13 ✔️
Chapter 14 ✔️
Chapter 16 ✔️
Chapter 17 ✔️
Chapter 18 ✔️
Chapter 19 ✔️
Chaptet 20 ✔️
Chapter 21 ✔️
Chapter 22 ✔️
Chapter 23 ✔️
Chapter 24 ✔️
Chapter 25 ✔️
Chapter 26 (Part I) ✔️
Chapter 26 (Part II) ✔️
Chapter 27 ✔️
Chapter 28 ✔️
Chapter 29 ✔️
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (Part I)
Chapter 43 (Part II)
Warning! (44 - 49)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
My Lovelies!!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Important Announcement
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
I need your help!
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 15 ✔️

19.2K 651 32
By Adwitiya_Bagchi

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

SARAH

"Okey, done!" She chirped as I slowly peered open one of my eyes to look at my hand that was stretched on my right side. I slowly turned back my head to look at the place where she injected the needle few seconds ago, to find nothing but a tiny prick of blood.

"Wow! You did that so fast! I didn't even feel anything?" I asked her, totally surprised, as I looked at my hand and my mind wandered how exactly skillful are her hands.

"You can say that better than me, isn't it?" Her white teeth was full on display as she grinned widely.

I chuckled as I looked back at my hand. Hoe did she pull out my blood without even  the slightest pain.

Shaking my heads with a constant smile on my face, I looked back at her. She was storing the blood for future use.

I jumped down from my seat to go back. I know. Miss Lexi was out there and I needed to talk to her. How did everyone know her here?

"Oh, I haven't introduce myself, I'm Melissa," she said and I swiftly looked back at her. She worked here as a nurse and was a real sweetheart.

With her sweet smile and friendly nature I wondered, what was she doing here.

"Glad to meet you. I'm Sarah."

She smiled once again and returned back to her work, arranging the blood samples.

"I will see you later Melissa" I said. She just nodded with her constant smile on her face and I walked back into the room where Miss Lexi was waiting for me, with her fingers massaging her forehead and her elbow resting on the table. Her face was scrunched.

She looked tensed.

"Lexi?" I called and she looked back at me raising her head. The moment her orbs collided with mine, she stood up from her chair and ran into me, engulfing me into her embrace.

I hugged her back, savoring the moment. She had been my closest friend after papa and her motherly aura had always comforted me. Her body scent was just so tender, warm and protective that I couldn't help myself but snuggle into her arms.

After hugging each other for what felt like eternity she pulled back. Tenderly cupping my cheeks with both of her hands she kissed my nose and forehead.

Her glassy eyes meet my brown ones and my nose stinked. My tear ducts spilled.

Wiping my tears with the pad of her thumb, she shook her head negatively. Taking her hands into mine I pulled her on the chair and asked, "How are you Lexi? I missed you so much
Do you have any idea? And how is papa? Is he taking care of himself?" I asked holding her hands tightly.

"Sarah, my child, I'm fine dear. And about Robert..." she paused a little and I looked at her with anticipation. Nervous shivers ran through my body as I waited for her to tell about my papa.

"And papa?"

"I don't know." she sighed and looked down.

"Wh-what do you mean you don't know?" I stammered, my tone edgy and uneasy.

"Only Chase knows where he is. He has captured Robert." she replied me back and the little hope I had about papa shattered.

I felt lost and hopeless. Even Lexi didn't know about him. When Chase told me earlier that papa is under his radar, I thought he was only keeping an eye on papa. It was unknown to me that he had imprisoned him too.

I just hope wherever he is, he stay safe and healthy.

Closing my eyes, I rubbed my face and the frown came back to my face.

Am I ever going to see him ever?

"Sarah?" My eyes snapped opened when Lexi called and as soon as I looked back at her she was eyeing the scarf, draped around my neck suspiciously.

"Where did you get that?" She asked, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Umm, Mr. Morgan gave it to me. It was cold outside, so..?"

She nodded suspiciously, a hint of realisation clear on her face, as if she knew, the story behind this scarf.

Whom are you trying to fool!? Its 30°C outside.

And, my brain made her grand entry after a long time.

Hey there dumbo! I know you are stupid but aren't you supposed to ask her about how she came here?

Yeah, yeah i remember that. Now shut up and leave!

Ouch! I'm hurt. You are supposed to welcome me too with open arms, but you are pushing me away now. Go and die.

Whatever.

With that I shut off my brain and looked back at Lexi she was having this amusing smile on her face and the next words she asked made me chuckle.

"Having conversation with your inner vixen again?"

"Yeah, this minx made her appearance after a long time." I poked my tongue at particular nobody and smiled.

She smiled and finally I asked her the question that was eating my brain since the minute I saw her here.

"How did you come here Lexi?"

As soon as she heard my words, the smile abandoned her lips and her face became serious. She gulped hard and looked down.

Did I just saw guilt in those eyes?

"Lexi? What is it?" I asked clutching hands into mine, trying to give her some support.

"You need to know somethings Sarah. But promise me you won't judge. Whatever I did, it was because I wanted to live a happy and stressful life. I yearned for a normal life." She stressed out, breathing heavily and I grabbed her shoulder.

"Lexi, it's okey. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, I want to. I have to." She said taking a deep breath, trying to relax.

"Are you okay to talk now?"

"Hmm," Lexi just hummed and looked straight at me for a minute and then whispered out, "Chase is my nephew."

My breath struck in my throat and my heart stopped for a second. My stomach twisted in a weird way and I was rooted on my spot.

Lexi bit her lips when she saw I didn't react anything to her statement.

"Say something, my dear." She pleaded.

"How can he be your....?" I was unable to finish my question due to the shock I got.

And then slowly, she told me everything, every fudging thing. Starting from how was she related to Chase and this mafia world, why she left so many years ago and why she lied when she settled as our neighbor.

I felt baffled but at the same time rage coarsed through my veins. It was too much for me to take. I don't know what to say to her and I was too much angry on her for hiding things from us for this long.

I snatched away my hand from her and stood up from the chair, stepping away from her.

"So from all this time, you lied to us that your husband cheated on you and left. You tricked us to believe that you are a helpless, lonely women when in reality you have the support of the most powerful mob boss of Europe? " I snapped at her venomously.

"I had to Sarah," she said.

"And for all this time, when I saw you and papa giving secret glances towards each, I thought you like each other. How stupid of me, huh!?" I said, chucking humorlessly at my idiot self.

"I love your papa, Sarah," She claimed.

I looked back at her, shocked to hear her confession. I didn't expect her to love him.

Or does she? She can be playing her game now too, who knows?

"Seriously Lexi? Are you even listening to yourself. Is Lexi even your real name?" I scrunched my face in annoyance.

"It's my nickname. My real name is Alexis."

"No wonder Mr. Almighty was calling you by your full name." I scoffed.

She remained mute. I glanced at her and said my next words almost emotionlessly "Were you seriously unaware of our situation Alexis, or you are just acting now, like you have acted for the last 9 years?" I asked.

"Sarah!" She shouted in disbelief.

"I can't trust you anymore Alexis! Who knows you are a part of his plan of my surrogacy too. Who knows, you knew everything from the very beginning or you set me up in this." My last statement came out too harsh as I spat at her.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she stood her ground immobile, mutely.

Without saying anything else or listening to her, I strode out of the room angrily.

I was alone in this and the only way to know about papa waas Chase now. I had to talk to him.

▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

I was going towards the left wing of the mansion, towards Chase's office room, hoping to find him there. He promised, he wont harm papa when we came to this deal and now I came to know that he had imprisoned papa.

I will break his rose, if he even think of harming my papa.

As I took a sharp left turn, Draven came in to my view. He was walking down the hallway, his shoulders stiff as rock and his steps, confident and long.

"Draven?" I called out.

He stopped in his way as soon as I called him, but didn't turn back. If possible I saw his back muscles getting more stiff and there was a sharp intake of breath.

I ran towards him and stopped infront of him to ask about Chase but my tongue got twisted when I saw then look he was giving me.

It was cold as ice and sharp as a dagger. If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now. His eyes are menacingly hard and his jaw was clenched. His eyes screamed hatred directed at me.

What did I do? Men here, are honesty weird and dangerous.

His hard cold eyes remained stoic at me as I struggled to voice out my thoughts, "Umm, do you know where Ch...I mean Mr. Morgan is?"

He narrowed his eyes, and looked down at me. I was looking like a kitten infront of a wolf. With his huge bulgy frame towering over me and his cold and dangerous look, it wasn't easy for me to keep looking up at him.

I averted my eyes from him and looked down only to gasp out and step back when I my eyes meet the holster. His shiny gun on display and, I dont like guns.

My expression didn't get unnoticed by him and when he saw where my eyes were fixed he smirked, and took out one of them from the holster.

As soon as I saw that thing in his hand, I took several steps back and he started playing with his gun, rubbing the barrel on his forehead.

"Uhh....its okey. I will find him out by myself. Thanks for the show." I chuckled nervously, rubbing my sweaty palms on my shirt and turned back to leave.

As soon as I took my first step, I felt a cold sensation on the back of my head and my eyes widened in horror. I gasped out in fear and I felt my heartbeat increasing, beating my chest furiously.

He won't kill me, right?

My body shook in fear, and cold sweat ran down my spine, when I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck. Goosebumps appears on my skin and I closed my eyes in fear, grimacing, "Talk to me again and I won't hesitate to blow your brains out." He whispered out in my ears harshly and turned his back on me walking away without answering my question.

Well atleast you are alive to ask someone else this question.

Sighing out in relief, I kept my hands on my chest to steady my rapid heartbeat, when I heard Draven's voice again.

"Boss is out for business by the way." He was standing near the door of a room, his body almost inside the room and his face turned away from me.

"What business?" I stepped towards him and asked eagerly.

He still kept his eyes straight, not looking at me and said,"Today there are recruitments of new girls in one of our prostitution rings. He has gone to check it." Sying that he went inside the room, and shut the door behind him.

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Hello dearies 😊
Hope you all are fine and healthy.

So, as I promised yesterday, here is the update. Its more of a filler chapter. 😁

Draven is being such an ass to Sarah, and our dear Sarah *sigh* she totally misunderstood Lexi.

Hope you all liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment loves 😍

See you all soon 😇

Take care. I love you all 😘❤

Thank You 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

874K 27.8K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
520K 4.9K 71
After four years what will happen when they finally confess their Love? Alaska Amana- She has the body of a goddess and will kill anyone who looks a...
527K 13.6K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...
136K 2.5K 77
CAROLINE MATISSE - - - »I'm trained to kill, not to love« I have killed many men in my life. ...