Black Sheep

By goldenscares666

Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop... More

Pins and Needles
Panic Attack
Prom Dresses
I Hate Bubblegum
Familiar Faces
Bad Dreams
Devilish Deal
Prom Night
Bed Rest
One Hell of a Castle
Stubborn Silence
The Worst Luck
Hellish Creature
Mephistopheles
Unfinished Business
Caring Companion
New Beginnings
Peter
Silent Familiar
Ramsey
Power Restraints
Cain
The Fallen Angel
Dinner Plans
Marquas and Eric
Accidents Happen
Servant for a Day
Seduction of the Inferno
Nick/Nicholas
Sibling Rivalry
Lambs of the King
A Loving Demon
Underworld Beasts
Coffee Date
Common Misconception
Threads of the Heart
Wonderful Affection
The Fortune Teller
Medicine Man
Dakota/Koda
Luther
The King's Quiet Tongue
Unexpected Visitor
Passer of Judgement
Mephistopheles II
Unstable Recovery
Attention, Attention
Reverse of Curses
Snake Coils are Surprisingly Warm
Head Stuffed With Wool
Cain II
Fateful Decisions
When the White Fleece Greys
Lord Lucifer
A Story's Other Half
Human's Choice
You Have Such Dazzling Eyes, Darling
Slow Moving Feet Quicken
Long Forgotten Roots of a Dying Tree
The Things We're Afraid to Hear
Gluttonous Song
Beelzebub
Don't Poke the Scorpion

Painful Thoughts

1.9K 99 44
By goldenscares666

_________________________________
Author's Note:
_________________________________

HOLY SHIT!!! I'm finally done editing this one! My god, that took forever, but we're back in business now! Are you excited for the new chapters? I know I am, especially knowing that we aren't even halfway yet. Oh my gosh, this story is going to be so long, but you'll love what's in store, I'm sure of it! A couple things to bring up before we get to the main event, though, so hold your horses and have a quick read through, yeah?

Number one, editing, though almost done for a majority of my books is still going on, and on top of that, I'm working at new job that kinda gives me little room to focus and write, so chapters are going to come in a little slow for a bit, but hey, the good news is that it's being updated at all! I just ask that you be patient, and please, don't ask for updates. I see you begging on your knees, but I will not succumb to your desires on your terms. I'll post when I have it ready, which has been my rule for the entire time I've been on Wattpad. I promise, they're coming. I just need to find the time.

Number two, if you'd like to reread and refresh your memory, be my guest; in fact, I encourage it so that you can see all the adjustments and extra details I've made to all the past chapters.

All right, I'm done. Now, sit back and relax, things are going to get a lot more...

~Interesting~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
Author's POV:
__________________________________

A heavy sigh parts from the lips of Lucifer as he watches the King of Demons with a mix of irritation and worry. It was another day of work— Mephistopheles was on the throne, but no subjects walked through the door, nor was business discussed; rather, they both sat in silence, the demon staring at the plush object held within his claw as he had been the entire day. It was the toy Y/N, his dear sheep, had made depicting his image. Each stitch was sewn with love and admiration, but where was that now? Replaced by fear and hatred. He hadn't a clue what to do but sit there and wait, wait for his love to return to him. It was agony, it was death feeling so uncertain. Unable to hold her, he holds this piece of her and has been ever since her panic attack yesterday. The doll was the only thing giving him hope and comfort. Over and over again, Phil's mind would repeat variations of the phrase,

'This is all my fault. I'm the reason she is this way. She sees me for what I am now, a monster. I have kept things hidden from her that she deserved to know, and now, look where we are. I deserve this. I deserve every bit of this.' The demon's breath hitched as both his teeth and fist clenched tight, the aching in his chest worsening.

His stomach was sick and twisted up because of these thoughts, because of his guilt. He never even knew a demon could feel like this. It was like his heart and brain were tearing apart molecule by molecule. By now, his grip on the doll was so hard, his hand shook and the stuffing shifted inside, near ready to burst, but he tried to hold back as not to break the only thing he had of her. It was a difficult thing to do when dying the most painful death.

It hurt so bad in his chest that he bit into his lip in distraction, fangs piercing the flesh. Blood pools from the tips of the canines, but it felt so much better in comparison to his internal pains. Last night, Mephistopheles had come to the throne room to fill Lucifer in on his troubles. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence to confide in the ex-angel whenever Phil got upset by something. Sometimes things would just slip out on their own because he knows Lucifer is a trustworthy friend.

Since then, he hasn't left the room or even slept. He couldn't— Not after seeing that look on Y/N's face. How could he sleep, knowing she is terrified of him and being tormented by nightmares from that dreadful spell put onto her eyes? Convinced the one who casted it was the demon he killed that day Y/N saw him, only more guilt ate him. The spell-caster can always get it undone, but instead, he panicked when he saw that creature standing over his sheep's trembling form and killed him. Now, matters have been made more complicated.

"Mephistopheles, you've been sitting there all night. You should rest," the fallen angel suggests while resting his head on the palm of his hand. Slight annoyance was clear in his tone, for he was growing tired of the king's behavior. Yes, he understands the man's heartbroken, but he couldn't help but feel agitated by the dampened mood. It was suffocating!

He had never seen him like this, so pained, so distraught. Y/N certainly means a lot to him. He still couldn't believe that, of all people, he was the one to pick a human for a sheep. He had expressed his hatred of their kind many a time, though that was expected after having heard all the terrible tales of things they have done throughout the ages. What specifically about that girl caught his interest?

Lucifer's evaluation of her wasn't terrible, but personally, he thought her a bit meek. Well, the reason why he had fallen for her didn't matter now. The fact is, she had left him in this wretched state, and that upset the man deeply. Next chance he got, he'd cuss her out for it. Honestly, what did she expect when told she would be partnering with a demon? Rainbows and sunshine?

"Why was she out there?" Mephistopheles mutters, completely ignoring what Lucifer had said. "She knew it was dangerous. I told her not to go anywhere without me." His fangs dig deeper into the wound on his lip when a painful prick hit the corners of all four of his eyes.

"What did you expect? Curiosity is a dangerous thing, and she is human, after all. When it boils down to it, they are all the s—"

"Not her!" Phil snaps suddenly, growling lowly, angered by the fact he would insult his sheep as such. He doesn't know her. He doesn't know how hesitant she would've been to leave her room. This whole thing reeked of foul play, but he was too distraught to place the pieces. Standing abruptly from the throne, he turns to glare at the creature in the cage. "She's not the same as those insects. She isn't so stupid!" Lucifer falls silent and breathes deeply to calm himself. Even he knew that riling up the demon wouldn't end well.

"All right, all right. Calm down and sit your ass in that chair before you do something you'll regret." Phil takes a moment before sitting down and muttering an apology under his breath. He sighs and runs a hand through his thick hair, causing Lucifer's eyes to soften. "She really means a lot to you, huh?"

"Yes," Phil answers in a pained voice as he squeezes his plush replica close to his chest. Another painful prick touches the corners of his eyes as a silent sob catches in his throat.

"More than Hell itself."

__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

I awaken to a firm, patterned knock, causing my eyes to open slowly. My vision is blurred, so I rub my eyes to clear it. The room falls silent for a moment before the knocking repeats, making my head pound. Groaning softly, I throw off the white comforter and swing my legs over the side of the bed before trying to stand only for a wave of dizziness to knock me back down. The pounding starts again, making my headache even worse.

"Come in," I say, fed up with whoever is making the damn sound. I look at the door and see that the lock had not been turned. "It's open." The knob twists and the door is pushed open. A familiar figure dressed in a black suit enters my bedroom, pushing a cart along with him. On the cart is a covered dish and a bouquet of a variety of flowers in colors of pinks and blues— Some hyacinths and carnations, accented by a few stems of lily of the valley.

"Hey, Ramsay," I greet softly. He nods in acknowledgment to my greeting as he parks the cart beside my bed. On the second shelf of it, the servant grabs a folded bed tray before preparing it over my lap. I don't stop him from doing so. After the tray is set up, Ramsay lifts the lid covering the dish to reveal a plate of smoked salmon Eggs Benedict topped with dill.

Along with this, the ram demon gives me a cup of fresh-squeezed orange juice and water. Once my meal is displayed in front of me, Ramsey pulls two envelopes from the pocket inside his suit before setting them beside the plate. Afterwards, he grabs the vase of colorful flowers and places them on my nightstand. I can't help but wonder who they're from. I open the top letter and pull out the paper inside before reading.

'Bonjour, Y/N.
        Eric and I heard about what happened to you yesterday. We hope you will feel well again soon. In the meantime, try to take it easy. I'm sure you'll be yourself again in no time.

— Marquas'

A small smile touches my lips upon reading the note before I set it aside to have a bite of my breakfast. I then move on to the second envelope and pull out the message inside.

        'Y/N, I wish I could tell this to you in person, but since I can't stay in your presence for long, this letter will have to do. I want to tell you how sorry I am for all of this. You shouldn't have had to witness what you did, and I understand how it must make me look. I swear, I wasn't trying to hurt you by keeping this a secret. I just knew you wouldn't take kindly to it, and...

        Honestly, this would be better to explain in person. I can't even find the right words to express this. I also understand you might have questions for me or might want to yell at me. If you ever feel ready to talk, I will explain everything and answer every last question you have. I promise, I won't even get angry if you decide to slap me. I just want to see you again and tell you it all the right way, like I should have from the beginning. I'll be waiting patiently. Come when you feel you're well enough.

With love,

Mephistopheles'

I stare down at the note, soaking in each word, though my brain was buzzing, hair shading my E/C eyes, which shed a tear onto the page. Overcome with a sporadic fit of anger, I crumpled the note and threw it as hard as I could. Groaning and whimpering, I clutch at my head, the voices screaming so loud— All of them his, tormenting me and frightening me. My breaths came out heavy and uneven as I began to cry.

'How could I talk to him, that monster, after the things I saw him do? I couldn't possibly.' I gulp thickly, on the verge of throwing up as the room began feeling stuffy and hot— Hotter than usual, anyway. An image of Phil sucking the blood from that man's head invaded all corners of my brain and that smirk he wore... I could see his eyes shifting to me with intent to treat me the same.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when a hand was set on my back and looked up at Ramsey with a sharp gasp as he gave me a worried look. The windows were open now, allowing the fresh air in, which helped to settle the stuffiness in my head, which felt like it was filled with cotton. I look back down at my meal with a sigh of relief, glad it was all just in my head. As much as I hate to waste something Marquas made, I couldn't stomach it right now. Ramsay must've taken notice of this and takes the tray away, placing it back on the cart, before going to pick up the crumpled letter I threw.

He throws it in the trash before returning to the trolley. He kneels to reach the second shelf, grabbing a small bag to open it, and pulls out a container full of pale-pink pills smaller than a pea, my new anxiety meds. He twists open the lid and pours one out onto his palm before bringing it to me with the glass of water in hand. I accept the items from him and wash down the pill. There was no flavor to the medicine, thankfully.

That other stuff Luther gave me was absolutely disgusting. I hold the half empty cup on my lap with both hands, while Ramsay brings a claw to my forehead. The demon then takes my glass and sets it on the cart before leaving the room. He returns only a few moments later with a damp rag in hand and lightly pushes my shoulder as a way of telling me to lie down. I do as he wants and rest my head against the plush pillows before he sets the cold rag on my forehead to cool down my fever. Afterwards, he covers my body in the comforter before bowing to me. It seems his job is done for now.

"Thanks. You can go if you want." He lightly nods his head before grabbing the cart and leaving, closing the door behind him. I sigh softly and stare up at the ceiling, eyes tearing up a bit. What is happening to me? I don't understand it. Nothing feels right in my body or my head. My thoughts don't appear to be my own, and even my eyes are betraying me. Phil wants to talk to me, naturally, but I can't possibly face him. I can't even think of him without feeling sick.

'What am I going to do?'

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, everyone!

        I just wanted you to tell you all some important news, so please, continue reading this note for me while I explain. I started a Quotev account some time ago, since Wattpad was deleting some of my books, so if you've been looking for them, that's where they are posted. Keep in mind that the account is still new, so I haven't been able to post everything yet, but I plan to put all the books I have here as well. Now, I don't expect Wattpad to delete any more of my books, but if they do, or if they do something else to upset me, I more than likely will be deleting this account entirely and moving to Quotev completely, which is why it's so important that you follow me there.

This is a worst-case scenario. As I said, I don't expect them to screw me over again, but I've given them too many chances already. I'm trying to reach as many of you as possible so that you're all informed in case I decide to, you know, drop off the face of the earth. Anyways, the account is under the same username: Goldenscares666

And, if you need the link, here's that too:

https://www.quotev.com/Goldenscares666

Again, this is just a precaution. Still, I'd really appreciate it if you followed me there.

Thank you for reading,

~Golden~

P.S.
        I made, like, a ton of pictures in the time I was editing this book, so be prepared to see a few of those for the next few chapters. I hope you like them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 193 19
A normal girl meets someone who she gets to know but does she really know him, especially when he is actually the devil....
289 3 9
(Story has mentions of violence, depictions of violence, fighting, assualt, and other big topics so please don't read if you get triggered easily) Y...
859 14 8
" One day, he went walking through the woods and stumbled across an old and decrepit house. A tempting shadow beckoned him from the window. Once insi...
20.4K 482 23
Hello. Im Y/N L/N and I have miss matched eyes. My right eye is E/C and my left is gray and blackish. Which means im blind from my left. I never unde...