Unraveling

By maxine247

America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a stro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: 10k
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 30

3.7K 121 54
By maxine247

"Are you worried about him?" Barbados asked, stirring her drink. She, herself, was worried but Maria looked even worse.

So, stressed, so tired, so worried.

"Maria?" She asked, her concern for the girl only growing.

Maria's eyes snapped up and she looked at the girl next to her. She had been in deep thought, "Hmm?" She asked.

"I asked, are you worried about him?"

Maria once again did not answer.

She started to shake, "I didn't tell him I loved him." She whispered.

Barbados immediately reached over the table and grabbed her hand. She looked around. Where in the world was this girl's family when you needed them?

So after America was taken back by his government, Canada and Brazil had basically called their colonial siblings and Portugal to tell them to tell the other nations that they could go back home.

After a week and a half, the South American nations left Mexico to head back to their continent, Venezuela was the only one who stayed just to keep an eye on the rest of North America, since something obviously changed in her cousins. Canada also stayed in Mexico for his baby siblings.

The three of them were hit the most by this.

That was almost two months ago.

Now. The world was back for another world meeting. Today was day two.

"Maria-"

"Maybe we could have done something different," She shakily said. Maybe it was their fault America was taken away. Maybe they should have gave him a bit more space or maybe they gave him too little freedom.

This was somehow their fault... it had to be.

Barbados shook her head, "Maria, sweetie. Stop," She gently rubbed her hand, "You guys did everything possible, you went all throughout North America. You didn't kidnap him at all, you were saving him. You risked everything all for him. Alfie..... He just couldn't see."

She had been told the story of what happened by Canada. Not everyone in world knew though. It was just mainly America's colonial siblings, Portugal knew, a few of Brazil's siblings, some of South America and Mexico's siblings. That was all.

And she had to say. She felt bad and so hurt for the two continents. Her brother just couldn't see how much they had cared for him.

She was kinda hurt that he would doubt something like that. Even after all his family did for him.

One look at Maria, and you would just feel so sad for the girl. She wasn't her sister but, you know, being a sister of America and Canada and having good relations with them meant that she had been around her brothers' family many times and didn't mind them. She had grown fond of them.

So yeah, it was painful seeing Maria like this. She hasn't even seen Diego today. That wasn't good.

According to Mattie, Diego had scared America a few months back while he was still unwell and the boy still carried the guilt. He was thinking that maybe, if he didn't yell at America. Maybe... their brother wouldn't have left.

She knew that wasn't true....

"I didn't tell him I loved him," Maria whispered again, "I do..... I just couldn't say it to him at the time... I was so angry with him for calling them.... But..... maybe he feels safer with them.. Maybe we were wrong and they're treating him right... better than us. Maybe we...."

We messed up.

Yesturday, was the first day of the meeting. The first day North and South America had come back to a meeting after months. And it had been so quiet.

And not even all of them had come, they were all here in the building, but not all had went to the opening meeting or stayed the full time.

Brazil hadn't gone, prompting Portugal to go leave and try to find his son to provide some comfort, Peru was absent, Suriname wasn't there, Colombia decided not to go, Argentina had left in the middle of the meeting.

And no one stopped him.

Chile had walked in 30 minutes late, looking so tired, and sat down for an hour before just getting up and leaving.

Spain had been ready to follow but Ecuador, who had been silent just shook his head at the man, and surprisingly, he listened.

According to Philippines and El Salvador, they had been with Bolivia when he walked in the meeting room. And apparently, he then turned and walked straight out.

The only ones who had gone for the full meeting time was Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela, Uruguay, Canada and Mexico.

And they had all been silent.

Based on the way they were acting and the lack of family members who attended the meeting, you would think someone had died.

Barbados sighed, she hadn't even seen Brazil or Argentina or even Canada today.

Seeing them all like this was so hard. Ecuador looked like he didn't even want to be here. But he was the oldest of the family, so he probably just went to the meetings to try and be strong for his family.

She had seen Maria walking to a Latin American Meeting, which most likely just had Central America, and had motioned the girl to come with her to the cafeteria.

She looked like she needed a break.

And that's why they were here.

Maria sniffling, brought her back to reality, "We screwed up."

"No you didn't. Stop saying that."

"Somewhere along the line, we screwed up..... Maybe it was best that he went with the government-"

This girl was staring into space.

"Maria-"

"Maria," Another voice said.

A fucking French voice said.

Both girls looked up to see France and fucking England next to the table. Both looked tired.

Maria growled and the two men took a step back.

"We just wanted to- well, we couldn't find Mathieu or Diego and Ecuador just walked away from us. We just wanted to say we're so sorry for our actions towards you-"

The sound of the safety lock being taken off a gun was the only thing heard.

Barbados did care for her parents but honestly, this shit they had done with America was unexpectable. So that was probably the reason why she was letting Maria point a gun at them.

That, and the fact that Maria looked so deadly right now that only a damn fool would get in her way at the moment.

She just stared in shock at the scene.

"You....." Maria growled, "My brother never did shit to you. He never did anything against you to deserve any of this and now..... I don't know how he's doing because of you!!!!"

"Maria," England put his hands up in surrender to try and calm her down-

"Get the hell away from me!!! Stay away from my family!! And I swear on your lives, if my brother ever come back, you better stay the HELL away from him or I will kill you both!!!"

With no regrets.

She didn't put the gun down. And it looked like she wasn't planning to anytime soon.

She looked pretty emotional but her hand didn't shake as she pointed the gun. "He did nothing wrong but be himself. He fought for himself, he spoke up for what he thought was right. He marched to the beat of a different drum..... A different one than you.. That's all he did." She whispered.

France nodded, his eyes were filled with so much guilt. England opened his mouth to speak-

"No!!" Maria screamed as she pulled the trigger and everyone jumped, "You're going to listen to me!! And you're going to stay quiet!!!"

The bullet flew in the space in between both men, only a few inches away.

Her eyes were just filled with so much hatred. As Maria panted, Barbados noticed her parents trying to motion to her to grab the gun.

And she shook her head.

"I don't care if he couldn't be the perfect son. We all know, you two weren't the perfect parents."

And they looked at her shocked at what she just said.

"These past few months have really brought out your character. You bully and bully and when the person, when my brother, was down. It's then, you care. What's up with the change of heart all of a sudden?"

Barbados then noticed something out the corner of her eye.

For the first time, Brazil had made an appearance. He was watching Maria. And the way he was looking at her, he was... he was actually about to let her shoot the two.

Should she do something?

The other nations around sure weren't.

"You have to pay," Maria said darkly, "You will pay." She put her finger on the trigger, the two men watched nervously.

And she fired two shots.

But something then got in the way and reflected the two bullets away.

"They'll pay a different way," A voice said.

Canada.

He was wearing a hoodie and looked so tired, most likely wasn't going to a meeting today looking like that.

He walked to Maria and simply took her gun, he then walked a bit further away and grabbed his hockey stick.

"They'll pay by losing two sons and maybe if they had hearts, that would affect them." He shot the two looks.

His eyes softened with he looked at his baby sister, "Come on Mar. You need some more sleep, I can tell." He looked at his other sister and gave her a tired smile.

"You get some sleep too," She said.

He simply smiled and nodded.

Maria let her brother grab her hand and lead her out the cafeteria. Brazil glared at the two former empires and followed his cousins out.

Barbados looked at the two and shook her head.

England looked at his daughter in disapproval, "You were about to let her shoot us."

She glared back and spoke, "You're lucky Matthew got here or who knows...?" She turned her back to walk out.

"I most likely wouldn't have stopped her."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 8.1K 83
Many things fall. Such as heros. All heros eventually fall. Some because of a villian. But America? No, this hero was falling to something else. Som...
5.2K 153 13
America has a secret. A secret that's finally thrown in the open after nine years. He has a daughter. And once she's known by the world, it doesn't t...
4.6K 154 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...
2.6K 224 75
After the second American Civil War, the world changes drastically. A new nation stood where the United States once was, the Last Empire having falle...