Ouch | jjk

By lolacucaaa

"Uh...We should...probably talk about this with Bang PD-nim." ; soulmate AU ; Jungkook x reader - complete More

[1/5]
[2/5]
[3/5]
[4/5]

[5/5]

10.4K 366 95
By lolacucaaa

FINE

It had been quite the stressful stay in America, outfit changes and performances at every turn, everyone barely had a moments rest. You had a fun time hanging out and talking with the boys on your first night, but other than that occasion, only you and Hoseok had time to speak. And even then, it was only for work and the simple small talk.

You sighed as you plopped down onto your bed, your luggage already packed and ready to go, save for your toothbrush, a hairbrush, and a change of clothes for tomorrow. You let your thoughts take over, your phone playing music softly beside you.

Jungkook and I haven't spoken much since we found out we were soulmates, you thought, eyebrows furrowing. Does he not like me? Maybe he's the type that needs the other to confront them first. But I'm that person. You bit your lip, gnawing on the peeling skin for a moment before you stopped. The familiar stinging sensation caused you to wince, getting up from your place on the bed to grab some lip balm.

As you dabbed your finger in the small container of the vasoline-like substance, your thoughts went back to Jungkook. You knew a little bit about him, that your colleagues had so forcefully generously given you, but other than the general knowledge you gathered from online, you basically only knew as much as the average fan.

What if we don't work out? What will I do then? What if our personalities clash too much?

A knock sounded from your door, causing you to drop the phone that you had hovering over your face square on your nose. You yelped and rubbed your now bruised nose as you made your way to the door, checking the peephole to see who it was.

You opened the door with a smile, "Jungkook, what a surprise. I didn't expect you."

He looked around nervously, "Oh, sorry, are you busy? I wouldn't want to intrude..."

You shook your head, opening the door wider, "Nope, I just finished packing. What did you need? You want to come in?"

You noticed the tips of his ears had turned pink, "Uh, I was thinking...and we've known we were soulmates for a little while now, but we've never been on a," he gulped nervously, "A date."

You felt your cheeks flare, "You're asking me on a date?"

He nodded, "If you're not too busy, that is."

You shook your head, "Of course not! Where do you want to go?"

-

"I can't believe you beat my high score on Mrs. Pac-Man! I rock at that game!"

Jungkook laughed, crossing his arms as he sent you a confident smile, "Maybe I'm just that good. Bow down to the arcade champion!"

You chuckled, bowing sarcastically at him, "Okay then, O' great one, how about a little one-on-one? Any game you want!"

Jungkook put a hand on his chin, making overdramatic faces as he thought it over, "Rampage, whoever dies first loses."

He held his hand out, your own shaking it as you chuckled, "You've got yourself a deal. Get ready to eat your words, Jeon."

You both practically raced to the machine, each sliding in the required number of coins as they prepared themselves for the levels ahead.

"I played this when I was in middle school," he started, "Highest I got was level 197."

You laughed, "Try 229."

He huffed, the two of you turning your attention to the large screen a couple feet away. The small digital pictures of the cityscape lit up your faces, the title of the game flashing across the screen before the game commenced.

You were a bit rusty, having not played this since your first year of high school, but quickly found your rhythm with your players moves. Jungkook had chosen Lizzie, the Godzilla-like character who was transformed by a radioactive lake, while you had gone with your trusty King Kong based character, George, who was transformed into a large gorilla due to effects from an experimental vitamin.

Level by level, the difficulty increased, the close calls both you and Jungkook had coming and going as time passed. It seemed as if you were both neck and neck. Every once and a while, a few kids would walk by and watch as you and Jungkook shouted insults and sarcastic comebacks in Korean, a language unknown to the American children.

It was coming on level 248 now, time passing so quickly that neither of you realized that it was thirty minutes to closing. One of the employees came by to warn you, and you both knew that you would be forced to quit the game unless one of you lost within half and hour.

The game flashed the name of the American city and state the monsters were in, and you and Jungkook found it difficult to spot and grab any people to help you both earn points. You had probably found five bombs in the past three minutes, all of them beginning to do major damage to your character. Jungkook had been having similar problems, while he had found a few people his character could pick up, they ended up being photographers, and he didn't eat them fast enough before they flashed Lizzie in the eye with their cameras. Both of you were nearing the red in your life bars, now beginning to act more carefully than before. You were now on level 253.

Your jaw was clenched in concentration and frustration as you had accidentally picked up a toaster without bread, causing your character to lose a bit more life. Neither you not Jungkook had spoken for the past fifty levels, the only words coming from either of you being exclamations of relief when another level passed.

Five minutes until closing, and you were slamming the controls on the game as hard as you could, as if doing so would make your character move faster or receive less damage. You could hear Jungkook's breath hitch as his lizard character found a bomb, the device exploding and damaging Lizzie so much that the monster reverted into it's human form, making him vulnerable to monster attacks.

You wanted to laugh, but your character had done the same two minutes ago, and you couldn't find any strength enhancers anywhere.

"No!" you both yelled, watching in agony as two monsters picked up your now human characters, and ate them, successfully killing the two, and ending your game.

You sunk to your knees, dramatically waving your fist at the machine, "Why, giant beast?! Why?!"

Jungkook stared at the screen in shock, as if he couldn't process what had just happened. The employee from earlier walked over, his hands in his pockets as he looked at you both uninterestingly.

"Hey guys, we're about to close, you need to start heading out."

You sighed, picking yourself up off the ground, "Yeah, sorry for the hold up. Have a nice day."

You and Jungkook walked out in silence, but stopped once you reached the outside, turning to face one another, eyes sparkling.

"That."

"Was."

"AWESOME!"

You both gushed about the intense game you had played, "I've never gotten to such a high level before! That was so intense!"

Jungkook nodded, "I know right?! Once my character turned human, it was like twenty monsters appears out of nowhere!"

You both started the walk home, your hands occasionally brushing together as the sun set behind the mountains on the horizon. Your previous worries about the two of you disappeared in the blink of an eye, your nervousness dissolving as you conversed about your date.

You two will be just fine.

.

.

.

.

.

Rampage is a real game but I've never played it I only used information from my dad, who had played it, and the internet. Arcade games I do recommend are Mrs. Pac-Man and Space Invaders 😤👌🏻

-

A/N: First and foremost I want to sincerely thank everyone who read all the way to the end, those who read a couple chapters, even those who only read the first chapter. The fact that you even considered reading my story means the world to me ❤️

Secondly, I want to apologize for two things: the long waits between updates, and the decrease in chapters. I explained both in previous chapters, but again, it's just a mixture of school, responsibilities, and the fact that I started this story without much of a plan and when I was still in my early writing stages. So I really feel that my writing has improved.

Thirdly, I hope you enjoyed the final chapter 😊 I hope you were able to smile today, and that you laughed. I hope you drank enough water and ate enough food, and I hope that you continue/work hard to take care of yourself. I love you all and want to see you happy and healthy ❤️

Again, thank you all for reading 💕 this is lolacucaaa, signing out for the last time ✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 903 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
168K 4.8K 65
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
184K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...