Silver

By Authortjtristan

anything but mortal. COMPLETED. ****Book 2 in the Grey Saga**** -mature content- After outwitting Lucifer, Jo... More

Before You Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 3

2.6K 141 6
By Authortjtristan

Allison rolled her eyes and resumed scrolling through her phone. "Couldn't you have stayed away longer?" She mumbled. Grey's eyes didn't waver from mine as he ran a hand through his dripping hair, sauntering through the living room and to the kitchen where we were. 

"I could've," he smirked slightly, walking around the countertop to stand next to me. I turned to look up at him and he wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"Why didn't you?" I asked softly, my eyes flicking back and forth between his. They were as beautiful as I remembered them, albeit glacially cold and unrevealing. The corner of his lips twitched upwards in a mischievous grin. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He hummed lowly, running his tongue across his bottom lip. 

"Are y'all done eye fucking each other yet? Because I'm still here," Allison interjected annoyedly. 

"Then leave," Grey rolled his eyes to glare at her. 

"You're going to let him talk to me like that?" I felt Allison's gaze drift to me expectantly. 

"Don't talk to her like that," I hummed softly, gripping the belt loops of Grey's jeans. He raised an eyebrow slightly in amusement, a lock of his hair falling across his forehead. 

"Oh my God. You're hopeless. I hate both of you," Allison grumbled, sliding off her barstool and marching upstairs, making sure to stomp every so often so we knew she was pissed off. But I didn't really care. I loved Allison. But I knew that this was only bugging her because she missed Jack. If she were with Jack, I knew she'd be more understanding. After all, I hadn't seen Grey since he'd left right after I'd woke up. Once he'd made sure I was going to be okay under Allison's care, he'd explained that he had to go and would be back as soon as he could. 

"You sure took your time coming back," I raised an eyebrow up at him and he clenched his jaw slightly. 

"I'd forgotten how argumentative Archangels can be," he replied with a roll of his eyes. 

"And? What did they say? Where are we supposed to go once I've transitioned?" I asked. 

"Bryn Athyn Cathedral. It's in Pennsylvania. We're supposed to stay there until we can get a flight to Europe. Apparently we might be able to find something at Notre Dame in Paris. It was built on the ruins of a church back from before Christ. The Archangels think we might find something there worth investigating," Grey explained. 

"Is there anything else that they said?" I asked, referring more so to the fact that he and I were obviously breaking Heaven's rules by being together. He let out a sigh and nodded, clenching his jaw slightly. 

"They're having another Angel meet us at Bryn Athyn when we get there. Something about 'needing all the protection we can get'. They tried to make it two, but I convinced them otherwise," he grumbled annoyedly. 

Okay, not what I was referring to, but I'm almost glad he didn't catch on to my insinuation. It might mean they didn't see our relationship as the primary issue for the time being. 

"How did you convince them otherwise?" I raised an eyebrow. Did I even want to know?

"Yeah, about that. I have a friend who's a Fallen and she's agreed to help us. She'll be here in a few days to help Allison with your training," Grey eyed me cautiously. 

Wait 

She?

"She?" I couldn't stop myself from sounding surprised, and a little irritated. 

"Before you get all riled up, she's like my sister. We've been friends for ages. She was one of the first Fallen that I'd met after I fell. She was a Lady in the Italian Monarchy in the 1700s. You'll like her," Grey explained, rubbing his thumb in concentric circles on the small of my back. 

Oh, he thought he was good. Rubbing my back to distract me from this. 

I had to admit. He was kind of good. 

I eyed him. "Have you slept with her?" I scowled. 

"Nope. Promise. She's never been into Angels. She tends to go for flings with humans instead. And I've never been into girls like her. I prefer girls like you," he hummed lowly, his eyes peering down at mine beneath his thick lashes. 

"You think you're so clever, don't you?" I rolled my eyes. "What's her name?"

"I am clever," he winked at me. "She doesn't go by her human name anymore. We just call her Siena, it's the town she's from in Italy." 

"Does she have wings like yours?" I furrowed my brows at him slightly. 

"All Fallen have grey wings, love. But no, she doesn't. Mine are the darkest I've ever come across," he replied, reaching up and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Speaking of wings, how's yours?"

"Well, I only had to jump off that cliff again to make them come out, so they're already on my nerves," I sighed in annoyance and Grey frowned, glancing over towards the staircase. 

"She was supposed to keep you safe, I told her-"

"My wings weren't coming out on their own, she was just trying to help. I'm sure she would've caught me if they didn't come out," I explained, trying to prevent him from wanting to yell at Allison more than he already does. 

"Letting you get anywhere near that cliff was directly against what I told her to do," he clenched his jaw angrily. 

"And yet, I'm fine. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself," I folded my arms in protest. 

"Look, you're just- you're vulnerable right now while you're trying to figure out this whole Angelic thing and I-" he paused, "- I won't lose you again." 

I sighed and broke eye contact with him, leaning forward and resting my head against his chest, just right above his heart. He ran his thumb in concentric circles on the small of my back, resting his chin atop my head. "You never lost me, Grey," I hummed softly. 

"I did. You were dead. I let him hurt you," Grey whispered back, wrapping his other arm around the middle of my back and holding me steady against his chest. 

"You can't blame yourself. I let him hurt me to save you. That was my choice, and mine alone," I replied, moving my head to rest my chin on his chest and look up at him. He peered down at me beneath those enviously thick lashes. 

"You shouldn't have had to make that choice," he replied softly, clenching his jaw slightly as he spoke. I could feel the little breath of air from his lips against mine. It gave me goosebumps. 

"I don't think you understand. I love you. I would do anything in the world to keep you safe," I smiled slightly. The corners of his lips twitched up in a coy smirk when the three words left my lips. It was cute. Like he couldn't keep himself from showing his emotions when I told him I loved him. 

"I do understand. Because I would do the same. And I didn't. And it's driving me insane," he grumbled lowly and I rolled my eyes. 

"With the amount of danger we're both in at the moment, I'm sure you'll get the chance to redeem your chivalry," I chuckled slightly. He smirked and moved his hand from the middle of my back to lift up my chin with the tip of his finger. 

"What would you say if I told you I missed you and your irritating sass?" He hummed lowly, his eyes flicking back and forth between my eyes and my lips. 

"I'd say I missed you and your annoying ego," I replied with a cheeky smirk. His chest rumbled in a low growl as he bent down, gently pressing his lips against mine. 

God, how I'd missed him. 

Apparently I'd forgotten how great of a kisser he was. One brush of his lips and I had chills racing down my spine and the room began to spin. I gripped some fabric beneath the collar of his shirt to hold myself steady in his dizzying spell. 

And when his teeth dragged across my bottom lip, I lost myself in him. My fingers found his hair and entangled themselves in it, pulling him ever closer to me. When he'd had enough of bending over, he gripped my hips and lifted me easily up onto the kitchen countertop. 

He was too good at this. 

Without a second thought, my legs wrapped around his waist, pulling his hips against mine. The way my body seemed to remember him and what it was like to be entangled in him, it was like it had become instinctual. He was the only thing I needed, and my body knew how to get him. 

"You really did miss me and my annoying ego, didn't you?" He mumbled breathlessly against my lips as his hands found the bare skin beneath the hem of my shirt. 

"Depends if you really missed me and my irritating sass," I replied, arching my neck as his lips found the base of my jaw. 

"I think you're the only person I've ever truly missed, love," he growled, his teeth running over my skin and trailing goosebumps behind them. 

"Really?" I hummed, gripping his hair a little tighter. 

"Mmhmm," he hummed against my skin. "And as much as I'd like to insist we take this upstairs, I need to see your wings and how well you can fly."

I groaned in irritation. I'd just showered and was finally clean and now I had to go deal with this again? I didn't even know if I could conjure up my wings again without jumping off a cliff. 

"Can't we save that for another time?" I pleaded, Grey's chest grumbling in frustration. 

"Believe me, I wish we could too. But we need to get you fully transitioned as soon as possible," he replied, pulling himself away from my neck. His eyes ran up my body. "Are those my clothes?"

"They're comfortable," I shrugged. He rolled his eyes and smirked, eyeing his clothes on my body. 

"Well I can't say I don't enjoy this," he hummed, eyes darkening slightly. "I'd rather you be wearing my clothes than anyone else's. Although I do prefer you in no clothes at all."

"Wings," I smirked mischievously, tapping my finger on his chest as I slid off the countertop. That's what he gets for making me go do this. 

"Cruel," he muttered, licking his lips as I shoved past him and began walking to the door. 

"Oh, almost forgot. Wouldn't want to rip your shirt," I looked back at him over my shoulder before pulling his shirt over my head and tossing it aside. 

Cruel is right. 

Hello my lovelies!

I figured since I'll be gone for the next week and not updating, I'd satiate you all with a lil steamy sesh. 

Any thoughts about what's going to happen with Siena? And who the other Angel Heaven is sending will be? 

Lemme know :) 

I love you all and thank you so much for reading. I'll see you next week!

-TJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 13.8K 39
She is an enchantress, Making me feel so wrong, Her face stuck in my mind, Like a melodious song. Xander is now a demon. He is walking hate, blood an...
20.3K 512 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
976K 40.6K 35
Copyrighted 2020 **Book 1 in the Darkness Series!** **Completed!** *Under construction* There was a creature locked away miles beneath the ston...
769K 10.8K 11
**SAMPLE ONLY. THIS BOOK IS PUBLISHED ON AMAZON KINDLE AND RADISH APP!** BOOK 1 Vienna, a teenage misfit, must save her loved ones by finding her way...