My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 58

29.9K 460 26
By livelaughluv451

Thump, thump, thump.

I wanted to groan but the sound got caught in my throat. My breathing was shallow and choppy so I tried to take a deep breath. Yet, I felt too exhausted to inhale.

That was when I realized that I couldn’t move a single muscle of my body. I tried to move my arm, but I remain unwillingly immobile. It tried something smaller, like wriggling my finger. I felt my hand jerk to the side and I realized I could smile in accomplishment. The smile slowly faded as the pain registered.

Thump, thump, thump.

The sound was like a bass drum pounding right beside my ear. My head seemed to ache more and more as I slowly regained control of more parts of my body.

I inched my leg a little to the right, or what I thought was right. It was hard to tell directions while my head spun. I squeezed my eyes and willed myself to freeze again to make the pain go away.

I heard something knock onto the ground and crash loudly, which didn’t do much to help. I wanted to open my eyes to see what made the sound, but the pain only made me squeeze my eyes tighter.

I turned my head to the side and sighed in relief when something cool was pressed against my cheek. The pain subsided slightly and I savored the feel. Soon, the surface began to lose its coolness and began to heat to my body temperature.

I groaned as the pain grew again and seemed to have gotten worse.

“Amber!” Noah’s voice called and I wondered if it was only my imagination. Noah wouldn’t be… Where was I? What happened?

I vaguely remembered going to school, feeling like hell, and then being rejected by Noah. Then Alice drove me home and then I came up with a blank. What happened when I got home?

“Amber!” Noah called again and I forced myself to open my eyes.

Bright light made me want to shut my eyes again, but I squinted through it. Once my eyes had adjusted, I opened my eyes fully.

I was still at home. I was lying on the floor in the living room and the couch was calling out for me to lie down for just a few minutes…

I forced myself to look away and my eyes immediately snapped to where Noah was on the ground beating the crap out of some man. I gasped as the man shot up and landed a strong punch into Noah’s face.

Noah slid back a few feet and the man angled towards him, giving me a glimpse of his face.

I let out a blood-curling terrified scream that you hear in horror movies. Both pairs of eyes snapped to me, Noah’s filled with concern and my father’s filled with anger. I flinched away from him and froze in terror when he took a step towards me.

He didn’t get very far as Noah tackled him to the ground only a second later. Noah slammed his already bloody fist into my father’s face. Noah pulled back his hand and winced and my father took the opportunity to take the advantage and land a couple punches.

“Stop!” I screamed. I got up, ignoring the soaring pain, and tried to pull him off Noah. He only shoved me backwards and into the wall. I cried out as my already pounding head slammed into the hard wall.

I shut my eyes and tried to block out both my painful headache and the sound of fists hitting flesh. A couple seconds later the punches seemed to have stopped but I still didn’t open my eyes.

A warm hand cupped my face, but I didn’t flinch away from it so I knew it was Noah. I couldn’t bring myself to open my eyes, even though I really wanted to stare into his eyes and have him tell me everything would be okay.

“Are you alright?” He asked, his voice obviously masked with concern. I gritted my teeth and nodded.

He sighed. “You really are a horrible liar,” He said.

“I just nodded my head,” I defended myself weakly. He chuckled. Something warm and slightly rough ran across my cheek, which oddly, made some of the pain disappear. I sighed in relief and enjoyed the feel.

I finally forced my eyes opened and gasped as they met with Noah’s. His face was leveled with mine and no more than an inch away. His eyes seemed to be a shade darker and were filled with concern.

Something moved and I caught it from the corner of my vision. Without moving my head, I rolled my eyes as downwards as they could go. I saw Noah’s tanned hand cupping my face, explaining the feeling of warmth. Despite myself, I automatically felt heat rushing to my face and I was surely turning deep red. As this happened, a slight smile began to form on Noah’s face. But just before it fully reached his eyes, it froze. The smile remained but a slight twinge of anger pooled in his eyes.

“We need to get you out of here,” He stated, taking his hand off my face. My bottom lip gutted out in protest.

“But I wanted to stay here!” I whined. Picking up his hand manually and placing it on my face again. He sighed.

“Amber…” He trailed off, his eyes darting to something behind him. I followed his gaze and saw my father sprawled out on the living room floor. I had forgotten he was even in the room.

I waited for my father to get up off the floor and attack us, but he didn’t move. He remained still. Motionless. His face was unnaturally pale and I couldn’t make out the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed.

He was dead. Or at least, he would be soon. As horrible as it must sound, I felt safer and relieved. I was staring at my father’s dead body for goodness sake, but I couldn’t bring myself to have even an ounce of guilt.

But what would happen to Noah? I froze.

My eye snapped to meet Noah’s wary ones. My mouth popped open as I gawked at him in shock. He stared back, not breaking contact, but shame filled his eyes.

“You’re an idiot!” I yelled, shoving his chest with all my strength. I almost smiled as he stumbled backwards, looked affected for once.

“What were you thinking? Do you know what this means?” I shouted, my voice raising an octave. He looked surprised by my outburst.

“I’m sorry but he had it coming,” Noah muttered, looking at the floor. I rolled my eyes at him but I was far from amused.

“I’m not mad at you for hurting him! Well, actually, I am. But I’m only mad because next week, I’ll be freaking visiting you in prison!” I shrieked. Noah suddenly looked amused, but that only made my temper flare.

“Don’t you dare laugh, Noah Flynn! This is not funny!”

He chuckled, despite my past sentence. “He won’t press charges,” Noah said.

“He doesn’t have to! He’s dead! It’s not like he can get up and tell the cops all is good now!” I yelled. Noah rolled his eyes.

“He’s not dead. At least I don’t think he is,” Noah said. He kicked my father rather hard in the lower region. He groaned and buried his face in the carpet.

“Alive, see?” Noah smirked at me. I crossed my arms and huffed.

“Fine. He’s alive. You’ll go to jail for assault and possible attempted murder. Yipee!” I cheered sarcastically.

“He won’t press charges.”

“He will.”

“He won’t.”

“He will!”

“He won’t.”

“He will!” Noah sighed and grabbed onto  the collar of my father’s shirt and used it to yank him up to his feet. But he was too weak to stand on his own so Noah held most of his weight.

“Are pressing charges?” Noah asked kindly, but I heard the threat behind it. This was the first time I’d seen Noah act so harsh. To be honest, it was actually a turn on. But this probably wasn’t the time to be thinking about that.

“No.” My father answered in a half-groan.

“And why not?” Noah asked, still using his faux-kindness.

“Because I know you will come back and finish the job,” My father groaned, actually obeying someone for possibly the first time in his life.

“And what will happen if you ever bother Amber again?”

“You’ll come back and make sure I die slowly and painfully,” He said. Noah dropped him to the floor and he landed with a loud crash.

“See? He’s obedient,” Noah said, smirking darkly at me. “Now get out and never come back,” He said to my father, this time letting his voice fill with venom.

He didn’t reply but began to weakly drag himself inch by inch towards the door.

“Impressed?” Noah asked, smirking at me.

Before I knew what I was doing, I flung myself into Noah’s arms and began to sob loudly. Noah wrapped his arms around me and just let me cry while whispering soothing words. I buried my head into his chest.

“Thank you,” I said, my words muffled. He slowly stroked my hair.

“You are very welcome,” He mumbled but I still heard him. I pulled back from our hug, my tears momentarily forgotten.

I crashed our lips together and nearly screamed in joy when he started to kiss me back. Our kiss didn’t last very long.

He pulled back and I looked at the floor, not wanting to look into his eyes. I waited for him to pull back and reject me again, but instead he muttered three words I thought I’d never hear again.

“I love you.” My head snapped up and my mouth hung ajar.

Had he really changed his mind in the past four hours? When I didn’t say anything he chuckled.

“Yes Noah! I love you too. We’ll be together forever and ever,” He said in a nasal high voice. I scoffed and pushed his chest.

“I don’t talk like that!” I protested. He smirked.

“Don’t you?” He asked using the same voice. I glared at him.

“No,” I said in my best impression of his voice. He laughed.

“That is like, the worst, like, impression of Noah, like that I have ever like seen,” He said. “Like.”

“I think it’s pretty good,” I said, still doing my imitation.

“No it’s like not. He so doesn’t talk like that,” He wailed. I stuck out my tongue.

Then I froze as his gaze zeroed in on my lips.

“Noah?” I asked in my regular voice.

“Yeah?” He said in a high voice before clearing his throat and repeating himself in his normal pitch. “Yeah?”

“Why didn’t you say it earlier?” I asked. He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head.

“Yeah about that…”

I know this is late so sorry! I will try to be on time from now on!  Oh and if I promised to read your stories but haven't yet or if you want me to read one of your stories, please Private Message me! It's really hard to keep track of all those requests

Votes:110

Next Upload: Friday

You see the person I dedicated this chapter to? Please read her story! It's not all that popular and its really good!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 186K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
3.1M 252K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2.1M 34.3K 64
He's a player, he's hot and he's stubborn. Everyone knows it- especially him. Shes never been kissed, she's unnoticed and she's shy- no one knows her...
50.1K 2.1K 45
Fast forward a couple of years later, Maggie is gone and Evan is still trying to figure out what went wrong. Heartbroken and confused, Evan tries t...