Once in a Million

Galing kay cactusrgr8

[This is a Dabi x Male Reader] You grew up with Toya, you saw his life, he never really saw yours. You've se... Higit pa

𝐡𝐢𝐲𝐚❢
where it started
toya todoroki
info: y/n
we became friends
daydream
《Chapter 4 - Honest 》
《Chapter 5 - Help Me 》
please read <3!

new years special

1.9K 53 10
Galing kay cactusrgr8

Ok, so I'm not going to do a Christmas Special! I'm sorry, but It's because I've barely started on the second chapter and just making a Christmas one right after is just too... forward? I don't know, but I'll try to pull through with this one! By the way, two things! One, this is them being kids! Second, I might make chapters but not post them right away so you guys can like go chapter from a chapter without having to wait for the next update! Have a great New Years! Love you guys! Also, this is after Shoto was born.

-

The Todoroki family were all getting ready for the New Year's celebration as for the Yamashida's. The two families were going out to walk around the town which was lit with New Year's colors and many decorations and shops filled with traditional food. 

Toya was wearing a dark red yukata that had leaves that were a light orange growing at the bottom. He had rather preferred a blue yukata, but his father thought it would be more "traditional".  He had a small satchel with him that hung from his shoulder. It carried his money that he had previously earned today from his parents (otoshidama).

//it's called otoshidama from what I learned, I'm sorry if I'm incorrect! I don't know their exact traditions!//

They were walking along a pathway that had tiny open shops littered across from each other, each being very festive. Toya wanted to buy something for his friend, that is until they met them. Up ahead, Toya could see the destined place where they would meet the Yamashida's. A single tree, littered of its leaves. 

Toya raced ahead, excited to meet his (e/c)-eyed friend. As he grew nearer, he could see the silhouette of (Y/n). He was wearing an (f/c) yukata that had (f/c) flowers littered across it. Next to him was his parents and older sister.

He stopped in front of him, abruptly, making the boy flinch a little. Bending over, he gasped for air, before reclaiming himself, looking back up. 

"Hey (Y/n)! I like your yukata!" Toya breathed out. 

As Toya and (Y/n) grew closer, (Y/n) became used to this energetic attitude. 

"T-thanks," (Y/n) shyly whispered, "yours is delightful as well." (Y/n's) face started blooming into a bright red. 

(Y/n) was not good with close interaction...

he guesses...

"Want to go check out the shops? I passed some and the food there looked really good!" Toya said energetically.

"S-sure!" 

As they were about to dash off, the mothers' instincts went off and quickly grabbed their arms, stopping them from freedom. 

"Take your older sister with you! (Take Rei with you!)" Mrs. Yamshida and Todorki said at the same time.

Toya let out a groan as (Y/n) defeatedly looked at the ground. Nikki (older sister) and Fuyumi weren't fine with it either, as Nikki started to go off on how she didn't want to hang with the younger siblings as Fuyumi didn't want to be involved with her brother's antics. 

But Rei and Anni (your mother) weren't having it as they glared down at the children. They wouldn't make it out alive if they disagreed, so they hesitantly nodded. 

//Btw, Natsuo is with the mothers//

. . .

With Nikki in the lead, Fuyumi following after her at a fast pace, and Toya and (Y/n) as the caboose, they made their way downtown, stopping at eye-catching shops. None of them, though, had spent any money.

Then a stand came up that was selling mochi. Everybody droolingly made their way over, the smell getting stronger and more delicious. Nikki was the first to whip out her money, paying for a vanilla-flavored mochi. Fuyumi bought a strawberry-flavored mochi. Toya was still looking over the flavors, but settling for the Kona Coffee one. 

(Y/n) was still deciding, with a very constipated look on his face. Nikki was becoming impatient, tapping her foot in quick moments. Seeing no effort of him choosing anytime soon, she took matters in her own hands.

"Pick or I'm picking for you!" She angrily whispers/shouted. 

That only made (Y/n) more hesitant. Nikki didn't want to have to spend all her time on her useless brother. So she decided that hey! there were old enough to be on there own.

"Ok, here's the plan. I and Fuyumi are going to walk around more. You and Toya can catch up later, so we can both have times on our own having fun. We will meet you at that..." Nikki hesitantly stopped, scooping the area for a suitable stop, "at that shop!" Nikki said pointing at a shop that had a bright-neon light coming from it. It was selling masks. 

Toya looked at (Y/n) who didn't look so sure. Toya put a hand on his shoulder to assure him they were going to be fine. After they all agreed, Fuyumi and Nikki went on there own way, as (Y/n) and Toya was left behind. Fuyumi was more than happy to be with Nikki since she really looked up to her. (Y/n) did not understand that at all.

(Y/n) finally decided with chocolate mochi. After paying, Toya and he went on their own way. Stopping time to time to look at shops, they stayed very close by each other. Soon, their delicious mochi was all gone. 

. . .

They soon got to a clearing where a bunch of people was. Wanting to stay together, Toya grabbed (y/n's) hand. Holding it tightly, he tried to see what the big deal was. It was a fight! Two drunken men were on the ground, throwing punches left and right. Some of the unfortunate citizens tried to break it up, only to be hit themselves. Others just watched.

That was until it escalated. One of the men used their quirk, which was prohibited in the area since the festival was still going on. His quirk hit the man straight on, throwing him back into a store. The man going after him was stopped by someone. They got hit with his quirk as well. Soon, people were scattering to find authority or somewhere where they wouldn't be involved. 

Only Toya and (Y/n) were left standing. The man noticing the two kids drunkenly made his way over to them. Toya's hold on (Y/n's) hand grew tighter as he tried to pull them away. (Y/n) still being dazed was clumsily following behind. The man seeing their escape wildly released his quirk at them. Barely hitting them, they crouched under a bench. 

Hearing footsteps coming closer, they soon heard yelling voices as the authority finally arrived. Coming out from under the bench, two adults headed over to check them over for any bruises. Finding none, the two headed back the way they came. What sucked was...

Neither had a phone. Which sucked.

Making their way back, they saw the fireworks starting. Even after the fiasco, they didn't want to miss the glimpse of the sparkling lights. Going over to another circled-area, they could see people spread out on the grass beyond the street into the forest as others crowded around to get a better sight. A man passing out sparklers handed one to each of them, lighting them. Still holding hands, they gazed at the fiery stick.

Toya looked over at (Y/n). The light coming from the sparkler shined in his (e/c) eyes, having a beautiful effect. The lights danced in his eyes. Toya didn't want to look away, his eyes were so mesmerizing, but wanted a closer look at the fireworks. 

Softly pulling (Y/n) away, he led them into the forests where nobody else was. Sitting down with (Y/n) on a patch of grass on the edge of a cliff, they could both see the amazing fireworks. Colors flashed onto their bodies as the fireworks exploded. 

It was beautiful. They could see other parts of the town and the ocean beyond. The moon reflected off the water. The sky littered with twinkling stars. Clouds were drifting ever so slightly as if they were falling asleep. Everything was great. 

Toya squeezed (Y/n's) hand in an affectionate way. (Y/n) could feel his cheeks becoming warmer but he didn't care.

As the sky softly grew to sleep, the two couldn't be happier. 

꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡

Extra!

After Toya and (Y/n) got back to their families, after not seeing Nikki or Fuyumi, they saw Nikki and Fuyumi getting yelled out, everybody looking worried. 

They ran up to them, which immediately the two moms hugged them to death as Nikki and Fuyumi were crying their eyes out. After you pulled away, it seemed like the aura changed drastically. 

Looking up, you could notice how s c r e w e d  they were. 

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚*・

・゚・(〃'∩`p◇SΟЯЯΥ◆q'∩`〃)・゚・

I'm back! I'm so so sorry!
 I'm very late, and this is barely a good time to publish this chapter. I might not update right away and that's because I'm still in school right now! My apologies! This one was tiring though (。'-д-)>c[_]. I am going to go back and recheck or comment below telling me what to check if that's ok! I looked up traditions specifically for this chapter and I hope I got some right! Anyways, I'll try my best to update! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)

Goodbye ladies and gents~ (∩。・o・。)っ.゚☆。''

Also thanks for everyone who followed me and who in general read this! I appreciate it! Love you guys! Don't forget to comment! (ෆˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈ෆ)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

146K 2.3K 24
Because of your "Quirk" and your Appearance, You've been Ostracized your entire life. Even your own family didn't like you, But when you encounter so...
166K 4.2K 10
You thought the fighting villains was rough, but parenthood is definitely the toughest battle you've had. Your husband being one of the top 10 heroes...
5.3K 143 20
Y/n was a todoroki but after endeavor kept abusing shoto and neglecting the others both Y/n and toya left and toya became dabi but they left at diffe...
228K 6.1K 10
You're already aware of his villain life and you aren't involved with his villainous actions nor will he let you meet his co-workers. You didn't fall...