The Love Bite [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

Alexander Lee Grey lives his entire life according to his clan's will. He has no freedom, especially when it'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

45.2K 2.3K 1K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Twelve (Alexander)

No one went to answer the door. We just stood there in the kitchen, staring down the hallway at the front door as someone knocked a second time before hitting the door bell.

"If it was Zephyra, they wouldn't knock." Amber offered, but we weren't willing to risk it. Storm took Mark by the arm and pulled him off to the side so they could hide on the other side of the fridge. Amber backed herself up into a corner away from the door and I stayed in the hallway, slowly heading for the door and ignoring Amber's orders for me to  come back.

The hairs on the back of my neck rose as I stood in front of the door as someone knocked again, followed by a pause and sigh that I immediately recognized. My eyes widened and I quickly undid the locks, opening the door to see Nicholas standing there in his soccer uniform with a Wolf Creek High sweatshirt over top. His dark hair was touseled from the cool breeze and his eyes seemed to brighten when he saw me.

"Hey, Alex." He greeted. I didn't know what to say at first, so I sort of sputtered, then felt my face grow hot as I took a deep breath, watching Nicholas smile more.

"S-Sorry about that. Uhm, do you... want to come in? It's probably cold." I offered stupidly, stepping aside. Nicholas nodded and came inside as I shut the door. Amber and the others didn't dare come out of their hiding places. I didn't mind. I wanted some privacy with Nicholas.

Some time to say goodbye.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, my chest ached tightly and I felt the backs of my eyes burn with tears, but I didn't let them show as I smiled at Nicholas.

"I didn't think you wanted to talk to me anymore." I admitted with a shrug, reaching up to tuck some hair behind my hair uneasily. Nicholas blinked, looking surprised as he stood there with his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

"No, no," He explained, "I just wanted to know why you ditched me on Friday night. The real reason." I frowned and glanced at him curiously.

"What did Amber tell you?" I asked, confused. Nicholas raised an eyebrow, giving me this skeptical stare.

"That Mark was mauled by dogs and you all went to the hospital," He answered, making me smack my forehead in embarrassment, "Although, I did hear Mark was in the hospital. Is everything all right?" I studied his concerned expression for a moment and melted, twiddling my fingers as I spoke.

"He's fine. Someone must have jumped him outside on the field. He was beaten up pretty badly, but... he should be fine." I replied quietly. Nicholas smiled in relief, tilting his head to study my face.

"That's good. I'm glad. How about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you all right?"

"Oh," I blinked and let the question settle in my head along with the billions of other things that were swirling around in there before I forced a smile, "Totally fine. Just... busy with family matters." Nicholas didn't seem to believe me. I could tell by the way his expression became doubtful for a moment before he shook his head, biting his lip for a moment, scanning my house.

"You weren't at school today." He said at last, looking at me. Why was my face heating up like this? I felt like someone had lit my cheeks on fire. I rushed to come up with a lie and Nicholas caught me before I could even speak.

"And don't tell me you were mauled by dogs or werewolves or vampires or whatever." He added, making me stare at him. Well, part of that was slightly true, I thought with a grimace, then gestured to the stairs.

"Let's go where we have some privacy." I offered. Nicholas nodded and followed me as I led him up the stairs, mentally hoping that Storm, Mark, and Amber didn't do anything suspicious. In fact, Mark shouldn't even show himself if Nicholas knew he was in the hospital.

We headed down the hallway and into my room before I shut the door behind us and leaned on it as Nicholas stepped in, scanning. I was embarrassed at how messy my room was. Clothes were scattered in random piles, books open and all over the place, candy wrappers, etc. I looked up at Nicholas, who had his back to me for a moment before he turned around.

"Alex, I like you." He stated. I blinked, looking at him uncertainly as I stayed against the door, my palms flat against the hard wood.

"Uh, well, that's nice... That makes one person at our school." I admitted, but Nicholas shook his head, withdrawing his hands from his sweatshirt and taking a few steps closer to me, making me press even further against the door.

"I'm sorry, I should've been more clear," Nicholas sighed, then locked eyes with me, "I love you, Alex."

My heart stopped.

He said it. Nicholas said it. He loved me! He loved me! It explained why he practically kissed me at the game and invited me out and defended me when no one else would! Nicholas really loved me!

After years of watching him from afar and coming up with scenerios of how we could date, he finally confirmed all those fantasizes with those three simple words that seemed to ring in my ears, making my heart pound violently against my ribcage. My whole body felt like it had caught on fire.

Nicholas loved me!

I was about to reply with my confession when Storm's voice seemed to pop into my head.

"As if you'd do something for anyone else! Ever since I showed up here, it's always been about you!"

"May the Goddess have mercy on you because when he finds out that this is your doing, he'll make your life a living hell by killing off everyone you love, including that pathetic, sniveling wrench of a human you lust after like some-some fucking horny teenaged girl!"

I felt like I was replaying everything from earlier in my head up until my own words seemed to snap back and hit me in the face.

"How can I possibly have a relationship with Nicholas if he's human, you idiot?! How can I have a relationship if Mark's the one who's in trouble?! I know it's my fault!"

Storm was right. I was right. This couldn't work. Nicholas was a human. He was fragile compared to my kind. All because of my mistakes, Nicholas would suffer if we got together. Storm's father would kill him, if not torment him for as long as he lived. I couldn't drag Nicholas into this.

I couldn't risk Nicholas' life. I couldn't risk the rest of ours anymore than I already have.

The cold heard truth hit me so hard, I couldn't even stop the tears this time as they blurred my vision of Nicholas' handsome face looking at me in concern. He reached up and his warm hands cupped my cheeks, taking my breath away.

"Alex, why are you crying?" Nicholas asked, worried as he tried to wipe them away, but the more he tried, the more tears sprang to my eyes. I reached up, touching his hands and savoring every second of touching him.

"I-I can't." I managed. Nicholas blinked, looking confused.

"You can't what?" He asked gently, studying my face as he tried to wipe my tears away some more. I shook my head and had to force myself to push his hands away, force myself to let go of the hands I wanted to hold and kiss for years.

"I'm sorry, you have to go." I choked, covering my mouth as I opened the bedroom door to step out. Nicholas was right on my heels as I went for the stairs, walking quickly.

"Wait, Alex, I don't understand," Nicholas protested, his footsteps following me down the stairs, "I know you like me. I've been watching you as long as you've been watching me. I know you went to every single one of my games, for both soccer and football. I know you watched me at lunch and during class. I know you like me, so why...?" His voice trailed as I went to open the front door. He caught my wrist and spun me around so I was facing him.

I tried to answer him, but a sob threatened to become a scream in my throat, so I held my breath for a moment, wiping vigorously at my eyes.

"I can't. I just can't. I'm so sorry, Nicholas." I managed, choking a sob back as I tried to suck in a deep breath. Nicholas seemed hurt, but worried even more as he took my hand in his, leaning towards me. It took me a moment to realize he was leaning in to kiss me.

I wanted to move.

To get away.

Far away.

But I couldn't. The closer he came, the closer my heart came to exploding in my chest as I watched his hazel eyes watch me intently. His lips fell on mine hotly, parting against mine as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I almost melted at the feel of his tongue against mine, the moist velvety sensation that was giving me goosebumps. He put his hands on my arms, touching my bare skin and making it warm.

Why?

Why did this all happen now?

Everything was happening too fast. Mark almost died, becomes a vampire, loses his memory. Storm falls in love with Mark and almost broke my arm for lying to him. Some psycho vampires are out there to kill Mark, and probably the rest of us for getting in their way. Storm's father will kill me when he finds out what I've done.

All of this was my fault.

Storm was right.

It was my fault. I was a child trying to make the impossible possible. Now it was time to make things right again and I couldn't do that with Nicholas kissing me and confessing to me.

I'd waited almost five years for Nicholas to say he loved me and now that he'd finally confessed and was kissing me, I had to tell him now. New tears sprang to my eyes and streaked down my face as Nicholas continued to kiss me, trailing his hands down my sides and cupping my ass to pull me against him.

This was the last time I'd see Nicholas.

The last time I'd kiss Nicholas.

I put my arms around him tightly, pulling him down further. I wanted to savor this moment. If I was near the brink of death, I wanted to have something to look back on and this moment was it. I wanted to remember the way Nicholas' soft lips covered mine, the way his hot tongue danced in my mouth dominantly. I never wanted this moment to end, but I finally managed to pull myself away, hiding my mouth so Nicholas couldn't lean in for another kiss.

"I'm sorry, you need to go." I stammered, reaching for the door handle and pulling it open. Nicholas looked at me, utterly confused, concerned, and very obviously hurt.

"Alex--"

"Please, just leave!"

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong!" Nicholas protested and went to slam the door shut, but a hand reached out and caught Nicholas' wrist, shoving him into the doorway. I looked up to see Storm standing there, glaring at Nicholas firmly.

"He's asking that you leave." Storm ordered. Nicholas looked at him, frowning curiously.

"You're that guy from the game Friday night. The one coach was trying to talk to about a scholarship." He concluded. I looked up at Storm, who had the door in one hand while the other leaned on the doorframe.

"I apologize for this turn of events, but Alexander is already properly engaged to someone else and cannot hold a relationship with anyone else." Storm explained firmly, his tone powerful and regal. I waited for Nicholas to obey out of instinct, but I was stunned when Nicholas' eyes flickered and narrowed for a moment.

"Don't give me that. Arranged marriages are so 1800's." He snapped in irritation. Storm raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so? You think Alexander isn't engaged to me?" He asked. Nicholas blinked.

"To you?" He asked in disbelief. The confusion and hurt only grew on his face, making my heart clench in my chest as my muscles grew taut. I clenched my fists, grinding my teeth as Storm looked down at Nicholas as if he were an insect.

"Yes. If you want proof, you can come to our handfasting in December, two day after Yule. You'll probably get a back row seat, though." He added rudely, making my eyes widen as I jerked my head up to stare at him.

"Storm, that's--"

"Alexander doesn't love you." Nicholas told him coldly, his fists clenched at his sides. Storm narrowed his eyes dangerously, his hand on the door clenching.

"So what? You think love is the most important thing in the world. Love makes the world go 'round, doesn't it? Hardly. You're nothing, but a little child who's caught in a dream. Love is not power. Power is power. When Alexander and I get married, our families will have increased effect on the business world." He explained harshly. Nicholas still didn't back down and scowled.

"That's bullshit and you know it." He answered. Storm rolled his eyes.

"If that's the best you got, I recommend you leave before I call the police." He responded, ready to close the door, but Nicholas stuck his foot in the door and glared at Storm firmly. Storm looked mildly surprised at being disobeyed, especially by a human, but it didn't last long as Storm narrowed his eyes.

"Move or I'll make you move." He ordered. Nicholas didn't back down and pushed on the door with one hand while the other held onto the doorframe.

"Not until I talk to Alex," He snapped, then glanced at me past the door as I stood there, trying to gain control over the need to help Nicholas, "You don't love him. Ever since I've known you, Alex, I saw something about you that made me sad. Something that I knew was making you sad. I know what that is now. Why would you do something to hurt yourself like this?"

I didn't want to answer that. I couldn't tell him of all the terrible things I'd done.

"Please, Nicholas." I managed. Nicholas locked eyes with me, his teeth gritted before he moved his foot and Storm slammed the door shut, locking it. He waited, listening for Nicholas' footsteps down the walk way before turning to face me as another wave of tears fell down my cheeks. Storm frowmed and went to touch me, but I really didn't want to be touched right now, so I withdrew and went upstairs to shower and change.

The water felt like fire on my skin, so I set it to cold, enjoying the sting of the water hit my skin like icy bullets. I stepped out, wearing a towel as I brushed my teeth and fixed up. I changed into a loose black shirt with long sleeves, tugging a Wolf Creek hoodie over my head, finishing off with a pair of black jeans. I grabbed a black under armour shirt for Mark because a simple vest wasn't going to keep him warm if we planned to leave soon.

I came downstairs to see Storm wearing his leather jacket and Amber had pulled her jacket back on, glancing at me with a comforting smile.

"Come on, Ally Cat. Time to get ready. We're gonna take my Jeep. Pack as many blood bags as you can get." She added, taking a sip of O negative from her glass. I only nodded, passing Mark the under armor shirt that he tugged on under his vest. Storm said nothing, just stood there silently by the hallway entrance.

And just when things couldn't get worse, the phone rang.

Storm, Amber, and I shared looks while Mark looked at the phone, frowning. No one went to answer it, we just stood there in silence as the machine picked it up.

"Alexander Lee Grey, when I get home, I'm going to make you wish you were never born!" My mother's voice vibrated the whole machine, making me grimace and Amber sigh, covering her ears while Mark blinked, surprised at the sound of my mother's voice.

"How dare you ruin my reputation! What is the matter with you?! I raised you to be a proper young man and you come in here, beat a nurse, then steal a patient?! You complained about having no freedom before?! Boy, when I get home, you will have absolutely no free will! You better be hiding in your room by the time your father and I get home because you're in for the worst punishment of your entire life!" Click.

Everyone looked at me, but I didn't say anything, just went back to putting bags of blood into a cooler before shutting the fridge, handing the cooler to Amber, who took it cautiously, probably waiting to see my reaction to my mom's message, but I didn't say anything still.

"Amber, take the cooler to the Jeep," Storm spoke at last, "I'll grab some things from upstairs and then we're leaving. The next town is a few miles away and for those next few miles is nothing, but thick forest. Everyone get ready." Amber nodded and headed out the back door while Storm went down the hall, up the stairs. I grabbed a glass of blood, downing it quickly and wishing it was enough to get me blood drunk, but to no avail.

"I'm sorry I got you into so much trouble." Mark said, making me blink and look at him. He leaned against the counter, looking at the message machine as it blinked an angry number one. I didn't say anything at first until he looked up and I shook my head.

"It's not your fault, Mark. It's mine. I dragged you into this mess. You... Storm's right. You were innocent."

"Apparently not if I have a bunch of people trying to kill me."

"That's not your fault."

"Then it's not yours either," Mark pointed out, making me blink as he pushed off the counter with a huff, "Don't give me self-righteous bullshit. You just turned down the guy you were in love with so you could save me. Don't blame yourself anymore for anything else that happens after this. It's not your fault. From here on out, it's no one's fault. It's just unfortunate circumstance." I stared at him, partially wondering if he had regained his memories from his old attitude, but that was impossible.

He would know at least something more, including why people were trying to kill him, right?

Mark and I said nothing more as we headed out to the Jeep, waiting for Storm, who came out a few moments later. Mark and I sat in the back seat while Storm took the passenger and Amber got behind the wheel, revving the engine before squealing backwards out of the driveway. Mark grabbed my hand instantly, cringing.

"Holy shit." He managed, squeezing my hand to death. I found myself squeezing his hand back as Amber shot down the road, making Storm glare at her.

"How do you have your license?" He demanded. I scowled.

"She technically doesn't. She had her license revoked a few months ago and won't be getting it back for a few more." I muttered. Storm stared at her in disbelief while Mark snorted, letting go of my hand to fold his arms over his chest.

"I can see why." He grunted, giving Amber's seat a little kick. Amber grinned anyway.

"You wanna get away from the baddies or give 'em a hug?" She demanded, making Storm roll his eyes as she continued down the block, turning the wheel as we went around a corner. As we passed, I saw Nicholas standing on the sidewalk, staring at the concrete under his feet.

My heart ached.

I'm so sorry, Nicholas.

I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 26.6K 16
[Sequel to Love Bite] After the horrific events last fall, Alexander Lee Grey has decided that it's the human life for him. Hanging out with his only...
3.4K 140 23
Everything in Alexander's life seems to be perfect, but nobody knows the truth. Alexander is gay and in the closet, his own mother blames him for his...
842K 21.9K 13
{Yaoi/Slash/BoyxBoy/MxM/LGBT} Being a werewolf was hard enough, especially with a sister, Camellia, who is abusive towards him. But when Ethan, a you...
22.5K 543 12
Alex parents kept secret from him. Alex is a gay boy, who falls for Danny. Danny is a werewolf and hes Alex's mate. family secret is found out Alex's...