Hooks and Seashells

By Meloetta246

A Harry x Uma Fanfiction What happened after Uma fled from cotillion? This is my own spin on the events that... More

Chapter 1: The Tides Have Turned
Chapter 2: Rocking the Boat
Chapter 3: Deals and Deliveries
Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts
Chapter 5: Goodbyes and Promises
Prediction of the Future
Chapter 6: Welcome to Auradon
Chapter 7: Dorm Rooms and Discoveries
Chapter 8: Appointments and Answers
Chapter 9: Dresses and Dilemna's
Chapter 10: Hooked and Having
Chapter 11: Mermaids and Memories
Chapter 12: Seasons Greetings and Surprises
Chapter 13: Black Magic and Barriers
I Got Tagged!
Chapter 15: The Big Sleep Part I
Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices
Tag! I'm It!
Chapter 17: Births and Beginnings
Chapter 18: Figures and Family
Tagged Once Again
Tags Tags Tags
Chapter 19: Puzzles and Pieces
Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
Epilogue
Tagged Again
Waves and Embers is out!

Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets

923 28 18
By Meloetta246

Uma groaned as she tossed another shirt back into her closet. She was eight and a half months now and most of her clothes no longer fit. All she wanted to do was go get the blueberry pancakes she woke up craving but she couldn't find anything to wear. Uma grabbed a pair of scissors and was about to start altering one of her tops when someone knocked on the door.

She swung open the door and found Harry on the other side. "Ye alright, love?" He asked, noticing her agitated state. "No." She whined, bursting into tears. "My shirts don't fit." Harry chuckled and pulled her into a hug. "Calm down Uma, I can solve that easily." She pulled away giving him a skeptical look. "How?" Harry grinned as he shrugged off his R.O.A.R. jacket and pulled off his shirt. "Just wear mine."

Uma took the the shirt gratefully. "Thanks Harry, but now what will you wear?" He grabbed his jacket and put it on making sure it was buttoned up all the way. "This." He smirked. Uma laughed. "You're a mess Hook, but you're my mess." She grabbed his arm and pulled him down the hall. "Now let's get those pancakes."
🌟

Evie and Dizzy hung the last of the decorations up in the Castle Gardens. "It's perfect!" Dizzy squealed, admiring their work. "Uma is going to love it!" Evie smiled. "I hope so, planning a baby shower is hard work." Dizzy peeked out the gate, then turned around with a smile. "Well, we're just in time, our guests are here."
🌟

Harry pulled Uma through the castle halls, and excited smile on his face. "Where are you taking me?" Uma asked, doing her best to keep up. He pulled her around the corner and stopped in front of a set of double doors. "Ready?" Uma sighed. "Ready as I'll ever be, considering I have no idea what's going on." Harry chuckled and swung open the doors. "Surprise!"

Uma stared in disbelief at the room full of people. "Harry, what is all this?" He smiled as he took her hand in his. "Well, in Auradon they call it a baby shower. It's a party that congratulates the expectant mother and celebrates that a new baby will be coming into the world. Sometimes the mother even receives gifts to help prepare for the new arrival." She stared at him with wide eyes. "And you did all this for me?" Harry brought her hand to his lips, kissing it gently. "Of course I did. I love ye and our daughter. Though, I had a little help." Uma turned to where he was looking and flashed Evie and Dizzy a grateful smile. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started."
🌟

Chatter and laughter filled the room as Uma opened her gifts. So far she had received several sets of baby clothes, diapers, wipes, toys, and other accessories such as pacifiers and teething rings. She reached over and plucked the final gift from the table. Examining it, she realized there was no tag. She started to ask who the gift was from when a voice cut her off.

"That one's from my grandpa." She looked up and saw Melody and Michael had come to stand in front of her. "Really?" Uma asked in surprise. "Yeah, King Triton is really a great person." Michael smiled, having recently visited Atlantica to thank the king for saving him. "Since my mother united the humans and mermaids, my grandpa has learned to give others a chance." Melody added. "Open it."

Uma tore open the paper to reveal a plain box. Opening it, she found a scroll and two smaller boxes inside. Uma untied the scroll and began to read, her eyes getting wider with each word. "Melody, is this what I think it is?" She asked in disbelief. Melody nodded. "Grandpa's given you, Harry, and the baby full citizenship in Atlantica. Our home is now your home and you can visit whenever you like."

Uma smiled as she got up and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you, this is amazing. There's just one problem though, Harry is human." Melody chuckled. "We thought of that. Harry, open that little red box please." Everyone watched as Harry picked up the box and opened it. He reached inside and pulled out a necklace with a hook-shaped pendant. "A necklace? This is charming lass, but how does it help me get to Atlantica?"

Melody and Michael glanced at each other with knowing smirks. "Just put on the necklace, pirate boy." Harry sighed as he slipped the necklace on over his head. "There it's on, now what princess?" Melody giggled as she guestured towards the necklace. "Now, touch it and say, I wish to be a merman."

Harry looked at her with wide eyes. "Ye can't be serious." It was Uma's turn to laugh. "Just do it Harry." He sighed, rolling his eyes and placing his hand on the necklace. "Fine, I wish to be a merman." Suddenly, a beam of magic shot from the necklace and surrounded Harry. Everyone shielded their eyes from the light but as fast as it came, it went. They heard a loud thud followed by cursing. "Bloody hell! I'm half fish!"

Everyone uncovered their eyes to see Harry on the ground. His clothes were gone and he was now supporting a dark red tail. Uma laughed hysterically. "Oh my Badness, Harry your a merman!" He rolled his eyes with a huff. "I've noticed, Love. Now how do I get my bloody legs back!" Michael snickered. "Dude, just touch the necklace and say, I wish to be human."

Harry huffed and wished himself back to normal. He gave a sigh of relief when he was back in his clothes and had legs once more. "Well, that is certainly not my speciality." Uma chuckled and picked up the other box. "What's in this one, Mel?" Melody grinned. "A necklace for your daughter, so she can transform as well." Uma nodded. "It's perfect, thank you."
🌟

Harry curled up in bed next to Uma and gave a sigh of relief. "Ye think ye got enough gifts love?" Uma chuckled as she pressed her forehead against his. "Are you saying you're worn out from carrying them?" He rolled his eyes playfully. "Of course not, it will take more than a few gifts to tire this pirate."

Uma chuckled as Harry slid down so he was face to face with her stomach. He rubbed it gently and smiled, humming softly. Uma listened to the unfamiliar tune curiously. "What song is that?" Harry stopped humming and sighed. "Somethin' my mum used to sing. She said she learned it from an old friend who was a traveling musician." She gently ran her fingers through his hair. "Can you sing it for me and the baby?" Harry melted into her touch. "I suppose I can serenade you tonight." He smiled before beginning to sing.

Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For ever if I'm far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you
Each night we are apart
Remember me
Though I have to travel far
Remember me
Each time you hear a sad guitar
Know that I’m with you
The only way that I can be
Until you’re in my arms again
Remember me

As Harry finished the last verse he wiped away the tears forming in his eyes. "That was beautiful Harry." Uma smiled as he moved up to lay beside her once more. He gave her a weak smile. "Thanks love." She wrapped her arm around his torso and rested her head against his shoulder. "You really miss her don't you?" Harry nodded slowly. "More than anything."
🌟

Chad groaned as he threw cups into a trash bag. "Why do I have to help clean up the party?" Mal rolled her eyes as she stacked chairs. "Oh I don't know. Maybe because you broke into Jay and Carlos's room multiple times to use Carlos's 3D printer and Fairy Godmother punished you with community service?" He grumbled bitterly. "Just keep rubbing it in why don't you?"

"Cut it out you two." Ben sighed as he scrubbed down another table. "The faster we get done the faster we all get to leave." Chad and Mal muttered in agreement as they got back to work.
🌟

An hour later, the dining room was clean and Chad carried out the last of the trash. "Finally!" He sighed in relief. "Just come on, Ben called, opening the door. Just as they were about to leave the sound of shattering glass filled the room. They all turned to see a figure now standing in the dining hall.

"Audrey!?" Chad said in disbelief. "Is that you?" A dark chuckle echoed through the room as she stepped forward. "That's Queen Audrey and I'll be taking my rightful place on the throne!"

Mal stared in disbelief as she took in her appearance. Audrey's hair was now pink and purple and the pink jumpsuit she wore resembled clothes from the Isle. However, the object that got her attention was the scepter in Audrey's right hand. "Audrey give me the scepter and stand down!" Male yelled. Audrey cackled in amusement. "Oh Mal, you can't seriously think it would be that easy. Can you?"

She waved the scepter causing the ties that had once been around the curtains to fly towards Ben. In a matter of seconds, he was bound to a nearby chair. "Ben! No!" Mal yelled, rushing towards him, but a blast of magic blocked her way. "Ah ah ah." Audrey chided. "The king is mine."

Mal formed a fireball with her hand and chucked it Audrey, who put it out with her staff. "Oh Mal, you'll have to do better than that to defeat me." Audrey launched an attack of her own sending Mal flying into a nearby wall. "Mal!" Ben screamed as he struggled against his bonds and she fell to the floor.

Slowly, Mal rose to her feet and glared at Audrey. "This isn't over. You will fall because if there's one thing I've learned during my time in Auradon, is that good always triumphs over evil!" Audrey cackled that Mal's words. "You will never defeat me, Auradon is mine."

Mal looked over at Ben with tears in her eyes. "I'll come back for you, I promise!" With those words, she transformed into a dragon and flew out the broken window in search of help.

Author's Note

I'm Back!
Hi friends I'm sorry I've been gone so long. College has been stressful and with the holidays there hasn't been much time for writing. Thank you for your patience and to those waiting for updates for my Miraculous sequel they are on their way! Happy Belated Holiday Wishes to Everyone!

                       -Meloetta246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.1K 8
(Based off an alternate ending to Descendants 2) After Uma infiltrated the Royal Cotillion, she was defeated and captured. Months have passed since t...
11.9K 180 7
When the pressure of being a royal becomes too much for Mal, she returns to the Isle to find out that her archenemy Uma, daughter of Ursula, has take...
1.8K 23 10
*Takes place only during Descendants 2 and does not include the Descendants 3 storyline due to the ending* Serene Khan was one of the VK's before the...
144K 3.1K 26
You grew up on the isle as Uma's sister- Ursula took you as a baby from your mother Ariel as payment for giving her legs. This is how you get to Aura...